Group - Group B Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Bluenote Stinger

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 50 86.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • God Serena

Votes: 55 94.8%
  • Makarov Dreyar

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Minerva Orland

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Orga Nanagear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion will end on: May 13th, 2016.Voting will end on: May 14th, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Group B

Name: Bluenote Stinger
Guild/Affiliation: Orochi’s Fin
Magic: Gravity Magic

Bluenote Stinger is a former member of the dark guild Grimoire Heart and currently an affiliate of Orochi’s Fin. Bluenote boasts immense magical power and strength, while also showing off great durability and his mastery of hand to hand combat, making him a tough opponent for even the likes of Gildarts Clive.

Name: Dimaria Yesta
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Age Seal, Age Scratch, Take Over: God Soul – Chronos

Dimaria Yesta is one of the Spriggan 12 from the Alvarez Empire who is often referred to as a “Goddess of War.” Dimaria is a skilled swordsman, and along with her Age Seal magic which includes spells like the powerful Age Scratch, Dimaria is the vessel for the God of Time, Chronus, who was revered by her ancestors from Mildian.

Name: Erza Scarlet
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Requip- The Knight

Erza Scarlet is an S-Class mage and a former Guild Master of Fairy Tail, where she is credited to being the strongest female mage in the guild. Her magic, The Knight, allows her to requip various armour and weapons which not only give her buffs, but can also give her resistances to different elemental attacks.

Name: Gajeel Redfox
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail (Former member of Phantom Lord)
Magic: Iron Dragon Slayer Magic, Iron Shadow Dragon Mode

Gajeel is a 1st Generation Dragon Slayer from the Fairy Tail Guild. Boasting Iron Dragon Slaying magic and the power Iron Shadow Dragon Mode, Gajeel is also a master of hand to hand combat and has also shown has impressive strength, endurance, speed, smell and hearing which make him a dangerous opponent to face.

Name: God Serena
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Cavern Dragon Slayer Magic, Purgatory Dragon Slayer Magic, Sea King Dragon Slayer Magic, Gale Dragon Slayer Magic

God Serena is one of the Spriggan 12 in the Alvarez Empire, who was formerly one of the Ten Wizard Saints and one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Ishgar. God Serena is a unique 2nd Generation Dragon Slayer as he has eight Dragon Lacrimas, which allow him to use eight kinds of Dragon Slayer magic.

Name: Makarov Dreyar
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail, Ten Wizard Saints
Magic: Giant, Maximum Defense Seal: Three Pillar Gods, Light Magic, Fairy Law

Makarov Dreyar is the Guild Master of Fairy Tail and one of the Ten Wizard Saints. He wields magic such as Giant and Light Magic which he uses very effectively, and also has shown he knows one of the three great Fairy magics, making him a tough opponent for anyone to face.

Name: Minerva Orland
Guild/Affiliation: Sabertooth
Magic: Territory, Yagdo Rigora

Minerva Orland is a mage from the Sabertooth Guild, where she is credited as the strongest member. Not only boasting powerful magic, Minerva is also exceptionally strong and dexterous as well as an expert of hand to hand combat.

Name: Orga Nanagear
Guild/Affiliation: Sabertooth
Magic: Lightning God Slayer Magic

Orga Nanagear is a mage from the Sabertooth Guild. Wielding Lightning God Slaying Magic, Orga is credited as being the strongest member in Sabertooth in terms of raw magic power.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My votes in order:

1). Di Maria

Up to now, I'd rank Di Maria as the strongest Spriggan we've seen so far. She could easily destroy most of her opponents once she uses her lazer beams. She takes the top spot in this battle royale without a doubt. No one is faster than time and no one is stronger than a god.

2). God Serena
God Serena is the most powerful Dragon Slayer imo, thanks to his eight types of Dragon Slayer Magic. His spells are pretty high in AoE plus he can use multiple elements. In other words, his magic is super effective against most of his opponents.

3). Gajeel
Gajeel would have an advantage in a battle royale thanks to his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. He could easily hide himself throughout the fight and defeat his opponents. He also has the highest defense in this battle thanks to his iron/steel body.

4). Minerva
Just like Gajeel, Minerva has an advantage in a battle royal thanks to Territory and War God Magic. She could teleport herself to avoid others, or she could hide herself. Yagdo Rigora is after Fairy Law the highest AoE spell in this fight, but Fairy Law takes longer to cast. If this wasn't a battle royale, she would have a lower chance to win.

These are my votes. As for the rest of the opponents, I'd rank them as follow:

5). Erza
6). Makarov
7). Orga
8). Bluenote

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This group is pretty interesting because there are a few match-ups which could be interesting, namely Orga vs Dimaria for one could be a critical part to the match depending on whether Orga can get some or a lot of damage off on Dimaria thanks to slayer advantage. While Orga would eventually lose out, he could also prove to have an advantage over God Serena if he had Lightning Dragon Slaying magic due to being able to eat it. There are some other interesting things to consider, like Makarov maybe pulling out Fairy Law etc., but anyway, this is how I see it ending up:

First mage through would be God Serena. From what we've seen of the Spriggans so far, I'd say he's the strongest going off what he's shown with his feats, and with a variety of elemental Dragon Slayer magic at his disposal, he should be able to have an upper hand against most of the mages here.

Second mage I'd put through here would be Erza Scarlet. Erza's got a variety of armour to turn to to give her different advantages in the battle, and with the Nakagami Armour she'd be able to tear through a few people, so she would have to go in imo.

Third mage I'd send through would be Gajeel Redfox. The big thing going for Gajeel is his Iron-Shadow Dragon Mode, which would allow him to avoid being hit by most attacks as well as deal out some major damage.

Last mage I'd send through would be Dimaria Yesta. Given Dimaria has her God Soul Takeover, I'd say thats got enough power in it to put her through to the next round. Without relying on that, Dimaria is a decent swordswoman, but really its only the Chronos takeover that sees her through imo.

As for the rest, I'd put Minerva and Bluenote around about 5th, and then we have Makarov in 7th and Orga in 8th.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
God Serena is a no brainer.

After that it becomes quite even.

I'm giving it to Erza second. She's got great endurance, and offence to defeat Spriggan's as tough as Ajeel.

I'd probably have to go with DiMaria third. Even though her Age Seal is not applicable and her offence isn't exactly impressive, she still has reasonably good durability, speed and strength.

After that there are 3 wizards I am keen on - Makarov, Bluenote and Gajeel. Bluenote is not fodder, he's got durability/CQC/strength feats that are relevant enough this arc. Getting oneshot by a base roar is only to portray Natsu's strength. I won't vote for Bluenote though, but I did consider him. Makarov I would might give the nod to but his health issues really don't inspire. So, I'm going with Gajeel. He's probably improved a lot, not as much as Natsu, but probs as much as Gray/Erza. So he'd be pretty strong.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Frankly, I find it difficult to choose 4 of them, because these characters are quite strong individually. I have to choose Dimaria Yesta, Erza Scarlet, Gajeel Redfox, and God Serena. Even though Dimaria's Age Seal is restricted here, to be capable of casting such spell/magic, which is time stopping and assuming it has no limits because the manga itself didn't explain it, is a pretty good feat. Also, another feat from my choices is Serena soloing 3 GoI plus Jura.

Hawkgye

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
First choice goes to the most powerful wizard on the list god Serena seriously this guy just took down 4 best wizard saints like they were no one and second my bet is on Erza since she has thousands of requips and we've seen only few of them there will b powerful armor enough to handle a god soul power up and her resolve is just too great to be beaten by dimaria and others except god serena because he is just of a different caliber and Thirdly my choice is gajeel since he has not used his dragon force and yet he is much powerful like he beat torfuzar and by iron shadow dragon mode he posts a great competition to dimaria if he uses dragon force just think what he could do and so gajeel comes third in my list and if dimaria could only use god soul takeover she comes fourth in my list..and makarov would be fifth due to fairy law magic and followed up by minerva ,bluenote and Orga

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
First choice goes to the most powerful wizard on the list god Serena seriously this guy just took down 4 best wizard saints like they were no one and second my bet is on Erza since she has thousands of requips and we've seen only few of them there will b powerful armor enough to handle a god soul power up and her resolve is just too great to be beaten by dimaria and others except god serena because he is just of a different caliber and Thirdly my choice is gajeel since he has not used his dragon force and yet he is much powerful like he beat torfuzar and by iron shadow dragon mode he posts a great competition to dimaria if he uses dragon force just think what he could do and so gajeel comes third in my list and if dimaria could only use god soul takeover she comes fourth in my list..and makarov would be fifth due to fairy law magic and followed up by minerva ,bluenote and Orga
Well Gajeel has never shown Dragon Force so by the rules of this tournament, he doesn't have access to it. Dimaria on the other hand has shown god soul takeover so she can use it.

Anyway, my choices are God Serena (no brainer), Erza, Dimaria and Makarov. I would've had Gajeel in there if we'd see DF from him but I don't see ISDS mode being sufficient for him to get in the place of any of the other 4. Makarov also has access to freaking fairy law. He gets in just on that alone. We also saw Makarov send Jacob flying and then toss Natsu for miles. Something neither Jacob or Natsu could do to the other (until Natsu used FDKM). Makarov is clearly still a force to be reckoned with, especially when he doesn't have a restriction on FL. Even if we were to assume it's not powerful enough to give instant KO to some of the combatants, it's surely strong enough to do some crazy damage.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
For Group B Battle Royale, the order in which I think the 4 characters that will advance to the next round are...

God Serena
  • Former God of Ishgar (Wizard Saint Rank #1)
  • Spriggan 12 Member (High-Tier Spriggan)
  • Hype (Strongest Mage in Ishgar)
  • Undefeated (Never Seen Losing a Fight except against Acnologia)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Versatility, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • 8 Types of Dragon Slayer Magic (Powerful Spells)
Dimaria
  • Spriggan 12 Member (Mid-Tier Spriggan)
  • Defeated DF Wendy and Carla (Won Half of her Fight)
  • Hype (Overwhelmed Kagura)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Takeover Magic like Chronos' God Soul (Powerful Spells)
Erza Scarlet [Tied]
  • Former Fairy Tail's Guild Master (7th Guild Master)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Versatility, Endurance, Stamina, Intelligence, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Requip Magic with Variety of Armors/Weapons (Powerful Spells)
  • Faced Ajeel (Spriggan Tier)
Gajeel Redfox [Tied]
  • Former Member of Magic Council (Head of the Custody Enforcement Unit)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Iron Dragon Slayer Magic with Iron-Shadow Transformation (Powerful Spells)
  • Hype (No Current Battle Feats)

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Gajeel, Erza, Dimaria and Serena.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
For Group B Battle Royale, the order in which I think the 4 characters that will advance to the next round are...

God Serena
  • Former God of Ishgar (Wizard Saint Rank #1)
  • Spriggan 12 Member (High-Tier Spriggan)
  • Hype (Strongest Mage in Ishgar)
  • Undefeated (Never Seen Losing a Fight except against Acnologia)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Versatility, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • 8 Types of Dragon Slayer Magic (Powerful Spells)
Dimaria
  • Spriggan 12 Member (Mid-Tier Spriggan)
  • Defeated DF Wendy and Carla (Won Half of her Fight)
  • Hype (Overwhelmed Kagura)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Takeover Magic like Chronos' God Soul (Powerful Spells)
Erza Scarlet [Tied]
  • Former Fairy Tail's Guild Master (7th Guild Master)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Versatility, Endurance, Stamina, Intelligence, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Requip Magic with Variety of Armors/Weapons (Powerful Spells)
  • Faced Ajeel (Spriggan Tier)
Gajeel Redfox [Tied]
  • Former Member of Magic Council (Head of the Custody Enforcement Unit)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Iron Dragon Slayer Magic with Iron-Shadow Transformation (Powerful Spells)
  • Hype (No Current Battle Feats)
Di Maria a mid-tier Spriggan? How about her lazers? And Age Scratch? Those spells could do more direct damage than God Serena's spells imo.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Di Maria a mid-tier Spriggan? How about her lazers? And Age Scratch? Those spells could do more direct damage than God Serena's spells imo.
Well, going by the restrictions/limitations on Dimaria in the Tournament Rules and Info Thread, I have to put Dimaria as Mid-Tier without Age Seal. I agree her lasers are strong but they aren't really a match to God Serena's spells, in my opinion. You can call me overhyping God Serena like many others, but I place God Serena as the strongest Spriggan besides August and Irene.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, going by the restrictions/limitations on Dimaria in the Tournament Rules and Info Thread, I have to put Dimaria as Mid-Tier without Age Scratch. I agree her lasers are strong but they aren't really a match to God Serena's spells, in my opinion. You can call me overhyping God Serena like many others, but I place God Serena as the strongest Spriggan besides August and Irene.
She may use Age Scratch, she just can't stop time (which I understand, otherwise she'll easy diff this tournament).

I don't think God Serena could defeat an opponent as fast as Di Maria. Di Maria could easily fire dozens of lazer beams at her opponents so they'll be defeated before they know. She could do the same against God Serena.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
She may use Age Scratch, she just can't stop time (which I understand, otherwise she'll easy diff this tournament).

I don't think God Serena could defeat an opponent as fast as Di Maria. Di Maria could easily fire dozens of lazer beams at her opponents so they'll be defeated before they know. She could do the same against God Serena.
Oh yeah, my bad. I meant she can't use Age Seal. I will fix that. Anyways, that is the only way I can see her being close to High-Tier. I agree that Age Scratch is strong but it's not the type that would incapacitate your opponent which is how you would defeat them in this tournament. As much as DF Wendy is somewhat strong, the laser beam was the one that did the most damage to her in the end.

The laser beam immobilized her but even after Age Scratch, Wendy was still able to retaliate.

As for Dimaria's speed, I don't think that will play a major factor in defeating God Serena. Someone like Wolfheim is probably comparable to Dimaria in speed and worth noting in speed, but even he couldn't stand a chance against God Serena. His AoE would eventually catch Dimaria regardless.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
1st Place: G. Serena

2nd Place: Minerva Orland

3rd Place: Dimaria "Chronos" Yesta

4th Place: Makarov Dreyar

5th Place: Erza Scarlet

6th Place: Gajeel Redfox

7th Place: Orga Nanagear

8th Place: Bluenote Stinger (fodderized)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, serena, dimaria and erza are a given here. For the last spot i am undecided between gajeel and makarov. If gajeel has more or less kept up with base natsu and has access to dragon force then i would go for him. Less than that and i have to go for makarov.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Lol if there is anyone in this battle who has luck it's Minerva. Her Territory will give her a major advantage in a battle royale.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
My top:
Serena. Strongest in this battle.
Dimaria. Strong enough, Age Scratch.
Minerva. Teleport, God magic.
Bluenote. Gravitation, strong.

Bluenote cast his gravity, Orga and Erza will be killed by other mages.
Dimaria cast Age Scratch on Gajeel, she or other mages kill him.
While Bluenote block most attack spell, someone kill Makarov.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I will put like this:-
i)God Serena definetly the strongest here.His spells are stronger than any others.
ii)Dimaria is a Spriggan.With her age scratch and Lasers she is definetly a formidable opponent.Though her Lasers are not as destructive and violent as spells of God Serena's.
iii)Makarov is still stronger based on feats.
iv)Gajeel based on ISD is still a potent opponent.
Then all are
Bluenote(casually destroyed a hill a city level feat)
Erza
Minerva

Status
Not open for further replies.