Voting Round 3 - Naruto vs. Berserk | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Naruto vs. Berserk

Who wins?

• Naruto

• Berserk

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like your enthusiasm @Emperor Spriggan but Naruto lost this war.
You say that like it had a chance. For christ's sake Berserk is the ASIF of the anime/manga medium!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dammit @Emperor Spriggan, you keep reminding me of the good old days when naruto was a decent shounen. Unfortunately nothing can change that naruto turned out to be a born prodigy who married a thing that does not meet the basic requirements to be a character whose progeny needs to be dealt with via a combination of holy water and napalm.
i'm not sure someone who has a image from the one series who's fall from grace of level of said fall was even worst then narutos' can say such things.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Dammit @Emperor Spriggan, you keep reminding me of the good old days when naruto was a decent shounen. Unfortunately nothing can change that naruto turned out to be a born prodigy who married a thing that does not meet the basic requirements to be a character whose progeny needs to be dealt with via a combination of holy water and napalm.
Then support it for the other characters :hmph
Naruto himself was never exactly a stellar character, but I think the rest of the cast makes up for that. The enjoyment value is still there :wtf

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Then support it for the other characters :hmph
Naruto himself was never exactly a stellar character, but I think the rest of the cast makes up for that. The enjoyment value is still there :wtf
The rest of the cast? I mean, look at the horrible fates and progeny which befell them. Sakura married sasuke. Ino married sai and whatever god blessed their unholy union made sure their son was born a zombie. Yamato evaporated into irrelevance. Perhaps literally at that. Who the fuck even knows what happened to shino, probably irony struck and he was eaten by his own beloved bugs. Then we have kiba who... who even knows. Maybe he realized the futility of modern life and ran of to live in the woods or something and he will someday return home with an odd taste for red meat. That or someone threw a ball which he followed straight into traffic and got ran over. And it was akamaru who threw the ball. On purpose (still a better plot twist than zetsu being the mastermind behind madara's revival who was the mastermind behind obito who was the mastermind behind pain who was the mastermind behind akatsuki). Overall, it kinda looks like the only one whose future is bright is neji mostly because he was spared one. Sure, he died a meaningless death protecting the main house exactly as he was meant to since the day he was born thus rendering his entire existence and significance in the manga moot but that is still much better than having to look at his nephew and niece even once. Guess we all need to high five shikamaru for getting temari. And then tenten... Legend has it one day she went to sleep and then she simply ceased to exist. She didn't evaporate like yamato or die like neji. She just ceased to exist. Her very soul exists nowhere. Gaara thought he had a happy future but through some sick twist of fate he was doomed to don a crappy haircut until he dies. Legend says he occasionally looks at rock lee's hair with envy.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The rest of the cast? I mean, look at the horrible fates and progeny which befell them. Sakura married sasuke. Ino married sai and whatever god blessed their unholy union made sure their son was born a zombie. Yamato evaporated into irrelevance. Perhaps literally at that. Who the fuck even knows what happened to shino, probably irony struck and he was eaten by his own beloved bugs. Then we have kiba who... who even knows. Maybe he realized the futility of modern life and ran of to live in the woods or something and he will someday return home with an odd taste for red meat. That or someone threw a ball which he followed straight into traffic and got ran over. And it was akamaru who threw the ball. On purpose (still a better plot twist than zetsu being the mastermind behind madara's revival who was the mastermind behind obito who was the mastermind behind pain who was the mastermind behind akatsuki). Overall, it kinda looks like the only one whose future is bright is neji mostly because he was spared one. Sure, he died a meaningless death protecting the main house exactly as he was meant to since the day he was born thus rendering his entire existence and significance in the manga moot but that is still much better than having to look at his nephew and niece even once. Guess we all need to high five shikamaru for getting temari. And then tenten... Legend has it one day she went to sleep and then she simply ceased to exist. She didn't evaporate like yamato or die like neji. She just ceased to exist. Her very soul exists nowhere. Gaara thought he had a happy future but through some sick twist of fate he was doomed to don a crappy haircut until he dies. Legend says he occasionally looks at rock lee's hair with envy.
You bring up a lot of salty yet salient points.:amuse

Whatever did happen to Yamato though? Until you mentioned his name I'm pretty sure I forgot he existed. So Tobi took him so that he could power his useless puddy making machine, I remember that part, but after that... I feel like he was never mentioned again. Was he? Or was he just never heard from again?

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You bring up a lot of salty yet salient points.:amuse

Whatever did happen to Yamato though? Until you mentioned his name I'm pretty sure I forgot he existed. So Tobi took him so that could power his useless puddy making machine, I remember that part, but after that... I feel like he was never mentioned again. Was he? Or was he just never heard from again?
honestly, I don't remember.... I think he kinda sort of fell out of the statue thing after it was summoned. Or something like that.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
honestly, I don't remember.... I think he kinda sort of fell out of the statue thing after it was summoned. Or something like that.
And there he lays. To this day.:XD

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You say that like it had a chance. For christ's sake Berserk is the ASIF of the anime/manga medium!

i'm not sure someone who has a image from the one series who's fall from grace of level of said fall was even worst then narutos' can say such things.
You never know. I mean look at Black Clover :notrust

I think Rock Lee was the reason why I didn't get into Naruto. That and the most of the females look weird :s

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I have fond memories and feelings towards both series. But even at Berserk's "worst" or most "mediocre" moment, it's just more engaging, coherent, and enjoyable than Naruto. I have to be honest in saying that a lot of my positive feelings towards Naruto are more about it's components and the potential the series had, not what it actually ended up becoming after some time in the oven. Almost all of the appealing and "cool" things in Naruto that I can think of rarely really amounted to a satisfying payoff. Yes, a great character here (almost always a villain for me), a strong arc/fight there... but overall? No way. it's just vastly inferior to Berserk from a narrative standpoint as a result.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Naruto series was in its prime from when sasuke left the orochimaru (and absorbed him) to find out itachi and the whole itachi's secret to the pain's invasion of leaf village. Those two arcs gave 2 best fights of naruto series for me sasuke vs itachi and naruto vs nagato/ pain. Not to mention the deaths of jiraiya and itachi, the 2 haracters who were the driving force of series 2 main characters naruto and sasuke. Sasuke's past was very well explained and he became my favourite character of the series (you can look at my profile pitcure). Its funny people often complained about FT alvarez arc and say that it lacked the seriousness of an actual war but even the 4th great ninja war was also one sided in alliance favour and even the akatsuki members like kakuz, deidara and sasori wwere fodderised by guys like choji and kankuro. The last arc of naruto became interesting only after obito and real madara came into the pitcure.
Minato wasn't said to be a self made prodigy. He was said to be a prodigy of the once every generation kind but he was like that since he was a child. There are no self made prodigies in naruto, the idea goes against what prodigies in naruto are. Minato has the distinction of being a prodigy in spite of apparently not having alien genes in him though. But even that is not something minato can really take credit for because no one can influence the amount of talent one is born with.
What I meant by self made prodigies are he didn't really needed the teachers help to became stronger, yeah jiraiya was his teacher but even he mentioned that he didn't taught him anything. Minato developed moves himself only, same was the case with itachi and probably shisui also.Sasuke on the other hand was hand picked and trained personally by orochimaru hmself.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Your head was in the right place @The President but you just made a huge mistake.

I'm a hardcore Guts X Farnese shipper! How dare you sully my eyes with Guts X Casca and Serpico X Farnese artwork! I'm now leaning Naruto...heavily.

The only ship Farnese will board is a certain horse.

That said Berserk is simply superior, the emotions Berserk can evoke can't compare to Naruto's effects

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
the emotions Berserk can evoke can't compare to Naruto's effects
To give credit to Naruto, I think they can compare in some instances. The thing working in Berserk's favor is that there were so many more and that leads to much truer and visceral responses overall.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only ship Farnese will board is a certain horse.

That said Berserk is simply superior, the emotions Berserk can evoke can't compare to Naruto's effects
If you want me to never vote for Berserk again throughout the rest of this contest(assuming it doesn't lose here).

Mission accomplished.-_-;

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
To give credit to Naruto, I think they can compare in some instances. The thing working in Berserk's favor is that there were so many more and that leads to much truer and visceral responses overall.
Of course, credit where credit is due. Naruto had amazing moments combined with great visuals that will always be kept as fond memories like the battle at the end of part one or the chuunin exam which is still one of my favourite arcs in manga in general.

It's the comparison to Berserk which "belittles" the series and the not so favourable ending which make it seem like Berserk towers over Naruto like Hashirama's Thousand Hand statue.

If you want me to never vote for Berserk again throughout the rest of this contest(assuming it doesn't lose here).

Mission accomplished.-_-;
That was not the mission but a cost I should have anticipated, rape horse meme is still too strong though.

The thing is that we compare these two particular series right now so it should be just that which determines your vote. Casca sometime getting her memory back might very well lead her to leave Guts which leaves him open for Farnese. In Naruto all ships have sailed while Berserk is full of possibilities. Very tragic possibilities ending in blood and gore but still.

Just the fact that a Berserk shipping + mention of rape horse gets you to never vote for Berserk shows the impact this amazing series has. A mention of NaruxSaku won't evoke such a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.