Round of 16 - Mard Geer Tartarus vs Jacob Lessio | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Mard Geer Tartarus vs Jacob Lessio

Which Fighter Advances?

• Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Jacob Lessio

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Bo16, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Mard Geer TartarusJacob Lessio
Discussion will end on: June 1st, 2016
Voting will end on: June 2nd, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Damn, this is tough. Might wait for more discussion before committing. Right now I'd pick Jacob with very high difficulty. Both are tanks but don't have impressive offence. Really hard one.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Wow that's quite the match up ^^ But I'm gonna go with Mard Geer. As long as he can avoid "transport" (which I'm sure he can), then with his durability and strength as a demon (momento mori) he would have the upper hand. I'm sure Jacob will put up a tenatious fight, however he would eventually go down to the second strongest of Zeref's demons. (wow just remembered they are both minions of the same person :p)

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
As a Demon with an assortment of magical shenanigans backing him, I want to say Mard Geer as I see him having some form of Teleportation/Displacement magic (he also combats Celestial beings, even a King).... but I hadn't see it -- or don't remember if I had -- so unfortunately, i'll have to say that Jacob wins with a clap....damn!:darn

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Seeing that Jacob's Transport is now restricted (i.e unable to be used) and that would be the only thing that could really hinder Mard in this fight, I can see Mard Geer taking this one out in a bit of a tough fight.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing that Jacob's Transport is now restricted (i.e unable to be used) and that would be the only thing that could really hinder Mard in this fight, I can see Mard Geer taking this one out in a bit of a tough fight.
Transport is restricted?
Mard takes this all day everyday lol.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It is?:oh Jacob doesn't have many options then as he is predominantly an assassin & that transport magic was his signature as well as his trump card.

He will school Mard Geer in CQC perhaps & take him by surprise with his stealth, but the dude is lacking firepower & Mard Geer is a tank.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
This match-up is actually pretty difficult, but if Jacob's transport is really restricted, then i'd go for Mard Geer without a doubt.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
without Transprot Mard Geer wins this low-mid diff.I got the impression that Jacob doesn't have that great durability.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This fight is going to be pretty difficult for both of them.

Mard Geer is without a doubt really powerful once he uses Etherious form which outclasses Jacob in feats. But still, Jacob can use Stealth throughout the fight so it would be pretty difficult to track him.

Mard Geer's Thorn Curse would be a non-factor in this fight. It won't help him against Stealth.

Anyway, in the end I'd go with Mard Geer mid diff. Stealth would be difficult to deal with, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mard Geer could capture him in Memento Mori to make him 'vanish'. I don't think Jacob could do a lot against Etherious Mard as well, even if he is invisible.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
As Transport is restricted i see Mard Geer winning this fight.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mard's a tank and his durability is at Spriggan level but Jacob has him beat in the CQC department. After a long drawn out fight of Jacob kicking and punching Mard around he eventually wins. Mard's offence ain't all that impressive.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I honestly would've given his to Jacob but I really don't see what attacks he could use that will get past EMG's durability. Mere punches simply won't suffice no matter how strong they are and that's mostly what Jacob showed. Makarov was also able to send Jacob flying (though little to no damage was done). In the end, even though I give Jacob the advantage in other stats, I doubt he can land a finishing blow

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
As I thought... I take back what I said about Jacob losing the next round... Didn't know he was going up against a Pre-Timeskip character.

For Mard Geer Tartaros vs Jacob Lessio, the match will be quite difficult to determine the winner... The only reason Jacob would win this is because of the timeskip difference, which I will explain why it has such a significant impact.
  • Mard Geer < Jacob Lessio [Extreme Difficulty]
Even though I am reluctant to say that Jacob wins this (due to what I said in the Tournament General Discussion/Hangout Thread), he does. This battle will come down to who can last longer. In other words who has more MP.
  • Attack: Mard Geer > Jacob
  • Defense: Mard Geer < Jacob
  • Speed: Mard Geer > Jacob
  • Versatility: Mard Geer > Jacob
  • Intelligence: Mard Geer > Jacob
  • MP: Mard Geer < Jacob
It looks like Mard Geer wins at first, which is why I was about to pick him but after thinking about it, he doesn't.

First, we'll assess Attack Power. Mard Geer definitely has many attacks (some are hype) over Jacob. The problem here is that we got considerable hype that Gray + Natsu improved over the timeskip. Base Natsu, who should be almost as strong as Pre-Timeskip DeS Gray and DF Natsu combined, was injured by Jacob. Let's also note that Lucy helped Base Natsu in this fight along with many others. Add her into this, and Base Natsu + Lucy ≈ Pre-Timeskip DeS Gray + DF Natsu. So Jacob has enough attack power to to injure Base Natsu + Lucy while Mard Geer was able to damage Pre-Timeskip DeS Gray + DF Natsu. The only difference is that Natsu and Gray (against Mard Geer) had seemingly more injuries than Natsu and Lucy (against Jacob). So let's say Mard Geer has higher offensive power (slightly).

Second, we'll talk about Defense/Durability. I understand that Mard Geer was fighting both Pre-Timeskip DeS Gray + DF Natsu, but that really tells us about his Stamina/Endurance more than anything. The fact still stands that he was taken down by only one attack from Pre-Timeskip DeS Gray. Jacob was taken down by one-shot from FDKM Natsu. Just thinking about this, assuming that Current DeS Gray = Current FDKM Natsu, that would mean Current DeS Gray can one-shot Jacob while it only took Pre-Timeskip DeS Gray to one-shot Mard Geer. In the end, it took more attack power to take down Jacob then it took to defeat Mard Geer. Also, Mard Geer is approximately 2x stronger than Kyōka (Meaning it takes at least 2 Kyōka's to defeat him). Seeing how easily it was for characters like Wendy to beat Ezel in the current arc, it should be the same for Erza and Kyōka (If Erza was Full-Power). So I don't see how Jacob would lose to 2 Kyōka's here, which is why he wins (significantly).

Third, we'll look at speed. It's pretty obvious Mard Geer wins here because he is able to fly in Etherious Form. Jacob has stealth but that doesn't increase his speed.

Next is Versatility. Not much needs to be said. Mard Geer wins.

Additionally, there is Intelligence. Again, pretty simple. Mard Geer wins.

Last is MP. Jacob wins just based on hype + portrayal + feats.

Conclusion: So here is what it comes down to. Jacob has lower attack damage compared to Mard Geer. So it would be tough for Jacob to defeat him. However, although Mard Geer has higher attack power, with that comes Jacob's higher durability. I see them doing equal damage in the end. Neither can affect the other. This comes down to who can last longer (MP). In this case, Jacob.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mard Geer Tartaros fodderizes Jacob Lessio.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Mard very easy but it takes a lot of time

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Jacob wins.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jacob. S12 tier >>>> Tartaros and it's been shown and stated multiple times. Jacob is also on par with a dude that has all the Tartaros' curses so... yeah Jacob low diffs.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Jacob. S12 tier >>>> Tartaros and it's been shown and stated multiple times. Jacob is also on par with a dude that has all the Tartaros' curses so... yeah Jacob low diffs.
How could Jacob possibly low diff Mard Geer? First of all, Transport is restricted which is without a doubt his trump card. In other words, Jacob can't go all out. Without Transport, there is no way how Jacob could be on par with Bradman.

The only thing he can use is Stealth. It will give Mard Geer a tough time to find him, but Jacob won't have a chance to do a single thing against Etherious Mard Geer. Why? Because he can fly and Jacob can't. Jacob is pretty useless from that point. Mard Geer will just catch him in Memento Mori or wait before he runs out of MP so he can oneshot him.

If Jacob wasn't restricted in Transport, I can believe he could low diff Mard Geer. But in this fight it's impossible for him to defeat Mard Geer.

Status
Not open for further replies.