Discussion - Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands

If you would like to play, please announce your participation here. This thread is strictly for announcing your participation and discussing the games rules. Once enough people have joined the game will be played in the separate "Mafia Game Thread".

Game Rules
Click here for basic game rules.
Welcome to MH's first "Mafia Game". The MH specific game rules will be explained below.

Players will be secretly assigned two roles. One group will play the "Mafia" role; the other group will play the "townspeople" role. The townspeople will not know who other townspeople or Mafia members are. However the Mafia members will know who is a Mafia member and who isn't.

During the day phase, all of the players debate the identities of the Mafia members and at the end each person will vote to eliminate a suspect. This is carried out in the "game thread". In the game's "night" phase the Mafia will discuss through PM’s (which will be sent to the moderator when it’s over) on who they should kill. They will then send the unlucky person’s name onto to the moderator. Play will then continue until all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or until the Mafia outnumber the townspeople.

A typical game will start with a minimum of 9 players, 7 Townspeople and 2 Mafia members. The members that will be Mafia and Townspeople will be chosen through a random list generator . Whereby the participating player’s names will be put in and after the randomisation the Mafia roles will go to the names at the top of the list. This is to avoid butthurt and favouritism accusations. :'[

Lastly, the numbers of Mafia Members depends on the number of participants:
  • 7 - 9 = 2 Mafias
    10 - 15 = 3 Mafias
    16 - 20 = 4 Mafias
    etc.

More rules on the two phases. The game will be split up into two phases: Day and Night

PHASE 1: DAY

This is where you discuss /argue about who is and isn't mafia. As soon as the day phase starts, you are allowed to vote. The day phase will take place strictly inside the “game” thread. Any discussions regarding the day phase outside the thread will be dealt with severely.

VOTE KILL [User]

This will be the manner in which you vote. Make sure it is clearly displayed in your post (i.e. please try not to put it in spoilers etc as it could be missed).

You can also abstain by voting to lynch no one. A Abstention should be similar to a voting kill e.g:

[User] Abstains from voting

You will be only allowed 1 vote change per phase. So use your vote wisely. Day phase will last about 24 hours, or until the moderator gets a majority on votes for one person (majority = half +1)

PHASE 2: NIGHT

There should be no posting in this thread during the night phase.

During the night phase, the mafia members will collaborate and choose who they want to kill. They will not do this in the thread, but via PM's with each other.

At the beginning of the game the Mafia members will be informed of the other members. The Mastermind must PM the moderator telling them their choice for the night's murder. They should also pm the PM discussions separately. There can only be on death in the night phase therefore the mafia members must come to an agreement.

If you don't send in your night kill before the night phase ends, then your action will not get performed. You can send your night actions during the day phase, if you think you will not be online.

Night Phase lasts 24 hours, or until the moderator gets the night kill.

OTHER INFO

Absolutely DO NOT discuss the game outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia members discussing it with other mafia through pm's). This is so that people do not reveal their roles and ruin the game. Don't post any screenshots, PMs or anything similar that can reveal your role. If you cheat, you will automatically be killed, and will not be allowed in future games.

Try and be active in every day phase by trying to post at least once. This is to promote activity. If you are busy in real life, send the moderator a PM to warn them.

Dead people can't talk. So don't post once your character is dead; do not help others once you are dead. You can however, lurk the thread.

Additional Info:

PRO PLAYER ROLES:

PROTAGONISTS:

• Detective (Townie): Can 'investigate' one person per night phase i.e. Ask a moderator through a PM about a players allegiance. (GAME 1)
  • Doctor (Townie): The Doctor can "save" a person per night phase i.e. He will PM a moderator during the night phase and can request to save a player, that player then cannot be killed during the night phase by the Mafia. (GAME 1)
  • Insane Detective (Townie): Can 'investigate' one person per night phase, just like the Detective. As against him he will always get the opposite result though. The Insane Detective does not know about his own Insanity. (GAME 2)
  • Freeman (Townie): The Freeman is like a regular Townie, with the exception that if he is killed during the night or lynched during the day the next Day phase is skipped. (GAME 2)
  • Hider (Townie): Each night the Hider may choose another person to hide behind. If somebody tries to kill the Hider while he is hiding then the kill fails. If the person that the Hider is hiding behind is killed then both of them die. If the Hider is hiding behind the person who tries to kill the Hider, then the kill succeeds. (GAME 3)
  • Insane Doctor (Townie): The Insane Doctor has the Doctor's ability to prevent death, but has a 50% chance of killing his target instead of protecting him. The Insane Doctor does not know about his own Insanity. (GAME 5)
  • Prostitute (Townie): The Prostitute/Role Blocker chooses one player per Night to distract. That player will be prevented from performing his Night Choice, if he has one. It doesn't matter if the chosen player is a Townie or Mafia. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]
  • Bulletproof Townie (Townie): The Bulletproof has a permanent protection from Night Kills. Any attempts to kill him at Night will fail, so the only way he can be killes is being lynched at Day. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]
  • Naive Doctor (Townie): The Naive Doctor is simular to a regular Doctor, with the exception that he has no actually Power of Protection. He is told that he is a regular Doctor and doesn't know that he has no unique ability. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]
  • Sickly Townie (Townie): The Sickly Townie might choose a player each Night to infect who then can't vote in the following Day Phase, because he gets a cold. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]

ANTAGONISTS:

• Mafia Boss (Mafia): The Boss heads the Mafia family and is in charge of sending victim choices to the Moderator. Also, the Mafia Boss usually appears innocent to Detectives. (GAME 2)
  • Mafia Detective (Mafia): The Mafia Detective has the ability to investigate one player per Night and learn the player's Role. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]
  • Mafia Janitor (Mafia): The Janitor cleans up the body after the kill. When Day breaks, the Town would not learn the victim's Role. When he gets killed the Town also gets to know the other players Roles. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]

OTHERS:

• Serial Killer (Third Party): The Serial Killer is like a lone Mafia Member. He kills once per night and his goal is to be the sole survivor. (GAME 5)
  • Mason (Townie Cult): Masons are a Group of Townies that know each other to be innocent. They can communicate with each other at Night if they choose, but otherwise have no special abilities. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]
  • Recruiting Mason (Townie Cult): A Recruiting Mason is a a Mason Group Leader that starts all by himself and tries to recruit one player each Night. He selects one player each night to try to recruit. If he picks a Pro-Townie Role, then that player joins the Group and is able to talk with other Group Members in the Group during the Nights. The Recruiting Mason dies if he attempts to recruit a Mafia Member. (GAME 6) [highlight]New![/highlight]

If you have any further questions, just PM the moderator of the game or :police.

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]2989481[/split]

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

they're bad. they're just bringing confusion. for example for manson we know they can be many, same for detective or doctor. but for all the new roles u introduced, crappy descriptions, too many at the same time and you didn't even bother to write them on the role list on the first page of the game. One have to search whenever he want to find them. report yi
I for once agree with Scav completely

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6 - Part 2

I think it's because the role is pretty powerless. Two Bombs, two Vigilantes, two Prostitutes would be too much power for Townie side.
At least, this needs a fix so that the Restless Spirit can join the entire discussion during the next phase.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

I for once agree with Scav completely
This comment is in both threads...

REALLY INTERESTING...

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

I think it's because the role is pretty powerless. Two Bombs, two Vigilantes, two Prostitutes would be too much power for Townie side.
At least, this needs a fix so that the Restless Spirit can join the entire discussion during the next phase.
Well, we don't know what roles has the mafia or if they have a sleeper.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway

Wow so much crap towards niichan, give him a fucking break. It's his first time hosting, and it's a massive game.

Take a chill pill if there's something you don't like, and have a good discussion around it after the game has ended.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

Well, we don't know what roles has the mafia or if they have a sleeper.
Regardless, multiple Bombs or Vigilantes would still be too difficult for Mafia to overcome.
I also don't particularly find Sickly Townie relevant, but I have no idea how to power-up it a bit without overdoing it like silencing a player for an entire phase.

Anyway, we should discuss it after this game ends. Not just the rules thing or something, but when the host isn't able to freely join the discussion because of his position, we won't get to anywhere.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Wow so much crap towards niichan, give him a fucking break. It's his first time hosting, and it's a massive game.

Take a chill pill if there's something you don't like, and have a good discussion around it after the game has ended.
My butthole was defiled the first time I hosted! He should be criticized if he made mistakes.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Arctigor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania

My butthole was defiled the first time I hosted! He should be criticized if he made mistakes.
I think he only did one mistake so far...

and putting 2 RS was really fun...:D

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I don't mind but let's wait for that until the game ends. No point criticizing me now because I can't change anything nor can I comment on anything. For now try to take things how they are and try to win the game with your respective party.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, don't bother trying to discuss it now since stuff can slip unknowingly.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have to get up in around 5 hours and I'm not sure if everyone's night choice will be out until then so I fear the night phase will last a bit longer again because I just can't return earlier than 2 PM GMT+1 from work. Please bear with me, after that I will have a lot of time on my hands so no need to fear another phase lasting longer than the usual.

I'm very sorry everyone, I'm trying to make this game as enjoyable as possible but I was way busier than I actually expected. Sorry for the inconvenience ;__;

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu

Call me butthurt, but I agree with scav as well. Hider is also powerless, so is sickly when the game starts, and we don't see two of them.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Hm, sorry for continuing it D: I didn't finish reading the thread before posting and you guys are right about w8ing to talk about that.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

I have to get up in around 5 hours and I'm not sure if everyone's night choice will be out until then so I fear the night phase will last a bit longer again because I just can't return earlier than 2 PM GMT+1 from work. Please bear with me, after that I will have a lot of time on my hands so no need to fear another phase lasting longer than the usual.

I'm very sorry everyone, I'm trying to make this game as enjoyable as possible but I was way busier than I actually expected. Sorry for the inconvenience ;__;
It's ok, lulz. Don't worry.

Reactions: GB

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
New roles are always entertaining. I didn't play in this round, but give NN somewhat of a break as it's his first time hosting and he tried to alter the game a bit.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
THis was niichan's first time hosting? Why are people being a hardass, then? It was his first time, he's allowed to make mistakes. Don't whine, help him learn from his mistakes so he can do a better job next time.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Now everyone is a nice guy -_-;

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If you're pointing fingers me, then do recall that I never once complained about niichan nor did I whine constantly about updating the list like other rude people did.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Being a mod and then hosting the game is tough. Not to mention there is real life too. I am guessing unexpected real life commitments is keeping niichan occupied. Had he know, he would not have volunteered to be a host. May be for the next game, we can have more than just one host (both not playing the game).

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As I haven't played this round, what exactly does a Restless Spirit do?

Status
Not open for further replies.