Group - Group C | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C

Group C: Pick your top 4!

• Cobra/Erik

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • Hakune

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Madmole

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Makarov Dreyar

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Minerva Orland

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: August 14th.

GROUP C - CHARACTERS

Character Limitations and Info
No restrictions.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Suzaku, Gajeel, and Madmole are the obvious choices, with Suzaku being able to solo the rest of the competition.

Hakune and Makarov is a toss-up.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I say Hakune should take this due to her hax. She can freeze and neg anyone's magic here.

Suzaku
Madmole
Gajeel
Would be the order of people who come after her.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It is crazy. What a..? There are to many cool characters. Well...

Cobra - on par with Gajeel, they two are the strongest here. With hearing magic can avoid most of the characters, has good attack power (can poison bypass Madmole's defense?). With sound magic should be able to beat everyone here one on one. Combining with hearing - he is a monster.
Gajeel - on par with Cobra. High defense, good attack power, in DF should be able to walk through Madmole.
Madmole - well, he is a tough guy xd. I think he can wait enough.
Minerva - quite interesting magic, can avoid others, can warp them, can attack from far away, can just hide and wait.

Makarov - he is really strong, he can nodiff all of them with FL, but he won't stand a second against them. Maybe I'll put him at 4th later.
Jura - shouldn't be above Makarov, doesn't have useful magic.
Hakune - trash
Suzaku - doesn't make sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I was thinking... I'll choose Makarov instead of Madmole. They both quite tough, but I think Makarov should take him

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Suzaku, for his speed and strength (can one shot everyone here) + awesome stamina
Hakune, for her diamond mode who can freeze everyone in the area and magic as well.
Madmole, for his armor. Being on the Defensive until people onslaught each others to be in the final quartet.
Minerva due to her Spatial Magic. Can warp people and avoid attacks, so, like Madmole, can be on Defensive until people onslaught each others (she is smart enough to play like that).

If Minerva doesn't hide, I can see Gajeel as the fourth contender.

Jura, Minerva, Makarov, Kagura, Lyon were beasts during GmG period. They looked like powerless in X792 against the Spriggans, showing the improvement's gap of FT's members in X792. And they rised again in X793 by some mergin.

Suzaku and Hakune are the best here for me. Madmole is currently too tough for classic fighters. I change my Minerva vote for Gajeel if she plays fair without hidding.

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
At this point, im actually surprised that Suzaku was even allowed in this tournament. Including Natsu as well.
In their peak form they are just way too strong. Although the Selene arc is still not over yet, and there is definitely more to come with Selene, so its still a bit hard to judge where Suzaku would fit in the power ranking list. But for now he is up there, convincingly.

Sexy "Elsa" here has probably the best hax from the group. Freezing magic power itself. Although it seems you can overcome her hax if you have dual magic powers. And her "hax" illusions can be broken with some mental fortitude alone.

Jura is fodder at this stage.

Makarov might have the greatest magic power here but he has heart and stamina problems.

Cobra and Minerva have some pretty interesting combat + utility magic combinations going on. They would be kinda tricky to deal with if it werent for Hakune's hax and Suzaku's speed.

Madmole, while having really strong defensive powers, he lacks attack power, being FD Iron Fist level at best. Still his defensive powers would make him sustainable, surviving this battle royal for a good time. Unless like someone already pointed out, if his strong defense is just an Armor Dragon move, Hakune would wreck him more easily then she would have otherwise.

Gajeel is self explanatory. Strong defensive powers, but unlike Madmole he actually packs a punch and then some. Probably the strongest CQC fighter here alongside Suzaku if you count Suzaku's his mid/long range kenjutsu as CQC.

I would have written an entire scenario how this battle would go, but im short on time at the moment. For now i would go with Suzaku, Gajeel, Hakune .... and i guess Madmole

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Suzaku solos the entire group, he's clearly number 1 here.
Hakune takes 2nd position because of her hax

3rd and 4th position is debatable. Based on pure stats, it should be Gajeel and Madmole. But Minerva can just hide until everyone is done as well.

Choosing Gajeel and Minerva for now.

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
At this point, im actually surprised that Suzaku was even allowed in this tournament. Including Natsu as well.
In their peak form they are just way too strong. Although the Selene arc is still not over yet, and there is definitely more to come with Selene, so its still a bit hard to judge where Suzaku would fit in the power ranking list. But for now he is up there, convincingly.

Sexy "Elsa" here has probably the best hax from the group. Freezing magic power itself. Although it seems you can overcome her hax if you have dual magic powers. And her "hax" illusions can be broken with some mental fortitude alone.

Jura is fodder at this stage.

Makarov might have the greatest magic power here but he has heart and stamina problems.

Cobra and Minerva have some pretty interesting combat + utility magic combinations going on. They would be kinda tricky to deal with if it werent for Hakune's hax and Suzaku's speed.

Madmole, while having really strong defensive powers, he lacks attack power, being FD Iron Fist level at best. Still his defensive powers would make him sustainable, surviving this battle royal for a good time. Unless like someone already pointed out, if his strong defense is just an Armor Dragon move, Hakune would wreck him more easily then she would have otherwise.

Gajeel is self explanatory. Strong defensive powers, but unlike Madmole he actually packs a punch and then some. Probably the strongest CQC fighter here alongside Suzaku if you count Suzaku's his mid/long range kenjutsu as CQC.

I would have written an entire scenario how this battle would go, but im short on time at the moment. For now i would go with Suzaku, Gajeel, Hakune .... and i guess Madmole
I don't think Makarov is plagued with his illness here, otherwise that'd be really unfair :lmao

Nonetheless, I doubt he will advance without illness in the way. Makarov is too old and frail now. Only recently he was defeated by one FDK Demo fist from base Natsu. And that was after he combined with Wraith's power. This is incomparable to somebody like Madmole.
I don't think Fairy Law is going to be the difference maker it once was when most of the participants here have clearly leapfrogged him.

Normally Suzaku-sama will cut down each and every single one of them here :gar For the competition sake, I'd have to vote Suzaku-sama and 3 other options.

Hakune is likely to be one of them. Her freezing capacity borders on the absurd. She could freeze almost every attacks Gray threw at her, including a zeroth destruction bow. And it eventually took a new spell to defeat her. Her diamond titan could also briefly withstand the onslaught from Gray's heavy knights. Her ability to nullify her opponents magic power like how she did to Natsu and Gray also makes it very challenging to defeat her.

I think Gajeel has a good chance because like Gray, he wields two different magic. So they are unique in the sense that they could bypass Hakune's special ability. DF is not restricted here, so he stands a chance of overpowering her diamond titan too. My last vote goes to Madmole or Cobra. In theory, Cobra's poison should be the perfect counter to Madmole's durability. He has listening magic to read his foes' thoughts, and he showed some insane endurance when he continue fighting after a kick from Acno shattered his organs. Will wait to see more arguments before making up my mind.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
It is crazy. What a..? There are to many cool characters. Well...

Cobra - on par with Gajeel, they two are the strongest here. With hearing magic can avoid most of the characters, has good attack power (can poison bypass Madmole's defense?). With sound magic should be able to beat everyone here one on one. Combining with hearing - he is a monster.
Gajeel - on par with Cobra. High defense, good attack power, in DF should be able to walk through Madmole.
Madmole - well, he is a tough guy xd. I think he can wait enough.
Minerva - quite interesting magic, can avoid others, can warp them, can attack from far away, can just hide and wait.

Makarov - he is really strong, he can nodiff all of them with FL, but he won't stand a second against them. Maybe I'll put him at 4th later.
Jura - shouldn't be above Makarov, doesn't have useful magic.
Hakune - trash
Suzaku - doesn't make sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I was thinking... I'll choose Makarov instead of Madmole. They both quite tough, but I think Makarov should take him
x792 Cobra was on par with x792 base Gajeel. We don't know about x793 Cobra, but we can give benefit of doubt and assume he's x793 base Gajeel level. Which doesn't make him even top 4 in stats, let alone the 2nd strongest.

Gajeel cannot use DF willingly. Anyway, he can win high-extreme diff against Madmole I think, using shadow magic.

FL from Makarov isn't no diffing the top dogs in this group, because they are far stronger than even peak Maakrov.

Haukune is trash because? She has a broken hax

Suzaku - doesn't make sense? Why? He solos the entire group

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Suzaku, Madmole, Gajeel, Hakune

Minerva and Cobra are probably just a bit below Hakune/Gajeel/Madmole.

Just don’t see Makarov keeping up with these guys at this point.

Jura is fodder.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I think Gajeel has a good chance because like Gray, he wields two different magic. So they are unique in the sense that they could bypass Hakune's special ability. DF is not restricted here, so he stands a chance of overpowering her diamond titan too.
Ok for Gajeel's dual Mode. But how can he touch her ? Grey could freeze her snow so both attacks were nullified. Gajeel can't do that so he has no weaponeries to resist her ice cold. We also have to take account that Gajeel can't enter Dragon Force by his own will and this is why I choose Madmole instead (far better armor).

Last edited:

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Ok for Gajeel's dual Mode. But how can he touch her ? Grey could freeze her snow so both attacks were nullified. Gajeel can't do that so he has no weaponeries to resist her ice cold. We also have to take account that Gajeel can't enter Dragon Force by his own will and this is why I choose Madmole instead (far better armor).
I'm under the impression Gajeel can access DF on his own since there are no restrictions and limitations in place :hurr

Gajeel should be capable of defeating the diamond titan with DF.
Though I agree beating Hakune would be a tall order since she can freeze even Gray's ice devil attacks :oooh

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I ve chosen Gajeel, Makarov, Minerva and Jura i dont know the other ones, and if my memory serves right all 4 are pretty good, i feel that Gajeel and Minerva are being underestimated, but again i might be missing new data.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Going with Suzaku, Hakune, Minerva, and Gajeel.

I feel like Minerva would excel in a battle royal type battle, she proved this in the GMG, her magic makes up for her lack of power compared to the others, it's not about her winning, it's about her lasting, and I think she can manage that. She just needs to avoid getting hit.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Suzaku, Hakune, Gajeel, Madmole. The rest are all irrelevant

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Suzaku - Pretty Obvious

Hakune - has the hax to easily take out anyone not named Suzaku

Madmole or Gajeel - One no sold Natsu's demo fist and needed a new technique just to hurt him and the other gave Natsu a pretty troublesome fight though most of it was off panel

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Though I agree beating Hakune would be a tall order since she can freeze even Gray's ice devil attacks
Yes, a crazy tall order.

I'm under the impression Gajeel can access DF on his own since there are no restrictions and limitations in place
Well, fighters has only access to their powers they can use by themself, no ? Gajeel can't access to Dragon Force without eating element to rise his power to his ultimate. So DF is pure potential. Perhaps in the future (I hope so) but for now, Gajeel's best still remains ISD.

@Kiki, what do you think ? Can Gajeel tap into Dragon Force in the Battle Royal ? If so, yes, it changes many things....

I feel like Minerva would excel in a battle royal type battle, she proved this in the GMG, her magic makes up for her lack of power compared to the others, it's not about her winning, it's about her lasting, and I think she can manage that. She just needs to avoid getting hit.
Yes, in my first Vote, I meant the same for Minerva. She is smart so she can warp away attacks and people, hide herself until being in the final quartet.
If she compete as a survival game, yes, she should be in the final.
If she plays a fair game, not the ... she was during the GmG, then, her abilities are bypass since long time by Gajeel.
Minerva is just like Jura and Kagura : beasts in GmG. Powerless during Arbaless's war showing Fairy Tail's improvement since a year. And then, a year passed again and the gap continues to grow. Past rivals they were, with charisma. But now....

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
1 - Suzaku
2 - Hakune
3 - Gajeel
4 - Madmole/Cobra

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Kiki, what do you think ? Can Gajeel tap into Dragon Force in the Battle Royal ? If so, yes, it changes many things....
since it was even unclear in the main manga itself, I'll leave it up to you guys' interpretations.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Suzaku uberstomps everyone here. Nobody even sees him coming. He can stomp everyone here for warmup, before going over and stomping everyone in Group D too. He probably wins the tournament, unless Natsu gets new DF feats by the time this tournament concludes.

If we're giving Gajeel DF, then we might as well give Madmole DF.

Status
Not open for further replies.