Jinsung - Yuri Family tree question | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jinsung - Yuri Family tree question

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This isn't proof, but when Yuri heard that Jinsung was the one who invited her to the wedding tournament, she referred to him as a chainsmoking old man, which means she must have met him at some point. Since the two sides of the family are supposedly at odds, it stands to reason Jinsung would be her uncle.
The twins are at odds but I don't think it applies to their respective members. Both twins probably don't like Yuri since she is the one people want as successor anyway.

All of Yuri's named techniques have been long range attacks though. Jinsung is the one who seems more focused on using shinsu for close range techniques. Yuri seems to use normal martial arts and weapons for that.
She has Nuclear Punch. Among all the Zahard Princesses from the Great Families she has the best gifts for physical abilities. I can't imagine her strongest move being a ranged one. It's not like she is a Wave Controller or anything. We know she is a Fisherman and Scout.

Epic_Rider

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
The twins are at odds but I don't think it applies to their respective members.
We've been told that the divide between both sides is a serious issue for the whole family and even the Ari family gets involved sometimes, so it's not just the twins beefing.

In any case, it doesn't change the fact that Yuri would have been more likely to meet Jinsung, who is supposed to be a traitor to the family, if he was closely related to her.

She has Nuclear Punch.
That's not a technique, it's just her throwing a punch really hard and giving it a name. It's like calling Parakewl's Revolution a technique.

Among all the Zahard Princesses from the Great Families she has the best gifts for physical abilities. I can't imagine her strongest move being a ranged one.
Or maybe it's precisely because her physical strength is so high that she never bothered learning complicated close range shinsu techniques when normal martial arts gets the job done for her.

We've seen her in enough pinches by now that if she could do that stuff she surely would have, but she never has.

It's not like she is a Wave Controller or anything. We know she is a Fisherman and Scout.
And? By the time you reach Yuri's level, pretty much everyone can use shinsu techniques. Karaka's a Scout and he's the same.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's pretty unlikely yuri has met jinsung IMO. I don't recall this happening in the story and before that... the implication is that yuri isn't particularly old. Meanwhile jinsung is regarded as old to the point where even 3000 years ago he was offering slayer positions to people. I doubt yuri was even born 3000 years ago...

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
It's pretty unlikely yuri has met jinsung IMO. I don't recall this happening in the story and before that... the implication is that yuri isn't particularly old. Meanwhile jinsung is regarded as old to the point where even 3000 years ago he was offering slayer positions to people. I doubt yuri was even born 3000 years ago...
...So what does Jinsung's age have to do with him meeting Yuri at some point? I theorized she met him because she talked about him as if they had actually met.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That's not a technique, it's just her throwing a punch really hard and giving it a name. It's like calling Parakewl's Revolution a technique.
Why would it not count as a technique? She gave it a name and it's strengthened by Shinsoo. That's basically how these technique work.

Or maybe it's precisely because her physical strength is so high that she never bothered learning complicated close range shinsu techniques when normal martial arts gets the job done for her.
I don't see how it's possible. She is a Zahard Princess from the Ha Family and she was trained by Cheonhee even. People from the 10F have advantages because they can discover their Shinsoo Attributes more easily and train more efficiently. Why would Yuri slack off? She has a bad attitude but nothing suggests that she neglects her training. She was pretty strict and analytical when she trained Androssi.

We've seen her in enough pinches by now that if she could do that stuff she surely would have, but she never has.
Not really. The only opponents stronger than her have been Tiara and Kallavan(group fight). Yuri has plenty of powerful weapons as well, but she mostly uses Black March or Green April. Kranos is her strongest weapon that we know but she used it only once so far. Other than Rose Shower, she has shown only two other named techniques and that's obviously not everything she has.

And? By the time you reach Yuri's level, pretty much everyone can use shinsu techniques. Karaka's a Scout and he's the same.
Karaka is a Wave Controller-Scout hybrid and he also uses his World of Darkness style. Even if most people have Shinsoo, techniques and weapons fitting your talents are better and what make you stand out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yuri is a Zahard Princess, is extremely popular and the favorite of the family. Jinsung not having met her is pretty unlikely. She met the likes of Urek.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Why would it not count as a technique? She gave it a name and it's strengthened by Shinsoo. That's basically how these technique work.
It literally is not strengthened by shinsu. She just throws a punch really hard. That's it. She just gave it a name for fun. If having a name was all it takes, Parakewl's Revolution is a technique too

I don't see how it's possible. She is a Zahard Princess from the Ha Family and she was trained by Cheonhee even. People from the 10F have advantages because they can discover their Shinsoo Attributes more easily and train more efficiently. Why would Yuri slack off? She has a bad attitude but nothing suggests that she neglects her training. She was pretty strict and analytical when she trained Androssi.
I never said anything about her slacking off. As we've seen, Yuri's shinsu qualities are all stuff that lend themselves to long range combat. So she focuses on that rather then bother learning close range shinsu manipulation, especially when she can do close range combat just fine with her insane strength and weapons.

Not really. The only opponents stronger than her have been Tiara and Kallavan(group fight). Yuri has plenty of powerful weapons as well, but she mostly uses Black March or Green April. Kranos is her strongest weapon that we know but she used it only once so far. Other than Rose Shower, she has shown only two other named techniques and that's obviously not everything she has.
Never said it was all she had, but there's a clear trend based on what's she shown. I don't imagine we'll suddenly see her start busting out a whole different style of fighting.

Dutchy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...So what does Jinsung's age have to do with him meeting Yuri at some point? I theorized she met him because she talked about him as if they had actually met.
Not even Ruda Ha, who I assume is older than Yuri, recognised JH when they were bidding on LP Elaine. When asked who he was JH replied that he was an old man long forgotten by history.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Not even Ruda Ha, who I assume is older than Yuri, recognised JH when they were bidding on LP Elaine. When asked who he was JH replied that he was an old man long forgotten by history.
Ha Ruda is a low level functionary. Jinsung and Yuri are both at the upper echelon of the family.