Shounen - Mato Seihei no Slave by Takahiro & Yohei Takemura | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mato Seihei no Slave by Takahiro & Yohei Takemura

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Synopsis

The battle fantasy manga will follow heroines who protect people in an alternate space known as the Mato (magic capital).

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
nice :)

I'm currently reading Hinowa ga Yuku! which is sequel to Akame ga Kill.
looking forward to his new series :wtf

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Read the first chapter today.

The heroine reminds me of Esdeath

Koni

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Huh, this thread is quite dead...

I just read this. Honestly, the manga's just really fun. I hope it continues to survive in Jump Plus, cause this is filling the battle harem void that Highschool DxD left for me. I find the characters and battles to be really enjoyable, with a highlight going to the various monster forms that the MC takes. Also, the artist is seriously good with drawing ecchi.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Started this after seeing those hot volume covers, and wow best ecchi series I've seen since High School DxD!

The phrase, "every girl is Best Girl" really applies to this series. The female cast is loaded with various personalities, great designs, and cool powers. Hell, I even made a tier list, it's that good. Yuuki the male mc and only relevant male character, is solid as well. Strong support, common sense, and takes his rewards like a champ.

Tenka number 1 :nod

The art is glorious. The reward scenes are chef's kiss and the battle choreography is pretty good too.

The only thing is there isn't much to say about the main group of villains yet, as they've mostly been in the background so far. Though Kuusetsu looks promising right now. Aoba and the Azumas were decent as antagonists in their arcs as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Hermit have you read this or wanna give it a look. Here's an incentive ;)
@lakhan220 I feel this is quality your eyes would approve :heh

Fresh from today's chapter :hearts

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
@Hermit have you read this or wanna give it a look. Here's an incentive ;)
I know about it yes, but I was going to wait to watch the anime, lol. I've seen art of it around, definitely curious about it.

That Valentine's incentive btw :nosebleed

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know about it yes, but I was going to wait to watch the anime, lol.
No problem :verily. Fingers crossed on the adaption 🙏

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
No problem :verily. Fingers crossed on the adaption 🙏
Did they ever announce when the anime will air? Or they just confirmed an adaptation.
Btw, there's also an ongoing WSJ series that's going to get an anime adaptation, and its an ecchi. It's called Ayakashi Triangle. Have you heard of it? Or are you already reading it :XD

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did they ever announce when the anime will air? Or they just confirmed an adaptation.
Btw, there's also an ongoing WSJ series that's going to get an anime adaptation, and its an ecchi. It's called Ayakashi Triangle. Have you heard of it? Or are you already reading it :XD
All I've seen so far is the teaser visual when the anime was announced, no date yet.

Yeah, I read AT's 1st chap a while back, and seen the CPs here and there, but I'll wait for the anime.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've actually been reading this for a minute. Didn't know it had a thread until I saw it bumped last month.

It's ecchi/softcore as all hell, but definitely fun. Fights are great and abilities are super interesting.

Nariyuki from WNL, Rentarou from 100 GFs, Iruma from Demon School, and Rokudou from Rokudou's bad girls have raised the bar for harem protags. Yuki is just too simple I feel. He has a good base, but he's missing a bit more depth.

As usual, I'm not a fan of the main girl here and prefer the secondary girls who actually put forth the effort in their pursuit. But more on that later.

I love a tier list, so I'll pop mine up later today if I remember.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Latest popularity poll results revealed. Tenka supremacy :D

From last chapter, looks like the end of the line for Kuusetsu. Kinda wanted to her make it out of here with her absorptions, and continue evolving over the series. But, she was up against a stacked lineup in Kyouka, Tenka, Tobera, Aoba, and Ren(air support), so def understandable. Mira's out, more yankee girl action is always great. Looking forward to the reward this time.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm low key pissed that Shushu came in 9th and Kyouka was in 4th.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly didn't think anyone could challenge Tenka for best girl, but Mira has emerged.

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So...Chapter 84 (Raw) is already out and, somehow, I am the only one to notice it? OK...

Anyhow, here is my personal review/commentary for Chapter 84

1. So, the manga begins with Mira taking Yuki Bike a motor rodeo and the powers of the Yuki Bike is explained: Sonic Boom that is so loud that it forces Shuki to come out from underground, and a Flamethrower Breath breath that burn those Shuki into crisped BBQ. When the last one appears, both Mira and Yuki beat them by literally run over it.
  2. After the trainning and test drive, Mira invites Yuki to get into her own jeep for a drink and each of them give themselves a toast...until she sees Yuki drinks her own lemon juice, which she gave him as "reward" may I add, then snatching Yuki's pineapple juice and drink it?! All because she thinks Yuki drinking her lemon juice as a indirect kiss? What a story but hey, you gotta give her credit 'cause at least she walks the talk, her. But wait, they're not done yet...
  3. She then takes off her bandages and then tells Yuki to embrace her and kiss her directly. And, hoooooh boy, look how aggressive these kisses really are! Look at the (whose) hand print and see what I mean, and I'd better leave that to people's imagination to tell the whole story...
  4. Anyways, the scene goes to 7th Dorm where Yuki, who is still flusttered over Mira's "reward", is greeted by Kyouka who congratulating him for the hardwork but asking him to train with her once he is finished resting, to which Yuki immediately complies afyer looking at Kyouka's look and tells her that they will certainly going to get strong, much to Kyouka's smile.
Waifu wars aside, maybe we should talk about the future chapters after 84 and this...may going to change the series if things going interesting.

-First off, the emergency announcement from the Mato Demon Slayer Corp. It seems that double down the security and trainning aren't even suffice to prepare for the incoming 8 Thunder Gods (Now 6 are left after Kuusetsu's soul resided at Yuki). The funny thing about this is that Ren once gloated that the demon slayer once fought the Thunder Gods in 3 battle but only beating one God. So, if the emergency is anything to go by, this means that the aftermath of the Yokohama Incident just gave the Mato Denfense Corp some heck of wake up call and they nkw taking the 8 Gods seriouslu from now on. Speaking of who, I wonder where are those 2 demon slayers (either captain or vice captain) now? Deceased? MIA? Injured to the point retired reluctantly? Or worse, defected to the dark side due to personal vices and reached godhood?!
-BTW, expect Onmyou Agency will be invovled as they will sabotage, interfere or even outright hinder the Demon Slayer Corp's investigation about 8 Gods as the plot thickens. Given Naon's flashback about being guinea pig to the Onmyou Agency, something tells me that the latter is somewhat associated with 8 Gods for some reason, be it directly or otherwise, meaning that there is a conspiracy going on and Ren is actually being manipulated to cover up this affair. Also, this makes Yuki's position EXTREMELY dangerous as he will be targeted by Onmyou Agency for some couple of factors. More about them later.
-As for the 8 Thunder Gods, I did some bits of digging about them via some search engine and I find something...intriguing. Trivia, these antagonists are seemly loosely based on the Japanese mythology's own counterpart named Yakusai no Ikazuchi (八色雷公) but unlike the usual Raijin and Fujin (雷神と風神), these 8 "gods" are maggots that are latching on each body parts of Izanami-the First Goddess in Japan mythology who was resided at Yomi (黄泉). According to some sources, these 8 monsters were ordered by Izanami to go after a god named Izanagi-Izanami's husband who left her behind at Yomi after finding out her true form due to his impetience.
-Back to the main subject, just because the Mato Demon Corp declared emergency announcment into double down their effort to beat the 8 Gods after the aftermath of the Yokohama incident doesn't mean that the 8 Gods aren't prepared to be one step ahead of them. Sure, the gods' numbers but nobody knows what are the agenda of the 8 Gods and you can't count Kuusetsu out yet just because she is (technically) imprisoned inside Yuki's soul. While the first three (Shikoku, Rairen and Jouryu) were powerful for defeating Team 7, Team 6 and the 3 Former Humans so easily, you ain't see nothing yet because the last 3 will be equally, if not as powerful and dangerous as their fellow gods, and the last 2 new gods may have the power that might force Fubuki to go 75-80% for the first time. My speculations goes that if the final boss of the series could be...this version of Izanami who views that Yuki is her Izanagi? Will this make Yuki a target by the Onmyou Agent as their secretive experiments?
-Come to think about it, a mere fact of Kuusetsu's soul residing inside of Yuki should be VERY concerning 'cuz only time can tell if Yuki is used as Kuusetsu's (or more disturbingly, Izanami) vassal and do harm? Worse yet, since she become a spirit reside she could be sending messages to her fellow gods and even Izanami herself...spirtual by proxy about Yuki and probably observes him from within. How will that play out?
-Also, there are something has bothered me quite a bit when I read the manga about the Demon Slayer Corp's roster. Of the numbers from 1-10, I counted that only 9 leaders of their respective teams are present in each meeting and the order seemed to be off: Why the number 4 is skipped? Better question, whatever happened to Division 4 before Yuki joined the force and how they meet their demise? Are they all exterminated by the God lead Shuki? Or are they were sacrificial beings for gods by the Onmyou Agency for knowing too much about their explosive secrets? Or both of them are Shikoku and Joryuu's former human form before their ascension to godhood?
-Up until now, as displayed in some chapters, the meeting between Tenka and Aoba are rather secretive, to the point not even Kyouka or even her squad members know it, yet. So far, only Kyoka and Tenka know that Aoba's current identity and her being Yuki's missing sister, but it seems Tenka is the only one who want to keep Aoba's good sides as if she wants her to acknowledge her as Yuki's future wife, somewhat. Bottom line, Tenka & Aoba's secret meeting will going to be busted sooner than latter if anyone from whichever the team catches her doing that, and Tenka herself may be facing punishment that is more severe than being fired from her position, given her aquiantence with the Azumas especially with Yachiho being under her wing, hence her friendship with Tobera. Even worse, Tenka may suffered a dilemma to either capture or kill Aoba if she want to not only keeping her job, but also when Yuki was taken hostage by the Onmyou Ageny and she will be blackmailed that he will be killed if she didn't do what the agency said. Surely this will affect not just Aoba, but also the Azumas well espeically Himari and Yachiho when they learn the relationship between Yuki and a Former Human named Aoba. How will she choose? Will she betray Aoba by doing what the agency said in the name of Yuki at the expense of Kyoka's trust? Or tell the agency to take a hike because she can't betray her future family at the expense of her relationship with the Azumas (where Yachiho is forced to take the Team 7 Captain and hunt down Tenka personally)?
-Speaking of the Azuma Clan, it seems this affluent family play a VERY important role in the story. The Azuma Banquet Arc display the prowess of each member of the family and neither of them a slouch in what they do, and the family drama seemed ended after Fubuki succeeded Tobera as the latest leader of the family but while she maintains the tradition of the family, she also trying to give others some love to branch family since Tobeta's iron rule of strength was the reason by the branch family loathed th main one. That pressure will going to mount if Tenka is caught redhanded for meeting a Former Human in secret and decision will be fall into the hands of Fubuki, who is extremely stoic in her job as the leader of her family and her interest with Yuki. Also, the bombshell stuns Yachiho and especially Himari the hardest as they never seen the Wakura Sibling's bond is THAT close than even the famed Azuma, which may causes Himari to feel envy about Yuki to have a loving sister and some regret for her past ill-treatment to Yuki, the latter of which also shared by Yachiho (and probably extends to Maia, Homare and even AND especially Fubuki and Tobera) who realizes that the Wakura Sibling's bond is even stronger than that of even the Azumas. That being said, what is Fubuki's stance regarding Tenka's "crimes"? Will the Azuma grant pardon on Tenka's behalf due to the bond of the Wakura Siblings? Or they will go with Ren and the Onmyou Agency to banish Tenka from the Demon Corp, forcing Himari to go on against Fubuki's will becuase even she views that is gone too far.
--And....to make speculations even more interesting in future chapters, one Thunder God's appearance will going to change the Azumas forever as it, assuming also a male god like Rairen, putting the entire Azumas on edge and seemly the only person who give Tobera and Fubuki a run of their money for the first time. To twist the knife even further? Tobera/Fubuki/Himari is about to confront their own Dabi as the god in question is actually a missing Azuma and it's revelation, whichever it's relationsbip with either Azama, will going to break the Azuma apart as it going to destroy the family's good name by forcing Tobera to eat her own words about not forgiving those who bring the Azuma's name into mud. Irony aside, what's the backstory of the Thunder God who is formerly named Azuma and how did it became god? Is it banished from the family because it is either too ambitious and power hungry by even the Azama's standards, and then became god as revenge? Or is it is the weakest link ( far weaker than Hibari) and get banished for it and then get it's revenge as a proof of power of a god? Or, a bigger twist, it was one of the VERY few Azuma who isn't power hungry as the rest of the Azumas and it's appearance alone is the ONlY reason why the family wasn't as dysfunctional as it is now until tragedy struck that led to Tobera/Fubuki uphold the power is might idealogy, and then the former good Azuma turned evil after becoming god as becuase of it's relation with the Azumas, it declare that the Azuma will be cursed by a god...
-Either way, this make Yuki be protected from either side and, if the climax becoming even more interesting with a sudden twist, Yuki is becoming the final boss of the seies when he is possessed by Izanami and fight against just about everyone. This put Team 7 at odds with Yuki and only they can free Yuki from Inazami's possession .

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really liking Konomi so far, her fighting style is so cool. Hell, the grandma summoning her dead husband was badass as well.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Trailer dropped. The cgi was rough, but the shuki, besides the horned one, aren't major and hopefully Yuuki slave mode can be tolerable. Character design was good tho.

Vol. 12

Jump Festa illustration:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's funny that taming Yuuki is the main objective and flexing on the gods is a side quest. But damn, Ren sure is something special in combat. Jouryuu was pretty impressive too, dealing with Yuuki's strongest form without much difficulty.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's funny that taming Yuuki is the main objective and flexing on the gods is a side quest. But damn, Ren sure is something special in combat. Jouryuu was pretty impressive too, dealing with Yuuki's strongest form without much difficulty.
I'm really curious about the true strength of all the gods. Kuusetsu implied that all of them had other forms that were far stronger than hers, so Jouryuu showing that she's as capable as Ren physically in her own base form is pretty wild. And we still have gods that are likely stronger than her.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really curious about the true strength of all the gods. Kuusetsu implied that all of them had other forms that were far stronger than hers, so Jouryuu showing that she's as capable as Ren physically in her own base form is pretty wild. And we still have gods that are likely stronger than her.
Ren flexed on Jouryuu tho. But yeah going by Kuusetsu who matched Mira, I could see Shikoku, Jouryuu, and others potentially matching Tenka and Yakumo, who are the most broken chiefs. Ren looks to be the unquestioned strongest bar the God's leader. Though looks like they'll deal with her by other means, most likely involving the doppelganger god.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Doggo Ren lives up to the hype :lmao. Looking forward to the extended version when the volume releases.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Last edited: