Shoujo - Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyousuke | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyousuke

Sportgal1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Synopsis: (from mangaupdates) “No matter what happens, I’ll protect you.”

Teru, a poor and kind girl, recently lost her older brother, her only remaining relative. Before he died, he gave her a cell phone connecting her to a person he said would support her if ever he were unable to. As time passes she is cheered on by text messages sent from this enigmatic person, known only as DAISY. But one day, through an unexpected incident as Teru begins working for the delinquent school janitor, Kurosaki, she starts to question DAISY's identity. DAISY may be closer to Teru than she thinks.

Title: Dengeki Daisy
Mangaka: Motomi Kyousuke
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Shoujo
Serialized by: Betsucomi
Published by: Shogakukan
Edited Mangas: On-going , online

Madsin92 recommended this to me and it's really good. I wish it were farther along. The part I really like is that you get to see the point-of-view of the girl and the guy. Anyone else read it?

madsin92

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
Re: [Shoujo] Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyousuke

woot!!! You know there's this site: www.tatsukida.pitas.com where Kat has DD summaries of the chapters that have not yet been scanlated (im very impatient) you'll have to search for them but if you're anxious to know what happens next you can always check them out ^^
Also, RAWS of chapter 16-29 are available on the net, if anyone wants the links, ask me, i'll put them up here but I HAVE NOT SCANNED THEM :s
DENGEKI DAISY ROCKS!! XD

smokeesid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Re: [Newcomer][Shoujo] Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyousuke

Well it doesn't rock but surely an awesome Series that even though I am a guy reading it

chiresakura

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Newcomer][Shoujo] Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyousuke

I have to say, I'm more interested in Teru's brother and Kurosaki and what happened in the past than what's going on in the current storyline, but I like the series nonetheless ^_^

Sportgal1

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: [Featured Series][Shoujo] Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyousuke

There's a new chapter! I've been waiting for this, now i'm off to read it. http://ochibichan.net/?page_id=132. Ch. 16 is at the bottom.

OLady

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Featured Series][Shoujo] Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyousuke

I like it. The story gets deeper and deeper. We can see the consequences of the past even if we don't know what that past actually is (was?). Our perceptions of the different characters keep changing with every new revelation. Nothing and (mostly) no one is what they appear to be. Yummy.

Adorien

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

I really like it. It's really nice and really funny, I like the humor in it. I hope it's not too short.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I think the manga has a good rhythm... It's currently on chapter 32 in Japan... you see things slowly developing between Teru and Kurosaki, but there's still all this mistery around Teru's brother... It just makes you want to know more... I guess it will take a while to the story to come to an end...

rmdichos

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

omg... this story rocks! the plot is really unique and i really like the art...

I love the idea of how they develop to know each other and how the story flows...

I like the servant thingy... and the comedy...

Kurosaki is lovable and so is Teru...

goal

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

I agree with the previous comments. This shoujo is paced so well. It's got so many things done just right.
The two leads are both likable. The guy is mysterious, dark, sexy, and in tune with his desire/lust (which is a big plus for me when I'm reading manga).
The girl has common sense! One step ahead of that, actually. She is smart. She is sweet. She is sentimental. She seems so well-rounded and believable.
It is so easy to like both characters. I find the development of romance so sweetly paced.
And then there is a plot. We have so many question's about Daisy's past. And Teru's brother? The point is the reader is drawn in and is anxious to know more.
I am giving full credit to this mangaka for doing something amazing. I don't see many shoujo's that are so well structured and so well thought out. Great entertainment value. Great potential and promise. I hope this series carries on just like this and if it does, then it will only get better and better.
Love it so far.

steve7680768

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well this series is really awesome..
I appreciate the story and the characters involvement into it...

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
[Shoujo] Dengeki Daisy by Motomi Kyosuke

Dengeki Daisy
By Motomi Kyousuke
Genre Comedy, Drama, ROmance, Shoujo,Mystery,School Life
Serialized in Shogakukan
Mangaupdates

Description:

After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved older brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with Daisy, an enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, Teru meets and forms a strange friendship with mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki, her school's janitor. For some reason, Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help which leads Teru to wonder: Could Daisy be a lot closer than she thinks?

As the mystery of Daisy unfolds, Teru also discovers that there may have been a lot more to the life and death of her brother than she ever dreamed . . . and that the man she thought was her friend just might have all the answers.

My own opinion:

This manga is giving me a Kaichou wa maid-sama feeling. So the fans of maid-sama wills urely like this. However this one is a little bit serious type, once again the main characters are struggling because of their past which affects their relationship.Male lead has a very Usui takumi feeling.:super:super

Last edited:

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia

Just caught up with DD! :zomg

I really liked it. I have never felt that the story was getting dull, really loved the pacing. The hacker side is pretty original (never thought I'll think about hot hackers, lol :XD).

The characters are really good, and of course Daisy (I'll call him that, ok? XD) is just a sweet-heart <3333 Tsundere types :wub
And also Sou fan here, I guess I have a soft spot for idiots XDD

And Chairman :lmao:lmao

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia

Tasuku is getting more handsome every chapter lol :wub

And I had a near heart attack when I saw Andy at the party. He has a kind of a Robert Downey Jr. thing going on for him ♥

Gotta laugh at villains who always tell their whole plan to the victim and it screws them over in the end xD

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I got this info from MangaUpdates:

The September issue of Shogakukan's Betsucomi magazine is revealing on Saturday that Kyousuke Motomi's Dengeki Daisy shōjo romance manga will end in the magazine's November issue, which is scheduled to ship in Japan on October 12.

Viz licensed the manga under the Shojo Beat imprint. The manga revolves around Teru Kurebayashi, a high school student who has lost both her parents and most recently, her older brother. Per her older brother's last wish, Teru now communicates via text messages with a mysterious yet supportive confidant named "Daisy." Then one day, Teru accidentally breaks a window at school and agrees to pay for it by helping the school janitor Kurosaki with chores around the school. Kurosaki is very strict, and seems to be hiding something from Teru.

Motomi began the manga in Betsucomi in 2007, and Shogakukan published the 14th Japanese compiled volume in June. Viz Media published the 12th compiled volume in North America in May. Both the English and Japanese versions of the manga have ranked on the lists of top-selling books in their respective countries.

Viz Media also published Motomi's two-volume Beast Master series in 2009-2010.

The September issue of Betsucomi also revealed that Shizuki Fujisawa's Boku to Kimi to de Niji ni Naru manga will also end in the magazine's November issue.

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia

what?! 0_0 i'm behind one chapter or two or something like that, but really?! i thought it would continue for quite a while!

well, it was a great series. daisyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

oh no! I'm still at chapter 50 something but I also didn't feel like it would end so soon... I'll really miss it...