Fun - Hunter x Hunter Spin Off Idea Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Hunter x Hunter Spin Off Idea Thread

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What aspects of Hunter X Hunter do you think would make for a good spin off?
Also which writer or artist or studio would you like to see make such spin off?

I would want a Greed Island spin off
specifically with Genthru before his betrayal.

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
What aspects of Hunter X Hunter do you think would make for a good spin off?
Also which writer or artist or studio would you like to see make such spin off?

I would want a Greed Island spin off
specifically with Genthru before his betrayal.
Well the question is: who is able to make it? This one is depends whoever close to him

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Don Freecs and anything related to the dark continent. But i guess we'll get that sooner or later.
Netero young adventures could be fun as well

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don Freecs and anything related to the dark continent. But i guess we'll get that sooner or later.
Netero young adventures could be fun as well
I am interested in all that too but I feel like would be something we could likely see in the main series. Especially once we get to the DC.

I am mostly talking about stuff that is unlikely for Togashi to write but could be fun if another author did say a light novel or something and it got Togashi’s approval.

it doesn’t need to be important to the main story at all.

it could be something like Koala dude when he was a hit man.

or the Zany adventures of Zepile
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well the question is: who is able to make it? This one is depends whoever close to him
Well this is by no means a realistic choice but even so besides Togashi my top choice for someone to make a Genthru Greed Island flashback series is the legendary
Kazuki Takahashi creator of Yugioh

and I am 100% serious on that.
Togashi’s cruel puzzle style is very reminiscent of early Yugioh and it would hardly be a surprise if Takahashi inspired Togashi

I would be really interested to see what Takahashi would do without having to hold bank or make it kid friendly

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well this is by no means a realistic choice but even so besides Togashi my top choice for someone to make a Genthru Greed Island flashback series is the legendary
Kazuki Takahashi creator of Yugioh

and I am 100% serious on that.
Togashi’s cruel puzzle style is very reminiscent of early Yugioh and it would hardly be a surprise if Takahashi inspired Togashi

I would be really interested to see what Takahashi would do without having to hold bank or make it kid friendly
From his interview with Kishimoto:

I assume it ended up being Akuten Wars (raws; art by Hachi Mizuno) since it came out about a year after that interview.

edit: I was hoping that AK would go somewhere, but I guess it was just a one-off thing. Hachi's illustrations on instagram are cool and all, but I really like his manga art and Togashi not having to worry about that part is definitely a positive.

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Spinoff about Pariston's youth until he met Netero.

Pariston lives in a wartorn country, two nations that kill each other since forever in a bloody stalemate. His foster father is a general, he and his brother are brought up to be soldiers. His real mother was the general's sister, but she was insane and tried to kill pariston at birth, so pariston got taken away.

Pariston gets raised as a soldier. While he is not openly disobedient, early on he tries for wriggle room in this severely rigid and controlling system. He plays games, but he respects his father because like netero, his father is the only one who can really play with pariston.

The blindspot of his father is that he really is a good man who loves his family. He notices something is off about heavy sabotage, people defecting and so on, and while he is able to properly combat it, he does not suspect it to be pariston who is responsible for it. That makes Pariston ever angrier. He wants to be seen by his father and wants his father to really react to him. He wants to see what his father would do once he really pushes him over the edge.

Some day, Pariston has enough and to get a proper reaction, he creates a situation where the general's wife (his foster mother) dies. He is thrilled to see what the general will do. Pariston framed it like it were foreign agents. Will he lead an all out war? Will he finally see it was pariston's doing? But instead of doing something extreme, the general just breaks down in tears and sobs in front of pariston, trying to have a genuine moment of grief with his son. The general is out cold and does not even know why he is fighting anymore.

Pariston is thrown into a deep crisis by that. Its like his father just abandoned him. How can he just stop? The last person that could play with pariston is left as a sobbing mess and Pariston is completely empty and devoid of any relief for his boredom.

He lashes out more and more and just lets the war escalate in the pursuit of ever more chaos to find something to play with, until finally V5 steps in along with the hunters org to cease the situation. At a peace meeting, pariston has an easy time negotiating freedom for himself so he can just leave the region and do whatever he wants. Nobody suspects that he was the mainculprit for the all out escalation of the battle, except netero.

Netero confront him about it, in a nice way. He lets pariston know he knows what he did and belittles him in a teasing way about leaving tracks. Pariston is thrilled by that old man. Netero asks him to take the hunter's exam if he wants to continue that conversation some day, pariston says he will.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Spinoff about Pariston's youth until he met Netero.

Pariston lives in a wartorn country, two nations that kill each other since forever in a bloody stalemate. His foster father is a general, he and his brother are brought up to be soldiers. His real mother was the general's sister, but she was insane and tried to kill pariston at birth, so pariston got taken away.

Pariston gets raised as a soldier. While he is not openly disobedient, early on he tries for wriggle room in this severely rigid and controlling system. He plays games, but he respects his father because like netero, his father is the only one who can really play with pariston.

The blindspot of his father is that he really is a good man who loves his family. He notices something is off about heavy sabotage, people defecting and so on, and while he is able to properly combat it, he does not suspect it to be pariston who is responsible for it. That makes Pariston ever angrier. He wants to be seen by his father and wants his father to really react to him. He wants to see what his father would do once he really pushes him over the edge.

Some day, Pariston has enough and to get a proper reaction, he creates a situation where the general's wife (his foster mother) dies. He is thrilled to see what the general will do. Pariston framed it like it were foreign agents. Will he lead an all out war? Will he finally see it was pariston's doing? But instead of doing something extreme, the general just breaks down in tears and sobs in front of pariston, trying to have a genuine moment of grief with his son. The general is out cold and does not even know why he is fighting anymore.

Pariston is thrown into a deep crisis by that. Its like his father just abandoned him. How can he just stop? The last person that could play with pariston is left as a sobbing mess and Pariston is completely empty and devoid of any relief for his boredom.

He lashes out more and more and just lets the war escalate in the pursuit of ever more chaos to find something to play with, until finally V5 steps in along with the hunters org to cease the situation. At a peace meeting, pariston has an easy time negotiating freedom for himself so he can just leave the region and do whatever he wants. Nobody suspects that he was the mainculprit for the all out escalation of the battle, except netero.

Netero confront him about it, in a nice way. He lets pariston know he knows what he did and belittles him in a teasing way about leaving tracks. Pariston is thrilled by that old man. Netero asks him to take the hunter's exam if he wants to continue that conversation some day, pariston says he will.
TAKE MY MONEY 💰

This would make for a sick light novel.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
TAKE MY MONEY 💰

This would make for a sick light novel.
I hope to create it at some point when i am financially stable, but that takes time sadly :p But i am glad at least the premise is good.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Honestly, I would read any sh!t about HxH, I'm starving at this point.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
True. It's been way too long.

Though that gave me an idea for another thread...

pepehands

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cant tell if the mangaka is just having a hard time to know what to do with his story anymore. Got to do something with Hisoka or Kurapika, what role is phantom troupe having, the family rivalry thing going, role of Neteros son and Zodiacs current or former, expectations of the dark continent, story of Don Freecs which who I assume was also a collegue of Maha Zoldyck, Gon and Killuas role in it?