Group - Group D | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D

Which 4 advance?

• Ajeel

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Elfman

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Gajeel

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Invel

Votes: 49 57.0%
  • Jacob

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Larcade

Votes: 70 81.4%
  • Wall

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Zeref

Votes: 85 98.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globear

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
1. Zeref
2. Wall
3. Jacob
4. Gajeel

I would put Invel there but his "instant" freeze won't work because he was doing that off guard, same with Ice Lock and Ice Slave.

it wouldn't work on Wall because he is not human and Gajeel blitzes him before he even does that.

Larcade gets stomped by anyone.
I agree for what you said about La La Cray Cray while his magics are very BAM and almost "overpowered" on some level, he's easily tricked, and not very durable

There's not much point in being able to sass your enemy and easily take them down if they can do the same back.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
1- Zeref
2- Larcade
3- Jacob
4- Ajeel
5- Invel/Wall
6- Invel/Wall
7- Gajeel
8- Elfman :hip

Yeah, something like that IMO Gajeel didn't show anything that would suggest he can enter DF ( if it was DF ) on his will and yet again he eat his way towards victory against Bloodman.

Also, I didn't include the fact that Zeref can one-shot Larcade just by destroying his book ( same I won't take it into account if he later meet Natsu because he should be able to do it as well ).

Zeref being stripped for his Immortality ( the only thing that was impressing about him tbh in his fight so far << Prior obtaining FH ) here he's a winner without doubt but Against August/Irene or even Natsu without immortality, I guess he shouldn't take it

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well if we're considering this as a battle royal not as a power ranking, I wouldn't give larcade going through even though he should be the 2nd strongest in this group. His magic is a valid reason for every other participant to target him (besides wall of course) and that includes zeref himself, so with the focused attention on him even taking away Zeref onshotting him by destroying his book (in order to be fair), the fact remains that he will still be the Number 1 target in this fight, and he can't survive that imo.

Stance still remains for Gajeel. The counter argument that "he can't be the only DS to not have DF" or that "he'd need it for the last battle" don't really work for me. This is FT after all, and being able to do something at will doesn't really hamper anyone. After all, 90% of the times DF has been shown in this manga, it wasn't activated at will. If Gajeel needs DF in the last fight (which he will), there's no reason for there not to be something that can trigger it at that point. He doesn't necessarily have to be able to activate it at will. So I won't give him DF for this fight and he can't progress without it.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Not changing my placement (except maybe Larcade should be 3rd while Jacob 2nd) but I want to emphasize that this group is rather difficult.

- There are variations of Larcade's magic, and some work on virgins. He's also not bad in raw power himself since he stopped an attack that's more than capable of slashing a large hill Aizen style

So while I chose Zeref above him overall, it's obvious that the guy would be an absolute nightmare for him considering he lost his virginity. On the other hand, I have no idea how Larcade's power would work on Wall-- unless Wall is actually an android.

- Same with Jacob. I imagine him disappearing and simply clapping his hand and everybody is displaced into another dimension like the FT guild was. I don't see how anybody is combating this very cheap haxx except Zeref whom (Im assuming) would use a teleport spell to return if he was displaced.

Even though Larcade is technically stronger than Jacob, it means little when he's an Assassin with very cheap haxx.

-Ajeel is one of the ones I ranked to proceed while Wall is relatively below due to his simplicity but a clash between these two is uncertain imo. I imagine Wall being able to analyze a weakness to sandworld and use sensors to detect Ajeel when he materializes during sandworld. The sensors will render Ajeel's ability to hinder visibility almost useless, and I see Wall using full combat move to eventually overpower Ajeel.

This battle is chaotic. Depending on which combatants encounter which would also determine the placement.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
This is interesting. Most of fighters are equal. Everyone brought up some good points too.

I am expecting a tie.

Star Frost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can say that my votes go to Zeref, Larcade, and Wall but I can't seem to decided between Invel and Jacob since it's based only a matter of time to whose magic will defeat who. Like all Jacob got to do is clap his hands and make his foes disappear but Invel can freeze his foes just by his mere presence. Can someone help me out here?

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
After seeing all the statements, I'll have to change my votes a bit.
Larcade still doesn't pass in my opinion, because of Zeref being able to casually destroy his book(And Zeref is in this matchup). It's sad, because Larcade has some pretty cool abilities, but I'm solid on this one.
I'll have to change my mind about Gajeel though. I voted for him because I assumed that we are using his DF Version. But if we are using him with what he's got so far, then I doubt he can activate it at will. So sadly, he won't pass then. Which is why I replace Gajeel with Wall(Ajeel is close, but still not strong enough).

I have to say though, this is the hardest group yet. So many strong contenders. The only ones who are obvious are Zeref(Even without FH and immortality, he's really strong. Not as strong as Irene/August perhaps, but top tier nontheless), and Elfman(he is a level below everyone here. He's still a real man though!).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I can say that my votes go to Zeref, Larcade, and Wall but I can't seem to decided between Invel and Jacob since it's based only a matter of time to whose magic will defeat who. Like all Jacob got to do is clap his hands and make his foes disappear but Invel can freeze his foes just by his mere presence. Can someone help me out here?
Well, in this case, I would give it to Jacob. His Transport's A.O.E is larger than Invel's freeze a.o.e. So that's that. However I myself think that Wall is weaker than these 2. At least in hax.
(And Larcade can't pass because of Zeref. I still don't understand why people don't notice it).

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
@upsurge my Jedi Master joined.But i killed him Vader style.But he was revived and saved me from Dark side.

So Surge who do you think passes Larcade or Jacob or Invel?

You do a great assessment.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, in this case, I would give it to Jacob. His Transport's A.O.E is larger than Invel's freeze a.o.e. So that's that. However I myself think that Wall is weaker than these 2. At least in hax.
(And Larcade can't pass because of Zeref. I still don't understand why people don't notice it).
Why can't he pass because of Zeref? He has shown just how strong he is and not to mention his hax

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Why can't he pass because of Zeref? He has shown just how strong he is and not to mention his hax
He's talking about the fact that Larcade is a demon of Zeref, and as such Zeref can one shot him by erasing him in the first second of the battle.
Though this is a good point, i kinda agree with @Vici and so personally im not taking that into consideration.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I still don't get why Gajeel having DF is hard to believe.

Wendy said she achieved DF through training (1 year). How much time did Natsu have between TOH and Tartarus? Probably not a full year. Both of these had taken in their element previously to initiate dragon force.

Dragon Force probably comes down to 2 things based on the above: a level of magic power/skill and having DF be activated by an external source at least once. These are both achieved by Gajeel right now.

Am I certain? Of course not. But I find it more acceptable from a narrative sense/portrayal, and from how the magic has been shown, to believe Gajeel has Dragon Force.

This kind of reminds me of the "Natsu doesn't have FDK spells coz Igneel's power is gone" thing. Maybe not as obvious as that one for me, but we're getting there.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's talking about the fact that Larcade is a demon of Zeref, and as such Zeref can one shot him by erasing him in the first second of the battle.
Though this is a good point, i kinda agree with @Vici and so personally im not taking that into consideration.
Are you talking about that chapter of him killing Larcade or just in general like how he done Mard Geer?

Wendy said she achieved DF through training (1 year). How much time did Natsu have between TOH and Tartarus? Probably not a full year. Both of these had taken in their element previously to initiate dragon force.

Dragon Force probably comes down to 2 things based on the above: a level of magic power/skill and having DF be activated by an external source at least once. These are both achieved by Gajeel right now.

Am I certain? Of course not. But I find it more acceptable from a narrative sense/portrayal, and from how the magic has been shown, to believe Gajeel has Dragon Force.

This kind of reminds me of the "Natsu doesn't have FDK spells coz Igneel's power is gone" thing. Maybe not as obvious as that one for me, but we're getting there.
It's hard to believe because he even said it which therefore shows how he didn't had the level of magic power/skill to activate it. And also as shown, using an external source doesn't let them have DF permanent as shown by both Natsu and Wendy. Not to mention it wasn't even stated that's DF he used, it was assumed to be so.

Also the FDK spells are separate from Igneel's power.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's hard to believe because he even said it which therefore shows how he didn't had the level of magic power/skill to activate it. And also as shown, using an external source doesn't let them have DF permanent as shown by both Natsu and Wendy. Not to mention it wasn't even stated that's DF he used, it was assumed to be so.
Gajeel's level of magic power is above Wendy's for sure.

As far as skill is concerned, I'd say this relates to how much like a dragon the slayers have become. Gajeel got transportation illness before Wendy (a rare win for him, and this has been used as a progress aspect for slayers, and was defined a little more in the Irene flashback). His senses were shown to have increased over the time-skip, similar to how Natsu did (Natsu heard some bad guy in Avatar Arc, Gajeel was able to eavesdrop under the guild). He's below Natsu but certainly above Wendy. The only missing link was using the iron to trigger DF. Unlike Natsu and Wendy previously, Gajeel is a more advanced slayer right now, so I think it's totally reasonable to assume he uses DF.

It was very much implied in the manga that Gajeel went used the force. Moreover his physiology was quite dragon-like. It's hard to argue against that imo.

Also the FDK spells are separate from Igneel's power.
This is true, though FDK spells do come from Igneel's flames, in all likelihood the same way he acquired LFD.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
@Brandish i'll have to disagree.
Gajeel sure has enough power to access DF in comparison to the other DS, and has had access to an external source. However, all of this was also true during GMG for instance, when he was stronger than both Sting and Rogue, was more or less equal to Natsu, and ate Rogue's shadow. Despite having all the prerequisite to DF he never unlocked it. In the fight against Bradman he accessed yet another power-up by eating MBPs, and even stated he never unlocked DF but stopped caring about it. That shows that Gajeel is fine with not having DF as long as he has the power to protect the ones he loves.
And it's not comparable to "Natsu doesn't have FDK spells coz Igneel's power is gone". Natsu has had FDK spells before, whereas Gajeel never had DF and even stated that it didnt matter anymore.

It was very much implied in the manga that Gajeel went used the force. Moreover his physiology was quite dragon-like. It's hard to argue against that imo.
That is hard to argue against it because this is very subjective. I actually think that it was implied in the manga that it was not DF. Plus, throughout the manga Gajeel unlocked a lot of different forms due to power-ups coming from eaten elements, and the form he used against Bradman was no different from them. This is all a matter of point of view, as it was not explicitly said to be DF. Which imo is also a reason to believe it was not, since everytime DF was used by a DS it was stated a lot, by narrator or by the enemy.

It would be very reasonable and logical that Gajeel had DF, but he never used it prior to Bradman, and imho what he sued against Bradman still wasn't DF. I guess we'll have to wait for a clear statement in the manga to know for sure.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I don't have a problem with it being dragon force. For me the mere presence of dragon-like features is enough to qualify it as such. However, strictly speaking, the form was called kurogane (black iron). The point you bring up about Natsu and Wendy in Gajeel's flashback is a good one, and does indeed imply that Gajeel was using dragon force.

Whether or not it was dragon force doesn't do much to change my opinion on Gajeel passing this round though. I am of the opinion that Bloodman's particles didn't provide a major boost to Gajeel's power. There was neither a huge amount of ethernano in the particles, nor was it a large amount of iron. In fact, it was the opposite. The particles were eating away at ethernano, and stated to be a very small amount of iron. The particles merely allowed him to effect Bloodman's particles. If Gajeel enters dragon force out of his own power he would likely not have this property, but still retain the same level of power. I think Gajeel would be able to do the same amount of damage that he did to Bloodman to the average Spriggan, more or less.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

But unless he's shown it, there's no reason to go with him having Dragon Force. It's not fair to assume that, especially if we don't do the same with others.

On a different topic, Jacob is underrated. He would have likely beaten Natsu if it weren't for Lucy being "slutty" and Makarov throwing Natsu and Jacob out. Seems he had to get plotsu weak to be beaten so quickly.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
But unless he's shown it, there's no reason to go with him having Dragon Force. It's not fair to assume that, especially if we don't do the same with others.

On a different topic, Jacob is underrated. He would have likely beaten Natsu if it weren't for Lucy being "slutty" and Makarov throwing Natsu and Jacob out. Seems he had to get plotsu weak to be beaten so quickly.
The thing is, Invel can insta freeze Jacob as fast as Jacob can Transport Invel. It is always difficult to deal with op hax.
At least there's no woman in this group. Jacob would have been a goner :no

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
u know whats funny second gen DS has always been Superior to 1st and 3rd not until natsu went DF against zeref is when finally that cycle broke. but i do think that was DF from gajeel or else we would have known plus its a temporary power up logically speaking he should have it but he has to show it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

he also has hunger and sleep he can pretty much no diff any1
Hunger couldn't even take out a cat, and RIP couldn't even take out a dude with magical exhaustion. Not seeing the effectiveness of either of those spells when they were both overpowered easily.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Hunger couldn't even take out a cat,
To be fair to Larcade, Exceeds have never been consistent power wise, one only needs look at Happy surviving a city busting explosion or pulling back a bloodlusted IgNatsu.
and RIP couldn't even take out a dude with magical exhaustion..
Magical exhaustion and the like doesn't seem to affect it, at least not majorly, since Natsu was basically affected exactly the same as Rogue.

Pheromone

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Some hax magic going on. Unfortunate for Gajeel here, while I can give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he can activate DF at will, I don't see him making the top four in the slightest.

Zeref requires little to no explanation.
Larcade's RIP, Hunger, and Pleasure is capable of wiping out everyone bar Wahl, and perhaps hinder Zeref in some way.
Invel's Ice Slave and instant freeze give him a heavy advantage, moreso because they are incredibly fast spells.
Jacob's Assassination Magic prevents him from being properly attacked without a light source (Which Larcade has, and can negate his power with), and his Transport whisks away opponents with a simple clap.

Right off the bat, CQC-heavy users stand little chance against this cast who can easily use their own magic to render their combat skills ineffective. Elfman would be out of this almost as soon as this begins. Gajeel, Wahl and Ajeel all last slightly longer but eventually fall, simply do the nature of Invel's, Jacob's, and Larcade's overpowering magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.