\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/ | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
And even though I don't listen to metal much anymore, I still love Pantera's "Great southern trendkill" album and R.A.T.M.
You have a good taste :super. Pantera's Flood is always in my iPod, same with all R.A.T.M albums.
------

Recently I just discovered Opeth, they have some great yet unique style.

Totilas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
You have a good taste :super. Pantera's Flood is always in my iPod, same with all R.A.T.M albums.
------

Floods is just .. The last part is just such a beautiful piece of music! Absolutely love that number :D

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited by a moderator:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just when Nightwish recovered from the whole Tarja fiasco seven years ago, they are left without a singer again. I got to know the band when Anette was already introduced so it was quite a surprise to see her leave the band: Imaginaerium was just released a few months ago, their tour is still going on and the film is going to come out soon. However, I can understand why she might have left since it seems as if the long tours have affected her personal life and health. She has two young sons so it must be hard for her to be away from them for such long periods of time, and their father is also a musician so he can't really be a stay-at-home dad as well. Nevertheless thank goodness the situation unfolded without any sort of drama (or so it seems).

From reading comments about how Floor Jansen likes to give input in the song making process, I don't think she will officially join the band since Tuomas is pretty adamant on what he wants. At this point I think it would be best if Nightiwish only had sessional vocalists like what Ayreon has done. For example in a single album, there can be operatic vocals alongside a non-classic one. I don't know which musical direction the group wants to go in the future so it all depends on what they envision.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria

enjoy~ :3c

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Epica. I love Simone Simons' voice, and the contrast with Mark Jansen is surprisingly harmonic. My favourite album is A Divince Conspiracy since every song is dynamic and powerful. Recently I've been having this song on repeat:

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Thorns of the carrion is my all time favorite band. I was disappointed when the broke up the band. They were simply majestic and I have never grown bored or tired of them, even listening them for over a decade now. Here are some of the songs I love:

The Story of the Leaves - my all time favorite song and I uploaded to Youtube :mono

To Covet the Dancing Wind - has to be my second favorite song. The poetry is amazing.

Naomi's Waters - another masterpiece...

Song for Lucretia - you will know when you listen it...

Carmilla - once again, an amazing collection of music and poetry

Eve of the Emerald Sun - you have to listen to the musical prowess of TOTC

Beautiful Thorns To Caress The Girl - a love ballad...

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Jeff Hanneman, guitarist and founding member of Slayer, passed away. :(

David Rose

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
When it comes to metal i can always recommend Red Fang. Those guys are just awesome! :D

Plus, if you're really looking for something new, try Stonehelm! They only made one album and then had to got to work again. But they're pretty good. Also thumbs up for Arnie. :P

If you never listened to Clutch or Tool this maybe something you should try. My favourite bands by far, even if they're not exactly metal. ;)

But wait, there's more: Austrian Death Machine, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, CKY, Five Finger Deathpunch, Fu Manchu, Eläkeläiset
I don't know how popular those guys are in your individual countries, but they all are worth a shot if you ask me. :P

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
metallica, rob zombie, and black sabbath

ComradeLewis

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
No Galneryus love? I couldn't have gotten through White Knight Chronicles without them...

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The music video is a little dated, but it's still a good song.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm no fan. I don't know much about the genre itself. But I have seen metallica on stage several times & I'm still waiting to see a group better than them on stage.
In an other genre, Rammstein is also very impressive on stage.

I don't enjoy listening to metal that much but on stage, it's really something.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Rammstein's lives are indeed very awesome from what I've seen online. I'm sure they're much better in person.

There are a lot of sub-genres within metal so I'm sure there's something out there that works for you. Within Temptation is a symphonic metal band even though their softer songs such as Memories are far from what you'd expect from metal.

I used to stay away from rough vocals, but now I'm okay with bands such as Kalmah, Darzamat and Tristania. (I can't stand metalcore though tbh.)

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How 3 Inches of Blood started:

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

TStew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Metal fan here, though I am not so big into music that I recognize a lot of whats been mentioned, I'll have to spend some more time and listen to them. Metallica has always been pretty much my favorite band but another I like as much and a lot less mainstream is Iced Earth. They have had problems with the bands members changing quite a bit over time but even with different lead singers and such they still put out some good stuff.

Hard to say what my favorites are, but here are a couple I tend to go to a lot...

That is part of their 'Something Wicked' Saga (info) which spans multiple albums and songs about how humans were not the first here and they actually came here by force, killing all but ten thousand Setians.

If you go to the actual youtube page, the comments are kinda funny with everyone screaming AaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAa paying homage to the opening scream of the song, which was a good one!

They also have other interesting themes... making songs after historic events, and movies. This song is about the Wolf Man...

I also really like their song about Dark City. I liked the movie too, but honestly like the song better lol.

Their first two albums kind of sucked but after that its pretty good, I think Dystopia is their most popular.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Fitting to this beautiful day ♪♫