Fantasy - Luffy vs Zoro and Sanji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Luffy vs Zoro and Sanji

Who wins

• Total voters

shailks

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
We have seen many captains who are way stronger than their VCs. Kaido could likely beat King and Queen together and may be even Jack joining up won’t change the overall results. BM surely blitzes past Katakuri and Smoothie.

What about Luffy vs Zoro and Sanji? Assume no holds bar fight. What would be Zoro and Sanji’s best strategy against G5?

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
What about Luffy vs Zoro and Sanji? Assume no holds bar fight. What would be Zoro and Sanji’s best strategy against G5?
Best strategy? Run and pretend it was a tie

The answer your looking for?

Sanji distracting with his speed while Zoro launches finisher after finisher.

This is the best strategy, but would not work for 2 reasons.

Luffy is faster than Sanji and has FS to avoid Zoro.

And I'm giving you props for not nerfing Luffy. People love to do that and it feels nonsensical.

shailks

Reaction score
Country
India
FS plus G5 should be too much in a fair fight, I agree. I don’t want to nerf it because realistically in special circumstances anyone of them can win against the other. With Luffy it would be something to do with seastone or sea water, hence didn’t bring Jinbei.

Ricko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Sanji should be in Lucci Awakened tier, who have been OS by G5 Luffy... Sanji should receive the same treatment...

That leave Zoro, even if I like him, he can't compete G5 OPness.

A more interesting match would be 2 Zoro vs G5 Luffy.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
The shit luffy can do in G5, compared to Zoro & Sanji’s best technique’s…They ain’t got nothing for him.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro and Sanji are on the path to become greater than the Yonkou Commanders we've seen previously. By EoS, they are going to become forces to be reckoned with. When that time comes, then we'd have a real discussion going on. When that time comes. Until that point however, Gear 5 stomps them out.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Zoro alone can put a mid diff at least.
Sanji alone can put a low diff at least.

Together, they have a solid chance for running, unless you are giving Luffy G5 without time limit.
But with time limit, I have the duo taking it extreme diff. I am fairly certain Zoro can contest with Luffy if it isn't G4 or G5. Without time limit, Luffy wins obviously.

People saying Luffy shits on Zoro because Luffy gets to shine more is nothing new. We saw this after Katakuri fight, people claiming Luffy low diff Zoro and so on.
Well, then rooftop happened and shattered all that for most people, when Luffy and Zoro were the two most highlighted supernova in the Supernova vs Yonko battle, with Zoro getting moments that were definitely comparable to Luffy's.

Then Luffy got more shine as usual for the MCs, and we are back to the usual guys spouting Luffy negs/low diff Zoro. Well, not gonna age well is all I've got to say.
Zoro's portrayal relative to Luffy has always consistently been the guy who can be relied in the absence of Luffy, the guy who sometimes get confused as the captain. Oda isn't going to change that.

Sanji should be in Lucci Awakened tier, who have been OS by G5 Luffy... Sanji should receive the same treatment...

That leave Zoro, even if I like him, he can't compete G5 OPness.

A more interesting match would be 2 Zoro vs G5 Luffy.
I disagree that G5 caan one shot Sanji. Especially given how Sanji's durability is getting highlighted again this arc, after being highlighted in Wano also. Exoskeleton is a considerable durability buff.

Yea, with unlimited G5, nobody can compete lol. G5 as a standalone is stronger than even Kaido.
With g5 Luffy, yea 2 Zoro vs Luffy would be an interesting match

Zoro and Sanji are on the path to become greater than the Yonkou Commanders we've seen previously. By EoS, they are going to become forces to be reckoned with. When that time comes, then we'd have a real discussion going on. When that time comes. Until that point however, Gear 5 stomps them out.
Zoro is already greater than all the Yonko Commanders we have seen so far.
King is one of the most powerful YCs, top 2 we've seen yet IMO (only Marco above him). And current Zoro is strong enough to mid-high diff him in a fresh rematch.

Idkwhatanameis

Reaction score
Country
United States

Together, they have a solid chance for running, unless you are giving Luffy G5 without time limit.
But with time limit, I have the duo taking it extreme diff. I am fairly certain Zoro can contest with Luffy if it isn't G4 or G5. Without time limit, Luffy wins obviously.

People saying Luffy shits on Zoro because Luffy gets to shine more is nothing new. We saw this after Katakuri fight, people claiming Luffy low diff Zoro and so on.
Well, then rooftop happened and shattered all that for most people, when Luffy and Zoro were the two most highlighted supernova in the Supernova vs Yonko battle, with Zoro getting moments that were definitely comparable to Luffy's.

Then Luffy got more shine as usual for the MCs, and we are back to the usual guys spouting Luffy negs/low diff Zoro. Well, not gonna age well is all I've got to say.
Zoro's portrayal relative to Luffy has always consistently been the guy who can be relied in the absence of Luffy, the guy who sometimes get confused as the captain. Oda isn't going to change that.

I disagree that G5 caan one shot Sanji. Especially given how Sanji's durability is getting highlighted again this arc, after being highlighted in Wano also. Exoskeleton is a considerable durability buff.

Yea, with unlimited G5, nobody can compete lol. G5 as a standalone is stronger than even Kaido.

King is one of the most powerful YCs, top 2 we've seen yet IMO (only Marco above him). And current Zoro is strong enough to mid-high diff him in a fresh rematch.
I still say Luffy wins mid diff. We don’t know if kings haki can one shot Sanji but I’m leaning towards it can. Until Zoro can show a performance equal to pre G5 Luffy this fight is mid diff at most. As far as I’m concerned G5’s time limit (if it has one) is more than enough time. (Speaking from the kaido fight)

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Ok so g4 was given an in story time limit. Why does g5 have a time limit? Like yes it might use more stamina but that’s not really a time limit. G4 uses a Haki pool as a resource. Also zoro needs to be king of hell mode to do anything and spamming acoc From a lower Haki pool is probably a bigger time limit.

like luffy should have much more stamina then both his YC Zoro isn’t particularly a long term fighter he just hits you with yonko level attack power.

BlackTiger

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Sanji was still injured after 1 week despite only taking 3 attacks from Queen. His durability is worse than Katakuri. Sanji's durability is decent. Not special. 1 Kong Organ definitely 1 shots him unless you think Kong Organ which overpowered Big Mom hakified arm is weaker than Queen Germa attacks.

Current Zoro loses to Katakuri lol. AdvCoC is only effective if your opponent is not that much faster than you and have comparable CoO. If your opponent is much faster and have bette CoO, those advCoC attacks won't land. AdvCoC will just drain Zoro's life away while his opponent with much better CoO and speed keeps dodging his attacks.

Why is this relevant? King was called a mere commander by Ryokugyu yet he still ragdolled rooftop Zoro. Hype from top tier doesn't mean you are above those who don't get any hype from top tiers or equal to those who have hype from top tiers.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Luffy wins. Ever since he got G4 I couldn't see Zoro and Sanji winning. They all got stronger but so did Luffy and he has G5 now.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I feel like there's a case for zoro and luffy to have been in a comparable tier up to the dressrosa arc where zoro held back azura but since then luffy has simply accumulated too many powerups. Foresight, emission, internal damage and cladding are simply too many boosts over his dressrosa self. Zoro has had emission from the get go and and recently learned cladding but he doesn't have the haki reservoir for prolonged combat. Sanji has shown no high level haki of any type so far. Azura zoro is probably dangerous to luffy but that's about it. Luffy wins this one for now even if zoro will probably be a yonko level fighter towards the end.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
People saying Luffy shits on Zoro because Luffy gets to shine more is nothing new.
I have an issue with this part. Zoro has shown damn near equal fighting time.

Zoro is the only other Strawhat that's been getting consistently equal fights comparable to Luffy.

They even brought back Kaku and Lucci giving them both a chance to show how much they've improved. No one else got Awakened Zoans to fight.

Luffy's feats are just consistently showing he is the superior fighter. And it has only grown

It's zoro powerscales that insist Zoro is equal to Luffy or near equal when the truth is the gap has been widening and leveling out like every other pirate crew.

Captain ----> (sizable gap)----> 1st mate ---> Commanders

Right now Zoro has nothing in his arsenal that Luffy can't dodge or block outright, including finishers. Sanji is an insane tank now but he would literally be a glorified punching bag until he is tapped out and his fire I doubt is anything close to Kaido's mama form.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Part of the issue with zoro is that through the new world he has almost never used azura, arguably his strongest form or whatever you want to call it. The one time he used it was against kaido and at the time it was the most damaging technique kaido had eaten at that point. And then he proceded to defeat king without using azura... Luffy definitely is superior to zoro but it's inarguable IMO that zoro is being built up to be a yonko level fighter.

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have an issue with this part. Zoro has shown damn near equal fighting time.

Zoro is the only other Strawhat that's been getting consistently equal fights comparable to Luffy.

They even brought back Kaku and Lucci giving them both a chance to show how much they've improved. No one else got Awakened Zoans to fight.

Luffy's feats are just consistently showing he is the superior fighter. And it has only grown

It's zoro powerscales that insist Zoro is equal to Luffy or near equal when the truth is the gap has been widening and leveling out like every other pirate crew.

Captain ----> (sizable gap)----> 1st mate ---> Commanders

Right now Zoro has nothing in his arsenal that Luffy can't dodge or block outright, including finishers. Sanji is an insane tank now but he would literally be a glorified punching bag until he is tapped out and his fire I doubt is anything close to Kaido's mama form.
So obviously luffy beats zoro. G4 probably high-extreme diffs zoro. G5 probably medium diffs him. However luffy can lose to zoro. Luffy is weak to swords still, and zoro has the AP to harm yonko tiers. A different hit from a bloodlusted zoro would heavily wound luffy. Does toon force laugh the damage off?

Who honestly knows. But sanji and zoro do have a victory condition. It’s hard to know with luffy how a fight plays out. In paper he wins every fight in g5. But he can be really stupid sometimes.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
So obviously luffy beats zoro. G4 probably high-extreme diffs zoro. G5 probably medium diffs him. However luffy can lose to zoro. Luffy is weak to swords still, and zoro has the AP to harm yonko tiers. A different hit from a bloodlusted zoro would heavily wound luffy. Does toon force laugh the damage off?

Who honestly knows. But sanji and zoro do have a victory condition. It’s hard to know with luffy how a fight plays out. In paper he wins every fight in g5. But he can be really stupid sometimes.
Luffy is weak to swords like literally anyone else tho. He's not EXTRA weak to swords lol

However it is true Zoro could heavily damage Luffy. It is even more likely Luffy ties Zoro's 3 swords in a knot looney toons style

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Luffy is weak to swords like literally anyone else tho. He's not EXTRA weak to swords lol

However it is true Zoro could heavily damage Luffy. It is even more likely Luffy ties Zoro's 3 swords in a knot looney toons style
True I guess luffy doesn’t have his insane durability to normal physical attacks is better phrasing. Like luffy has dumb durabillity these days. I’m just not sure what sanji offers like I’m not sure he can tank or hold luffy down speed wise. Zoro’s job in the fight is to land finishing blows. And sanji while he has great durability, tanking multiple yonko attacks is probably beyond him and luffy’s speed is beyond him