Shounen - K.O.Sen by Murase Katsutoshi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen K.O.Sen by Murase Katsutoshi

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

A Edited Manga for Chapter 1 is out. Go HERE

Discuss away!

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
well, I like this one. Art, story this one has potential,

I wonder what hajime no ippo fans will think about this

ginrai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
indeed can't complain about the art it somewhat reminds me of takehiko inoue artstyle but not qiuete.the manga itself has potential to stay in wsj for at least a while.

about the Edited Manga the guy who did it really made a lot off pages overlevelled don't you agree!?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
indeed can't complain about the art it somewhat reminds me of takehiko inoue artstyle but not qiuete.the manga itself has potential to stay in wsj for at least a while.

about the Edited Manga the guy who did it really made a lot off pages overlevelled don't you agree!?
I understand what you mean about the art being sort of like Inoue's. The detail is the same, but the art style is definitely less realistic than his.

The Manga Editor was dealing with a poor quality raw mind you, and I can't really fault him for that. It's readable, which is better than nothing.

I think the series is interesting, and it looks to have a bit of the "Slice of Life" genre in it too, which might really work well with a sports/fighting series.

Sorata

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I think this series have tons of potencial, but only time can tell how great it will be.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Man this getting better and better. I liked how the mangaka draws, the art is really awesome. That wolf behind sen was really awesome. I am looking forward to more and I hope it survives in jump

Gr1mmy

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
K. O. Sen looks pretty good to me. Of course, it depends on how it'll develop from here, but it looks like it'll be getting better.

Muay Thai, kick boxing.

Ah... the greatness.

Sen seems to be a bit like Ichigo...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Hmmm...it's starting to get more like an average sports series now, with the metaphors of the Grim Reaper and Wolf.

In all honesty, I was hoping for more slice of life than sports. The art is still pretty good though. We'll have to wait an see I suppose.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hmmm...it's starting to get more like an average sports series now, with the metaphors of the Grim Reaper and Wolf.

In all honesty, I was hoping for more slice of life than sports. The art is still pretty good though. We'll have to wait an see I suppose.
But that doesn't always (there are and there are none) work.

Best example: Over Time - art en story awesome, it was mainly about slice of life. It was very good imo and had a lot of potential. What happened? Dropped
Other: Hands - about handball never scanlated and I don't know what it is about but the intro was starting with the slice of life part and it seemed that was also a major part in that story. What happened? Dropped

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I don't really care what works and what doesn't honestly, I'm just going by my tastes. I liked Over Time actually.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well it's decided this is for me the best newcomer of the "big" three. I like the story and the main character and I hope this will survive and continue for a long time

A lot of potential and looking forward to more

SabiQ

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
just read chapter 5...looking so awesome so far XD

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
just read chapter 5...looking so awesome so far XD
Well I hope a jp-eng translator will pick this up

it's hard to wait till french Edited Mangas come out and I hate it to translate it

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Just read chapter 6. I really enjoyed this one. Yeah it's simple and a prototypical shounen plot device, but I still enjoyed it a lot. The addition of the chibi, fatty, yankee, and Tatsuo is something this series probably needed.

The Fourth

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
I have a new favourite manga
and Sen seems to have a new friend

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
well the latest scanlated chapter was very good. Some new characters of the dojo, a small guy that'll prolly look up to sen, an agressive girl and a showdown elvis guy

I liked the humor in it and I really hope this will survive

Sorata

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
well the latest scanlated chapter was very good. Some new characters of the dojo, a small guy that'll prolly look up to sen, an agressive girl and a showdown elvis guy

I liked the humor in it and I really hope this will survive

I think it will survive, japanese people really love characters like Sen, and it´s a great point +; if they introduced a character like Hibari(KHR) or Shin(Eyeshield 21) it would gain even more poppularity, i don´t think that a guy like Seidou have the same charisma as Hibari or Shin, and people really love those kinds of characters, good characters can sustain a manga.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well unfortunately, there are already rumors floating around that it'll be cancelled along with Poseidon.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well unfortunately, there are already rumors floating around that it'll be cancelled along with Poseidon.
as long as it's rumors we can still have some hope ;)

Lyre

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Yeah, I heard them too... Unfortunately the community where I found them tends to be correct with these things ^^"