Chapter - Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 257 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 257 - Spoilers & Discussion

papypopo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Remind me the corpse thing, Sukuna eating old Sukuna body remains?
During yuji’s training vs kusakabe. It was implied that they swap bodies

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
During yuji’s training vs kusakabe. It was implied that they swap bodies
Its was implied that they swap yep
But what does this has to do with a corpse?

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yes, like I said

But what this all have to do with a corpse? Corpse is like a dead body right?

Battle Wolf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yes, like I said

But what this all have to do with a corpse? Corpse is like a dead body right?
Oh sorry this misunderstood, i mean body not corpse at all.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
All that stuff you're complaining about was foreshadowed ages ago, Gege doesn't need to hype it up again.

Gege never changed, he's the same writer as always. You just got your own ideas into your head about how he should handle stuff.
I never said he changed. I'm saying that if he had a creative team basically making up for his weaknesses (seriously, this is why editors exist), he'd create a far better end result. Basically, he's only mid-tier overall, but the overall world and characters are so fun that if he had a better team supporting him, JJK would be top tier.

Just like how if JRR Martin had an editor with the ability to actually bully him around, Game of Thrones wouldn't have a million "never to be finished" loose plot threads and an insanely uneven series of publications.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I never said he changed. I'm saying that if he had a creative team basically making up for his weaknesses (seriously, this is why editors exist), he'd create a far better end result. Basically, he's only mid-tier overall, but the overall world and characters are so fun that if he had a better team supporting him, JJK would be top tier.

Just like how if JRR Martin had an editor with the ability to actually bully him around, Game of Thrones wouldn't have a million "never to be finished" loose plot threads and an insanely uneven series of publications.
And what makes you think he doesn't have that, your misguided ideas about why he doesn't handle stuff the way you would want them to be handled?

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France

I think that you’re wrong. Nothing is left unanswered actually. Gege put indeed a lot of mysteries, a lot of foreshadowing, but overall, he always give us answers. I can give you a lot of examples.
For me Gege is a top tier writer, he made a shonen like no other. I think it resembles Hunter x Hunter writing, where everything is revealed during a fight.

Last edited:

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think that you’re wrong. Nothing is left unanswered actually. Gege put indeed a lot of mysteries, a lot of foreshadowing, but overall, he always give us answers. I can give you a lot of examples.
For Gege is a top tier writer, he made a shonen like no other. I think it resembles Hunter x Hunter writing, where everything is revealed during a fight.
Yep, I also think Gege is very good

Sometime the battle and the explaining makes me remember HxH. But yeah Togashi and HxH are the nº1 spot

Zetauno

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I read the translation by Lightning and is by far the most accurate one it seems (read here), as it lets clear a few things that other translations do not, including the official one.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I read the translation by Lightning and is by far the most accurate one it seems (read here), as it lets clear a few things that other translations do not, including the official one.
Great translation. It seems Sakuna is really trying hard. He needs his Domain, or World Slash to beat Yuji - both of which he cannot use now due to the damage done in previous fight.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
For me Gege is a top tier writer, he made a shonen like no other. I think it resembles Hunter x Hunter writing, where everything is revealed during a fight.
I mean… the whole shonen “teens with angst and magical powers who basically only use them to fight duels” genre is basically the shallow end of the writing pool to begin with. The entire genre is like one step above isekai.

Sorry for dunking on your Kraft Mac and Cheese by saying it would benefit from adding a panko crust with broiled emmentaler on top.

maybe people just wants KD and I’m the weird one having had southern bbq level mac&cheese and thinking “I mean it’s ok but it could be so much better”.