Shounen - mx0 by Yasuhiro Kano | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen mx0 by Yasuhiro Kano

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Figured this is either a good idea or a waste of space, but figured i'd do it anyway.

a space to just generally talk about this excellent manga, whether you decide to use spoilers or not.

I'm no good at starting these things off, so if anyone cares to, why not mention some of the things that make MX0 a great manga!

[eni]*hijacks*[/eni]
Jadent put all volumes on rapidshare for complete download:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1083361#post1083361

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ikuroi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Re: MX0 General discussion

I don't really know where to start, i picked up this manga for about some months ago, a kickass manga who s funny as hell :D i recommend it to everyone

TBBX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

yeah it is a pretty cool manga. I got into it with the series that was like it that was called MP0 or something like that. I think it was a one shot or something and then this came out and I was like sweet

rankgain

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Mx0 16 by Hanaji-Scans

Isn't the other thread the exact same thing...

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, love fantasy and magical mangas like Mx0. Wish the next chapter would come out soon. Cliffhanger... :crying

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Wow, I jsut read the 16 chapters last night, and they're amazing xD It's so funny and carefree, but at the same time, it's got action and supernatural stuff too =D But yes, ch16 was a cliffhanger >.>

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Yeah, I caught up to Chapter 16 myself too. Good stuff! I especially like the antics between Kuzumi and Aika's dad. Haha.

I want more. :D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Do You Want Him to Learn Magic?

I think the series is hilarious so far with Kuzumi not knowing any magic yet, but do you guys want him to learn magic and actually become powerful later on in the series?

There's gotta be a twist somewhere - I don't see how a "Mundy" could get to a gold card before the end of high school, either. If you think he's going to achieve that goal, how do you think he'll be able to do it?

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Do You Want Him to Learn Magic?

Well he actually did display some magic, apparantly through sheer will and instinct he managed to dispell Ise's magic. I'm guessing that Kuzumi is much more of a physical fighter then a magic user and won't rise in the ranks of cards but will use magic in the way Asuna does in Negima. Just use it do dispel the oppenents magic and punch them in the face :modsmack

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

I hope he does. I'm personally a big fan of magic, in particular, flashy spells. XD Maybe he'll just steadily work his way up, and impress Aika along the way. :)

NigG_NamE

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe

Hehe i like the manga 2...
but only 17 chapters till now :'(
i hate w8in 4 weeks...dammit
The scene i liked most was the one where you could see Kuzumi with the skull over his head, after the explosion and stuff...really cool

someone2040

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I think he will, just seems something that will naturally flow along with the course of the manga. I think it'll get old if he doesn't have magic all the way through (Aside from already having used magic in the last scanslated chapter). Cause it'd just be the same thing
-Get in to troublesome situation-everyone else is all like "yay, go Gold Card user"-Kuzumi figures out way to get through it without using magic-Go back to step 1
Although, I do wonder how big the impact is going to be when it's revealed to the student body that he doesn't actually have a gold card (or at least they might think, doesn't have it anymore), since that seems like one of those things that will inevitably happen as well.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I've only read the 16 scanned, but its looking amazing!

And i can't shake the feeling that the next chapter will reveal the M0 plates true nature (presuming it has one of course)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

at first I didn't like mxo, but I am getting into it. It's funny all the way, the art is nice too. Ossu! did a great job but they are slow, luckily manu picked it up and I hope he can do fast scan releases :D

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ch18 translation came out! :) Hopefully it will be scanlated soon.

fireburst

Translator
Reaction score

manu said:
Well he actually did display some magic, apparantly through sheer will and instinct he managed to dispell Ise's magic.
it is explained in 18 that it was actually the M0 plate that canceled the magic, so he is still magic-less. :s

i don't really see him getting a gold plate either since he seems to just rush into things without thinking but i am hoping he gets gold of course!

Zell_SP

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

I REALLY LIKE THIS MANGA! AIKA's weird personality's fun, like her amusement at lame jokes, and the characters' individuality and uniqueness, "opposed to the sterotypical or usual personality", are a real interesting read.

Icequbeman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

Hmmm even though i expect him never to get any "true" magic the author might pull a fast one and give him it >.<. Than again that hes the kind of guy that try his hardest to stick to his word..one day he might get enough magic points for just a red card.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

naaaahhh, the fact he doesn't know using magic and everybody believing the opposite makes the story more interesting then ever.

I like it as it is atm