Quarterfinal - Holo vs Hinata Hyuuga | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Holo vs Hinata Hyuuga

Who wins?

• Holo

• Hinata Hyuuga

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Means more people voted for Hinata because fuck FT, even though Hinata has haters as well.
But Erza is one of the main reasons why Fairy Tail is hated in the first place.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Well, half of the posts (or even more) I read that were supporting Hinata said that they voted her because they dont know Holo, if someone is taking advantage of popularity its clearly Hinata :heh
Who knows, we can't ignore silent voters :heh

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Should I release the big guns already or wait a little longer and let people decide? This wars dont only mean salt but strategy aswell. :kappa
Most people voted already perhaps, so maybe not. It's still concerning that Hinata could win though :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
She's got a bit more than that...

Don't fight the furry. Embrace the Furry.:D
Interesting you picked a clip with german subs :hee

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Let's be realistic, no one would see a waifu in Hinata if Sakura wasn't a complete disaster. That and Naruto being a popular series keep this close.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Furry is defined by an animal character with human characteristics. You can can split hairs about what the definition applies to (see what I did there :cheez)or shed your denial and accept that Holo's tail is cute.
Don't misunderstand. Holo's tail is definitely a plus for me, I have been saying this to @Erinyes during this whole tournament. But her animal features are minor enough. Your definition is correct but basic, there is a scale for this.

So, I don't consider myself a furry, but I could be one :kappa. I don't know how Holo's appearance would have affected me if her human form was more beast-like.

Should I release the big guns already or wait a little longer and let people decide? This wars dont only mean salt but strategy aswell. :kappa
Release them now. People underestimated Hinata twice and lost. She is still the most beloved female character of Naruto despite the vocal haters. If Holo loses you will regret this.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Let's be realistic, no one would see a waifu in Hinata if Sakura wasn't a complete disaster. That and Naruto being a popular series keep this close.
I don't think so. Sakura is a disaster and yet she has several fans but maybe Hinata would have not been the fan favorite.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Most people voted already perhaps, so maybe not. It's still concerning that Hinata could win though :XD
Release them now. People underestimated Hinata twice and lost. She is still the most beloved female character of Naruto despite the vocal haters. If Holo loses you will regret this.
I know I may regret this but I'll stick to talk, the time for a big wall passed already. The points for both waifus and which one excels the other were explained enough in this round so I'll save material or else an hypothetical next match might be too hard. Moreover, Hinata's silent voters will also stick to her regardless of my effort due to popularity.

So I'll hope people recognizes Holo's value. Is it the right thing to do? I'll never know the answer myself.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
That's not true. A LOT of people were hating on Hinata as well, and many defended her and brought reasons to promote her instead of bashing Erza. Erza even got votes from the ones that wanted her to move on to face Holo *cough* me *cough*
Maybe Naruto is just more mainstream than Fairy Tail and will have a bigger share of fans '-' Hinata did beat Juvia as well.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Talking about how much screentime this A char has got is irrelevant imho. So do I have to nominate a main char? Hinata is a supporting char. We are not talking about a 3d human, we are talking about 2d char. A 2d char especially whose role is support doesnt have a complete story in their life, at least what we have seen/read. If a supporting char doesnt have a chance, then poor all those supporting chars out there...

We are not only considering Hinata in the main manga. The rules of this event says "the source doesnt matter. You can nominate a manga char, anime, novel etc as long as it's 2d". We can consider Hinata in The Last movie too.

So far no one is denying that Hinata is a good waifu. It is just Holo is more popular. :)

@Lambu hello Lambu-san. Of course lakhan's post wont convinve you. Holo is your waifu :heh

@Darky her eyes are useful. She has Byakugan, eyes that can see through things. Just imagine when you forget where you put your keys, she can happily help you with her eyes. :)
I nominated a supporting character but her personality was present. Supporting characters are sometimes better than mains. What are Hinata's goals? What are her fears? What motivates her? What does she do in her spare time? I've only seen snippets of Naruto and I can tell you I know nothing about Hinata. :s

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I don't think so. Sakura is a disaster and yet she has several fans but maybe Hinata would have not been the fan favorite.
I really think, if Sakura wasn't disastrous, Kishimoto would be pushing for Naruto x Sakura instead. That'd also perhaps change the ending Sasuke got within the village.
And if Naruto x Sakura became a thing, Hinata would have showed even less in the story, even though she already showed minimal.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Havent voted yet, can't decide, both seems interesting candidates for waifu, know only hinata though,( who contrary to most of you, i like, and i still don't understand why people hate her so much but well) but based on the whole Holo campaign, im sure Holo's's an absolutely great char and you even make me want to watch this anime ♥)

But im still being irked by the animal features fact, it's still a wafu contest we're supposed to chose the most suitable waifu and really again are sure you want to love, live and have in your bed an hybrid lady with a such a big tail, imo it really makes me uneasy, tbh... and what if you have some wolf-child

You know you secretly love that tail. Everyone praises it when they see it.

amit-monsterman999

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, actually she cannot supress her "wolf features", only her daughter can do that because of her "hybrid" condition.

And about the furry talk, yes, she is a furry, very mild stuff but furry anyways. Loving or hating her tail and ears is up to you. :p

Yes, it seriously made me consider to truly go all out and release my upper hand, Hinata has been a tough entry without making much noise and shouldn't be underestimated :hmm

Well, half of the posts (or even more) I read that were supporting Hinata said that they voted her because they dont know Holo, if someone is taking advantage of popularity its clearly Hinata :heh

About the second thing, well...

:derp

when did Holo have a daughter I don't recall in the anime if Lawrence and Holo did marry if at all. In which chapter or novel was it they married and have kids and whats the current situation of Holo like now ?

Never mind looked at wiki and found my answer myself so they do have a kid together wow so she is waifu material

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
But Erza is one of the main reasons why Fairy Tail is hated in the first place.
I don't understand what the point of this is. I never said Hinata doesn't have haters, this thread shows she does. The hate isn't as strong as Erza's though.
That's not true. A LOT of people were hating on Hinata as well, and many defended her and brought reasons to promote her instead of bashing Erza. Erza even got votes from the ones that wanted her to move on to face Holo *cough* me *cough*
Maybe Naruto is just more mainstream than Fairy Tail and will have a bigger share of fans '-' Hinata did beat Juvia as well.
I think it's also more because FT girls are more hated. Tons of posts here have been us hating on FT and voting for the other. I mean, at least a lot of votes against Hinata seems to stem more from her being lesser than a secondary character and not as important as opposed to the hatred.

amit-monsterman999

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't understand what the point of this is. I never said Hinata doesn't have haters, this thread shows she does. The hate isn't as strong as Erza's though.

I think it's also more because FT girls are more hated. Tons of posts here have been us hating on FT and voting for the other. I mean, at least a lot of votes against Hinata seems to stem more from her being lesser than a secondary character and not as important as opposed to the hatred.
yes people hate FT/Fairy Tail for the story NOT the girls or characters.
In the case of Naruto the story was not as good but the characters were still strong except for hinata who was not relevant to the story at all. As for FT the story at the end of the manga is bad but the FT girls are still loved and enjoyed the story isn't. Also there role and importance in the entire FT story isn't dminshed especially at the beginning arcs all the FT girls played pivotal roles. As for hinata I believe that was not the case except for the Chunnin exam arc.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State

The point of it is that hate will and should be a part of the game, I'm not sure why you're dismissing it as though it's a cheap reason for losing. I understand how that can be unfair in Mirajane's case, but Erza and Natsu of all a FT characters aren't unfairly affected by the FT hate because they practically birthed it. No offence to their fans. It's fine to like a largely hated character, hence my avatar and sig. But it's also fine to hate them if you can back it up.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It's just annoying because it is obvious the bias being acted upon by some people. Most people just hate FT just to hate it. They'll make shallow claims sometimes, but that's about it.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well FT is out of the comp so we don't need to worry about that.

Just join together and obliterate the eyesore that is Hinata.

I hate her since she stomped my waify. Hell hath no fury like a husbando scorned. As a character I would forget her if it wasn't for forced romance :8C

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Lak-chan, Jesus is calling for you to write the new bible, he wants to set a new record this time.
:huh: But I m not pure enough to write tht holy book.

You guys saying that Hinata scares you...
But the other girl is Holo... Are you guys into zoophilia?

I nominated a supporting character but her personality was present. Supporting characters are sometimes better than mains. What are Hinata's goals? What are her fears? What motivates her? What does she do in her spare time? I've only seen snippets of Naruto and I can tell you I know nothing about Hinata. :s
1-Her goal was to be an independent person and overcome her weakness of being timid and get to the stature where she can walk besides Naruto as equal. She also wanted to eliminate tht hate betn mains and branch families and make things alright with NEJI.
2- She fears /ed a lot of things. The Team 10 disbanding possibility, losing her sister, the very fundamental basic of confrontation, the fear to hurt others etc
3- The motivation tht Naruto who was regarded as failure made his way up with his constant not giving up attitude and she was inspired from him as she shared same fate there with her being labelled as incapable and failure too.
4- :hurrShe makes scarfs, used to play with her sister HANABI, went around looking at village without informing etc. Now, she visits the NEJI's grave, teaches HIMAWARI things, goes to market to buy things , goes to her father's house, and also takes care of his son BORUTO.

There is a lot to her shown in many diverse mediums.

Status
Not open for further replies.