Seinen - Kaijuu #8 by Naoya Matsumoto | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kaijuu #8 by Naoya Matsumoto

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ojou will so fall for Old Man after this badass rescue and OnePunchKill. XD
Twin-tailed Tsundere Ojou-sama vs Kuudere Osanajimi, who ya got, folks?

Hoping the author surprises us with Shinomiya though.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I would prefer the main character end up with Mina and the sidekick ends up with Ojou.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I would prefer the main character end up with Mina and the sidekick ends up with Ojou.
That’s what I’m thinking too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kinda glad that Hoshina picked up on Kafka’s abnormalities. I was thinking for a second he might let it slide, but he’s cautious as any competent soldier should.

We’ll likely have Shinomiya getting an explanation about everything next chapter, and she’ll join his inner circle. There’s also the major perk that she’s the daughter of a JSDF big-wig, so she should be able to use considerable influence to cover for him. It won’t be as easy as Hoshina thinks to uncover him. But even then, she can only do so much to help him. But that might be enough.

Also, is it just me, or is Hoshina vying for Ashiro’s affection as well?

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Aww, Kikoru expression was lovely when Kafka entered half-way through-out the ceremony, no disapproving or grim or angry expressions as right before when he was not there. A bit sad, the commander wanted to let Kafka fail, though he would have deserved it, but luckily the 2nd in command took an interest or more like a suspicion in Kafka. He ain't a full trooper but he is part of the force now, so congrats, bro!

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Aww, Kikoru expression was lovely when Kafka entered half-way through-out the ceremony, no disapproving or grim or angry expressions as right before when he was not there. A bit sad, the commander wanted to let Kafka fail, though he would have deserved it, but luckily the 2nd in command took an interest or more like a suspicion in Kafka. He ain't a full trooper but he is part of the force now, so congrats, bro!
Admittedly, as a captain, she can’t let her favoritism show so she couldn’t let anyone know her history with him. She probably believed that if she let him pass, suspicion would arise in the ranks.

Monox D. I-Fly

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
A bit sad, the commander wanted to let Kafka fail, though he would have deserved it, but luckily the 2nd in command took an interest or more like a suspicion in Kafka. He ain't a full trooper but he is part of the force now, so congrats, bro!
Well, I'm glad that Kafka wasn't instantly accepted as a full trooper. That would be too cliche.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ch.8, glad that Kikoru learned of Hibino's secret and that she will keep it one as well. Really like the mission explanation and map stuff. Makes it feel like elite soldiers fighting against waves of enemies. The Monster looks cool as well, like a mix of a mushroom, spider and crab. I got a feeling quite a lot of no-names gonna die this time though, considering the talk about how high the death rate is.

Monox D. I-Fly

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
LOL at Kikoru thinks that Kafka ate the monster to survive from hunger.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, this chapter was a BLAST. Literally.

Happy to see Kafka doing his part, (and you can definitely see the MHA influence btw) and pumped to see Mina live up to the hype. The damage she dealt looks to be about on par with Kafka in Kaijuu form. She’s the real deal. And I was worried Kafka might be too OP.

Also, that bit about the suit detecting Kikoru’s “abnormality” gave me a chuckle.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'd even say Kafka was more Deku than Deku himself.^^
He literally crawled into a monster corpse and used his previous job experience coupled with his studying to find the core and the after-beast problem wtih the after-beasts. And then went on to take care with the corpses, or at least that is his intent before the epic ending with that giant gun blasting that huge Spdiershroom apart. Like damn, Mina is STRONG!

Loved the part where Kikoru's suit turned traitor on her and was like "OMFG! Abnormal activity! Increased Heartrate!!! How did this happen!?". XD
The Gas masks looks pretty cool as well on everyone and I like how each of the newbies were able to contribute to the battle. So much that even the 4th year seniors started to feel bad about themselves, losing confidence while their superior officer is eyeing the eye candy. XD

NeeNeen

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
He literally crawled into a monster corpse and used his previous job experience coupled with his studying to find the core and the after-beast problem wtih the after-beasts. And then went on to take care with the corpses, or at least that is his intent before the epic ending with that giant gun blasting that huge Spdiershroom apart. Like damn, Mina is STRONG!
Yeah, that was really cool. All of the youngsters are blasting away and he's like "yeah, not adding anything there. Let's go gather some game-changing intel instead."

Even his superior no longer sees him as just comic relief now.

Monox D. I-Fly

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
He literally crawled into a monster corpse and used his previous job experience coupled with his studying to find the core and the after-beast problem wtih the after-beasts.
I also like it. No ass-pull forced power boost which makes him fight for the sake of the plot. He's just doing what he's already capable of.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Aw man, Reno’s going to be in trouble.... looks like Kafka may have to transform after all. I would be surprised if Kafka didn’t transform at all in this arc.

Gotta love Reno’s dedication to Kafka, because that’s what’s setting him apart from the pack. Aside from MC status of course.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think the dude besides Reno might die. Have to say, our Commander is totally OP, like daaaaaaaayum! Nearly 100% and BLASTING that monster to pieces though now the "real" deal is here with the After-Beasts and their ability to create another After-Beast when they die. That humanoid Kaijuu gonna mess things up badly though, that's for sure.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe I'm alone in this, but it's by far my favorite new series.

I can't even really explain why. There's a certain je ne sais quoi about it.
I’d say “Seconded!” but it would be more like “Sixty-fourthed!”, cause...like, everyone likes this new manga!
I'm having a hard time finding this manga. Can someone link it?
Just search ‘Kaiju 8 viz’ And it will take you the the official translation page for English Shonen Jump. And, in case you were wondering, it’s free! Well, the first three and last three are free. You may have to search for the others on a mirror site.

Just in case you can’t google search for some reason:

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Great to have Reno getting some spotlight! He’ll probably deal some significant damage and weaken him for Kafka. Kikoru and Kafka should be joining soon so the latter can get some answers out of him.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hopefully the more consistent schedule will get some more eyes on this. It's pretty hype and I'm loving the direction.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Hopefully the more consistent schedule will get some more eyes on this. It's pretty hype and I'm loving the direction.
You looking forwarded to the Anime?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You looking forwarded to the Anime?
Not particularly. But only because I just don't watch anime like that in the first place. I'll check out the highlights of certain scenes though.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Do you think we'll see other countries?