Table Tennis - Men's Team Table Tennis | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Table Tennis Men's Team Table Tennis

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Men's Team Table Tennis

You can discuss everything about Men's Team Table Tennis competition in this thread. You can make your predictions about this and other Olympics events in Mangahelpers Olympics 2012 Contest Poll and win awards, see Discussion Thread for more information about the contest.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
China is obviously the overwhelming favorites but I think there'll be a tough race for silver medal position between Germany and South Korea. Even though he's not in best shape Timo Boll is one of the best players in the world and with addition of rising star Dimitrij Ovtcharov and veteran Bastian Steger, they're a very formidable team. Joo Se-Hyuk, Oh Sang-Eun and Ryu Seung-Min are all strong players in South Korea team and they can give any opponent besides China a run for their money but Oh Sang-Eun and Ryu Seung-Min are on the decline and they don't play their best table tennis which decreases Korea's chances. On the bright side, Joo Se-Hyuk is a very consistent player but I don't think you can put too much faith in defensive players when it comes to winning the games that really matter, so I see Germany a bit better in silver medal race. Japan is another team to consider, they can pull off a surprise with prodigies Jun Mizutani and Koki Niwa but even though the latter is a very talented player, he's only 17 years old and his inexperience may prove crucial in important games.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Even if he never did anything really good in the olympics & if is far from his top level (just world number 1 in the 90s), Jean-Michel Saive is playing his 7 olympics. With a sport as physical as table tennis, it's quite a feat

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Utter domination by the Chinese. Wow, amazing, both male and female competitions. I think Germany will take bronze here, it would have been strange if China had two more players playing for bronze as well. lol :XD

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well it was always like this, China is unbeatable in the table tennis competition :XD Germany and South Korea are the only ones who managed to challenge them over the last 20 years but they're just too strong. Seriously doubt they will loose in the next 5 to 10 years, anything else would be a big, big surprise.

I wouldn't mind if the german team beats them in the team competition though :arf

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Even though he lost, I liked how Dimitrij Ovtcharov played against number one seed and eventual winner Zhang Jike. He went toe to toe with and often outplayed the Chinese on backhands. He's getting higher and higher in the rankings, I suppose he'll be one of those few who gives Chinese a run for their money in the near future. It's a shame that Timo Boll lost in the early rounds though, Germany definitely needs his A game if they want to stand a little chance against China which seems very improbable at the moment.