Seinen - Afro Samurai by Takashi Okazaki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Afro Samurai by Takashi Okazaki

teskogawa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I don't have a tv license, let alone Spike TV where Afro Samurai is currently (?) aired. But somehow, fate has lead me to find the animation fallen into my leeching box. :blink 'Nuff useless intro!

One particular voice actor is the reason why I find this american/japan-english-voiced animation series as an interesting series, it's none other than Mr. Samuel L. Jackson as one of the main voice cast. The long list of other cast is unknown by me, coz they're not consist of japanese voice actors at all. Tho' the animation was adapted from Afro Samurai (manga) by Takashi Ozaki.

The series is dark, body slashing-head chopping-blood splatteringly gorey, violent, and surreal (in a good way). The first episode enthralled me so much, I'm craving for more. Thus, I post the topic here.

How do you think of the animation? How the ending would be? How many episodes are there? Will it be another hit? Okay, let's discuss! (^o^)/

(end of another bad first post)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Afro Samurai, everyone?!

Hmm... i think i wrote something like this a while back. I'll post a summary of my article for Afro Samurai. :D
@teskogawa: i got pictures :D

qwan3356

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

i read somewhere that it is only going to have a really limited number of episodes, i don't remember where i read it thou. but when i watched it, they ol guy that is wit the samurai had me laughing

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Like to remind you guys that this section is pretty much for seinen manga. Most of MH is purely about the manga side of things, though there is a General Anime section with an Afro Samurai thread already there.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13079.msg304103;boardseen#new

If you guys do happen to be able to find Afro Samurai the manga (which there was one, but it's pretty rare), I'd love to hear about it.

teskogawa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

zindryr said:
Like to remind you guys that this section is pretty much for seinen manga. Most of MH is purely about the manga side of things, though there is a General Anime section with an Afro Samurai thread already there.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13079.msg304103;boardseen#new

If you guys do happen to be able to find Afro Samurai the manga (which there was one, but it's pretty rare), I'd love to hear about it.
Before creating this thread, I've searched thread about afro-samu. But it showed no result. That's why I placed a new thread. Well, I guess I'll continue the discussion in that thread.
thansk