Group - Group B | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B

Group B: Pick your top 4!

• Freed Justine

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Jacob Lessio

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • Kiria

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Mimi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 25 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I have a question. Where did the power he lost go? Vanished to air :yodawg . Here he refers to the white wizard has a he then turns out to be faris is a she
The bigger question is why did he permanently turn into a human upon losing his magic power...shouldn't he return to being a dragon?? :huh:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
The bigger question is why did he permanently turn into a human upon losing his magic power...shouldn't he return to being a dragon?? :huh:
The absolute state of Mashima's brain LMFAOO

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I doubt about attack potency, since he is massively nerfed. Physically yeah, magically no
He's still a dragon so AP yes. His one stomp is stronger than any attack Human Selene has shown so far.

And defense (not durability, i.e HP vs Armour thing). Nerfed dragon Aldo can take more damage due to his sheer size. But it would be harder to cut Selene than Aldo, because Aldo was nerfed.
Being nerfed doesn't change his durability. He's still a giant wood dragon so no, he'd be much harder to cut. The size difference is astronomical.

Point being, I consider the spell Suzaku used to have higher attack potency than what DF Natsu used against nerfed Aldo, even though Natsu's attack has way more AOE.
You're gonna need to show your calcs because otherwise, it isn't.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
He's still a dragon so AP yes. His one stomp is stronger than any attack Human Selene has shown so far.

Being nerfed doesn't change his durability. He's still a giant wood dragon so no, he'd be much harder to cut. The size difference is astronomical.

You're gonna need to show your calcs because otherwise, it isn't.
Like I said, physically yes, magically no. Selene would have higher spell power.

It would change durability. He would still have more durability because of size, but it would still change.
Do you agree that Aldoron with 0% magic power, would just be a huge mass of forest? While Aldoron with 100% MP would have increased thickness and HP? If yes, it demonstrates the point I'm making.
This is also demonstrated with Natsu and co in Edolas. Natsu basically turned into grunt soldier level (i.e normal human) in all physical stats with zero MP, because physical stats scale based on MP. The scaling factor itself may change from person to person (and dragon to dragon), but it does exist

Why would I need calcs for that? Because it has been demonstrated in the past that physical stats change with MP
Suzaku cut down human Selene with her maximum stats possible in human form (as far as we know).
DF Natsu blew up nerfed dragon Aldo as collateral in blowing up nerfed human Aldo. It could very well be possible that he only blew up the shell of Aldo's body, because human Aldo himself had already been done and reduced to a specter by that point. But even if it was the nerfed dragon Aldo prior to Aldo seed himself going down, that requires likely around only 15% of the effort required to take him down at full power.

Anyway, what do you think about Suzaku vs DF Natsu that fought Aldo? I mean, what difficulty?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Like I said, physically yes, magically no. Selene would have higher spell power.
Why?

It would change durability. He would still have more durability because of size, but it would still change.
Not drastically to the point where human Selene is better.

Do you agree that Aldoron with 0% magic power, would just be a huge mass of forest? While Aldoron with 100% MP would have increased thickness and HP? If yes, it demonstrates the point I'm making.
Not related to durability but sure.

This is also demonstrated with Natsu and co in Edolas. Natsu basically turned into grunt soldier level (i.e normal human) in all physical stats with zero MP, because physical stats scale based on MP. The scaling factor itself may change from person to person (and dragon to dragon), but it does exist
Ok but it's irrelevant here. A giant wood dragon without any MP is still a giant wood dragon. He didn't feel any of the battles happening when he was asleep.

Why would I need calcs for that? Because it has been demonstrated in the past that physical stats change with MP
No but Aldo still has better durability as to why you need that. His MP while nerfed >>> Suzaku's anyways because a nerfed dragon god is still stronger than any non-dragon god. Especially when they are full fledged dragons of that size.

DF Natsu blew up nerfed dragon Aldo as collateral in blowing up nerfed human Aldo.
No he didn't. The hole went right through his back.

Suzaku cut down human Selene with her maximum stats possible in human form (as far as we know).
A giant wood dragon > any human.

It could very well be possible that he only blew up the shell of Aldo's body, because human Aldo himself had already been done and reduced to a specter by that point. But even if it was the nerfed dragon Aldo prior to Aldo seed himself going down, that requires likely around only 15% of the effort required to take him down at full power.
Which is still above anything we've discussed.

Anyway, what do you think about Suzaku vs DF Natsu that fought Aldo? I mean, what difficulty?
Natsu easy win.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Because Aldo got massively nerfed in MP. Magical attacks are from MP

Not drastically to the point where human Selene is better.
Agreed, because of his sheer size. Just saying durability is linked to MP. Aldo's durability at the point where he went down to Natsu << peak durability, because his MP << peak.

Not related to durability but sure.
Ok but it's irrelevant here. A giant wood dragon without any MP is still a giant wood dragon. He didn't feel any of the battles happening when he was asleep.
It is. HP = durability.
Natsu with absolute 0 MP has the durability of a normal human. Maybe a bit higher because of how he's built, but not by much

A giant wood dragon with zero MP is basically a giant forest/monster. You can imagine it as a moving mass of forest, with no special thickness that the forest/mountains don't have
At zero MP his durability then becomes basically the durability of a huge forest mountain. Without any intrinsic durability or thickness of the dragon God Aldo.

Aldo while sleeping still had all his MP. He just couldn't use it and was sleeping.

No but Aldo still has better durability as to why you need that. His MP while nerfed >>> Suzaku's anyways because a nerfed dragon god is still stronger than any non-dragon god. Especially when they are full fledged dragons of that size.
Didn't Merc basically admit Selene's MP was higher than his nerfed self and well as nerfed Aldo's, after sensing her power up?

It maybe >> Suzaku's, but not >> human Selene's

No he didn't. The hole went right through his back.
The attack was aimed at human Aldo (Aldo seed). Dragon Aldo was just collateral. Yes the attack blew a hole on his back, but it was still collateral damage

A giant wood dragon > any human.
Depends on MP he has. If he has 0 MP, there are few humans with enough AOE who can take him down. DF Natsu for eg.

Which is still above anything we've discussed.
In AOE and total energy output? Yes.

In attack potency (energy density)? I don't think so

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Natsu, Kyria, Jellal and Mirajane are clearly the best here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Natsu is the strongest. Jellal is the most versatile.

Kyria is the most dangerous, specially against people who fight with their heart : she can cut Mirajane's strength through her connexion with her siblings (like cutting the memory of Lisanna's return and we know how weaker was Mirajane since her "death"), Jellal's strength with redemption's feelings and Erza's love, Natsu's connexion with his friends and Dragon's memory.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Because Aldo got massively nerfed in MP. Magical attacks are from MP
Show me these super strong spells of Selene then.

Agreed, because of his sheer size. Just saying durability is linked to MP. Aldo's durability at the point where he went down to Natsu << peak durability, because his MP << peak.
You're not getting my point. He's a giant wood dragon so by default, his durability is going to be astronomically above 99% of the verse.

It is. HP = durability.
Natsu with absolute 0 MP has the durability of a normal human. Maybe a bit higher because of how he's built, but not by much

A giant wood dragon with zero MP is basically a giant forest/monster. You can imagine it as a moving mass of forest, with no special thickness that the forest/mountains don't have
At zero MP his durability then becomes basically the durability of a huge forest mountain. Without any intrinsic durability or thickness of the dragon God Aldo.

Aldo while sleeping still had all his MP. He just couldn't use it and was sleeping.
You keep saying zero this and zero that which is irrelevant. With zero MP the person is dead.

And what? Aldoron is the size of a small country to the point where his toes legit dwarf actual mountains. It's a little more than what you say it is.

Didn't Merc basically admit Selene's MP was higher than his nerfed self and well as nerfed Aldo's, after sensing her power up?
No, he was just praising her extreme power.

It maybe >> Suzaku's, but not >> human Selene's
Suzaku is the one in question. And I don't see why it isn't >> Human Selene either.

The attack was aimed at human Aldo (Aldo seed). Dragon Aldo was just collateral. Yes the attack blew a hole on his back, but it was still collateral damage
No it wasn't. You can legit see Nastu's attack blow a hole right through him. The entire body was collateral but Natsu doesn't need to blow up the entire thing, that one attack is enough.

Depends on MP he has. If he has 0 MP, there are few humans with enough AOE who can take him down. DF Natsu for eg.
Again, if you have zero MP in Fairy Tail, you're dead.

In attack potency (energy density)? I don't think so
Ok so prove it? That's why I asked for your AP calcs.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Is Wendy allow to have spirt Irene on here? If yes she takes the 4th spot
this one 👇
Jellal, Kiria, Mira, Natsu. Not worried about Wendy. I see Irene in her only act as "knowledge" like Lucy's Crux. Wendy can be vulnerable while she listens to Irene's whispers. And the MP-separating of Irene's 1% power is not really useful either when Wendy has other 7 opponents. It was also one-time use.

So that leaves only her DS and enchantments.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The fact Wendy needs Irene is proof she doesn’t belong in the group.

Natsu
Jellal
Mira
Kiria

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
1. natsu
2. jellal
3. jacob
4. wendy

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Show me these super strong spells of Selene then.
Don't need to, to argue Selene has better spell power. Selene has 100% of her MP, which should be comparable to 100% of peak Aldo's MP
Aldo towards the end probably had like 15% of his MP left.
Even accounting for buff from dragon transformation, the nerf was far too much

You're not getting my point. He's a giant wood dragon so by default, his durability is going to be astronomically above 99% of the verse.
Sure. But his defence? Not so much, because the guy got nerfed to oblivion

Damage = energy density*volume - defence

He has more HP, but more volume and less defence, and hence takes more damage from attacks.

You keep saying zero this and zero that which is irrelevant. With zero MP the person is dead.

And what? Aldoron is the size of a small country to the point where his toes legit dwarf actual mountains. It's a little more than what you say it is.
With zero MP, the character turns into a "normal" version of themselves. In some cases, they get sick and die. In other cases, not really. Merc for eg.
Anyway, I bought up zero MP to demonstrate a point about stats being affected with magic power. With zero MP, Natsu gets reduced to a normal human soldier level.

With zero MP, Aldo dragon gets reduced to a large island sized mass, with none of the thickness or durability inherent to Aldo the God dragon.

Zero MP is kinda relevant here, because arguably Natsu blew through dragon Aldo at the point the final God seed got offed and reduced to a brief spectre. With no god seeds left, dragon Aldo has zero MP.

No, he was just praising her extreme power.
He was commenting about how she's above both his nerfed self and nerfed Aldo. That was clearly the implication there.

"She different from both of us since she's intact with her full powers, while we both weren't"
This is clearly a comment about her magic power being above the other two.

Suzaku is the one in question. And I don't see why it isn't >> Human Selene either.
It is relevant because we are comparing attack powers of Suzaku and DF Natsu. Because I'm arguing that Suzaku cutting down full power human Selene is more impressive than DF Natsu destroying a heavily nerfed Aldo

Ok so prove it? That's why I asked for your AP calcs.
I don't consider calcs to be the "be all" in fictions. My scaling here was purely based on scaling. Calcs is tedious and unreliable

But sure, I can offer a calc explanation.

We have to make some assumptions about stats here, since there isn't really any direct way to compare stats between Selene and Aldo. I suppose that's acceptable to you. If you heavily disagree with my numbers, let me know.

General formula of damage dealt
Damage dealt= (energy density - defence)*volume
Not completely accurate estimate, since defence has at least two distinct components - defence/(surface area), and average-defence/(volume of mass beneath surface). But for a rough estimate, this will do

I'll assume that dragon Aldo's HP got reduced to 15% his peak, during final battle with Natsu, because of:
- him waking up nerfed (which I assume to be 75% of his peak, I think that's reasonable)
- because of only 1 out of 5 God seeds being alive

The final attack DF Natsu used was multi city size in area. For the sake of argument, let's assume it to be 400km^2 in area and 20km in height, giving a volume of 8000km^3 in volume. I think it's a reasonable estimate, if you disagree let me know.
Volume hence becomes 8*10^12 m^3

The total damage dealt (TDD1) by DF Natsu's final attack = ( 15% durability of human Aldo) + x*(100% inherent durability of dragon Aldo) + damage needed to destroy normal land mass of the particular volume
Where x belongs to [0 ,0.15)

The variation of x is due to us not knowing how much of MP was left in dragon Aldo, when Natsu busted his body. This event happened after the event of the final attack landing on Aldo seed.
There is a reasonable chance that Aldo seed was completed off'd and reduced to a specter, before the Aldo dragon's body itself got destroyed by DF Natsu. Since it's logial to argue that if God seed Aldo didn't go down rom the attack, neither would have dragon Aldo.
In which case x becomes zero and Natsu basically busted just a huge mass of land.

Therefore, energy density of DF Natsu's final attack:
Energy_Density_DFNatsu = TDD1/Volume1 - defence_Aldo

Where:
Volume1 ~ 8*10^12 m^3

Now moving onto Suzaku vs human Selene:

Volume of human Selene = 0.07m^3

The actual volume of impact of Suzaku's slashes is much lesser, he cut multiple times on her upper body. Meaning, total volume < 0.035m^3.
Lets consider 0.03m^3

Total damage dealt (TDD2) by Suzaku's final attack = 100% of inherent durability of human Selene + damage needed to destroy normal human body = 100% inherent durability of human Selene

Therefore, energy density of Suzaku's attack:
Energy_Density_Suzaku = TDD2/Volume2 - defence_Selene

Where, Volume2 = 0.3m^3

For energy density of Suzaku's attack to be greater than energy density of DF Natsu

TDD1/Volume1 - defence_Aldo <= TDD2/Volume2 - defence_Selene

defence_Selene (per volume) is > defence_Aldo (per volume), since Selene is at 100%, while Aldo was massively nerfed.

Therefore:
TDD1/Volume1 <= TDD2/Volume2 - (defence_Selene - defence_Aldo) < TDD2/Volume2

TDD1/Volume1 < TDD2/Volume2

=>
TDD2 > TDD1 * Volume1/Volume2 = TDD1 * 0.03/(8 * 10^12)

=>
100% Selene's dura > TDD1 * (3.7 * 10^-15)
Where TDD1 > 15% of dura of dragon Aldo, as proven earlier

Unless you believe that 100% human Selene's durability is < 10^-15 times 15% durability of dragon Aldo, Suzaku definitely had a higher energy density,
And this is me being generous, and giving the 15%, which likely wasn't the case as I explained above

While Natsu likely had a significantly higher total energy output, the attack potency (energy density) of Suzaku's attack was far higher than that of DF Natsu

Last edited:

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Don't need to, to argue Selene has better spell power. Selene has 100% of her MP, which should be comparable to 100% of peak Aldo's MP

He has more HP, but more volume and less defence, and hence takes more damage from attacks.

With zero MP, the character turns into a "normal" version of themselves. In some cases, they get sick and die. In other cases, not really. Merc for eg.
Anyway, I bought up zero MP to demonstrate a point about stats being affected with magic power. With zero MP, Natsu gets reduced to a normal human soldier level.

With zero MP, Aldo dragon gets reduced to a large island sized mass, with none of the thickness or durability inherent to Aldo the God dragon.

Zero MP is kinda relevant here, because arguably Natsu blew through dragon Aldo at the point the final God seed got offed and reduced to a brief spectre. With no god seeds left, dragon Aldo has zero MP.

He was commenting about how she's above both his nerfed self and nerfed Aldo. That was clearly the implication there.

"She different from both of us since she's intact with her full powers, while we both weren't"

It is relevant because we are comparing attack powers of Suzaku and DF Natsu. Because I'm arguing that Suzaku cutting down full power human Selene is more impressive than DF Natsu destroying a heavily nerfed Aldo

I don't consider calcs to be the "be all" in fictions. My scaling here was purely based on scaling. Calcs is tedious and unreliable

We have to make some assumptions about stats here, since there isn't really any direct way to compare stats between Selene and Aldo. I suppose that's acceptable to you. If you heavily disagree with my numbers, let me know.

Not completely accurate estimate, since defence has at least two distinct components - defence/(surface area), and average-defence/(volume of mass beneath surface). But for a rough estimate, this will do

I'll assume that dragon Aldo's HP got reduced to 15% his peak, during final battle with Natsu, because of:
- him waking up nerfed (which I assume to be 75% of his peak, I think that's reasonable)

The final attack DF Natsu used was multi city size in area. For the sake of argument, let's assume it to be 400km^2 in area and 20km in height, giving a volume of 8000km^3 in volume. I think it's a reasonable estimate, if you disagree let me know.

The total damage dealt (TDD1) by DF Natsu's final attack = ( 15% durability of human Aldo) + x*(100% inherent durability of dragon Aldo) + damage needed to destroy normal land mass of the particular volume

The variation of x is due to us not knowing how much of MP was left in dragon Aldo, when Natsu busted his body. This event happened after the event of the final attack landing on Aldo seed.
There is a reasonable chance that Aldo seed was completed off'd and reduced to a specter, before the Aldo dragon's body itself got destroyed by DF Natsu. Since it's logial to argue that if God seed Aldo didn't go down rom the attack, neither would have dragon Aldo.
In which case x becomes zero and Natsu basically busted just a huge mass of land.

Where:
Volume1 ~ 8*10^12 m^3

The actual volume of impact of Suzaku's slashes is much lesser, he cut multiple times on her upper body. Meaning, total volume < 0.035m^3.
Lets consider 0.03m^3

Total damage dealt (TDD2) by Suzaku's final attack = 100% of inherent durability of human Selene + damage needed to destroy normal human body = 100% inherent durability of human Selene

Where, Volume2 = 0.3m^3

For energy density of Suzaku's attack to be greater than energy density of DF Natsu

defence_Selene (per volume) is > defence_Aldo (per volume), since Selene is at 100%, while Aldo was massively nerfed.

Therefore:

=>

=>

Unless you believe that 100% human Selene's durability is < 10^-15 times 15% durability of dragon Aldo, Suzaku definitely had a higher energy density,
And this is me being generous, and giving the 15%, which likely wasn't the case as I explained above

While Natsu likely had a significantly higher total energy output, the attack potency (energy density) of Suzaku's attack was far higher than that of DF Natsu
Hmm, let's see, for starters, I think u and ramen or on complete different points in this debate

1- U assumed selene has huge durability and defense by itself because she has huge MP. Doesn't really have to be the case because August had huge mp and defense (tht is attk) , but durability was very low, same goes for zeref and pretty others, whereas in case of erza, she don't have tht huge mp comparatively , but her defense is solid and her durability even more.

2-They r dragon gods and equals doesn't mean inherently, HP =100, Attk=100,defense =100 for all. For all i care, Ignia could be 110 in atk, 50 in def and 70 in durability . Basically all r unique.
And , Selene could just be huge mass of Magic power and better attk but rather very low defense or durability

3- The one thing here ramen is talking abt is even with less mp and less defense/0 defense , it is still a huge landmass, so blasting hole through it is in & by itself a feat.

4- The arguments for suzaku to get past selene is heavily based on Huge MP = Huge defense + Huge durability, which essentially is more assumed, because like i said, selene could be good at attacking but not tht huge on defense or durability.

Basically, what i think is ramen is indicating tht Aldoron feat has solid base to it whereas suzaku's is mostly based on assumed stats.

So, to compare them based on selene feat won't give any solid base to establish the arguments.

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Hmm, let's see, for starters, I think u and ramen or on complete different points in this debate

1- U assumed selene has huge durability and defense by itself because she has huge MP. Doesn't really have to be the case because August had huge mp and defense (tht is attk) , but durability was very low, same goes for zeref and pretty others, whereas in case of erza, she don't have tht huge mp comparatively , but her defense is solid and her durability even more.

2-They r dragon gods and equals doesn't mean inherently, HP =100, Attk=100,defense =100 for all. For all i care, Ignia could be 110 in atk, 50 in def and 70 in durability . Basically all r unique.
And , Selene could just be huge mass of Magic power and better attk but rather very low defense or durability

3- The one thing here ramen is talking abt is even with less mp and less defense/0 defense , it is still a huge landmass, so blasting hole through it is in & by itself a feat.

4- The arguments for suzaku to get past selene is heavily based on Huge MP = Huge defense + Huge durability, which essentially is more assumed, because like i said, selene could be good at attacking but not tht huge on defense or durability.

Basically, what i think is ramen is indicating tht Aldoron feat has solid base to it whereas suzaku's is mostly based on assumed stats.

So, to compare them based on selene feat won't give any solid base to establish the arguments.
1. No I didn't. What I did assume was that Selene has enough durability to safely assume that the attack potency of Suzaku's attack was higher than that of DF Natsu's.
There are two comparisons to consider here - human Selene vs human Aldo, and human Selene vs dragon Aldo.
- Comparing feats against human Selene and human Aldo
I think 100% Aldo seed should be comparable overall to 100% human Selene. That's reasonable?
Natsu's attack was potent enough to destroy nerfed Aldo seed. While Suzaku was enough to destroy 100% Selene. Unless durability-defence combo of human Selene is lower than even heavily nerfed Aldo seed, we can give advantage of attack potency to Suzaku in this case.

- Comparing feats against human Selene and dragon Aldo
Natsu's attack was occupied multi city size in AOE. Now, we don't even really know whether dragon Aldo going down was a result of Aldo seed himself going down, or whether it happened simultaneously and Natsu indeed did the damage. Personally, I think Natsu destroying Aldo seed is what did in dragon Aldo also.
But, for the sake of argument, I'll entertain the possibility that Natsu destroyed the mass of dragon Aldo in the AOE independently and simultaneously in the process of destroying human Aldo as well.
But even then, DF Natsu's final attack was spread over such a hue AOE. Even if we assume that the attack potency decreases substantially as we go radially outwards (which is fair, that's how explosions work), if Natsu's effective attack potency is above Suzaku's then it would mean that his final attack could destroy human Selene several times over. I find that a bit of a reach

Also, on an unrelated note. August had great durability. He took minimal damage from Gildarts' strongest attack, which he wasn't immune to.
Zeref also tanked all attacks from Igneel powered FDK Natsu, until he gave up to willingly take the final blow. Zeref was certainly underwhelming for an endboss, but wasn't that much of a fodder. People give him unfair shit for the final fight lmao.

2. Agreed.
But I don't think the discrepancy is stats is soo high that Aldoron, who woke up nerfed to begin with, and then got massively nerfed by 4 God seeds doing down, would have significantly higher physical stats than Selene.
Suzaku also tanked several attacks from Selene. So, what Suzaku did, in the overall perspective of attack+defense, is certainly not far below what Natsu did.

3. I agree. I myself pointed out in the previous post that DF Natsu most certainly had much higher total energy output compared to what Suzaku did.
My point was about attack potency.
Suzaku's attack is more deadly compared to DF Natsu's final attack, but on a much smaller scale.

4. I assume you mean get past DF Natsu?
Not really. I use overall stats to compare. Selene, overall, is comparable to 100% aldo. If Selene has high attack, then Suzaku's defense scales accordingly, considering he tanked everything she threw at him. If Selene has higher defence, Suzaku's attack scales accodingly, considering he cut her down. If Selene has high combat speed, Suzaku's combat speed scales accordingly, considering he kept up. Get my point?

I think we can use human Acno as a benchmark to compare overall stats (overall stats includes combo of attack, defence, speed, etc), here are my headcanon estimates:
human Selene = 70-80% human Acno in overall stats
Suzaku = 40-45% (I think human Selene was overall superior, but underestimated Suzaku and paid the price)
DF Natsu = 30%
heavily nerfed Aldo seed = 15%

And yes, I agree that there is no accurate way to compare both of them. Since Suzaku is ??? in power level. All we do know is he's very powerful, and Selene is very powerful. But have no means to compare stats, since we don't have a benchmark (benchmark = characters whose power we have some reasonable estimate of, like Natsu).
And it is very much possible that the entire thing was a troll and Suzaku defeated a thought projection or a clone, or Selene went down on purpose. Making everything I wrote some nonsense lmao

But you do agree there are arguments to be made from either side here, no? That's what makes it interesting :)
Without Suzaku, this competition would be boring as there won't even be a single argument against DF Natsu. He simply would no diff any other opposition.

Since when did this turn into a Maths forum? :gwah
Since Ramen asked for calcs lmao

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker

Where:
Volume1 ~ 8*10^12 m^3

Lets consider 0.03m^3

Where, Volume2 = 0.3m^3

Therefore:

=>

=>

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
1. No I didn't. What I did assume was that Selene has enough durability to safely assume that the attack potency of Suzaku's attack was higher than that of DF Natsu's.
There are two comparisons to consider here - human Selene vs human Aldo, and human Selene vs dragon Aldo.
- Comparing feats against human Selene and human Aldo
I think 100% Aldo seed should be comparable overall to 100% human Selene. That's reasonable?
Natsu's attack was potent enough to destroy nerfed Aldo seed. While Suzaku was enough to destroy 100% Selene. Unless durability-defence combo of human Selene is lower than even heavily nerfed Aldo seed, we can give advantage of attack potency to Suzaku in this case.

- Comparing feats against human Selene and dragon Aldo
Natsu's attack was occupied multi city size in AOE. Now, we don't even really know whether dragon Aldo going down was a result of Aldo seed himself going down, or whether it happened simultaneously and Natsu indeed did the damage. Personally, I think Natsu destroying Aldo seed is what did in dragon Aldo also.
But, for the sake of argument, I'll entertain the possibility that Natsu destroyed the mass of dragon Aldo in the AOE independently and simultaneously in the process of destroying human Aldo as well.
But even then, DF Natsu's final attack was spread over such a hue AOE. Even if we assume that the attack potency decreases substantially as we go radially outwards (which is fair, that's how explosions work), if Natsu's effective attack potency is above Suzaku's then it would mean that his final attack could destroy human Selene several times over. I find that a bit of a reach

Also, on an unrelated note. August had great durability. He took minimal damage from Gildarts' strongest attack, which he wasn't immune to.
Zeref also tanked all attacks from Igneel powered FDK Natsu, until he gave up to willingly take the final blow. Zeref was certainly underwhelming for an endboss, but wasn't that much of a fodder. People give him unfair shit for the final fight lmao.

2. Agreed.
But I don't think the discrepancy is stats is soo high that Aldoron, who woke up nerfed to begin with, and then got massively nerfed by 4 God seeds doing down, would have significantly higher physical stats than Selene.
Suzaku also tanked several attacks from Selene. So, what Suzaku did, in the overall perspective of attack+defense, is certainly not far below what Natsu did.

3. I agree. I myself pointed out in the previous post that DF Natsu most certainly had much higher total energy output compared to what Suzaku did.
My point was about attack potency.
Suzaku's attack is more deadly compared to DF Natsu's final attack, but on a much smaller scale.

4. I assume you mean get past DF Natsu?
Not really. I use overall stats to compare. Selene, overall, is comparable to 100% aldo. If Selene has high attack, then Suzaku's defense scales accordingly, considering he tanked everything she threw at him. If Selene has higher defence, Suzaku's attack scales accodingly, considering he cut her down. If Selene has high combat speed, Suzaku's combat speed scales accordingly, considering he kept up. Get my point?

I think we can use human Acno as a benchmark to compare overall stats (overall stats includes combo of attack, defence, speed, etc), here are my headcanon estimates:
human Selene = 70-80% human Acno in overall stats
Suzaku = 40-45% (I think human Selene was overall superior, but underestimated Suzaku and paid the price)
DF Natsu = 30%
heavily nerfed Aldo seed = 15%

And yes, I agree that there is no accurate way to compare both of them. Since Suzaku is ??? in power level. All we do know is he's very powerful, and Selene is very powerful. But have no means to compare stats, since we don't have a benchmark (benchmark = characters whose power we have some reasonable estimate of, like Natsu).
And it is very much possible that the entire thing was a troll and Suzaku defeated a thought projection or a clone, or Selene went down on purpose. Making everything I wrote some nonsense lmao

But you do agree there are arguments to be made from either side here, no? That's what makes it interesting :)
Without Suzaku, this competition would be boring as there won't even be a single argument against DF Natsu. He simply would no diff any other opposition.

Since Ramen asked for calcs lmao
1-Bruh, u deny and in tht very same line u agree u assume enough durability ? What r this contradictions ? There is no linear scale here for word enough.

And why human aldo and human selene, the simple thing is take away seed aldo, take away MP of aldo and yet just as an island or land mass full of wood, destruction of tht scale is a feat in itself .
Yes, u can attribute tht wood is inherently weak to fire and all tht, even so damage of tht scale is the point. An established feat.

Again, let me reiterate what i said before
Overall 100 % aldoron = 100% selene based on what ? Selene with her mp and mp blasts could be a monster in her own right and way above alodron too . Their only comparison comes from rank , which can be attributed to many things. some have tact, some manipulate, some can endure, some can attack etc.

My point being u r being too linear abt comparison and binding it to attk, def, endurance, durability. Selene could be considered a monster because of her MP like mavis and not because of physical attributes. Just be versatile.

Their rank is akin to Magic council's ranks, all unique in their own way. It is far fetching it and binding it into mere linear scales and parameters. And as for attk potency, u forgot to take natsu's flames color into consideration because u know flames can be powerful and have more temp based on its color :lmao .

So, all in all, this linear scales has way too many assumptions. For example, why shld seed aldoron be 15%, can't it be 85% of remaining and only 15% distributed to other seeds ?
Imo, aldoron was special due to tht sheer size , selene due to mp, ignia due to destruction he causes.

Bruh, August was coughing up blood from tht one mechanical arm hit from gilboi and then resorted to suicide, the thing i hate to this day. Without his staff, he became useless. And the thing u r talking abt in zeref's case is not durability, but endurance.

2- Again , there is no base to assume physical stats were near equal to begin with. Aldoron could be elf man alike and selene mavis alike .
We don't even know what selene could do in dragon form, or what aspects she has besides her MP.

3-Agreed, suzaku's attack is deadly in terms of speed else in terms of strength , natsu would very well easily be above him. Like i m saying earlier, u r going way too linear with comparisons

4-No, I meant selene. Her strong point is shown to be her distorting ability and huge magic, not physical abilities at all. So, suzaku beating her speaks of his feats in speed and being able to overcome her human body mp. How does it remotely say anything abt physcial attributes ? So, him beating her can't be used as a strong base to say he can beat natsu.
The only thing noteworthy is suzaku's speed and precision.

Naah man, not even human acno u can use benchmark because tht one was a monster in a sense of physical attributes as well as MP tht he had no preference for elements but magic itself.
Aldoron could be very well be size, selene magic, merc is trash basically.

But yeah, since when have people started taking the diablos trash so seriously ? :lmao They r meant to come, win round one and then lose horribly the following rounds to even lesser fighters. Ffs, kyria beating merc, i have read people mention and tht very kyria was koed by laxus easily, makes laxus way above human merc, does it not ?:catshrug

So, what i agree is we can argue on stuffs, but here when DGs r in play, we have to increase versatility. Without a doubt, suzaku's feat is impressive, but tht could very well be ruse as u said.
And if team natsu beats this monster, which was born due to selene distorting the world, once again scales will be different.

All in all, for now, we can only use natsu vs suzaku, which we have to admit suzaku won because of his speed and precision , despite not possibly being as mighty as natsu.

And don't do maths calculation, because if u do, u have to take into acct color of flame, environment parameters like humidity, density of wood, the molecular binding, water content in it etc etc etc :lmao

Ffs, we had bluenote's black hole, which shldn't exist or shld be burnt because it shld suck in everything but it couldn't . My point being application of scientific knowledge is useless here.

Like see, natsu was facing suzaku, we know he can turn his heat up to a point where it burns time, yet he didn't turn on his fire while facing suzaku and melting away his very blade . See, how logic fails here :catshrug.

Well, lmao, at least pixel calculations r out of business now. Back in the day, people used to use pixel calculations and i m like what ? How tf did u calculate the angle from which the said scene is drawn, the magnification ratio and so on. Since when hadd author tried and calculated ratio aspects and such to show pls via art ?

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
-Bruh, u deny and in tht very same line u agree u assume enough durability ? What r this contradictions ? There is no linear scale here for word enough.

And why human aldo and human selene, the simple thing is take away seed aldo, take away MP of aldo and yet just as an island or land mass full of wood, destruction of tht scale is a feat in itself .
Yes, u can attribute tht wood is inherently weak to fire and all tht, even so damage of tht scale is the point. An established feat.

Again, let me reiterate what i said before
Overall 100 % aldoron = 100% selene based on what ? Selene with her mp and mp blasts could be a monster in her own right and way above alodron too . Their only comparison comes from rank , which can be attributed to many things. some have tact, some manipulate, some can endure, some can attack etc.

My point being u r being too linear abt comparison and binding it to attk, def, endurance, durability. Selene could be considered a monster because of her MP like mavis and not because of physical attributes. Just be versatile.

Their rank is akin to Magic council's ranks, all unique in their own way. It is far fetching it and binding it into mere linear scales and parameters. And as for attk potency, u forgot to take natsu's flames color into consideration because u know flames can be powerful and have more temp based on its color :lmao .

So, all in all, this linear scales has way too many assumptions. For example, why shld seed aldoron be 15%, can't it be 85% of remaining and only 15% distributed to other seeds ?
Imo, aldoron was special due to tht sheer size , selene due to mp, ignia due to destruction he causes.

Bruh, August was coughing up blood from tht one mechanical arm hit from gilboi and then resorted to suicide, the thing i hate to this day. Without his staff, he became useless. And the thing u r talking abt in zeref's case is not durability, but endurance.

I only agreed that just because DGs are in same tier, doesn't mean every stat are equivalent.

I disagree that it's easier to take down 100% Selene than heavily nerfed Aldo. Aldo may be much more durable than Selene, but I have my personal cap on how much discrepancy can be allowed, before concluding that they don't belong in the same tier.
You may disagree with this, that's fine. It's a personal thing. If x can be taken down far far easier than y can, they aren't in same tier
The only exception to this (personal) rule for me is when hax is involved.

Both aren't really contradictory.

Oh, I misunderstood. You don't agree with the premise that the five DGs are comparable to each other overall? I see.
Overall, 100% Aldo and 100% Selene are comparable because that's what is indicated in manga. Each DG are comparable to each other, and a fight between them can go either way.
Eleferia said that they are all comparable to Acnologia, this is comparison to a single entity, indicating portrayal that they are all around the same level. Selene herself said in the beginning of the arc, that a fight between her and any other DGs can go either way.

Having pure MP, but it not translating to attack, defence, speed etc means little.
Let's say x and y both have 100 magic. But x has 20 stats, while y has 100 stats. And both x and y don't have any hax. y >> x in this case, y would destroy x in a fight.
If a fight between them "can go either way", then they, necessarily, have to be comparable in overall stats. If hax isn't a thing. MP alone means little.

You are asking why I made assumption of Aldo being nerfed to 15%? It's because I assumed each GS going down was contributing to 1/5th of power being nerfed, and I assumed Aldo woke up at 75% to begin with.
You talk about a hypothetical of 85% was with Aldo seed and only 15% was distributed to the rest? I myself considered a similar scenario, but came to conclude that this wasn't the case.
Because whenever a seed went down, the nerf to Aldo seed was significant. The difference was (non DF) Natsu being unable to even perceive Aldo seed's attacks. To it becoming slow enough for Natsu to perceive it. To becoming slow enough that not only Natsu could perceive it, but also keep up and dodge. The nerf was definitely more than being nerfed to 85%

It doesn't make sense to think each seed is of same power level as Aldo seed of course, since we know that isn't the case. But it somewhat make sense that the health and status of these seeds directly affect Aldo seed. Think of them like proverbial body parts of Aldoron

Maybe you disagree with "Aldo was nerfed to 15%".
But it certainly isn't 85%.
Aldo seed was observably nerfed to a state weaker than even half his strength. The degree of weakness is the difference between Natsu not even being able to perceive, vs Natsu being able to perceive and dodge.

Yeah, August had a bloodly lip.
August had no particular issues, he was only minorly injured.
While Gildarts lost his ONLY MEANS OF DAMAGE to August, and became crippled in the process. Finishing off Gildarts at that point was mere formality. But August used ars magica because he's a retard, as simple as that. There was zero reason for him to use it, when his victory was 100% confirmed

2- Again , there is no base to assume physical stats were near equal to begin with. Aldoron could be elf man alike and selene mavis alike .
We don't even know what selene could do in dragon form, or what aspects she has besides her MP.
I didn't say physical stats alone.
Stats include magic attack power and spell power as well.

3-Agreed, suzaku's attack is deadly in terms of speed else in terms of strength , natsu would very well easily be above him. Like i m saying earlier, u r going way too linear with comparisons
Even ignoring the entire Selene fight, Suzaku one shotted Erza and base Natsu. He has pretty good attack power as well.

My point anyway was that what Suzaku did to Selene, overall, is more impressive than what DF Natsu to Aldo. If you disagree with this, sorry, we'll just have to disagree
Now, it is my personal opinion that Suzaku's attack was more deadly than DF Natsu's. Based on my assumption about Selene's durability. If you disagree with this, THAT IS FINE.

See it now?
The first point for me is non negotiable. Because Suzaku defeated an overall stronger opponent than DF Natsu did. So, Suzaku's overall performance is better.
The latter is negotiable for me. If you disagree with it, I can see where you are coming from, even though I will still disagree. Because we both have different assumptions about Selene's durability, and still understand where you're coming from.

4-No, I meant selene. Her strong point is shown to be her distorting ability and huge magic, not physical abilities at all. So, suzaku beating her speaks of his feats in speed and being able to overcome her human body mp. How does it remotely say anything abt physcial attributes ? So, him beating her can't be used as a strong base to say he can beat natsu.
The only thing noteworthy is suzaku's speed and precision.
Speed and attack potency. What do you mean by precision? That is attack potency, his attacks are powerful enough to cut down powerful foes.

He tanked everything Selene threw at him, so he's good in defence/dura as well.

Naah man, not even human acno u can use benchmark because tht one was a monster in a sense of physical attributes as well as MP tht he had no preference for elements but magic itself.
Aldoron could be very well be size, selene magic, merc is trash basically.
They should be comparable in stats based on Elefseria's statement.
The fight between any DG and Acno would go similar to Acno vs Igneel IMO, a high diff win for Acno. Why can't the DGs be as powerful, since Igneel was? Igneel's own son is a DG

How is Merc trash? While not even being half his full power, he no sold every attack with slayer advantage, thrown at him by x793 team Natsu. To put it in perspective, x792 Erza could one shot dragon Eileen with slayer advantage.

Nerfed Merc needed DF Natsu + Ignia powerup to be defeated. He was defeated by the strongest form of Natsu till date. A bit underwhelming, yes. But understandable since the guy wasn't even at half his power.

But yeah, since when have people started taking the diablos trash so seriously ? :lmao They r meant to come, win round one and then lose horribly the following rounds to even lesser fighters. Ffs, kyria beating merc, i have read people mention and tht very kyria was koed by laxus easily, makes laxus way above human merc, does it not ?:catshrug
Way to ignore context man.

Kyria destroyed a Merc who had all his power stolen by white witch. White witch can change the victim's MP from zero to full, whenever she pleases. If Merc even had half his powers, Kyria would've been instantly one shot.

So, what i agree is we can argue on stuffs, but here when DGs r in play, we have to increase versatility. Without a doubt, suzaku's feat is impressive, but tht could very well be ruse as u said.
And if team natsu beats this monster, which was born due to selene distorting the world, once again scales will be different.
Yeah. I'll take everything I said here back if Suzaku vs Selene was a troll by Mashima.

As for the Alta face thing, we'll have to see. We don't know how powerful it is or what it can do, or if it will even be defeated

And don't do maths calculation, because if u do, u have to take into acct color of flame, environment parameters like humidity, density of wood, the molecular binding, water content in it etc etc etc :lmao

Ffs, we had bluenote's black hole, which shldn't exist or shld be burnt because it shld suck in everything but it couldn't . My point being application of scientific knowledge is useless here.

Like see, natsu was facing suzaku, we know he can turn his heat up to a point where it burns time, yet he didn't turn on his fire while facing suzaku and melting away his very blade . See, how logic fails here :catshrug.

Well, lmao, at least pixel calculations r out of business now. Back in the day, people used to use pixel calculations and i m like what ? How tf did u calculate the angle from which the said scene is drawn, the magnification ratio and so on. Since when hadd author tried and calculated ratio aspects and such to show pls via art ?
I'm no fan of calcs too lmao. I just used it because I had to, in that conversation.

Personally I think calcs is very flawed and unreliable. I've seen people argue x791 Jellal is continental, because they use Mashima's drawing, which had curvature of Earth or something, when he drew Sema's explosion. I find the entire thing ridiculous.

Any way, energy density of all encompassing. Be it color of flame or whatever. That is the reason why I use that term specifically, without going into details

The crux of my argument is purely based on scaling comparable characters, and nothing more.
If x and y beat characters comparable in overall stats, without any hax or immunity or something, then x and y are comparable in overall stats. It's that simple for me

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu
Mira
Jacob
Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.