Shounen - Ace of Diamond by Yuji Terajima | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Ace of Diamond by Yuji Terajima

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Summary: High school baseball manga. Teamed up with an elite catcher, pitcher Sawamura Sakai leaves his high school in the country to attend the catcher's high school.

Serialization: 2006-present
Serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine (Its a Kodansha manga so it can't be found at Mangahelpers)

Chapters 1-10 can be read on online viewing sites like Mangafox and Mangavolume.

The rest can be found at Aozora no Kumo scans. They are currently doing regular scans of the series.

Really good series. If you like Ahiru no Sora or Area no Kishi, you will probably be a fan of this series.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I've liked what has been scanlated so far but it's a slow paced series with a slow rate of release online. Hard to get a feel for it. Definitely well written, the characters are interesting. Not a huge fan of the art; well drawn but almost to stereotypically Shonen Magazine. The character design looks a lot like Bloody Monday's. Over all a good series that seems like it will keep getting better and better.

Chapters 20-22 came out today!

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I like how the main character is going to the super elite school instead of fighting against them like in most shonen sports manga. Main character is pretty typical of most Magazine sports manga, but I really like him. I look forward to future scans.

Reactions: nat

nat

Reaction score
Country
Bermuda
The protagonist might be typical of shounen manga but he's lovable in a goofy kind of way.

I always find shounen characters lacking, but this story's characters are very promising. And so is the pacing, fast but not hurrying and most importantly NO SAPPY ROMANCE.... Well so far anyway.

Can't wait for future releases :)

Ps: I'm addicted to it atm XD

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Ah I just caught up on the recent scans and I love this series even more now! This is really one of the best sports series out there with some extremely likable characters even on the opposing teams. Moar ppl read this nao!

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
This is probably worth sharing here. Diaya no Ace is getting an anime this fall. Credits to Netorare who posted the link originally in the Weekly Shonen Magazine thread in the Otaku Shoten section.

So, anyone excited about this? I know I am! An interesting point Kaiten brought up in the previous thread was how long the series will be. I don't mind if its not ridiculously long covering all the available material but just one cour would be disappointing.

Also had to bump this old thing :derp

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm too excited for this. So glad it landed an anime.
I feel like a hipster being one of the not so many Westerners who will know this manga before the anime is released lol.
I've been expecting an anime for a while though, it does run in the same magazine as Code Breaker and Fairy Tail after all.

Will it be a 26ep. Seasonal? Or an On-going?

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
^We don't know how long it will be just yet but seeing as how it is a joint project, I'm crossing my fingers for at least 50 episodes.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
^We don't know how long it will be just yet but seeing as how it is a joint project, I'm crossing my fingers for at least 50 episodes.
50 episodes? That's an Annual!!
But they don't really make annuals anymore. Haven't seen a 50-56 episode anime in years.

I'm only on Chapter 93 and the Volume just came out and the people who scan it are doing a great job atm with releases.
But I love the Slam Dunk inspired route but the author made it original by having Furuya not so perfect and Sawamura far from crap.
So far its not been ruined by the classical Shounen useless female character.
I think the author could do a bit better in making characters more memorable though. I've only seen few Sports Mangas pull that off.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
This has been my read during my no internet holidays and I don't regret picking it up. As usual the idiots character but I like the fact that it is just not about the pitcher. I also like the fact that Eijun has still a long way to go, that makes the 3d year role more interesting. It seems to me that the serie give the coach character more place than in normal sport series (but I'm not an expert on those).
As for the current match, I guess it's time Tanba come to the den, I don't see how they can win otherwise.

AlexisMeade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Guys this is IG and Madhouse combo anime. Even if I don't read this manga (which I totally do) I would be watching for just that.

Two monster studios. Gosh Japanese really do love their baseball, don't they? This is the best baseball manga I've seen so far, though. No wonder it'd be animated by those two.

It reaches vol 12 with the Edited Manga, but in Japan it's the 29th tankobon already. There should be plenty of materials.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
They've really taken the Slam Dunk route though.
Having Sawamura = Sakuragi and Furuya = Rukawa.
Only difference is Furuya has friends whilst Rukawa liked being lonely.

I gotta say I love how realistic it is too. Just like in Slam Dunk they're including what quite a lot of Sports mangas cut out, the heavy tears of the 3rd Years of the given Sports club after they are knocked out of their final tournament.
Adds so much to the story for me.

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The voice actors for upcoming Daiya no Ace animation is announed:

- Sawamura Eijun = Ohsaka Ryouta
- Fusaya Satoru = Shimazaki Nobunaga
- Kominato Haruichi = Hanae Natsuki
- Miyuki Kazuya = Sakurai Takahiro

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
This thread is for manga discussion only. The anime can discussed in the anime thread.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Thanks, I was wondering why this place was a ghost town especially after a new episode.
Next time if someone could put a link to connect the Manga thread and Anime thread of one series or something please?
That'd be great

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Maybe it's possible to add it to the database like manga thread are.

Korean Kuroko

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Favorite baseball manga I've read so far. I'm up to the Yakushi match right now!
Fav characters so far are Miyuki(duh!), Sawamura, Raichi and the Kominato bros.

Does anybody know if scalations are up todate? I believe they are not but I could be wrong.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I started reading this just two weekends ago, currently following along at the pace of the anime and will probably read furthur depending on where it stops. Manga has good art and good comedy though doesnt really develop Eijuns two roommates as well so far, better characterization and fun times would be nice, tough Im just 24 chps in.

-How odd to introduce an issue for his rival, Satoru Furuya so early in, I thought it would be something to come up during an actually relevant game.

Korean Kuroko

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
-How odd to introduce an issue for his rival, Satoru Furuya so early in, I thought it would be something to come up during an actually relevant game.
Really? Seemed like a standard rival introduction to me.

And one small thing I dont like about this manga so far(up to chapter 120) is that the characters' only interest is baseball. At least Prince of Tennis and Kuroko no basket show that the characters do other things other than play sports and have other aspirations in life than play. Not so much here, it's all about baseball all the time.