Fun - Joint Type Hunting | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Joint Type Hunting

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a thread to discuss the late development of something called "joint type"
(or something like that. I forget actually) which we learn that's what the mecha
looking dude "Golem" is. From my understanding one nen user provides
the gun while the other nen user provides the fire power.

So my question to you all is taking existing nen abilities...which two would you combine?

AntArt

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
This ability apparently works in a similar way to that of the old lady butler Tsubone, as the user spends his own nen to power up the previously materialized element. So as I see it, it can only work with a materialized device or a transmuted-to-device nen user.
I don't think we can call Joint-Type to any combination of abilities (ie. Meleoron + Knuckle) but to a particular ability that is made for that purpose, a user controlling with his nen another user's ability.
BUT if we could fantasize about a combination like that, it would be fun if Kurapica could materialize his chains into someone, for example Killua, and we would have a terrible "Chain Jail + Kanmuru Instant Ultra Kill x 9000" :hip

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, from what I gather those guys developed their hatsu specifically so that it would work with the hatsu of their team mates. I am not sure you can just take a hatsu and make it like that. I guess you can go for synergy between users but that is a slightly different thing. There is also what uvo and nobunaga used to have but that seems to be more of a personal thing. I haven't thought of any two abilities I would like to combine at this point...

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, from what I gather those guys developed their hatsu specifically so that it would work with the hatsu of their team mates.
Bomb devils were a similar case.

AntArt

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Bomb devils were a similar case.
Well in this case the ability permits ANYONE to use it as long as they can use nen. The Bomb Devils' ability was designed for specifically those 3 guys.

Berthollet

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The chimera ants that used the "fish darts" ability would also be a joint type. The sister conjured the badge that needs to be put on the objective and the brother conjures and throws the darts.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
True.. there is also the bomber ability. It had advanced conjuration, transformation and emission as far as we can tell. Odds are that each bomber provided a part of that.