Discussion - How will you rank the Categorical Stats? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How will you rank the Categorical Stats?

What is the most important stat?

• Technique

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stamina

• Mental

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Speed

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So, as we all know we have stats categories:

Power, Speed, Stamina, Mental ,Technique

How will you rank these 5 categories from most important to least important?

I always thought Technique should be #1. Cause of obvious reasons. However, Tohno has the highest technique among G10. But he is arguably the second weakest G10 member.

I am not a Speed Guy tbh. So what if you are fast? You are just like Kamio or that speedster of Shinten. (Is it Kenya?)

Mental is important. But only in pressured type situations, so it is kinda conditional

Stamina is a need to last 3 sets, and maintain your techniques

HOT TAKE:

But I think Power is arguably the most important category. Imagine if you have the craziest techniques of the world, but your power is weak. Lol

I also notice that All Top Hsers in relevant Countries have The Same or Higher Power Stat than Ishida Gin.

Gin is the best Power Player back in POT with his 108th style Hadokyou. Kawamura only beat him by luck.

Now, his power is just a Normal Base for a considered Quality Top Hser Nowadays.

But, I am still biased on technqiue. Lol

So, I will go with

1. Technique

2. Power

3. Stamina

4. Mental

5. Speed (Least Important imo)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I actually calculated this once (using my own interpretations of Byoudouin and Oni, who have a 10 in Mental and Power respectively which may screw results a bit):

NameTotalGradeStyleSpeedPowerStaminaMentalTechniqueTotal
Average Player19.39.83All Rounder3.63.83.64.04.219.3
Average HSer22.711.64All Rounder4.34.64.35.04.622.7
Average MSer16.68.65All Rounder3.23.33.23.33.716.6
Average G-1027.510.36All Rounder5.35.65.06.05.627.5

G-10 is using Kaji as Number 4. Tokugawa has balanced stats so omitting him doesn't really change anything.

Stamina is seemingly the least valuable stat for Japan, which kinda makes sense since the Japanese players kill themselves when they play and rotate a lot, so they can sacrifice it. In a singles tournament this would likely be different.

Mental can be used as a Stamina "replacement" in defense, can be used to score, and lets you handle high pressure situations (and maybe even play better in them) so imo it's the best stat. On top of that, it's kinda how Byoudouin beat the best player in the world. Also keep in mind I'm using Ohmagari in this G-10 calculation who should tank the value a bit with his 3, and I'm not using Irie who has a 7 there.

The MSers are a golden generation filled with tensais, but they are obviously smaller than the HSers and have weaker physiques, so it stands to reason that Technique is the best stat they have.

And yes All Rounder is the most common style.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

With that in mind, for a single match I'll probably go with:

1. Mental
2. Technique
3. Speed/Power (having low Speed is much worse than having low Power and it's better for defending, but for scoring having high Power seems better than high Speed)
5. Stamina

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I actually calculated this once (using my own interpretations of Byoudouin and Oni, who have a 10 in Mental and Power respectively which may screw results a bit):

G-10 is using Kaji as Number 4. Tokugawa has balanced stats so omitting him doesn't really change anything.

Stamina is seemingly the least valuable stat for Japan, which kinda makes sense since the Japanese players kill themselves when they play and rotate a lot, so they can sacrifice it. In a singles tournament this would likely be different.

Mental can be used as a Stamina "replacement" in defense, can be used to score, and lets you handle high pressure situations (and maybe even play better in them) so imo it's the best stat. On top of that, it's kinda how Byoudouin beat the best player in the world. Also keep in mind I'm using Ohmagari in this G-10 calculation who should tank the value a bit with his 3, and I'm not using Irie who has a 7 there.

The MSers are a golden generation filled with tensais, but they are obviously smaller than the HSers and have weaker physiques, so it stands to reason that Technique is the best stat they have.

1. Mental
2. Technique
3. Speed/Power (having low Speed is much worse than having low Power and it's better for defending, but for scoring having high Power seems better than high Speed)
5. Stamina
Hmmm. So with that, then Ohmagari is really the weakest G10 Member. Because he is only relatively good in Stamina. But terrible in Mental. His Strength, Speed, and Power are not exceltional either.

Power VS Speed.

I will go with Power. Byodoin, Oni, and Duke are not so Fast because of their hefty sizes. But their power is more than enough to compensate.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Hmmm. So with that, then Ohmagari is really the weakest G10 Member. Because he is only relatively good in Stamina. But terrible in Mental. His Strength, Speed, and Power are not exceltional either.

Power VS Speed.

I will go with Power. Byodoin, Oni, and Duke are not so Fast because of their hefty sizes. But their power is more than enough to compensate.
Volk is the best player in the world and his best stats seem to be Speed and Stamina, though. It's all relative.

Ohmagari has a lot of tools in his arsenal to compensate for his lack of Mental, as long as it's not challenged and he needs to change his approach he should be fine. Note that he has a 3 there and yet he is above Kimijima who has a 7 in Mental, he beats him in 3 other stats.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Volk is the best player in the world and his best stats seem to be Speed and Stamina, though. It's all relative.

Ohmagari has a lot of tools in his arsenal to compensate for his lack of Mental, as long as it's not challenged and he needs to change his approach he should be fine. Note that he has a 3 there and yet he is above Kimijima who has a 7 in Mental, he beats him in 3 other stats.
I think Volk have high stats in all categories. Hehe. I think he has the highest mental strength among Germans. His technique is so high he can howling by Himself. LMAO.
His Power seems very strong too.

I am not sure His Speed outclasses his Power. Or His Stamina Outclasses his technique.

Ohmagari on the other hand have a 4 points gap between Stamina and Mental.

I mean Ohmagari was mentioned to be carried by Tanegashima to #6. So I am not sure how can I quantify his #6 ranking when he was only carried to be there. (According to himself)

But anyways,

I still think speed is the least important.

What is the use of speed?

I guess you can cover bigger range?

And when we say speed, we are talking about the speed of your body right? Not the speed of the ball you just shot using your tennis racket?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I think Volk have high stats in all categories. Hehe. I think he has the highest mental strength among Germans. His technique is so high he can howling by Himself. LMAO.
His Power seems very strong too.

I am not sure His Speed outclasses his Power. Or His Stamina Outclasses his technique.

Ohmagari on the other hand have a 4 points gap between Stamina and Mental.

I mean Ohmagari was mentioned to be carried by Tanegashima to #6. So I am not sure how can I quantify his #6 ranking when he was only carried to be there. (According to himself)

But anyways,

I still think speed is the least important.

What is the use of speed?

I guess you can cover bigger range?

And when we say speed, we are talking about the speed of your body right? Not the speed of the ball you just shot using your tennis racket?
Volk didn't sweat at all against Byoudouin until 3-3 in the second set. He TRAINS running marathons. His Stamina is absurd.

In 349 his Speed was so high that he had 7 clones on the court and said he would return everything. His Power/Technique is what failed him since Byoudouin broke the gut of his racket.

Basically his combination of Speed and Stamina lets him have the best defense in the world.

Speed allows you to have better reflexes, quicker decisions and cover more ground yes (it's how Shiraishi and Kirihara kept up with TnK! Kin and TnK! Siegfried respectively). It also allows you to increase the pace of a rally and win points that way (Ryoma's net play, Kirihara's Speed Play, Shiraishi making his swing faster by removing his gauntlet, Kenya scoring past Shiraishi despite being in different tiers, etc).

Not the speed of the ball, no. Kimijima's Speed mentions the Speed of his serve but I think it's an exception.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Going back to Oni having 10 in Power.

If he have 10 in power, why the hell is UA QP destroying his wrists?

Also, UA Qp destroyed him 6 straight games without giving a single point?

Does that mean

UA gives QP a boost in all stats? Like 8 or 9 in all 5 stats? 🤔

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Going back to Oni having 10 in Power.

If he have 10 in power, why the hell is UA QP destroying his wrists?

Also, UA Qp destroyed him 6 straight games without giving a single point?

Does that mean

UA gives QP a boost in all stats? Like 8 or 9 in all 5 stats? 🤔
I think he only has a 10 when going all out with Ki Jin, otherwise it's a 7. Usually auras aren't added to stats, but note that no profile lists Ki Jins as Skills nor anything like that. Tachibana's stats may follow this logic, too, since his aura isn't listed either.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think he only has a 10 when going all out with Ki Jin, otherwise it's a 7. Usually auras aren't added to stats, but note that no profile lists Ki Jins as Skills nor anything like that. Tachibana's stats may follow this logic, too, since his aura isn't listed either.
I wonder if there are players who have an 8 or 9 stat in their Base Form.

Maybe Medanore and Ryoga if they will live up to their hypes.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I wonder if there are players who have an 8 or 9 stat in their Base Form.

Maybe Medanore and Ryoga if they will live up to their hypes.
Volk does in stamina, Byodouin in technique without using his pirate Kijin.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
As expected, People will select Technique. Hehe

As expected, People will select Technique. Hehe
We can compare Japanese Hsers and Japanese Msers Technique Stats

HSERS:

Technique

Byodouin - 7
Tanegashima - 6
Duke - 5
Tokugawa - 4.5
Oni - ? (Kaji - 5)
Irie - 6
Ohmagari - 6
Kimijama - 5
Tohno - 7
Ochi - 4
Mouri - 5

MSERS

Technique

Tezuka - 6 (Ok, I know he plays for Germany now, but still noteworthy to compare to)
Atobe - 6
Yukimura - 6
Ryoma - 5
Fuji - 5
Sanada - 5
Kintarou - 5
Shiraishi - 4

The comparison above clearly tells that Msers is as skilled as the Hsers in terms of technique (With the exception of Byodoin abd Tohno who have both 7 in Technique)

Hsers have better stamina and power in general because maybe they are older and bigger?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

1. Mental
2. Technique
5. Stamina
For Fun I wonder who are the top players in each categories.

My Speculation:

1. Stamina - Volk, Romeo (Infinite Reset)

2. Power - Duke, Albert

3. Mental - Byoudouin,

4. Speed - Volk

5. Technique - Medanore, Ryoga,