Group - Group B Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B Battle Royale

Group B: Pick your top 4!

• Aldoron (God Seed Aldoron)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Mercphobia (Human Form)

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Misaki

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Serena

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Zeref Dragneel

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: July 31st

Character List, Info and Limitations:
Aldoron (God Seed Aldoron)In God Seed Aldoron form. Has abilities of all God Seeds
Mercphobia (Human Form)In human form. Has his dragon form abilities
Mirajane Strauss
Misaki
Natsu DragneelCannot use power from outside source like Ignia's or Igneel's
Serena
Wendy MarvellHas Irene's soul
Zeref DragneelImmortality is invalid

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
When Natsu defeated the weakened God Seed Aldoron, did he use outside source power even though he didnt consume anything during the fight? He literally somehow produced and combined the fires without eating or consuming them for a power up during that specific fight. Are you looking at this Natsu which fought Aldo-chan. Or a Natsu that does not use any of his new fires, pre Merc Natsu?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
i think it was purely his power.

in this natsu cant use igneel's power (he used against zeref) and ignia's power (he used against raging merc)

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Irene teaches Wendy how to eat attacks from Natsu Aldoron and Mercuphobia and enchants herself with their powers.
She then proceeds to raze the whole battlefield.

More seriously, God seed aldoron with all the seeds power, and Mercuphobia are a cut above the rest. Natsu is an obvious pick with his DF.
Dunno about who ranks 4
I do see Wendy pulling some Irene enchantment BS to barely survive somehow.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Merc is an odd one to rank since we never saw him at his full power in human form. He was at his weakest in the manga. If he had his full power he would be as strong as any other DG in human form, human Selene and Ignia + God Seed Aldoron at max, no.
So by that logic Aldo-chan and Merc are a given. As would be Natsu, and Zeref. Wendy is honestly a close contender with her broken ass magic lol

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Can the Dragneel brothers use DF and FH?

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
With Merc's condition, is his Human Form as powerful as he was in his Dragon Form? If so, he's a definite choice here.

I'll have to go with Natsu, Zeref, and the DGs with God Serena as a very close runner up, but, Natsu's Dragon Force easily puts him above GS.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Can the Dragneel brothers use DF and FH?
natsu's df, is all depending on how people view it, but for sure it's not banned cuz it's his own power, not outside source. fairy heart is banned.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

With Merc's condition, is his Human Form as powerful as he was in his Dragon Form? If so, he's a definite choice here.
yes. he has his dragon from abilities (cuz we never saw his human form in action)

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
1) Aldoron

2) Mercphobia

3) Natsu

4) Zeref

5) Misaki

6) God Serena

7) Mirajane

8) Wendy

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
This group is pretty easy.

Top 3 are so far above the rest, that it's not even funny.
Aldo seed (all seeds intact) > Merc (nerfed) ~ DF Natsu >>>> the rest

Zeref should take it handily versus Misaki, even without immortality.
Zeref has portrayal much above August/Eileen, which means his MP is enough to timestop and destroy Misaki.

Even while restricting timestop. We also know that teleknesis is a decent way to regain mobility in Misaki's realm. Plus, Zeref has plenty of AOE attacks, including all three great fairy magics (law, glitter, sphere).

So, my choices:
1. Aldo seed (all seeds intact)
2/3. human Merc (nerfed)
3/2. Natsu (dragon force)
4. Zeref
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'll have to go with Natsu, Zeref, and the DGs with God Serena as a very close runner up, but, Natsu's Dragon Force easily puts him above GS.
We have to remember that WW can control how much of Merc's power that he can use himself.

The Merc who got stomped by Kyria was probably having only like 1% of his powers.

Merc who went berserk, was when WW mind controlled him and gave him whatever was left of his powers (which is now confirmed to be <50% of his full power)

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Merc who went berserk, was when WW mind controlled him and gave him whatever was left of his powers (which is now confirmed to be <50% of his full power)
The thing here is, where would we scale that Merc? Would he be as powerful as a full powered Human Form DG, would he be below? Above? Whatever the case, he is definitely in a comfortable position here.

I do have a hard time seeing him at Human Ignia and Selene level considering the beat down that Natsu gave him when he ate Ignia's fire, unless eating Ignia's fire boosted him above a full powered Human DG.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
The thing here is, where would we scale that Merc? Would he be as powerful as a full powered Human Form DG, would he be below? Above? Whatever the case, he is definitely in a comfortable position here.

I do have a hard time seeing him at Human Ignia and Selene level considering the beat down that Natsu gave him when he ate Ignia's fire, unless eating Ignia's fire boosted him above a full powered Human DG.
Let's say Merc was at 30% his full power, for the sake of argument (this is my headcanon number which makes sense for me since he says he lost most of his power, most implies a cut above just 50%).

I think nerfed human Merc's stats would scale to 30% human Acno based on this, give or take.
Yeah, he is definitely not close to human Ignia or Selene, cause they are at their full power.

I think Mashima simply screwed up with dragon Merc's defeat.
Cause even nerfed dragon Merc should be >>> any human DG, full power or not (considering the abyss between dragon Selene and human Selene).
DF Natsu (w/o external boost) scales only somewhat above a nerfed human DG, the Aldo seed. DF Natsu getting just a fraction of Ignia's power, mid diffing dragon Merc makes no sense to me at all. IDK what to make of it

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Let's say Merc was at 30% his full power, for the sake of argument (this is my headcanon number which makes sense for me since he says he lost most of his power, most implies a cut above just 50%).
I agree with this, I don't see Ignia powered Natsu doing much to a full powered Human Dragon God much less beating them like he did Merc. Putting him at around 30% of his full power makes sense.

I think Mashima simply screwed up with dragon Merc's defeat.
Cause even nerfed dragon Merc should be >>> any human DG, full power or not (considering the abyss between dragon Selene and human Selene).
DF Natsu (w/o external boost) scales only somewhat above a nerfed human DG, the Aldo seed. DF Natsu getting just a fraction of Ignia's power, mid diffing dragon Merc makes no sense to me at all. IDK what to make of it
He absolutely dropped the ball on that one, nerfed Dragon Merc should at the very least least be Human DG level which I don't see Ignia powered Natsu beating. Mashima probably didn't consider the full scale power of a DG at that point or how big of a boost Natsu should have gotten. Personally, I think Ignia should have dealt with Merc by KOing or even killing him (killing Merc would add more fuel to Natsu wanting to take Ignia out), it makes more sense than Ignia powered Natsu beating a berserking Dragon God in their Dragon Form.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Mercphobia, even nerfed, if he has access to his Dragon Form.

Aldoron God Seed at 100% was too strong and too fast for Natsu. I think,this Aldoron was above Natsu's causal Dragon Force (no Igneel or Atlas Flames amp).

Natsu in causal Dragon Force.

Misaki inside her dimension, is a very dangerous rival.

For Zeleph, if you remove Ankseram's curse (immortality and death wave) and even Fairy Heart, was nothing more than average Spriggan's level when you see the fight with Natsu. Even Serena and Invel were highly more impressive in Magic and in their ways to fight. I see Zeleph more as a scientist, erudit or genious as a creator, rather than a warrior. Sure he has many magic cast like timestop (but we never saw him using it in a battle even to protect him against a spell who was about to freeze him for thousand of years) and as he is as stupid as Laxus, he will never cast Law in battle as well. What a pity.... So much hype for just see him rivaling Base Natsu in a brawl...

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Isnt only Zeref's immortality prohibited. He should have death magic at his disposal.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
yes only immortality cuz it's cheating 💀

fairy heart is banned too

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
yes only immortality cuz it's cheating 💀

fairy heart is banned too
Ok, thanks. I was thinking that all Ankseram's curse was removed : Death Wave is part of it, just like his immortality.
Is Death Wave under control as a classic lethal spell ? If he can control it at will, I will change my vote.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Ok, thanks. I was thinking that all Ankseram's curse was removed : Death Wave is part of it, just like his immortality.
Is Death Wave under control as a classic lethal spell ? If he can control it at will, I will change my vote.
Zeref cannot control the death curse in the main series, by design. So I assume not

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Zeref cannot control the death curse in the main series, by design. So I assume not
Well, I was about to answer like you did. Still it doesn't change anything because his lethal energy is analogy with the love or compassion he has for people.
Here, he will take all as objects in front of him (except Natsu who is still under protection of his scarf), people he has to kill without hesitation. In that so, Death Wave is useless here.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Once he forgets the value of life he can control it i think.
He killed Hades with it. And he used death orbs against Natsu and Ultear (not sure if they are really death magic, but they sure look like it since they basically erase whatever they touch).