Group - Group D Battle Royale | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 47 72.3%
  • Kyôka

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Marin Hollow

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Neinhart

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Sherria Blendy (Third Origin)

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Wahl Icht

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No I'm sorry, you are reading it in the wrong context.

There is nothing in Mashima's afterword that said the Spriggan 12 is the strongest FT have ever faced.

While it is possible that the above statement is true, Mashima never said this.

Mashima did say they are the strongest characters in the history of the series, but we know that the statement was an exaggeration, because obviously, as canon has proved it, Acnologia is stronger than the strongest Spriggan.

Mashima was saying it in an literary exaggeration, and not literally. Otherwise, that would mean August > Acnologia which is clearly not the case.

As for Erza, I don't know why you would believe her words when she has been proven wrong before. I'm not saying Erza is 100% wrong, but we honestly cannot say she is 100% right.

There is room for error, especially since she said that while she was getting beat. Erza has been wrong before, and she was wrong when she supported Natsu's decision and underestimated Zeref's real power.

You have your opinions and I respect that man. I believe that Kyoka will beat Wahl since Wahl's durability is pretty low.

Being immune to lightning, he was beaten by Red Lightning. That means if he was not immune to lightning, Laxus would only need to use half his power to take out Wahl.

At the very least:

50% Laxus = 100% Kyoka
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, our opinions differ, but up to this date, no character in this series has beaten another character simply by staring at them and saying "Begone".

Erza's asspull against Neinhart's memory magic is arguably the most BS move I've ever seen. She literally stared into 3 of her past enemies and said one word, killing all of them in an instant.

If that is not a "Because she's Erza" moment, I don't know what is.

It's well known in the community that the "Because she's Erza" statement was originally formed after Erza has had the most BS asspulls as well as the most fights that do not make any sense.
That's fine man, but there is still no reason to believe she is not far more powerful than Kyoka now. She literally fought Kyoka, Azuma and Ikaruga, while injured and was doing decent. I don't get how you can argue that if she had been healthy, she would not have beaten them. They all state she was not herself(due to being injured). As for Ajeel, how is he Fodder? Explain to me how someone who can make a sandstorm the size of Magnolia, where no one can see but him is fodder. Ajeel being the weakest Spriggan is a baseless assumption imo, in fact other than Irene and August, there is simply no proof whatsoever that all of the Spriggan 12 are not more or less equal. I do agree though we all have said our opinions enough, so I guess it's on to the next round.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's fine man, but there is still no reason to believe she is not far more powerful than Kyoka now. She literally fought Kyoka, Azuma and Ikaruga, while injured and was doing decent. I don't get how you can argue that if she had been healthy, she would not have beaten them. They all state she was not herself(due to being injured). As for Ajeel, how is he Fodder? Explain to me how someone who can make a sandstorm the size of Magnolia, where no one can see but him is fodder. Ajeel being the weakest Spriggan is a baseless assumption imo, in fact other than Irene and August, there is simply no proof whatsoever that all of the Spriggan 12 are not more or less equal. I do agree though we all have said our opinions enough.

Fodder may have been a slight exaggeration, but personally, if he could have gotten 1 shotted by Laxus' casual lightning bolt, that's pretty fodder even for a Spriggan.

In no way am I asking Ajeel to compete with Laxus, but getting defeated by only 1 of his casual lightning bolt is something that a Spriggan should not have happening to them.

Against Tempesta and Torafuza, Ajeel is a monster. Against the general level of all of the characters in this arc, in my opinion, Ajeel is a fodder and will not stand a chance against all of the top dogs.

Imo, even G. Serena will fodderize Ajeel.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fodder may have been a slight exaggeration, but personally, if he could have gotten 1 shotted by Laxus' casual lightning bolt, that's pretty fodder even for a Spriggan.

In no way am I asking Ajeel to compete with Laxus, but getting defeated by only 1 of his casual lightning bolt is something that a Spriggan should not have happening to them.

Against Tempesta and Torafuza, Ajeel is a monster. Against the general level of all of the characters in this arc, in my opinion, Ajeel is a fodder and will not stand a chance against all of the top dogs.

Imo, even G. Serena will fodderize Ajeel.
Fair enough, like I said we have all said our opinions, so probably best to leave it at that. There was no definitive proof Laxus would have oneshotted Ajeel though, and that was no casual Lightning bolt, it was more like a lightning nuke lol. I personally think Ajeel vs Laxus would be close, despite that scene. Simply because in a 1 vs 1 fight they would both be able to use there magics on equal footing, unlike what happened where Laxus was on a Air ship way up high shooting lightning down. He never faced Sand World either.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Ajeel, the same guy who utterly outclassed current Erza despite being at an elemental disadvantage, is a fodder then what does that make Kyoka, the same person who despite receiving a power up from Sayla lost to a pre timeskip Erza that just came from fighting Minerva??

Please, for the love of God, don't use PoF as an excuse. There is reason to believe that Erza was using PoF in her fight against Ajeel as well once she recieved Natsu's "fighting spirit".

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
No I'm sorry, you are reading it in the wrong context.

There is nothing in Mashima's afterword that said the Spriggan 12 is the strongest FT have ever faced.

While it is possible that the above statement is true, Mashima never said this.

Mashima did say they are the strongest characters in the history of the series, but we know that the statement was an exaggeration, because obviously, as canon has proved it, Acnologia is stronger than the strongest Spriggan.

Mashima was saying it in an literary exaggeration, and not literally. Otherwise, that would mean August > Acnologia which is clearly not the case.

As for Erza, I don't know why you would believe her words when she has been proven wrong before. I'm not saying Erza is 100% wrong, but we honestly cannot say she is 100% right.

There is room for error, especially since she said that while she was getting beat. Erza has been wrong before, and she was wrong when she supported Natsu's decision and underestimated Zeref's real power.

You have your opinions and I respect that man. I believe that Kyoka will beat Wahl since Wahl's durability is pretty low.

Being immune to lightning, he was beaten by Red Lightning. That means if he was not immune to lightning, Laxus would only need to use half his power to take out Wahl.

At the very least:

50% Laxus = 100% Kyoka
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, our opinions differ, but up to this date, no character in this series has beaten another character simply by staring at them and saying "Begone".

Erza's asspull against Neinhart's memory magic is arguably the most BS move I've ever seen. She literally stared into 3 of her past enemies and said one word, killing all of them in an instant.

If that is not a "Because she's Erza" moment, I don't know what is.

It's well known in the community that the "Because she's Erza" statement was originally formed after Erza has had the most BS asspulls as well as the most fights that do not make any sense.

@Everyone

And to conclude this topic, I don't see the Kyoka vs. Wahl fight going anywhere. Discussions for this Group D Battle Royale will end late tonight anyways.

Therefore, seeing as all of you are pretty adamant about your positions, I don't think it is necessary that I discuss this any further.

I'll respect your opinions and leave it be. Besides, I half knew Kyoka wasn't going to make it to the next round, so I might as well accept it as it is.

Afterall, there can only be 4 winners, so even if Kyoka takes 5th Place (or whatever place frankly), it is what it is and I'm alright with that.

I'll give whoever wants the last word, and I'll see you all in the next stage.
You don't know what context is if you expect the context to be stated right afterwards.

While it might be a tad exaggeration but that's only because o Acnologia nor has Acnologia ever been focused as the main antagonist for the Fairies in an arc.

Proven wrong where? You tried to use Natsu as an example but he would have beaten Zeref is Happy didn't pull him back, nothing implies Erza was wrong in that situation backed up from statement from Makarov and overall portrayal backs Erza up even more.

Another baseless assumption that Wahl has low durability while I'm ignoring the whole 50% because that is nonsense, Laxus at way lower than 50% just beat Hades someone who's above Kyouka.

Don't quote me if you can't even back your opinions up.......Like seriously.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Here is the result!
Natsu Dragneel - 59 votes
Wahl Icht - 49 votes
Gray Fullbuster - 47 votes
Sherria Blendy (Third Origin) - 36 votes

Neinhart - 30 votes
Kyouka - 14 votes
Rogue Cheney - 8 votes
Marin Hollow - 4 votes

Natsu, Wahl, Gray, and Sherria advance to next round. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.