Last 16: Match up 5!: Blackbeard vs. Enel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Last 16: Match up 5!: Blackbeard vs. Enel

Who wins?

• Blackbeard

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Enel

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Last 16: Match up 5!: Blackbeard vs. Enel

Kazu-Sama

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blackbeard has two devil fruits - the quake quake fruit Whitebeard had the potential to destroy the world with, and the Yami Yami no me, the darkness fruit, he can absorb enemies, although it does mean he takes more damage from all attacks.

Enel wields the Lightning Logia fruit, which he's completely mastered, and also has the best Mantra we've seen.

I'd give this to Enel - Blackbeard, in a fight, isn't subtle, and his strategy involves getting in close to neutralise the opponent's DF with his. Enel can very, very easily stay at range and shoot lightning bolts at Blackbeard - any quakes can be avoided using his speed and Mantra, and the Yami Yami no me, in my opinion, won't be able to suck in a bolt of lightning. So Enel can just stay away from BB, shoot him up, while BB frantically tries to do anything to hit him.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
^
I think technically Yami Yami no Mi would be able to suck up a small enough bolt of lightning (we've seen BB create black spaces, those could do it), but even so, he'd have to coat himself in that to not get hit, which we haven't seen him do.

But since lightning (strangely doesn't kill that easily but) causes quite the pain, and BB isn't exactly able to withstand damage, I'd imagine the battle to be like:
Enel *lightning attack*
BB *screams in pain*
(repeat multiple times)

I doubt BB would be able to win, with what we've seen from him so far. The fact he's Yonkou and probably had a lot of time to refine his DF abilities, doesn't mean a damn here, because we've never seen anything from him post-TS (unlike chars for which we only have hype, e.g. Roger :D).

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Marshall D. Teach is one of those pirates that Oda meant to defeat Enel if he downs to Blue Sea. His resistance is superb, i'm sure it will endure any thunderbolt while with just a Kurouzu he attract him and finish it with a quake-punch.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Blackbeard will take this, although not without a tough fight. Enel's mantra may be good, but it can't tell him about Blackbeard's Logia ability(making DF null). All Blackbeard has to do is catch Enel once to take him down.

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Marshall D. Teach is one of those pirates that Oda meant to defeat Enel if he downs to Blue Sea. His resistance is superb, i'm sure it will endure any thunderbolt while with just a Kurouzu he attract him and finish it with a quake-punch.
His Korouzu seems very directional - it pulled Ace in but none of the rubble surrounding them. Enel can move as swiftly as lightning, and merge into objects such as gold or wood - Korouzo seems to me to be unlikely to work, especially with Enel being able to know precisely when and where BB will use it...
Even if BB does manage to attract Enel, Ace showed how easy it is to counterattack while you're getting sucked towards BB - Enel could do serious damage with that, and then not even be touched by BB by using his staff and athletic talents to dodge/block BB's punch.

Plus, at range, he can easily use Thor or Julungul to do incredible damage from range (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v26/c241/12.html shows Thor destroying a large area) and , not risking touching BB, and he could always go into Amaru if things get bad.

Robin had met Aokiji, she knew of the power of the admirals, and she also said that Enel's powers were 'invincible' (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v29/c274/16.html). It took Luffy an insane amount of effort to defeat Enel - and that was with Enel's electricity rendered useless. Enel isn't just going to roll over and die...

And LeonSagara, while you may be right in Enel not knowing about the nullifying powers, as you said, 'all BB has to do is catch Enel once'. And that, in my opinion, is the hard bit - Enel, with his mantra and grace, can and potentially will dodge all physical attacks thrown at him. If they do get close, Enel can use his staff to defend - stopping BB getting the contact required to nullify his fruit

Last edited:

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
His Korouzu seems very directional - it pulled Ace in but none of the rubble surrounding them. Enel can move as swiftly as lightning, and merge into objects such as gold or wood - Korouzo seems to me to be unlikely to work, especially with Enel being able to know precisely when and where BB will use it...
Even if BB does manage to attract Enel, Ace showed how easy it is to counterattack while you're getting sucked towards BB - Enel could do serious damage with that, and then not even be touched by BB by using his staff and athletic talents to dodge/block BB's punch.

Plus, at range, he can easily use Thor or Julungul to do incredible damage from range (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v26/c241/12.html shows Thor destroying a large area) and , not risking touching BB, and he could always go into Amaru if things get bad.

[...]
Then use Blackhole in the ground to retain him while he get near him to touch and knock-up. I mentioned his resistance because it's the main characteristic of his victory.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm aware of the fact I may seem irrealistic,but i think ener would win,if this fight goes for a realt fight,instead of oda's little spectacle: ener's mantra should be much higher teach's one,hence he should foresee his attacks. furthermore,eneru has got the supreme rogia,which should allow him to move much faster (and kizaru,who should have been untouchable,was stopped so easily :fail). if he starts attacking teach with lightnings and then escapes to hide,he should handle it,his power was overwhelming,he was just unlucky that rufy was made of his natural enemy :(

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Blackbeard wins easily. Ace couldn't do anything to Blackbeard, neither can Enel.

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
two fruits?
Exactly. Enel is utterly screwed. Blackbeard totally trashed a fire logia even before he had Whitebeard's power. Now it's just overkill. All the CoO haki (mantra) in the world doesn't mean a thing, it just alerts you to the fact you're about to get owned by a super strong attack. Plus even Ace, who had the King's haki that Enel lacks, couldn't beat Blackbeard, Enel's screwed. Not even light (or lightning) can escape the pull of the darkness fruit. Blackbeard can either pull you in or just quake you right out of the sky. Totally overpowered.

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly. Enel is utterly screwed. Blackbeard totally trashed a fire logia even before he had Whitebeard's power. Now it's just overkill. All the CoO haki (mantra) in the world doesn't mean a thing, it just alerts you to the fact you're about to get owned by a super strong attack. Plus even Ace, who had the King's haki that Enel lacks, couldn't beat Blackbeard, Enel's screwed. Not even light (or lightning) can escape the pull of the darkness fruit. Blackbeard can either pull you in or just quake you right out of the sky. Totally overpowered.
Blackbeard totally trashed Ace - Ace wouldn't stand a chance vs Enel. By the logic of 'He beat one Logia, he could easily beat another' Blackbeard could defeat all Admirals, and Usopp, after beating Perona, could defeat Whitebeard. Just because he beat one Logia - and one of the weakest Logia users we've seen - he won't necessarily win all matches, or else we should just end OP now since Luffy's beat Moria, Lucci and Caeser Clown.

CoO Haki lets you know essentially see the future - Luffy used it Vs. Mihawk, saw a strong attack, and consequently avoided it. Mihawk is much stronger than Luffy, and yet Luffy was able to avoid injury by using it. Enel is far, far stronger, faster, more athletic, and overall more powerful than Luffy - he's fully capable of using his CoO haki to see BB's attack, then his speed, power, staff, and the ability to merge into objects like trees then move at the speed of lightning to escape. Ace was strong, yeah, but he wasn't top class - Against Admirals or the like Ace wouldn't last long at all. Enel is far stronger than Ace - his DF is described as 'unbeatable' and he lost after a long, hard fight with Luffy - and pretty much all of that fight was Enel unable to use his 'unbeatable' Logia fruit.

If BB decides to pull Enel is (assuming Enel can't avoid it somehow) then all that's doing is giving Enel a chance to seriously injure BB before dodging the punch - After BB pulls you in he goes for physical contact, which Enel, with his strength, agility, and Mantra, is perfectly suited to countering. I think if you think it will be a stomp you need to re-read the Skypeia arc - Enel was far stronger than being beaten by Luffy made him seem: I'd put him at on Admiral Level, and against someone who fights in close quarters, he's as invincible as Robin said...

BB's strong, but relies on physical contact. Enel's speciality is avoiding physical combat. BB is incredibly strong, but this match-up is one that I have to say favours his opponent...

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
to get the dragonvoters on enels side:

enels bounty said by oda, if would be on grandline: 500 million
blackbeard: 0 (last known) :D

Dont forget the Guragura no mi did nothig against logiausers. They crumbled, but without any injury. The only hope is the black hole, but against lighting with godly Mantra... have luck. :D

SuperPeon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My vote would go to Blackbeard. We have seen that Enel's mantra is powerful but I think Shanks' haki is more powerful and yet Shanks received a scarred left eye from Blackbeard. Even if Blackbeard gets hurt too much from lightning, I think he would have enough stamina and time to cast his skills. We may not be sure if Blackbeard could use a haki but Blackbeard could just "Kurouzu" and use his dark gravitation to pull Enel like he did against Ace in Banaro Island and against Luffy in the Impel Down. In the chapter 441, Blackbeard states he could suck everything even the lightning too.

If we're talking about bounties, Enel's bounty could have been possibly 500M Beli which is the 2nd highest but the highest bounty ever shown was 550M Beli and it was Ace' former bounty and he was defeated by Blackbeard. And I hope we aren't forgetting that he has a 2nd fruit advantage too which is a quake-quake fruit and his experience from Whitebeard's crew should be enough to defeat Enel.

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Blackbeard totally trashed Ace - Ace wouldn't stand a chance vs Enel. By the logic of 'He beat one Logia, he could easily beat another' Blackbeard could defeat all Admirals, and Usopp, after beating Perona, could defeat Whitebeard. Just because he beat one Logia - and one of the weakest Logia users we've seen - he won't necessarily win all matches, or else we should just end OP now since Luffy's beat Moria, Lucci and Caeser Clown.

CoO Haki lets you know essentially see the future - Luffy used it Vs. Mihawk, saw a strong attack, and consequently avoided it. Mihawk is much stronger than Luffy, and yet Luffy was able to avoid injury by using it. Enel is far, far stronger, faster, more athletic, and overall more powerful than Luffy - he's fully capable of using his CoO haki to see BB's attack, then his speed, power, staff, and the ability to merge into objects like trees then move at the speed of lightning to escape. Ace was strong, yeah, but he wasn't top class - Against Admirals or the like Ace wouldn't last long at all. Enel is far stronger than Ace - his DF is described as 'unbeatable' and he lost after a long, hard fight with Luffy - and pretty much all of that fight was Enel unable to use his 'unbeatable' Logia fruit.

If BB decides to pull Enel is (assuming Enel can't avoid it somehow) then all that's doing is giving Enel a chance to seriously injure BB before dodging the punch - After BB pulls you in he goes for physical contact, which Enel, with his strength, agility, and Mantra, is perfectly suited to countering. I think if you think it will be a stomp you need to re-read the Skypeia arc - Enel was far stronger than being beaten by Luffy made him seem: I'd put him at on Admiral Level, and against someone who fights in close quarters, he's as invincible as Robin said...

BB's strong, but relies on physical contact. Enel's speciality is avoiding physical combat. BB is incredibly strong, but this match-up is one that I have to say favours his opponent...
That's getting a little out of hand, how am I implying Usopp would beat Whitebeard???

Blackbeard excels in close combat, he scarred Shanks even before having any fruit. And it wasn't a fluke or something, he was formidable enough for Shanks to make a special trip to go warn Whitebeard not to send Ace after Blackbeard.

If Enel was able to avoid basically everything, like you're saying, then he wouldn't have been hit by the large ball of gold on Luffy fist. That's how he was defeated. He saw it coming, couldn't evade it, was injured by it even though he was hit by the gold, not Luffy's rubber body.

So really now...

Blackbeard utterly defeated Ace, a logia at least as powerful as Enel (Ace's bounty was 550 million, Oda said Enel's would be 500 million). So based off of what we've actually seen happen in the manga, Blackbeard wins this.

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's getting a little out of hand, how am I implying Usopp would beat Whitebeard???

Blackbeard excels in close combat, he scarred Shanks even before having any fruit. And it wasn't a fluke or something, he was formidable enough for Shanks to make a special trip to go warn Whitebeard not to send Ace after Blackbeard.

If Enel was able to avoid basically everything, like you're saying, then he wouldn't have been hit by the large ball of gold on Luffy fist. That's how he was defeated. He saw it coming, couldn't evade it, was injured by it even though he was hit by the gold, not Luffy's rubber body.

So really now...

Blackbeard utterly defeated Ace, a logia at least as powerful as Enel (Ace's bounty was 550 million, Oda said Enel's would be 500 million). So based off of what we've actually seen happen in the manga, Blackbeard wins this.
Implying that Ace having a bounty of 550mill, and Enel having a bounty of 500mill, means Ace is stronger is directly implying Caribou beats Zoro and Sanji put together. Bounties aren't the be all and end all - Ace's bounty was so high because he was A) A top crew member in Whitebeard's crew, and B) the son of Gol D. Roger. Having a high bounty doesn't mean you're strong, there are other reasons for getting bounties...

Yes, I agree Blackbeard excels in Close Combat, but Enel excels at fighting from range and staying out of Close Combat. The match-up is unfavourable to Blackbeard - I'm not saying he's weak, I'm saying Enel has the advantage due to his powers.

Enel was defeated by a single blow from Luffy, yes. While in his giant (possibly immobile) form. Which he went into to use an attack that would have killed Luffy were he not made of Rubber. Luffy says it himself while running down Enel's arm - 'That won't work on me!' Enel, before going into his giant form, was only hit by Luffy's random attacks - such as deflecting them off a wall. Once in giant form he was slower, but much more powerful. Were he to go into that form vs Blackbeard, then Blackbeard could and would definitely hit him. But that's assuming BB survives the lightning onslaught that's hitting him, and even if he can grab onto Enel to neutralise his powers while in giant form, then since Enel's body is made of lightning - moreso than just a logia, he was actually a giant lightning god - so there's nothing saying BB won't get electrocuted. This is like the Shiki fight all over again - the final blow is always going to be set up in some way special, or else it would just be used from the start.

And as for being hit by the gold, Enel described it when Luffy was spinning the orb around, in order to disrupt the electricity - the orb conducts electricity, so it's drawn into it. That's why the lightning ball broke up, because the power was drawn into the gold ball and then not into Luffy due to his rubber power. By the same logic, Enel's armour of lightning would have been drawn into the golden ball too, meaning he has less defence and can't move. When the ball hits him, he's in full lightning god mode, and then when he hits the bell, he's not. He's back to normal. There were so many circumstances in Luffy's favour (as always in big battles) that Enel losing is almost meaningless. Ace, on the other hand, had a fair fight with Blackbeard, both going all out, and Blackbeard won, although it was close. Ace did manage to ignite BB a few times, and then went and stuck two flaming spears through him. Ace, in an even fight, was close to Blackbeard. Luffy, in a fight wherethe most vital aspect was in his favour - Enel's DF was useless for both attacking and defending vs Luffy - only just managed to come away victorious.

I'm sorry, but saying 'Blackbeard defeated Ace, with a Logia, therefore he'd defeat Enel' is just nonsense...

UnknownMugiwara

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Didn't Blackbeard say something about his DF absorbs the pain and that's why he can't change into that "gas" state like normal Logia users. If it does absorb pain, I'm not sure how Blackbeard can last against Enel's 100 million volt attacks.

SuperPeon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Implying that Ace having a bounty of 550mill, and Enel having a bounty of 500mill, means Ace is stronger is directly implying Caribou beats Zoro and Sanji put together. Bounties aren't the be all and end all - Ace's bounty was so high because he was A) A top crew member in Whitebeard's crew, and B) the son of Gol D. Roger. Having a high bounty doesn't mean you're strong, there are other reasons for getting bounties...

Yes, I agree Blackbeard excels in Close Combat, but Enel excels at fighting from range and staying out of Close Combat. The match-up is unfavourable to Blackbeard - I'm not saying he's weak, I'm saying Enel has the advantage due to his powers.

Enel was defeated by a single blow from Luffy, yes. While in his giant (possibly immobile) form. Which he went into to use an attack that would have killed Luffy were he not made of Rubber. Luffy says it himself while running down Enel's arm - 'That won't work on me!' Enel, before going into his giant form, was only hit by Luffy's random attacks - such as deflecting them off a wall. Once in giant form he was slower, but much more powerful. Were he to go into that form vs Blackbeard, then Blackbeard could and would definitely hit him. But that's assuming BB survives the lightning onslaught that's hitting him, and even if he can grab onto Enel to neutralise his powers while in giant form, then since Enel's body is made of lightning - moreso than just a logia, he was actually a giant lightning god - so there's nothing saying BB won't get electrocuted. This is like the Shiki fight all over again - the final blow is always going to be set up in some way special, or else it would just be used from the start.

And as for being hit by the gold, Enel described it when Luffy was spinning the orb around, in order to disrupt the electricity - the orb conducts electricity, so it's drawn into it. That's why the lightning ball broke up, because the power was drawn into the gold ball and then not into Luffy due to his rubber power. By the same logic, Enel's armour of lightning would have been drawn into the golden ball too, meaning he has less defence and can't move. When the ball hits him, he's in full lightning god mode, and then when he hits the bell, he's not. He's back to normal. There were so many circumstances in Luffy's favour (as always in big battles) that Enel losing is almost meaningless. Ace, on the other hand, had a fair fight with Blackbeard, both going all out, and Blackbeard won, although it was close. Ace did manage to ignite BB a few times, and then went and stuck two flaming spears through him. Ace, in an even fight, was close to Blackbeard. Luffy, in a fight wherethe most vital aspect was in his favour - Enel's DF was useless for both attacking and defending vs Luffy - only just managed to come away victorious.

I'm sorry, but saying 'Blackbeard defeated Ace, with a Logia, therefore he'd defeat Enel' is just nonsense...
The bounty logic was for Sachsenhesse anyway. But Caribou was probably stronger than Zoro and Sanji before the timeskip since they have not much idea of haki. I'm not a big fan of these bounties though.

I just couldn't imagine what Enel could do after Blackbeard casts a Kurouzu. Even Whitebeard could not hit him with his devil fruit. He could even just absorb the big lightning ball if he wishes too but that would be OP. Enel could have a chance if he knows Busoshoku Haki and hit him with his trident but unfortunately I don't think he knows it yet.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The bounty logic was for Sachsenhesse anyway.
oh dont take me too seriously :D

and how would a hakiimbued trident make more damage then a trident heatet to a high degree? Ist still a piercing weapon and you dont need something to hit blackbeard, because he attracts the damage...

Status
Not open for further replies.