Seinen - Bambino! by SEKIYA Tetsuji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Bambino! by SEKIYA Tetsuji

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Bambino!
Author: Sekiya Tetsuji
Length: 15 volumes
Year Started: 2005
Serialized In: Big Comic Spirits
Publisher: Shogakukan
Scanlated By: Anonymous Spore

Shogo Ban, a college student from Fukuoka, likes to cook. Thanks to the owner of the restaurant where he works part-time, he finds himself working at the line of Roppongi's best Italian restaurant, Trattoria Baccanale, and discovers that the real deal isn't quite as easy as he'd thought. The manga follows Ban as he struggles to keep up with the hectic workload and his co-workers, along with issues outside the kitchen like his relationship with his girlfriend Eri, who he left behind in Fukuoka.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
This manga is flippin' great.
It always seemed interesting, as I like cooking manga. But I didn't expect myself to plow through that first volume so quickly.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I agree that this is a great manga!

I really like the main character. He seems pretty easy to relate too which is something I like. Also, bonus points for it being about an Italian restaurant (Italian food is the best ever!). Though the volume covers make me so hungry...

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Haha yeah, Italian food rocks! ;)
My gf is Italian and a great cook, so I get to eat a lot of it. :)

Sensei 12

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
LOL
I love this manga. Some years ago I watched the japanese drama. I loved it *__*

And it's so fun when they talk in italian :D

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Seems like Anonymous spore has decided to make super fast releases for the end of the manga. I just discovered it a fews days ago, and I must said I read the 150 chapters in no time.
I'm really curious to see how it can end in so few chapters now, there seems to be so much other things Ban could learn.

Last edited:

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
There's a sequel to Bambino!, called Bambino! Secondo that is still ongoing.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Ah thanks for the info, do you enjoy it as much as you did for Bambino ?

Last edited:

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I honestly didn't even know that there existed a thread xD

Its a great read. Started a while ago, has a shounen flavour in it. So in 3 chapter the first part is going to end..I assume the second part is about the new store and its adventure?

Normally I have no trouble finding informations on a manga series. I guess this one is just not popular enough,. Too bad though. But I guess if I would search better I could find something xD

btw great work from Anonymous Spore. I thank them for their fast great releases.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
For finding a thread, I use the Manga search tool at the top of the website. The tab subject generally links to the thread directly. If there is no tab subject you can still search the manga in the database, if a thread exists, there is a link in the discuss column
Anonymous spore does indeed a great job, I hope she continues with the sequel (now that I know there is one :-) and since i doubt it will be ever licenced now, even in French.

Edit : Sadly it seems she won't do it (T-T)

Last edited:

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I already searched for a thread, but couldn't find one. Even though there were some search results. I guess I must have either accidentally skipped the thread or made typing error xD. But I didn't tried the datebase. thx 4 tip :P

Anyway quite unexpected turn of events. I knew there would be some sort of event involving around Yasu and Asuka, worst case a accident -> coma. But this was not within my expectations. One chapter to go, tomorrow will be the final release.

Ikari

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
AnonSpore is not going to do Bambino! Secondo unless someone volunteers to edit, etc. fix up the raws, I asked in the comments, it also says something similar in the FAQ, AnonSpore is just one person.

P.S: Guys, please don't spoil the ending for others :P

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Ye' i read the comments as well. too bad actually. I don't think any other group is going to scanlate the series, at least for a while.

I must say Im pretty impressed by Ano.Spor, I didn't know "the group" was just one person until today.

Last edited:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
@Blackhair
I'm a bit disappointed with this death, it looks like it was made only so that Ban and Asuka can be a couple in Bambino II. Also it is done with an horrible fast pace which feels like the manga was ended in a rush, which is surprising since there is a sequel.

Well it's complete without being complete so it's a bit frustating. Still it was a nice read, so I would recommend it but you have to be warned that it does not end properly.
Barbapapa I guess it is too mainstream for Mangascreener :-)

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

And I forgot, if you like food manga The Solitary Gourmand from Taniguchi is really nice and it's a single volume so it's a quick read.

Last edited:

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Mangascreener doesn't exactly have the staff to support a manga like Bambino, nor do we ever consider picking up something that's been done by others before.

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I'm a bit disappointed with this death, it looks like it was made only so that Ban and Asuka can be a couple in Bambino II. Also it is done with an horrible fast paste which feels like the manga was ended in a rush, which is surprising since there is a sequel.
I agree with u. Furthermore imho without any ill intent, I think the author captured the sadness very badly. I mean normally I would feel for the families/friends involved, but this time it rly felt rushed. Especially the scene as they looked at his body was really weak.

And I forgot, if you like food manga The Solitary Gourmand from Taniguchi is really nice and it's a single volume so it's a quick read.
Not like Im into cooking manga, but I like from time to time reading this slice-of-life manga. I highly dislike those nosebleed pantsu ecchi manga or high school theme and any cheesy kid as main protagonist. xD Anything more mature is always welcome. I will put ur recommendation on my "to read" list. thx

I just started to reread Hunter x Hunter.

NarutoNamikaze

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
So, i read the whole series in a few days and i have to say, i quite liked it although i don´t particularly like cooking media. There are a few things though that were not really necessary in my view:

1.) The mafia competition was way out of line for this type of manga. One moment Bambi thinks about what type of ingredients to use, next moment he cooks for his life, didn´t quite sit right with me.

2.) The beating Bambi had to take by Katori. I know from a few people that the life in the kitchen really is hard, maybe even as hard as depicted in the manga but someone who throws around his fists because he doesn´t like someone or disagrees with someone´s work ethic would have been layed off ages ago, so that part bugged me a little.

3.) Hayama´s death was really not necassary, even if the author wants to develop a romance plot between Bambi and Asuka in part 2. It was really the worst way to end the manga, like someone said before, the ending was really rushed. With the introduction of Hayama´s family right before his death it was hard to feel any empathy, and frankly speaking, Asuka´s reaction to the death and her quick recovery didn´t suit well with me, either.

All in all though i really enjoyed, would be happy if someone translates the second part.

Last edited:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Good news ! First chapter of the sequel was translated.

ish3

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been waiting for a year it's about time. :)

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I forgot all about this series! (a little bit ironic seeing as how I apparently started this thread) I definitely was enjoying what I read of the first series. I'm going to jump back in and hope that it continues to be entertaining throughout the first and second series!