Discussion - Mafia Awards | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mafia Awards

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Mafia Awards would be great! Agree that most, if not, all the categories should be focusing on positives. Have some general ones maybe like "Best Overall Player", "Best Mafia Player", "Best Townie Player", "Best New Player" or something like that? Should also have an award for the most amount of times a host has to repeat "thread closed", although that would seemingly go to @Holt for this FGO game :XD

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So @Crescent Jinx and @GrySun brought up the idea of Mafia Awards. Considering how active this section is, and the history, it's indeed a good idea.

This thread is to serve as a brainstorming place for potential Mafia Awards. We'll appreciate suggestions for categories and awards you'd like to see.
Right. Jinx and Gry "brought" it up, when FF plotted MG awards since first MH awards :rofl

I'm not in favour for negative categories such as "Worst Game", as am conflicted for stuff like "Troll host" as it incentivises unfavorable behaviour, besides sort of covered via Hall of Shame.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Right. Jinx and Gry "brought" it up, when FF plotted MG awards since first MH awards :rofl

I'm not in favour for negative categories such as "Worst Game", as am conflicted for stuff like "Troll host" as it incentivises unfavorable behaviour, besides sort of covered via Hall of Shame.
Tfw @Holt didn‘t do it since even longer than we thought.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This one will happen lol XD

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
There are 3 types of people in this world: 1) those that make things happen, 2) those that watch things happen, and 3) those that wonder what happened.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I don't play often anymore but I agree with my lover that those who wanna play their trolly strategies (a la SonOfDaws, Zasz) should do so because of just, well, being them.
If you include Most WTF Moment, Most Troll Player, Most AFK Player, Worst Moment etc, then people who realize a game is already going bad for them might start doing some left field crazy shit to get an award instead of playing well.

I can see these working.

Best Avatar Sets (as much cred as they get they deserve even more!)
Best Game of the Year
Best Newbie Player
Best Game Moment
Best Town Player
Best Mafia Player
Best Third Party Player
Most Polyvalent/Overall Player
Best Team
Beat Host (in which is sort of included Best Game Mechanic, unless someone reuses someone else's Mechanics, right?)

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
@Holt
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I uh, nominate him for most contributive.