Voting Round 2 - Jin Mori vs. Shalltear Bloodfallen | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Jin Mori vs. Shalltear Bloodfallen

Who wins?

• Jin Mori

• Shalltear Bloodfallen

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
They are only useful as a springboard for working out what abilities a character might have

Their given levels are hugely subjective, meaning use of them in discussions is unhelpful at best and utter nonsense at worst

My issue is that - means rather than interesting discussions about how powers might work against each other, it instead tends to devolve into statements like

Anyway, talk about these websites [and their many faults] doesn't really relate to this fight - so ahma stop moaning
:verily
They are pretty useful as an ability catalogue though or just a cliff notes version of what characters do.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
They are pretty useful as an ability catalogue though or just a cliff notes version of what characters do.
Problem is that they rank these abilities however they want - and often draw seemingly arbitrary limits on their powers and effectiveness
This is especially true when discussing things like 'immortality' - where, if a character has never died in a series then I have no clue how one even could rank it

Giving a list of shown abilities (with references) would be fantastic - but ranking powers is incredibly harmful to enjoyable discussions

The wikis try far harder than they should - going from usefully objective to unhelpfully subjective at the drop of a proverbial hat...

This is especially true when a mangaka can [and often do] go and have plot dictate a character act far stronger/weaker than the wiki states - whenever the need arises (or whenever they feel it would make a 'cool' moment in a chapter)

Last edited:

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
They are certainly not perfect. But I feel like your holding a bit of a grudge due to their contribution to Regulus's loss.:fan
They are garbage, what do you mean? Its all subjective crap full of misinformation and dumb rankings to powers that dont even apply to the characters most of the time.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
They are garbage, what do you mean? Its all subjective crap full of misinformation and dumb rankings to powers that dont even apply to the characters most of the time.
The salt is so real. :XD

But I mean as like a catalogue of powers. Just that list can be hard to find sometimes. Even if it's not 100% accurate even 90% is pretty useful. When it comes to comparing and contrasting based on power levels and all that, I agree with you. Different worlds different rules. Impossible to boil all that down without subjectivity crawling in.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Problem is that they rank these abilities however they want - and often draw seemingly arbitrary limits on their powers and effectiveness
This is especially true when discussing things like 'immortality' - where, if a character has never died in a series then I have no clue how one even could rank it

Giving a list of shown abilities (with references) would be fantastic - but ranking powers is incredibly harmful to enjoyable discussions

The wikis try far harder than they should - going from usefully objective to unhelpfully subjective at the drop of a proverbial hat...

This is especially true when a mangaka can [and often do] go and have plot dictate a character act far stronger/weaker than the wiki states - whenever the need arises (or whenever they feel it would make a 'cool' moment in a chapter)
See I don't even read the power rankings really. City level for Continent level. What does that even mean? I'm more just interested in what the list of powers and resistances is. Then use that to look up the source of the power elsewhere to get an actual idea of how it works.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Even if it's not 100% accurate even 90% is pretty useful
Not sure I agree with the percentages you gave there bud
(I reckon, <90% as a list of abilties shown - this drops down as soon as the ranks are added [as I consider their ranks detrimental to discussion])

See I don't even read the power rankings really. City level for Continent level. What does that even mean? I'm more just interested in what the list of powers and resistances is. Then use that to look up the source of the power else where to get an actual idea of how it works.
Yeah, I think the way you use them seems sensible enough - probably the best way to use those sites

Just so you know - even though you've kinda suggested you think Shalltear is outclassed in this fight, I am a fan of both vampires and kink
Though, I made the mistake of looking up Shalltear and have to say that her lamprey form is rather a turn off (vampires are meant to be sexy, aren't they?)
:emocat

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The salt is so real. :XD

But I mean as like a catalogue of powers. Just that list can be hard to find sometimes. Even if it's not 100% accurate even 90% is pretty useful. When it comes to comparing and contrasting based on power levels and all that, I agree with you. Different worlds different rules. Impossible to boil all that down without subjectivity crawling in.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

See I don't even read the power rankings really. City level for Continent level. What does that even mean? I'm more just interested in what the list of powers and resistances is. Then use that to look up the source of the power elsewhere to get an actual idea of how it works.
Nah too calm to be salty man :lambirb

It is more like 50% accurate tho, many of the "powers" listed on them have tons of small print.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah too calm to be salty man :lambirb

It is more like 50% accurate tho, many of the "powers" listed on them have tons of small print.
I only know that when i look at the list there and compare it to what I look up it's about 90%. There is usually one or two powers in there that is misunderstood or exaggerated.

Power levels are probably less accurate but I don't really think or care much about those. After all a punch in one universe might hit harder than it would in another. And bad writing is always a factor. For example all this faster than the speed of light bullshit. Which always makes me chuckle because that's like code for "Author doesn't know shit about physics, or doesn't care."

Status
Not open for further replies.