Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 245 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 245 - Spoilers & Discussion

wthgege

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
It's not a new rule.
Was it ever mentioned? I dont remember this specific notation about the confiscation.

Even Ryu tanked a slash from Sukuna, it doesn't mean anything.

Gojo however was sliced by Mahoraga.
Sukuna wasnt serious when he attacked Ryu. Maybe he took Higuruma lightly too so that's on me. The same cant be said about Gojo tho, both he and Mako went for the kill

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Was it ever mentioned? I dont remember this specific notation about the confiscation.
Higuruma himself said last chapter that he cannot control Judgeman and that the effects of his technique are unpredictable even for him.

Sukuna wasnt serious when he attacked Ryu
Not even here, they are simple slashes.

dopeycheese

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
so much for lawyer drama speculation, and here we have sukuna just ngaf :spaz

wthgege

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Higuruma himself said last chapter that he cannot control Judgeman and that the effects of his technique are unpredictable even for him.
I thought he meant it in a way of not being able to control his judgement. He was afraid the laws wouldnt apply to Sukuna and that the Shikigami wouldnt consider him at fault. Sukuna simply admits he's the real culprit as if he knew how the confiscation would work.

I'm calling it Sukuna Kaisen from today on.

Antonho

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah, a New rule was applied on the go to help Sukuna. And now he wants Higuruma's sword too AS IF HE NEEDED IT.
And now Kusakabe and Higuruma can tank the Slash that killed both Kashimo and Gojo.
Which New rule? This is the first time we see someone with cursed tools or maybe multiple domains being accused in that domain.

wthgege

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Which New rule? This is the first time we see someone with cursed tools or maybe multiple domains being accused in that domain.
Higuruma fought 40 other sorcs before. This weapon rule never happened or was mentioned. It's new.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

new
/no͞o/
adjective

not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I thought he meant it in a way of not being able to control his judgement. He was afraid the laws wouldnt apply to Sukuna and that the Shikigami wouldnt consider him at fault. Sukuna simply admits he's the real culprit as if he knew how the confiscation would work.
Sukuna shouldn't know the effects of the technique, he probably finds it all extremely funny and is ready to take the risk

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's just like Oda, he made Kaido so powerful that even to Kill him he have to pull from ass a new power to protagonist that can surpass the villain... In this case, we'll see what Gege will make for Yuji

SanaNeOlm

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Leave it to Gege xD

And i love Sukuna more, he is just so pragmatic. He says let's skip the foreplay and just come to the conclusion. He sees it, he wants it and he takes it.

Refreshing.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sukuna is like a Brazillian prisioner during his own judgment. He mocks and laughs at the judge waiting for a sentence that he knows will be ridiculous and how funny it's going to be to get away from the process unscathed. :3c
Basically. Just a formality.
No wonder br readers like GoatKuna so much.

Emmanu

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Unless it's the regular slice, the slice that killed Gojo was the space slice performed by Sukuna.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If something is confiscated doesn't mean it was destroyed, right? There's a chance for someone to use it, even the executioner's sword could be better used if in Maki's hands.
But if the user of the cursed tecnique that confiscated it dies, would the Sword and 10S be gone? Like, forever?

Last edited:

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
He actually wasn't.

Higuruma also mentioned that in cases where the enemy has multiple CT's, he wouldn't have any control over which one gets confiscated. In this case, the cursed tool was what was confiscated, which Higuruma didn't realize was possible because he hadn't fought anyone that uses cursed tools before.

We see the same thing happen in the Yuji fight, where he didn't know that when someone without a CT is subject to confiscation, their cursed energy gets confiscated instead.

If something is confiscated doesn't mean it was destroyed, right? There's a chance for someone to use it, even the executioner's sword could be better used if in Maki's hands.
The term confiscation used in Higuruma's context implies that other people wouldn't be able to use the confiscated materials. Like, when a cop take your personal belongings in prison, they aren't supposed to just use them instead.

But if the user of the cursed tecnique that confiscated it dies, would the Sword and 10S be gone? Like, forever?
Highly unlikely.

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I totally understand why people can get turned off by Gege's writing. If you've grown up with DBZ and the big three, seeing protagonists get handled this way is super jarring. I on the other hand can't get enough of it. Cut them down, all of them!

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
My main concern isn’t really Sukuna being this OP.., it’s 2 things…
1.) Gojo is the pinnacle in JJK. He was the holy grail and barely anybody could touch him except Yuta (kinda.. he’s just strong af) and Takaba who is now dead. Yuta is meant to handle kenny. If Sukuna is supposed to be Gojos equal then logically nobody should stand a chance against Sukuna. I LOVE Sukuna way more than Gojo but Gege once again wrote a character into a corner. Anything that’s used to defeat Sukuna imo will be an asspull. Specially how we have yet to see his full power.

2.) Itadori is TRASH. Like I love his personality but Itadori has got to be the worst MC to ever happen and Gege really messed up by having him as the MC. Itadori has done absolutely NOTHING to warrant him to even be part of the final battle. This is gonna be a case like madara and ywach where they have to just do something. I just don’t understand

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
JJK is an odd one... Watching the anime has made me realize how much time was wasted on characters that went nowhere but to some moments of laughs and to some 'big :(' moments

Still, very interested in seeing where things go which is what makes this an odd experience

wthgege

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
I don't think Higuruma was the one who confiscated 10s. It's said on the translations that Sukuna PROBABLY lost the use of 10s after Gojo's match when he abandoned Megumi's bode to reincarnate/ressurect.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My main concern isn’t really Sukuna being this OP.., it’s 2 things…
1.) Gojo is the pinnacle in JJK. He was the holy grail and barely anybody could touch him except Yuta (kinda.. he’s just strong af) and Takaba who is now dead. Yuta is meant to handle kenny. If Sukuna is supposed to be Gojos equal then logically nobody should stand a chance against Sukuna. I LOVE Sukuna way more than Gojo but Gege once again wrote a character into a corner. Anything that’s used to defeat Sukuna imo will be an asspull. Specially how we have yet to see his full power.

2.) Itadori is TRASH. Like I love his personality but Itadori has got to be the worst MC to ever happen and Gege really messed up by having him as the MC. Itadori has done absolutely NOTHING to warrant him to even be part of the final battle. This is gonna be a case like madara and ywach where they have to just do something. I just don’t understand
Why is Itadori trash tho? He's - maybe - the only protagonist that's been "realistic" alongside Guts. They are strong and become proportionally stronger as the time passes but with limitations since they are dealing with beings with power beyonde their comprehesion. Oda needed to make all supernova, Yamato and awaken Luffy's fruit for Kaido to be defeated.
Luffy become OP every time he fights someone, Naruto became the strongest shinobi of his era during his teenages (not even Sasuke with all bijuus could deal with him), Deku's quirk become more powerful everytime just like Luffy's powers, Ichigo would be related to every "class" that was shown on his anime and a heir to it's powers, Natsu would eat even shit to defeat the villains... I don't think Itadori is trash, I think he's grounded. You can see his evolution, it's just that others area already on another level. And please, don't you forget that Kenjaku alredy said both Sukuna AND Yuji would be the eye of the storm.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I totally understand why people can get turned off by Gege's writing. If you've grown up with DBZ and the big three, seeing protagonists get handled this way is super jarring. I on the other hand can't get enough of it. Cut them down, all of them!
"Protagonists" getting handled isn't the case here. Sukuna is given a deus ex by the writter everytime a chance of him being defeated is presented. A retcon was given both to Mahoraga and Confiscation so Sukuna would stand still battling. Chrollo and Sensui were both better at "handling" protagonists and none of them were given things outta nowhere. Earlier in the series Chrollo's ability was already explained, and Sensui was someone who also was presented as a stronger version of Yusuke.

Higuruma also mentioned that in cases where the enemy has multiple CT's, he wouldn't have any control over which one gets confiscated. In this case, the cursed tool was what was confiscated, which Higuruma didn't realize was possible because he hadn't fought anyone that uses cursed tools before.

We see the same thing happen in the Yuji fight, where he didn't know that when someone without a CT is subject to confiscation, their cursed energy gets confiscated instead.
He fought 40 sorcs before this occasion, how come not even one of them had a cursed tool? He can glimpse how simple domain works from a narrowed explanation and seeing it once but can't come up with the conclusion of "if the target have a cursed object does the chance of it being taken instead of the person's ct exists?". It's just logic. They were sitting there watching and discussing everything and nobody thought about that? EVEN TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE OUTCOME IT HAD ON ITADORI?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm a Gojo fan and it's easy to spot but y'all just being like Gege and glazing Sukuna. He's like Meruem and Shippuden Sasuke: things are given to him and people are like "WOAH SO COOL SO STRONG".

Zetauno

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I can't really say I'm liking the pace of the past few chapters, I'm re-reading since Shibuya and these last 5-10 chapters are proving to be the more tedious to read, it's not that the chapters are bad, it's just that the story is all over the place.

About Yuji as the MC, I'm OK with how he's written, it's not broken yet, but, I guess we'll see how can he improve now with the Death Painting Wombs power-up.

I was surprised at how Kusakabe of all people tried to protect Higuruma, hope the fight wraps up next chapter.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

You missed all the prep chapters, I see.

"Protagonists" getting handled isn't the case here. Sukuna is given a deus ex by the writter everytime a chance of him being defeated is presented. A retcon was given both to Mahoraga and Confiscation so Sukuna would stand still battling. Chrollo and Sensui were both better at "handling" protagonists and none of them were given things outta nowhere. Earlier in the series Chrollo's ability was already explained, and Sensui was someone who also was presented as a stronger version of Yusuke.
How can we talk about a retcon when we still know very little about Sukuna's technique today?

He fought 40 sorcs before this occasion, how come not even one of them had a cursed tool? He can glimpse how simple domain works from a narrowed explanation and seeing it once but can't come up with the conclusion of "if the target have a cursed object does the chance of it being taken instead of the person's ct exists?". It's just logic. They were sitting there watching and discussing everything and nobody thought about that? EVEN TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE OUTCOME IT HAD ON ITADORI?
Give yourself a break, first of all. Second, it is nowhere written that some of Higuruma's opponents have cursed instruments.