Round of 16 - God Serena vs Sherria Blendy | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 God Serena vs Sherria Blendy

Which Fighter Advances?

• God Serena

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Sherria Blendy

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Come on, you guys act like God Serena did something Acnologia-tier.

Alright, it's time for me to put it this way:

I get the idea that we all love feats right? Cool, let's go by feats:

God Serena's Feats:

- Defeated Hyberion, Wolfheim, Warrod, and Jura

Third Origin Chelia's Feats:

- One-shotted
Dimaria "Chronos" Yesta...... A Spriggan 12 member...

Now, which is the better feat? Casually taking down 3 GOI and Jura (they were still moving around and talking after God Serena was done with them)

or

One-shotting a Spriggan 12 member?
TO Chelia didn't one-shot Dimaria. She weakened her first, and then used a finishing move.

Meanwhile, God Serena off-paneled the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura (He might've not used any magic as he wasn't even exhausted or sweating) and then defeated them with No Difficulty afterwards.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Come on, you guys act like God Serena did something Acnologia-tier.

Alright, it's time for me to put it this way:

I get the idea that we all love feats right? Cool, let's go by feats:

God Serena's Feats:

- Defeated Hyberion, Wolfheim, Warrod, and Jura

Third Origin Chelia's Feats:

- One-shotted
Dimaria "Chronos" Yesta...... A Spriggan 12 member...

Now, which is the better feat? Casually taking down 3 GOI and Jura (they were still moving around and talking after God Serena was done with them)

or

One-shotting a Spriggan 12 member?
Dimaria wasn't one shotted, where on earth are you getting that from?
They traded blows for a while before Sherria finished her off, with Wendy providing the shield

TeamGodSerena

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
God Serena low difficulty. Sherria had the slayer advanTage against dimaria. God Serena however she does not. God Serena is out of her league.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
TO Chelia didn't one-shot Dimaria. She weakened her first, and then used a finishing move.

Meanwhile, God Serena off-paneled the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura (He might've not used any magic as he wasn't even exhausted or sweating) and then defeated them with No Difficulty afterwards.

Dimaria wasn't one shotted, where on earth are you getting that from?
They traded blows for a while before Sherria finished her off, with Wendy providing the shield

Well sure, I can agree that Chelia didn't exactly oneshot Dimaria.

But I thought we were all going strictly by feats, right?

If you look back at the panels you posted , all of her previous attacks weren't God Slaying Spells. They were merely powerful physical attacks.

We have feats that one shot from Chelia's God Slaying Spell took out Dimaria.

And as for God Serena, we can't assume that he might've not used any magic. We go by the feats....

God Serena used a combo of different Dragon Slaying Magic, and the GOI's and Jura still moved and talked at the end. I'd say, at maximum, the GOI's and Jura sustained moderate-major injuries.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is a bit of a tough one to decide tbh. On one hand you have God Serena who solo'd the Gods of Ishgar (most of it was off-panel so we can only speculate on how he beat them), and on the other hand you have Third Origin Sherria who has all of the magic power etc. that she'd of obtained in her whole life. Even with God Serena's eight types of Dragon Slayer magic, Sherria can still heal herself and eat God Serena's Hurricane Dragon magic if he used that at any point, so there's that as well. Seeing both have pretty high offensive power, especially Sherria with her doing the majority of the damage to Dimaria with one attack like what Natsu did to Jacob, I'm giving this to Sherria high diff. Being able to heal herself of any injuries gets her over the line imo.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
those punches were actually magical.not like God Slaying Fist or whatever but they were from a God Slayer.if you remember,her kick,a punch and one more attack undid her God form.not completely but a part of it.she used one God Slaying move and that one was like a Secret Art.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well sure, I can agree that Chelia didn't exactly oneshot Dimaria.

But I thought we were all going strictly by feats, right?

If you look back at the panels you posted , all of her previous attacks weren't God Slaying Spells. They were merely powerful physical attacks.

We have feats that one shot from Chelia's God Slaying Spell took out Dimaria.

And as for God Serena, we can't assume that he might've not used any magic. We go by the feats....

God Serena used a combo of different Dragon Slaying Magic, and the GOI's and Jura still moved and talked at the end. I'd say, at maximum, the GOI's and Jura sustained moderate-major injuries.
Okay, we won't assume how God Serena off-paneled the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura. But you have to admit that although the fight happened off-panel, God Serena wasn't exhausted nor took any damage. Either way, he destroyed them. The fact that the Gods of Ishgar + Jura still moved and talked at the end tells us nothing. Look at where Dimaria is now. She didn't die so she recovered nonetheless. Besides, it is a fact that the combined attack and defense of the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura exceeds that of TO Chelia + DF Wendy. So it only makes sense that God Serena would have to use more attacks to take out 4 people instead of 2.

Chelia's healing won't work here. It was noted that Chelia can only recover from her injuries. Her fatigue/energy is still consistent. And because God Serena has more MP than her, she will eventually falter, which will lead to her defeat.

Unless you want to argue that TO Chelia has higher attack power and defense than God Serena, I still don't see how anybody can spin this so that TO Chelia wins.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, we won't assume how God Serena off-paneled the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura. But you have to admit that although the fight happened off-panel, God Serena wasn't exhausted nor took any damage. Either way, he destroyed them. The fact that the Gods of Ishgar + Jura still moved and talked at the end tells us nothing. Look at where Dimaria is now. She didn't die so she recovered nonetheless. Besides, it is a fact that the combined attack and defense of the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura exceeds that of TO Chelia + DF Wendy. So it only makes sense that God Serena would have to use more attacks to take out 4 people instead of 2.

Chelia's healing won't work here. It was noted that Chelia can only recover from her injuries. Her fatigue/energy is still consistent. And because God Serena has more MP than her, she will eventually falter, which will lead to her defeat.

Unless you want to argue that TO Chelia has higher attack power and defense than God Serena, I still don't see how anybody can spin this so that TO Chelia wins.

Yeah, alright, I think we can agree that Dimaria is fairly uninjured as well.

The fact is that God Serena still used powerful attacks, none of which completely obliterated the GOI and Jura.

Warrod is pretty old and frail and Jura is nowhere near Dimaria. The two best fighters that God Serena beat were Hyberion and Wolfheim.

Meanwhile, TO Chelia beat Dimaria by herself, again, one of the Spriggan 12.

Uh you missed the point for that last paragraph. Sure, Chelia can heal her injuries and not her fatigue, but as I said in the past, she can take care of the fatigue problem simply by eating the air.

Now, not only can she heal her injuries, but she can start spamming secret art spells by eating air. That takes care of the fatigue problem.

In other words:

Injuries? Not a problem, Chelia will just used her magical energy to heal.

Fatigue? Not a problem, Chelia can just eat the air.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
those punches were actually magical.not like God Slaying Fist or whatever but they were from a God Slayer.if you remember,her kick,a punch and one more attack undid her God form.not completely but a part of it.she used one God Slaying move and that one was like a Secret Art.

Those punches that Chelia did are just like Natsu's fist on fire. They come from a slayer, but they are just powerful flaming fists, etc.

They may have undone her God form and abilities, but it did little damage.

Technically, the god slaying secret art spell was enough to defeat Dimaria alone.

It's just like Gray doing a series of ice punches on Mard Geer. Mard Geer was hardly affected.

It took only one Ice Devil Zeroth: Destructive Bow from to Gray put Mard Geer to rest.

Mard Geer's fate would have still been the same if he just stood still and let Gray pierce his body with the Ice Devil arrow shot from the beginning.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, alright, I think we can agree that Dimaria is fairly uninjured as well.

The fact is that God Serena still used powerful attacks, none of which completely obliterated the GOI and Jura.

Warrod is pretty old and frail and Jura is nowhere near Dimaria. The two best fighters that God Serena beat were Hyberion and Wolfheim.

Meanwhile, TO Chelia beat Dimaria by herself, again, one of the Spriggan 12.
If you're talking about God Serena using powerful attacks as in they are naturally powerful then I agree. But God Serena wasn't going full power or all out. He casually casted those spells in less than a second and didn't even show the other half of his Dragon Slayer Magic. Warrod is old and frail? We're not talking about a person physiology here. Hades is old. But I know for a fact that you hype this guy. The power of each character in Fairy Tail is determined from one's magic power. Seeing how Warrod can casually cast a tree that extends 2000 km in a few seconds tells us just how strong he actually is. Jura may be weaker than Dimaria but combined with the 3 Gods of Ishgar, you can't possibly tell me TO Chelia is on the same level. She is almost fodder to all of them combined.

You use the same sentence, "Meanwhile, TO Chelia beat Dimaria by herself, again, one of the Spriggan 12" to prove TO Chelia's power. Well, guess what? God Serena is one of the Spriggan 12 and he far outclasses Dimaria.

Uh you missed the point for that last paragraph. Sure, Chelia can heal her injuries and not her fatigue, but as I said in the past, she can take care of the fatigue problem simply by eating the air.

Now, not only can she heal her injuries, but she can start spamming secret art spells by eating air. That takes care of the fatigue problem.

In other words:

Injuries? Not a problem, Chelia will just used her magical energy to heal.

Fatigue? Not a problem, Chelia can just eat the air.
No, I didn't miss your point at all. Guess who else can eat the air? God Serena. He might not be able to absorb Chelia's Sky God Slaying Magic but he can replenish himself by eating the air around him with his Wind Dragon Slaying Magic. God Serena can still outrun Chelia in Stamina, Endurance, and MP. Chelia can spam her attacks but so can God Serena. Actually, we've seen more spamming from him than any other character.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you're talking about God Serena using powerful attacks as in they are naturally powerful then I agree. But God Serena wasn't going full power or all out. He casually casted those spells in less than a second and didn't even show the other half of his Dragon Slayer Magic. Warrod is old and frail? We're not talking about a person physiology here. Hades is old. But I know for a fact that you hype this guy. The power of each character in Fairy Tail is determined from one's magic power. Seeing how Warrod can casually cast a tree that extends 2000 km in a few seconds tells us just how strong he actually is. Jura may be weaker than Dimaria but combined with the 3 Gods of Ishgar, you can't possibly tell me TO Chelia is on the same level. She is almost fodder to all of them combined.

You use the same sentence, "Meanwhile, TO Chelia beat Dimaria by herself, again, one of the Spriggan 12" to prove TO Chelia's power. Well, guess what? God Serena is one of the Spriggan 12 and he far outclasses Dimaria.

No, I didn't miss your point at all. Guess who else can eat the air? God Serena. He might not be able to absorb Chelia's Sky God Slaying Magic but he can replenish himself by eating the air around him with his Wind Dragon Slaying Magic. God Serena can still outrun Chelia in Stamina, Endurance, and MP. Chelia can spam her attacks but so can God Serena. Actually, we've seen more spamming from him than any other character.

God Serena was using pretty powerful attacks even for himself. He used his dragon slaying spells. August even noted that he hadn't seen God Serena being serious in a battle in a long time.

Even God Serena's eyes changed. You can see it grew darker. As for Warrod, he is old and is more of a support than pure combatant.

TO Chelia > Jura

God Serena is a Spriggan, but TO Chelia is also Spriggan level. In fact, TO Chelia > God Serena.

Actually, we have no proof of God Serena being able to eat the wind. Even so, let's say God Serena can eat the air and cancel out with Chelia....

He can't heal himself; therefore, his injuries will catch up faster to him than it will for Chelia.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
God Serena was using pretty powerful attacks even for himself. He used his dragon slaying spells. August even noted that he hadn't seen God Serena being serious in a battle in a long time.
August said that they haven't seen his true power in some time.

True Power ≠ Full Power. For example, maybe God Serena didn't use DS magic to take down the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura. But once August said that they will see God Serena's true, he used his Dragon Slaying Magic. August never hinted that God Serena went serious or full power.

Even God Serena's eyes changed. You can see it grew darker. As for Warrod, he is old and is more of a support than pure combatant.
He may be a support (offensively) but he has durability feats. So he would still add to the combined power of the Wizard Saints.

TO Chelia > Jura
Agreed.

God Serena is a Spriggan, but TO Chelia is also Spriggan level. In fact, TO Chelia > God Serena.
I don't agree with this statement at all. TO Chelia is on par with Hyberion at max (I'm being lenient here). There is no way she can defeat God Serena considering he defeated Hyberion easily. TO Chelia may be Spriggan Level (Mid-Tier like Dimaria), but she won't stand a chance against God Serena (High-Tier Spriggan Level).

Actually, we have no proof of God Serena being able to eat the wind. Even so, let's say God Serena can eat the air and cancel out with Chelia....
No proof? God Serena is a dragon slayer. He can consume any element that he has in his arsenal just like Laxus and Cobra (2nd Generation Dragon Slayers). In that case, we have no proof that Gray can eat ice.

He can't heal himself; therefore, his injuries will catch up faster to him than it will for Chelia.
He doesn't need to heal himself. His durability is higher than Chelia's attack power. Similarly, his attack power is higher than Chelia's defense. As for fatigue, both will replenish themselves but God Serena has more MP to start out with so he'll last longer in battle. As for Chelia, she can heal her injuries but she'll soon run out of energy in which she'll be completely defenseless. Meaning she will be vulnerable to God Serena's attacks and he'll inflict more damage at a faster rate than she can heal. God Serena will win easily that way.

Just keep in mind that injuries is not everything in a fight. One's magic energy is also important as it applies to Stamina and Endurance.

Anyways, it seems like we're really persistent on our opinions and neither of us will change. You can have the last word.

Last edited:

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sherria is powerful with TO, and her ability to heal is strong. The problem is she is facing one of the Spriggan 12, and she only beat Dimaria because of slayer advantage imo, not to mention Wendy helping her, and even then it was not easy. God Serena took out GOI, who I believe are overrated from what I have seen, but they are still pretty skilled. He beat them all pretty easily, which is no small feat for anyone. I did not think Sherria should have made it past last round, so I am certainly not going to take her here. God Serena wins this mid diff imo.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
That doesn't make him a high tier Spirggan. Any Spirggan should be capable of that.
Actually, no, not any of the Spriggan 12 should be capable of that except God Serena, August and Eileen

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
That doesn't make him a high tier Spirggan. Any Spirggan should be capable of that.
Yes, it does.

Just because Serena casually stomped them means every other Spriggan can too? What kind of logic is that?

No other Spriggan have shown the feats to be casually stomping 4 Pre-TS Jellal tiers.

Case and point lol.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
No other Spriggan have shown the feats to be casually stomping 4 Pre-TS Jellal tiers.
Oh yes they did. Every other Spriggan instead Neinhart and Ajeel could defeat them with more easy than God Serena.

Jacob, Di Maria, Bradman and Brandish will stomp/oneshot them. In the end God Serena can't be compared with their hax magic.

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh yes they did. Every other Spriggan instead Neinhart and Ajeel could defeat them with more easy than God Serena.

Jacob, Di Maria, Bradman and Brandish will stomp/oneshot them. In the end God Serena can't be compared with their hax magic.
Yeah, no.

They have no feats to suggest they can casually stomp 4 Jellal tiers.

Dimaria got punked by lolis.
Brandish hasn't done anything.
Ajeel was getting pushed by Erza.
Jacob got taken out by Natsu. xD

Are people serious or?

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, no.

They have no feats to suggest they can casually stomp 4 Jellal tiers.

Dimaria got punked by lolis.
Brandish hasn't done anything.
Ajeel was getting pushed by Erza.
Jacob got taken out by Natsu. xD

Are people serious or?
LMAO.

You're so biased towards God Serena.

Di Maria has Age Seal to oneshot them, Jacob has Transport to oneshot them, Brandish can shrink and stomp them and Bradman can kill them within the first view seconds.

Oh please.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Yes, it does.

Just because Serena casually stomped them means every other Spriggan can too? What kind of logic is that?

Case and point lol.
No, it doesn't.

Serena has bee portrayed on the level of the other Spriggans, not ahead of them, so yes, that logic works.

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
LMAO.

You're so biased towards God Serena.

Di Maria has Age Seal to oneshot them, Jacob has Transport to oneshot them, Brandish can shrink and stomp them and Bradman can kill them within the first view seconds.

Oh please.
Dimaria's the only exception since her time-stop shenanigans. Her overall stats are pretty bad though.

Jacob's not one-shotting shit, he got hurt by a Makarov punch and Lucy kick. Serena's the only one one-shotting shit here.

Brandish literally hasn't show any feats except shrinking or enlarging stuff, so she's getting blitzed and guess what? One-shotted.

Have to see more of Bradman before judging. He's having a hard time taking Gajeel right now.

No, it doesn't.

Serena has bee portrayed on the level of the other Spriggans, not ahead of them, so yes, that logic works.
What does portrayal have to do with anything?

Sorry, but we have feats to by, and quite frankly Serena has feats that are >> any of the other Spriggans feats.

So no.

Status
Not open for further replies.