If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure. | Page 36 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The temptation to name only HxH fights is so high rn.
HxH definitely :nod
Thinking of Samurai Champloo too, the anime is old and still almost none recent ones can match that quality, the animation, the aesthetics everything is perfect and fits the music too, like a choregraphy :zomg

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The temptation to name only HxH fights is so high rn.
Which is your favorite. Link me a video if you can.

HxH definitely :nod
Thinking of Samurai Champloo too, the anime is old and still almost none recent ones can match that quality, the animation, the aesthetics everything is perfect and fits the music too, like a choregraphy :zomg

Those were great. I actually looked at those, in particular the final Sara fight but I couldn't find a good youtube clip of it with subbed dialogue. And it's not quite the same without that dialogue, since the fight itself is almost an extension of that conversation.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another one that jumped to mind for me, though it's not anime as I define it, is the final Azula fight in Avatar the Last Airbender.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Those were great. I actually looked at those, in particular the final Sara fight but I couldn't find a good youtube clip of it with subbed dialogue. And it's not quite the same without that dialogue, since the fight itself is almost an extension of that conversation.
Found this one :

Sara is such a badass, she was stronger than both Mugen & Jin while blind, but... such a sad story. Btw, Mugen shares same VA as Zoro in OP & Hijikata in Gintama :nod

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn, Samurai Champloo was good. I mean, everybody who watched it knows that but you see all those scenes from just one episode and it really drives the point home doesn't it? Or I guess that was two, but still though... damn.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I feel that Pokemon is underrated when it comes to best fights in anime, so I'll post some of my favorites :blush

Best fight IMO ^^

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been reading manga online for more than 20 years. At first I enjoyed the slow delivering (pics, spoilers, trad, raw, scan etc). But I quickly noticed that it was far more pleasurable to just read the damn thing at once. Now, its just natural. Oh, and sorry i miss-typed your pseudo earlier.

Oh, and Jammin, not only are you older than me, but you also like Skeleton, a great webtoon, good.
Yeah, Skeleton is great. The art is so good and I'm a big fan of the sort of timeloop story it's got going. Definitely one of my favorites.

I actually came to manga a bit late, my first anime was Inuyasha. Then I discovered more anime, got into the Naruto anime in a big way until the filler stuff drove me to read the manga. Then I sort of branched out from there. Now I read.. most things really and endlessly complain about Naruto's ending because I'll never be over that.

Rak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, Skeleton is great. The art is so good and I'm a big fan of the sort of timeloop story it's got going. Definitely one of my favorites.

I actually came to manga a bit late, my first anime was Inuyasha. Then I discovered more anime, got into the Naruto anime in a big way until the filler stuff drove me to read the manga. Then I sort of branched out from there. Now I read.. most things really and endlessly complain about Naruto's ending because I'll never be over that.
Okay i inadvertently noticed you quoting me here. I think I am learning the ways of this forum (althought I am here since 2007, technically).

Not only is Skeleton a great serie, but even after so much chapter, I can feel the author knows what he is doing and it will get even better.
Naruto, oh my. I read the Pilote online, i must have been 16 years old. Then i read every single chapter for so many years. I grew up with Dragon ball and Saint seiya (very famous in France), then for a few years I was not into manga at all. I think I went back to it because a friend lent me a few volumes of Yuyu hakusho haha. And here I am. A few white hairs, and still reading. I dont watch anime though, I prefer reading. Oh and Naruto ending is shit (not only the ending though).

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay i inadvertently noticed you quoting me here. I think I am learning the ways of this forum (althought I am here since 2007, technically).

Not only is Skeleton a great serie, but even after so much chapter, I can feel the author knows what he is doing and it will get even better.
Yeah, it's so well written. It's just the same thing over and over but it's always so different. And now we've got character starting to remember things. It's just great.

Now I just need to figure out how I can ship Skeleton X Harem route when the MC has no man parts. I'll figure it out.:verily

Naruto, oh my. I read the Pilote online, i must have been 16 years old. Then i read every single chapter for so many years. I grew up with Dragon ball and Saint seiya (very famous in France), then for a few years I was not into manga at all. I think I went back to it because a friend lent me a few volumes of Yuyu hakusho haha. And here I am. A few white hairs, and still reading. I dont watch anime though, I prefer reading. Oh and Naruto ending is shit (not only the ending though).
Yeah, after the Kage summit Naruto is just hot trash. Which killed me because I loved it so much.

I mean, I'm probably one of the few surviving Naruto X Sakura shippers, and definitely the last surviving fan who liked Sakura. Fortunately I cared a lot less by the time power ranger puddy armies and space aliens got involved. God that ending sucked.:feelsbadman

Rak

Reaction score
Country
France
Isaac and Skeleton's relationship is so good. Isaac is just so good a character haha.

Now, I really dont want to start a polemic, but how does a man of such good tastes like you could like such a thing as Fary Tail or Eden's Zero ? (No offense, really).

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm pretty invested in all the characters. Isaac is amazing. Now that Rena and Rubia are working togther though.. that's going to be great!

None taken. Mashima is a weird dude but I think he does the shounen thing well, he knows the formulas, and the idea of sci-fi shounen is something I enjoy. I just wish he would ease up on the bondage stuff with his female characters. But you know... Mashima is Mashima.

Rak

Reaction score
Country
France
He does know the formula okay. That is my main criticism. I think if you could put the formulas in a computer, it would give back Fairy Tail. No soul in it. But I respect each's opinion.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I'd say this. I think with Mashima he never screws up quite as badly either right? And occasionally he does deliver on interesting concepts. He's just really reliable.

Like if you had to say "Who is the best shounen Mangaka of a longrunning series?" who is it for you?

For me I think Mashima wins by default because Kishimoto, though really good up arguably until after the Pain arc, really just fell off a cliff creatively. Kubo I feel like is the best artist but as a plot writer had a lot of struggles. Oda has always been really uneven, he'll go one amazing arc for every 2 or 3 "meh" ones. Togashi is retired in everything but name. Like I don't know who takes that crown with the long running weekly series right now. I'd like to say SIU but he's had a rough couple arcs too, IMO.

Long running weekly shounen battle manga are just really hard to do and I honestly think Mashima is the best at it that I know of right now. Even if the highs aren't quite as high as like Naruto at it's peak.

• Hug
Reactions: Sky

Rak

Reaction score
Country
France
Well, I prefer just a few chapers with soul and creativity rather than a long bland thing with no bump. Naruto and Bleach are far from perfect but gave me some feels at some point. I would answer to your question that One Piece is best on the long run in my opinion (although far from perfect, and although after so many years, I dont have the feels anymore). And well, I would choose a single chapter of HxH or Berserk over a full serie of Mashima. Oh Berserk. Cry.

Fairy Tail, I read from chapter 1 to the end. I never felt the slighest thing.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Likeing One Piece better is fair. I personally don't feel that way. When he is good like the Water 7 stuff, the timeskip and reunion, or even amazon lily I like Oda's work a lot but...Dressrosa or Wano or Thriller Bark or any of those. I find those arcs to be a real slog in a way that I can't remember any Fairy Tail arc feeling. Like I'm so bored reading the Wano arc right now.

I would say that for me at least, Mashima can deliver the feels at times, like this last chapter was of EZ was really good. Dealt with a major character death. And Fairy Tail had moments I liked similarly. Tear's story I thought ended up being his best. Couple of the Erza stories too. And I really liked the Flare Charona story of all things. That said Mashima is definitely not as ambitious though. At least not usually, EZ is playing around with time and alternate universes in an interesting way but at it's core it's still classic shounen adventure.

Berserk is seinen so that's cheating a bit. That's a category all it's own. And a single chapter of HxH is asking a lot these days. It's been like 3 years.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been looking for some of the UFOtable Fate battles but I'm finding it a bit difficult to locate uncut versions of them. But I guess this is enough to show off how much UFOtable was able to pull off with just a tinsy amount of tax fraud.

Which is your favorite @Nii?

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I've always thought Saber wins / is the protagonist of Fate(?)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've always thought Saber wins / is the protagonist of Fate(?)
Generally, it goes against my beliefs to try and explain Fate. I just deflect all such questions to Nii.

But suffice it to say Saber Artoria is only the female lead for first Fate/Stay Night route. There are three total. Pretty wild differences in all three,

Last edited: