Discussion - Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Of course, we have all these popular game franchises, but what about the games that nobody's ever heard of, that you just happen to enjoy a whole lot?

If you've played anything like that, here's your chance to pimp them to others!

Be sure to include a description of the video game genre, its premise, and why you like it and why you think others would like too, and the systems that it plays on. And if you know, how old the games are, so that others may have an easier time finding them.

Doesn't have to be console games - remember you can talk PC games here too.

Have fun!

Venom65437

I'll be sure to give everyone a few to chew on tomorrow when I have time to give info... and maybe some links ;)

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Then i just come to think about a game I loved so mutch as a child, is name is Battle Tanx to nintendo 64 ^^

I love it because it has the special feeling you get when you are in love or realy realy happy.
I think this trailer will say some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigO7U7AmBc&mode=related&search=
you will think it is crap grafic but that does not matter it is the feeling you get when you play and it is a great feeling ^^

I also found this funny video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRWacL9pDo&mode=related&search= ^^

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can only say two words: "Tomba" and "Croc" XDD

They were PS games that I played when I was in elementary school, and I loved them.

Tomba was a contemporary side scroller kind of thing about this pink haired kid named Tomba. These evil pigs stole the gold bracelet he'd been given by his grandad. The pigs steal all the gold in the world from some eveil plpot, and tomba tries to stop them and get his bracelet back. twas lots of fun XD

Croc was about this little crocodile who was raised by these little puffballs called Gobbos XD and this king guy kidnaps them and wants to eat them :( so Croc tries to save them :D I still have the games and play them on my PS2 XDD

Tomba
Croc

blasta

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just love Shenmue 1 and 2 and I know there are fans for it too but there should me more its just a great game.

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Not necessarily unknown game, but it's an old game franchise.

Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper 2

Dungeon Keeper is one of my first PC games (dating back to 1995). Yeah.. Even now, I sometimes reinstall and play it.

Venom65437

Ok, one game I really like is called Tyrain, which you can download here just click on the link, and then click where it mentions the mirror file. It's a space shoot 'em up type of game, kinda like Gradius, that's a lot of fun to play.

Another one I really like is Warlords 2. It's made by SSG. It's technically a strategy game, but I don't know how much strategy is needed. Either way, it's a lot of fun. Get it here.

I don't know if this isn't well known or what, but you can get the original Heroes of Might and Magic here. It has nothing on the later versions, but if you're a fan and wanted to see where it all started, check it out. It's not a BAD game per say in it's own right, but it shows it's age.

They also have Sim City and Sim City 2000. I'm not going to keep posting tons of links, but you get the idea... go to the site!!!

I'm getting most of these from bestoldgames.com. If I come across anymore I find particularly interesting, I'll post them, but it's worth a look.

By the way, I really can't answer any questions if you have problems downloading. Both links provide instructions and should be easy enough. And remember, it's up to YOU to be sure the files are safe for your computer, so check them out once you get them to be sure. Thanks!

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
Venom65437 said:
They also have Sim City and Sim City 2000. I'm not going to keep posting tons of links, but you get the idea... go to the site!!!!
I LOVED Sim City XDD I used to have so much fun building up the cities and having those random events happen, like being able to put up a haunted house in "october" and parades and stuff :D and then being able to create natural disasters and make a plague of locusts descend on the dity :nuts

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I like playing Hide 'n' Seek!

Whaat?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Played Sim City myself too, but I'm not too much for strategy games. After a while they just bore me - there IS a strategy-RPG game I absolutely loved though, called Ogrebattle. No, not the latter games, the FIRST one, for the Super Nintendo. One of the best games I ever played.

My best friend couldn't get enough of Sim City though. He borrowed my Sim City game and I don't think I ever got it back, actually. Heh.

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ice climber, twinbee, Contra, Crash N' the boys and River City Ransom for the NES.

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
dunno if its widely known or not, but tales of symphonia for game cube is the one i game i absolutely love... and i don't know many people who played it...

i played through it about 11 times or so xD
time for one time: about 60h

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Cannon Fodder 1 or 2, I don't remember.

Venom65437

Gold Knight said:
Played Sim City myself too, but I'm not too much for strategy games. After a while they just bore me - there IS a strategy-RPG game I absolutely loved though, called Ogrebattle. No, not the latter games, the FIRST one, for the Super Nintendo. One of the best games I ever played.

My best friend couldn't get enough of Sim City though. He borrowed my Sim City game and I don't think I ever got it back, actually. Heh.
Isn't that the one you said your dad loved so much?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have many, probably. However, Ill name one. REZ for the dreamcast kicks your balls out of your body and never gives them back. It is a trip if you play. Damn near most of the dreamcast library is composed of great games that no one gave the time. Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, RE:V, Power Stone 1 and 2, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2... T_T i loved the dreamcast

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Venom65437 said:
Isn't that the one you said your dad loved so much?
Yeah, he was even more of a fanatic of it than I was. I DID get tired of it eventually, but he never did, lol. It's his absolute favorite game of all time.

That Ogrebattle download that you gave me was apparently defunct though :( He kept losing his saves. So we just deleted it. Thanks anyway ^^

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France
Evil Zone (Ereztvaju is its original japanese name) is one of the greatest and most unknown fighting game ever :amuse Back on the PS, it had a very simple gameplay (only two buttons, one for attack and one for guard :nuts), and funny dialogues between the fights. The story wasn't original at all, but at least there was one, unlike nearly all the other fighting games :D

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
o.O

I dig up my old games, and I found one of the oldest games I payed a long time ago --> Theme Hospital :XD

I installed it and it's stuill amuses me ^^ Still as funny as before ^^