Shounen - Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke
Use this link to search for raws, translations and Edited Mangas easily!
Series begins in Weekly Shounen Magazine 2009 #24 (release date 16 may 2009 )

About the series:
"Middle Edo Period -- One country becomes the gathering place of all the sinful martial artists, who believe in nothing other than power, and know of no other way of life other than letting oneself go wild in the battle. That country's name is Unabara, the "Haunt of Demons" . . ."

Washitzu Naosata, the ruler of Unabara, is looking for his successor. He calls upon all his 31 sons, and tells them to search for whoever they believe to be the strongest martial artist of all. Each of their chosen martial artists will then fight against each other until only one is left standing. Whoever is the winner, whoever has the strongest martial artist in nation by his side will become his successor . . .

Out in the midst of the mountain is the dojo of the "Ogame Ryuu" (Giant Tortoise Style). There lives Kurogane Gama, the son of the legendary swordsman, Kurogane Jinsuke, who is believed to be able to kill 1000 martial artists in Unabara. There, one of the son of Washitzu Naosata, Washitzu Naoyoshi, comes in search of the legendary swordsman, only to find that he had gone missing several years ago. After seeing the battle style of Gama, he instead chooses to ask Gama to come with him. Wanting to become stronger, Gama agrees to his offer, and that marks the beginning of Gama's battle to become the strongest of all . . .

About the Author:
N/A

mayoi

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: [NEWCOMER] Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

Woahhh nice I'll try to read this one..hehe i thought it was gintoki from gintama

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

If anyone wants a...I'll just call it a preview translation, even though it's the full translation of the first chapter ( :p ), it's here. The only reason why I call it a preview translation is because it isn't proofreaded yet, so I don't allow it to be used as Edited Manga. Unless the Manga Editor wants to proofread it themselves, they'll have to wait till Amit gives me back the proofreaded script and I post it in MH, so...enjoy the preview...>_<"

Lingwe

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

I've also got the second chapter of Gamaran available here although it also shouldn't be used for Edited Manga until chapter 1 has been proofread and released. Ju-da-su and I will be sharing translation of this series with one of us doing one chapter and then the other person does the next one.

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Chapter 3 translation "preview" is here.

Am still waiting for the proofreader, sorry...>_<"

Hyde

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Thanks to both of you. Wish I had time to scanlate this ;)

puremadniss

Reaction score
Country
United States

i was able to do chapter one ^^ thx alot guys for the trans
n thx to rena-chan ^_^
aneways hope u continue translating i like the series alot
masata ownz !!

Meromorphe

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

Solid series and good enough to be entertaining.
There is a good flow in an unoriginal story (I don't read Baki but it seems to be Baki's plot in the period with samurais) and the art is good though I have seen mangas with more dynamic panels for the fights.
There may be too long explanations of the fight styles during the battles.
I have not found the characters outstanding neither annoying.

So, yeah, it is your typical shounen fighting manga. :tem

Last edited:

puremadniss

Reaction score
Country
United States

@ meromorphe, i c your point, i honestly havent read too many samurai mangas at all. in fact this is my first, the only thing i watched samuraish.... ^__*' is samurai champloo. the whole samurai thing and fighting with gamaran just sorta pulled me in.so its sumthing new to me. i like it so far, seems interesting and the different fighting styles interest me ^^.hopefully itll suprise us with sumthing unique l8ter on. gama, is funny also.. i like it and hopefully it gets better and better ><

hash899

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I really love it so far. I cant wait for more. if i wasnt busy with my other projects i would bag this lol :P

good job on it so far though ^_^ not so happy with chapter 3 it was kinda low quality dont know who released that.

Last edited:

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I really love it so far. I cant wait for more. if i wasnt busy with my other projects i would bag this lol :P

good job on it so far though ^_^ not so happy with chapter 3 it was kinda low quality dont know who released that.
Yeah, that was LQ cleaning ^_^ But the person that did Ch 1 and Ch 2 have just released Ch 3 not too long ago.

hash899

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

thanks for the heads up rena. he released chapter 4 aswell just now. so awesome gonna go read it now.

puremadniss

Reaction score
Country
United States

o thx hash for the compliments, ^_^
chapter 5 is out, [ uber ownage gama did, on page 19 ]

Wasilis

Reaction score
Country
Greece
So any news how Gamaran is doing in the Weekly Shounen Magazine? I mean, is it high ranked or at the bottom or in the middle? Do you think it will get canceled? ^_^;;;;

Last edited:

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
So any news how Gamaran is doing in Shounen Jump? I mean, is it ranked high or at the bottom? Do you think it will get canceled? ^_^;;;;
Gamaran is serialised in Weekly Shounen Magazine, not Weekly Shounen Jump...

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Ah well time to get this serie and the thread the activity it deserves. I like gamaran because of the explanation behind all techniques and behind all movements. It's quite refreshing to see the guy observing this last fight, observing gama and telling us what they are all doing. This fight is definitely Gama's win and I hope he'll have the time to heal afterwards because with another opponent it would be difficult to fight him taking the state, he is in at this moment, in account

Stevenh1990

Reaction score
Country
United States
Man this manga is great ,Gama is a beast !

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Man this manga is great ,Gama is a beast !
I second that!

I've read all available chapters 'till now, this manga is addicting which is great. :D Gama is literally a beast, he adepts his fighting abilities and merges it with his surroundings to have the upper hand against his opponents.
Somehow I've the impression that the Ogame style isn't perfected yet, which would give gama more room to grow....

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Of course the Ogame style is perfected but Gama hasn't perfected his Ogame style yet. But I agree there's a lot of progression and potential growth for Gama. Gama has to fight another two members iirc, and those two members are the most dangerous one. They can't be trusted and I would like it if later on, someone joins Gama's group. The opponents will be more difficult

Nice chapter. Reading a raw makes you clueless when you read the scan. I like how the mangaka is working out with the techniques. It makes you getting more involved into the fight. The only disadvantage: all the techniques are coming so fast, it's sometimes difficult to know if it's something new you saw or if it's another stage of a regular technique. Anyway, it seems more people from the kyousen are going to attack. I definitely do look forward to the next chapter

Last edited:

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
From one of the pages in Chapter 13, it seems like there is a good chance that there will be some people joining Gama later. I seriously hope some people from the Ogame School will join him.