Hangout - Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02] | Page 114 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If this HxH fighting game doesn't have

then can it REALLY be called an HxH fighting game?

People who think Leorio "can't fight" seem to forget that
Leorio grew up in the slums of Brazil with Monkey D Luffy.
The man can throw hands. He's just slow at learning nen.

Also the panel technically says flick (as in flicking open the knife).
But I choose to believe it's Hisoka speaking off panel
realizing he just messed with the wrong doctor with a PhD

FOR PAIN!

Something interesting that someone found..
apparently in the 2011 series Leorio and Binolt come from the same slum

Am I the only one who wants a Leorio flashback mini arc?
He's a character who can't be ignored, but they'll have to come up with original moves for him if it's a classic 2D game. In Jump Force(arena fighter) he's not included but Hisoka, Biscuit and Meruem are playable.

He's not even slow at learning Nn. It wasn't his focus.

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He's a character who can't be ignored, but they'll have to come up with original moves for him if it's a classic 2D game. In Jump Force(arena fighter) he's not included but Hisoka, Biscuit and Meruem are playable.

He's not even slow at learning Nn. It wasn't his focus.
Agreed they would need to come up with original moves.

However I feel like if you use what we do know about Leorio from the manga and anime we can somewhat infer a fighting style.
Obviously it's going to take a bit of creativity but well I expect video game developers to be creative.

The only reason to not have Leorio is if Togashi tells them not to in the case he plans for a Leorio Flashback Arc in the manga.

You're right that Leorio actually isn't slow at learning nen. I was comparing his progress to Gon and Killua but that is probably a bad comparison.

I think a Leorio flashback arc has a pretty decent chance of happening in the manga (provided of course Togashi is able to continue and I'm not gonna lie I'm kind of worried about that. I mean if Togashi ends up retiring early it's understandable but at the same time because I believe that there is no bigger fan of
Hunter x Hunter than Togashi himself for him to not be able to draw anymore well as an artist I think would be a pretty terrifying thought.)

I think how a Leorio flashback arc could be triggered is if Kurapika's ability leads to him collapsing again and is hospitalized and we see Leorio in the ER.
Of course this would be traumatic for Leorio but I feel like Cheadle is the type who would push Leorio to not quit for his own sake of becoming a doctor.
I think it would be a good inverse of Leorio losing his friend who couldn't afford the surgery and/or treatement but instead this time Leorio is the doctor
(actually I think Leorio would be considered a resident doctor in such a scenario. ) So I think a flashback would feel pretty natural right here.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
We don't need a flashback, he is involved in the arc but didn't get to shine yet. Since we don't know the release date, it's possible to see more of Leorio's abilities before that indeed. That would be nice.

But even if we don't get that, I don't believe that Togashi has the power to stop them from including him.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
We don't need a flashback, he is involved in the arc but didn't get to shine yet. Since we don't know the release date, it's possible to see more of Leorio's abilities before that indeed. That would be nice.

But even if we don't get that, I don't believe that Togashi has the power to stop them from including him.

Well of course we don't NEED a Leorio flashback arc but we also didn't NEED a Phantom Troupe flashback arc and those were some of the best chapters yet.

I dare say a Leorio flashback arc would be just as good. Am I biased Leorio fan? Hell yes I am. But in my defense Leorio is friggin awesome.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another thing.

While the fighting game may be cool I would personally prefer a HxH Adventure RPG.

It can still have fighting but I like the idea of fighting in a party and having to coordinate nen attacks to win.

I think it would be best if it had it's own storyline that worked parallel to the manga and anime storyline rather than follow it exactly point by point.

This may be an unpopular opinion but rather than have Gon be the protagonist I would have a neutral character and 4 empty slots in your party.
Gon, Kurapika, Killua and Leorio would be in the game but would have agency. So they don't have to follow you or vice versa.

another option would be to allow you to switch protagonist with any party member the catch would be the 4 players in your team

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It'll be a 3 VS 3 after all.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
It'll be a 3 VS 3 after all.

I think this could either be a really good idea but it needs to be balanced well with the tactics and action.

Though I would like to see future HxH games where the fighting isn't necessarily limited to one static location.

IMHO I think what makes HxH fights interesting is the "hunting".

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I didn't comment back in November, but hopefully you guys enjoyed our translation of Togashi's Q&A. :thumbs

The next stage play is in March (16-31), so maybe we'll at least get another illustration from him.

But yeah, it's been almost a year since he tweeted that 401 is done, and it's just been sitting there. Hoping for something this year, but we all know the motto: you can't be disappointed if you expect nothing. :P

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But yeah, it's been almost a year since he tweeted that 401 is done, and it's just been sitting there.
I choose to believe that what he finished wasn't chapter 401... it's VOLUME 401.
Prepare for the flood! :kappa

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He posted "Start Over" October 1st. If you want to be very optimistic, you could imagine that he can draw one page per day again. That makes 154 pages!

Reduce it to 140 or a bit less for days when his health is worse, he is too tired or when he wants to correct certain things.

I don't mind the lack of news too much but considering the way he works now, it's better to think that the longer we wait, the more chapters we'll get once he returns.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Reduce it to 140 or a bit less for days when his health is worse, he is too tired or when he wants to correct certain things.

I don't mind the lack of news too much but considering the way he works now, it's better to think that the longer we wait, the more chapters we'll get once he returns.
You are being waaaaay too optimistic. I would say planning and thinking do take at least one day. And then 5 days per page. I would say one page per week is a better approximation given his health.

And yes, I prefer to have more chapters in one go and then just wait rather than have tidbits now and then. More if we take into account how complicated in terms of characters this arc is.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I was not expecting to cry over this, but here I am. And I just can't stop. And every message I read about his legacy hurts.

Sensei Toriyama you changed the world. Thanks.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
We weren't sure if this had already been translated before, but here's Togashi's message that went along with his illustration of Goku for the 30th anniversary (both of which are in the book that he's holding in the pics above).

"Congratulations on the 30th anniversary! The other day, when I was rereading it, rock-paper-scissors appeared, and I broke out in a cold sweat. For a forgetful person like me, interesting works are a treasure. Because they're always interesting no matter how many times you read them. There is no other work that allows you to enjoy the effort of reading so much. Sensei may not have even been that keen on showing a nuanced depiction of bonds, but I cry every time I read it. When I was a rookie, just being in the same room as him was a heavenly feeling. That's creepy, sorry. In the end, I just want to thank you.

Toriyama-sensei, thank you so much for creating such an amazing work!"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Togashi and Takeuchi sending flowers for the start of the new stage play. It seems there's no illustration this time, which isn't too surprising.