Fun - If _________ wrote Hunter x Hunter | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun If _________ wrote Hunter x Hunter

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Tite Kubo wrote Hunter x Hunter then we would never forget anyone's last names.

"I challenge you to a duel, Gon Freecss"

"I accept your challenge, Hisoka Spaghiaghellotoccomochino!"

your turn! :derp

(Must use a different mangaka)

Chrollo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
If Kishimoto wrote HxH, you'd get Naruto

If Oda wrote HxH, all arcs would follow the same format of one storyline, Heavens arena would end in with Hisoka's defeat, after he reveals that he wants to take over Heavens Arena, Coco betrays gon but it turns out she only had to because she was ordered by Hisoka, Gon saves her. And then everyone cheers for their savior and hero. Then they get a party, and leave.
In Yorknew, each character would face a troupe member, engaging them in some of the most generic fights, and Gon ofc would face chrollo. Senritsu betrays them, turns out she has to, Gon frees her.
Of course in every arc, Gon must be wanked and must beat the strongest enemy, and there must be some sort of time-bomb going on, literally or otherwise. And the villain has to take over something and must gain power over some people
Same with every other arc :P

Toriko author: HxH is now starring Menchi and Buhara :3

Hiro: Menchi, Machi, Shizuku, Pakunoda and guest starring their boobs...who teh fak is Gon?

Kubo: Pew pew pew tatatattta fuck you hisoka backachaaaaaa vrooooom getsuga tenshouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh and Hisoka planned the whole story all along, waiting for Gon to grow...(funny how it makes more sense in a non-existent HxH fan fiction) than the canon version xD

Last edited:

heron bpv

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If Oda wrote Hunter x Hunter, there would be no character development. :cookiehand
Gon snipping? Not.
Kurapika changing for his friends? Nope.
Killua releasing himself from his brother's doctrine? Not a chance.
Leorio's streetsmarts? Of course not.
And the list goes on :derp

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know this is going to go downhill very quickly, but..

If Kishimoto wrote HXH Gon would go after Killua despite him saying he's going to hang out with his sister for a bit. He'd relentlessly go after him, despite it being very obvious that he does not want to travel with him. Oh and all the people the Spiders killed would be brought back to life. In fact, Gon would punch Chrollo, Gensuru, and Meryem and they'd all have a change of heart and see things his way. Killua would probably swear to protect his sister by killing her, oh and no one would need to learn nen since they'd all have ....that jutsu. Just...that justu.

I don't even want to think about what would happen if Sorachi were to write HXH.

If Fukuchi Tsubasa were to write HXH....it'd...be maybe slightly less dark, and a lot more straightforward.

If Ookubo were to write it...actually I'd like to see that. I'd love to see Ookubo's take on HXH. The art would be pretty wicked, though a lot of the time it wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
If Oda wrote Hunter x Hunter they would have never left the boat from episode 1.
If Kishimoto wrote Hunter x Hunter it would be the same as Naruto, because he already wrote his own Hunter x Hunter.
If Shimabakuro wrote Hunter x Hunter Buhara would be the main character.
If Tamura wrote Hunter x Hunter Gon would still be like a monster/demon inside, but also be a completely naked baby.
If Amano wrote Hunter x Hunter Gon's hair would be on fire.
If Toriyama wrote Hunter x Hunter Ging would sacrifice himself trying to kill Mereum unsuccessfully and then Gon would defeat him with Janken.
If Araki wrote Hunter x Hunter Gon wouldn't be able to go anywhere without having someone try to murder him.
If Kubo wrote Hunter x Hunter it would be absolute shit.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Kentaro Miura wrote Hunter x Hunter then the Hunter Exam would be seven volumes long and end with everyone getting raped.

...By Tonpa.

If Kishimoto wrote Hunter x Hunter...then nobody would EVER ask "When is Kurapika going to return" EVER.

If Oda wrote Hunter x Hunter then this thread would cause world war three.

If Takao Saito wrote Hunter x Hunter then every chapter would be about the Zoldyck family members being hired to kill and they would get the job EVERY time--and of course we would cheer for them...Plus they would have sideburns! XD

If Junji Ito wrote Hunter x Hunter then the sushi exam would turn into a nightmare and Gido would cause the Republic of Padaokia to be sucked into vortex

If Naoki Urasawa wrote Hunter x Hunter then some of us would be pissed that Leorio never shoots Pariston and the rest of us would be like "what did you expect?"

If Araki wrote Hunter x Hunter we would learn all about nen in volume 6...and then Gon and Hisoka would fight with Stands.

duerlin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If SIU(from ToG) wrote HxH(like he is currently writing) every fight with Gon would start with a speech like "Instead of fighting for real, let's play a game" and end with "Amazing! That boy could touch/scratch/paralyse(for 0.001s) me."

leiatte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol, this seems fun.

If Tite Kubo wrote Hunter X Hunter, we would still be in the Phantom Troupe Arc.

If Ryuhei Tamura wrote Hunter X Hunter it would have turned into a gag manga long ago, Gon would be carrying around babies and Leorio would only serve as comic relief, it would be funny though.

If Hiromu Arakawa wrote Hunter X Hunter, It would still be awesome. I dont know how different it would be but it would be awesome.

If Shimabukuro wrote Hunter X Hunter, Gon and Friends would be ripped, muscles on top of muscles. Lol, at the series would be about Buhara, I would actually like to see this.

majinjeb

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Araki wrote HxH, we would follow Ging, then Gon, then his child and so on (and it would all be fabulous). Oh yeah, 25+ years of manga and no ridiculous hiatuses.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Kazuki Takahashi wrote HxH, then everything would be settled with a children's card game, and Gon would have to have some blue/yellow/pink/orange streak in his hair.

Ging would still be an archaeologist/relic hunter.

Cinnabar

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If Takei (Shaman King) wrote Hunter x Hunter, nobody would legitimately die and dying would raise the power of their Nen. Kurapika would probably die about three times and he'll be the girl.

If Kaitani (Liar Game) wrote Hunter x Hunter, anyone who shows up for more than one arc would be highly intelligent or manipulative except for Gon, who would be completely honest and pure. Hisoka would be one of the masked guys who explains the games to the players.

If Hiromu Arakawa wrote Hunter X Hunter, It would still be awesome. I dont know how different it would be but it would be awesome.
I'd love to read her take on HxH. :zomg

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Tsughmi Ohba wrote Hunter x Hunter then Lippo would be more popular than Hisoka!

kulugo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If Oda wrote HxH then it would sell 13 million copies a year, and we wouldn't have to wait years for a chapter.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Oda wrote HxH then it would sell 13 million copies a year, and we wouldn't have to wait years for a chapter.
Quite possibly but if Oda wrote Hunter x Hunter then the battles wouldn't be as half as strategic and everyone would have an unique laugh.

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think no matter what, it wouldn't be Hunter x Hunter unless it was written by the fascinating, captivating, eccentric and genius mind of Yoshihiro Togashi. I wish I could meet Togashi one day, he seems like he would be such an interesting person to hang out with, play Dragon Quest X and discuss the intricacies of human existence and the meaning of life and death.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not sure if I should take some measure about this thread...There is so much manga bashing here but in the same it's so true.
:notsure

Last edited:

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I should take some measure about this thread...There is so much manga bashing here but in the same it's so true.
:notsure

Anyway, I change the question...How other mangas would be if Togashi would be the writer?

Is it anyone having an actual problem with the thread? If so then yeah go ahead and delete it but if not then I don't see the problem.
Though the point wasn't really to bash but more to see how HxH would be different--some just take that as a reason to bash.
But I don't think anyone here is so sensitive that they can't handle some less than positive feedback of a series they like.
Still I want to encourage people to not just say stuff like "If x wrote hxh then hxh would suck." for the sake of creativity.
Bashing is not my aim here but rather playing with tropes. See the difference?

Last edited by a moderator:

ContractHunterMEMO

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Is it anyone having an actual problem with the thread? If so then yeah go ahead and delete it but if not then I don't see the problem.
Though the point wasn't really to bash but more to see how HxH would be different--some just take that as a reason to bash.
But I don't think anyone here is so sensitive that they can't handle some less than positive feedback of a series they like.
Still I want to encourage people to not just say stuff like "If x wrote hxh then hxh would suck." for the sake of creativity.
Bashing is not my aim here but rather playing with tropes. See the difference?

But if you want to ask how other manga would be if Togashi was the writer could you do it in another thread?
I much rather you delete this thread then hijack it. Thanks.
I agree. I believe one of the reasons why people come here is to discuss how hxh deconstructs certain tropes that are all too prevalent in other manga. I'm sure other people had a good laugh about it, never actually stopped to think anyone was bashing here.