Voting Round 1 - Natsu Dragneel vs. Licht | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Natsu Dragneel vs. Licht

Who wins?

• Natsu Dragneel

• Licht

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Licht's swords have anti-magic properties, they can cut and nullify magic.

Licht was powerful enough to destroy the clover kingdom which is hundreds of kilometres wide, his physical blows should scale to the power of other people on his level and his other attacks.
Him having a spell that can partially destroy the Clover Kingdom doesn't mean he has the physical strength to do so. That technique was stopped with another magical spell, not by brute force. Brute fighters from that verse like Yami aren't anywhere near Natsu in physical stats.

Not every single sword of Licht has anti-magic properties. Asta's demon gave that attribute to three of them, but Licht only ever claimed one sword with those properties. However, it's a sword with a poor edge that lacks proper cutting feats: the feat you posted isn't anti-magic. That was Licht absorbing the magic from everyone around him into the sword and then shooting it out into his opponent. He doesn't have long-range anti-magic, and shooting Natsu's fire back against him wouldn't hurt him.

It comes down again to Licht's physical strength, in which he's lacking even against base Natsu. If Licht can go all-out in this fight from the beginning, so can Natsu. Natsu has experience against both speedsters an anti-magic users, so while it can be an interesting fight, I still see Natsu winning it.

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Him having a spell that can partially destroy the Clover Kingdom doesn't mean he has the physical strength to do so. That technique was stopped with another magical spell, not by brute force. Brute fighters from that verse like Yami aren't anywhere near Natsu in physical stats.

Not every single sword of Licht has anti-magic properties. Asta's demon gave that attribute to three of them, but Licht only ever claimed one sword with those properties. However, it's a sword with a poor edge that lacks proper cutting feats: the feat you posted isn't anti-magic. That was Licht absorbing the magic from everyone around him into the sword and then shooting it out into his opponent. He doesn't have long-range anti-magic, and shooting Natsu's fire back against him wouldn't hurt him.

It comes down again to Licht's physical strength, in which he's lacking even against base Natsu. If Licht can go all-out in this fight from the beginning, so can Natsu. Natsu has experience against both speedsters an anti-magic users, so while it can be an interesting fight, I still see Natsu winning it.
One sword is all Licht will need. And close range anti-magic is enough.

The fact it has a blunt edge doesn't matter. The brute force of being hit by it should be enough to kill a base Natsu.

Licht could pummel Asta and Yuno with physical strength alone, who were durable enough to tank powerful spells.

Also you're forgetting that Licht's physical strength comes from reinforcement magic. The same mana he was going to put in that kingdom-busting spell is what he uses to augment his physical strength. It's like ki in dragonball, it can be used as a blast or to augment the force of a punch. Licht can use that kingdom-busting power in the force of a physical blow that will definitely kill Base Natsu. He can bush Natsu's cranium in with a sword blow.

The same energy that he was going to use to create a massive kingdom-destroying explosion is what he pumps directly into his muscles when he uses reinforcement magic.

As for the speed difference, Natsu has never fought someone who perceives him as a statue, someone who could hit him a thousand times before the synapses in his brain can fire to tell him someone is standing in front of him.

Last edited:

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
But base Natsu in Edolas when he was weaker than his current state could survive without his Magic...

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
But base Natsu in Edolas when he was weaker than his current state could survive without his Magic...
He wasn't up against someone remotely as powerful as Licht.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
There is a misconception here. Licht's magic is not anti-magic, its sword magic.
The anti magic is coming from Liebe aka Anti magic devil. Licht's grimoire gained anti magic centuries after Licht's death.

Licht has sword magic, and each of his swords are capable of generating a magic slash + each of his sword has another extra ability like the Demon Dweller.
With Demon Dweller, like i said, Licht produces magic slashes and can absorb magic and redistribute it.

Sadly we will never see what Licht's other swords can really do, nor we will ever see how a fullpowered Licht would look like, with his entire arsenal of swords at his disposal along with his grimoire. We can only speculate that Demon Slayer's extra ability was to block magic (in Licht's case), and that Demon Destroyer can dispel a status effect.

Natsu's biggest problems in this fight would be stamina, and lack of speed. Licht is just way too fast.
Natsu always had problems with speedsters and warpers. Licht is easily light speed and even faster, plus with his mana zone he can merge with the mana on the battlefield and warp 4th Hokage style in the blink of an eye. Other than that Natsu is way more destructive.

Honestly from round 1, this is probably my fav fight, because its pretty well balanced and can go to either combatant.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
There is a misconception here. Licht's magic is not anti-magic, its sword magic.
The anti magic is coming from Liebe aka Anti magic devil. Licht's grimoire gained anti magic centuries after Licht's death.

Licht has sword magic, and each of his swords are capable of generating a magic slash + each of his sword has another extra ability like the Demon Dweller.
With Demon Dweller, like i said, Licht produces magic slashes and can absorb magic and redistribute it.

Sadly we will never see what Licht's other swords can really do, nor we will ever see how a fullpowered Licht would look like, with his entire arsenal of swords at his disposal along with his grimoire. We can only speculate that Demon Slayer's extra ability was to block magic (in Licht's case), and that Demon Destroyer can dispel a status effect.

Natsu's biggest problems in this fight would be stamina, and lack of speed. Licht is just way too fast.
Natsu always had problems with speedsters and warpers. Licht is easily light speed and even faster, plus with his mana zone he can merge with the mana on the battlefield and warp 4th Hokage style in the blink of an eye. Other than that Natsu is way more destructive.

Honestly from round 1, this is probably my fav fight, because its pretty well balanced and can go to either combatant.
The demon-dweller sword does have anti-magic properties tho

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The demon-dweller sword does have anti-magic properties tho
It does now after it obtained anti magic from the devil.
Before that it was used to generate magic, absorb it and redistribute it.
The extra ability with absorb and redistribute actually stayed with the sword. Which is why Asta can also absorb magic.
Also, when Licht touched the Demon Dweller sword it reverted back into a magic sword. The anti magic layer was gone.
Then after Asta gained it back, the anti magic layer was also back.

Still, even without anti magic, Licht is super op, and we only saw a part of his power lol

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Let's not forget the fact that Natsu is E.N.D.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It does now after it obtained anti magic from the devil.
Before that it was used to generate magic, absorb it and redistribute it.
The extra ability with absorb and redistribute actually stayed with the sword. Which is why Asta can also absorb magic.
Also, when Licht touched the Demon Dweller sword it reverted back into a magic sword. The anti magic layer was gone.
Then after Asta gained it back, the anti magic layer was also back.

Still, even without anti magic, Licht is super op, and we only saw a part of his power lol
No, I'm pretty sure the power nullification was integral to it.

Remember that Asta got the sword from the chest in the water temple and it already looked like that and worked like it does now.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
No, I'm pretty sure the power nullification was integral to it.

Remember that Asta got the sword from the chest in the water temple and it already looked like that and worked like it does now.
He got it from the dungeon. But yeah, i never understood what it was doing there so far outside its grimoire :hmm
But one can make an argument that the sword is still part of Licht's grimoire and magic, and by that point, Licht's grimoire was already tainted by anti magic for 15 years. I cant really prove that point about the sword being linked with its grimoire since nobody knows what the sword was doing outside of the grimoire in the first place.
The only thing i can go with for sure is the story, and Licht usage of the sword, him clearing the anti magic layer from his sword on touch, and him actually never displaying magic negation while wielding Demon Dweller. The most he did was absorption of magic, and destroying the devils magic with his own magic sword slashes.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
He got it from the dungeon. But yeah, i never understood what it was doing there so far outside its grimoire :hmm
But one can make an argument that the sword is still part of Licht's grimoire and magic, and by that point, Licht's grimoire was already tainted by anti magic for 15 years. I cant really prove that point about the sword being linked with its grimoire since nobody knows what the sword was doing outside of the grimoire in the first place.
The only thing i can go with for sure is the story, and Licht usage of the sword, him clearing the anti magic layer from his sword on touch, and him actually never displaying magic negation while wielding Demon Dweller. The most he did was absorption of magic, and destroying the devils magic with his own magic sword slashes.
My understanding was that the demon dweller passively absorbs all magic in its vicinity. Which was why Julius said Asta was the only person who could use it since he had no magic. I think it's too much of an assumption to assume it was somehow affected by Liebe from long distance.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And I haven't even addressed the Demon destroyer sword. That definitely has anti-magic properties.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
My understanding was that the demon dweller passively absorbs all magic in its vicinity. Which was why Julius said Asta was the only person who could use it since he had no magic. I think it's too much of an assumption to assume it was somehow affected by Liebe from long distance.
Which is why i cant prove my linked theory. The only thing i can say is that the sword was a part of Licht's grimoire. But the thing i can say for sure is what Licht actually showed us in the story.
True about the passive absorption, but to the orignal wielder this wasnt really that much of a problem. Even for an elf, Licht had an abnormal amount of mana. To the point that the other elves cant even compare, and he was loved by mana, which means he was basically bathing in it 24/7 :xp

And I haven't even addressed the Demon destroyer sword. That definitely has anti-magic properties.
Demon destroyer has the extra ability of removing and absorbing status effects, and after Asta gained it, the sword got a layer of anti-magic and like with other swords, Asta could generate anti-magic from it. Something that Licht cant do, since thats not his magic.
Like the Demon Dweller, i have no idea what it was doing outside of its grimoire, and like the Demon Dweller it was tained with anti magic. But the moment Licht picked it up, he removed the anti-magic layer and the only thing he did with this sword was generate magic slashes.

Honestly now that i think about it more, its pretty weird that Licht's swords are scattered like this all around the kingdom lol
like why ... :xp

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Which is why i cant prove my linked theory. The only thing i can say is that the sword was a part of Licht's grimoire. But the thing i can say for sure is what Licht actually showed us in the story.
True about the passive absorption, but to the orignal wielder this wasnt really that much of a problem. Even for an elf, Licht had an abnormal amount of mana. To the point that the other elves cant even compare, and he was loved by mana, which means he was basically bathing in it 24/7 :xp

Demon destroyer has the extra ability of removing and absorbing status effects, and after Asta gained it, the sword got a layer of anti-magic and like with other swords, Asta could generate anti-magic from it. Something that Licht cant do, since thats not his magic.
Like the Demon Dweller, i have no idea what it was doing outside of its grimoire, and like the Demon Dweller it was tained with anti magic. But the moment Licht picked it up, he removed the anti-magic layer and the only thing he did with this sword was generate magic slashes.

Honestly now that i think about it more, its pretty weird that Licht's swords are scattered like this all around the kingdom lol
like why ... :xp
So there's no reason why the demon dweller shouldn't work on Natsu.

Isn't Dragon Force a status effect that the demon destroyer can remove ?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So there's no reason why the demon dweller shouldn't work on Natsu.
Im pretty sure Licht would be able to absorb Natsu's fire, and occasionally dodge the rest of it here and there.
After that he would just send it back, and because Natsu cant eat his won fire, he would not be able to reenergize, which is why i mentioned a stamina battle for Natsu. Sure Natsu has stamina, but the output he would need to take down Licht would imo drain quite a lot from him, all the while Licht is blessed by mana and keeps refreshing on intervals.
Natsu would need some savage emotion breaking time and stuff, to overwhelm Licht in one shot, otherwise i dont see him winning. But Natsu showcased some wild stuff in 100YQ so i dont really know. Which is why i like this battle.

Isn't Dragon Force a status effect that the demon destroyer can remove ?
I have no idea :hmm i guess its plausible.
The one who nominated Licht should think about that if he/she wants Licht to win :3c

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I like this fight as well. Potentially, Natsu is incredibly strong, especially in raw power. I even think he is stronger than Licht. But we have to take account that the winner is not necessary the one who has the most destructive power. We have to take account the others statistics : stamina (Mana / Ethernano), durability (physical resistance), speed (blitz-dodge-effective attack) and way to fight.

In my opinion, Natsu starts the battle in classic form and not directly in Dragon Force. In that way, Natsu should face same foe as Aldoron God Seed at the beginning : incapable to see and dodge attacks. Then, as the same scenario, Licht can potentially impale him with multitude Light Arrows. Facing Aldoron, Natsu could awoke, burning the spikes. Here, it's light spikes. Can he burn them ? Not sure.

If so, when Aldoron's speed was highly reduced by the defeat of others seeds, Licht's speed still remains a blink for Natsu. Even if he turns in Dragon Force to gain speed, physical stats and strength, he surely can surprise Licht one time to put him a blow like he did with Jellal in the Tower but should not do it again : Jellal could enhance his "meteore" to escape Natsu who couldn't touch him anymore without help. Licht can do the same and more. He is far speeder than Jellal and any current Fairy Tail's characters. Natsu can resist with high durability and possibly counter Light Magic for a while but it's only resisting without causing damage. Natsu is reduce to be a punching bag. If Light's Magic isn't enough to take down Natsu, he can use his swords to "drain" his attacks or "break it", and I think his ultimate weapon can remote his Dragon Slayer Mode (assumptions).

If Licht is still not strong enough to KO Natsu, the fight should end with empty reserve for the Fairy Tail's wizard. Licht is bless with endless Mana while Natsu consumes crazy Ethernano especially in Dragon Force.

Without the Speed factor, I can see Natsu winning by upper strength and durability, like he did with Aldoron seed. But remaining untouchable and striking too fast to defend against give Licht high average. His swords also give him some average against any Magic. And Natsu's MP is also far less durable than Licht's.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Poor Licht. First handicapped and now this ....
Blame the MH users who did not nominate anyone to begin with. 👀

Apart from that I pretty much agree with your reasoning. Natsu is strong but I doubt he is THAT strong.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I like this fight as well. Potentially, Natsu is incredibly strong, especially in raw power. I even think he is stronger than Licht. But we have to take account that the winner is not necessary the one who has the most destructive power. We have to take account the others statistics : stamina (Mana / Ethernano), durability (physical resistance), speed (blitz-dodge-effective attack) and way to fight.

In my opinion, Natsu starts the battle in classic form and not directly in Dragon Force. In that way, Natsu should face same foe as Aldoron God Seed at the beginning : incapable to see and dodge attacks. Then, as the same scenario, Licht can potentially impale him with multitude Light Arrows. Facing Aldoron, Natsu could awoke, burning the spikes. Here, it's light spikes. Can he burn them ? Not sure.

If so, when Aldoron's speed was highly reduced by the defeat of others seeds, Licht's speed still remains a blink for Natsu. Even if he turns in Dragon Force to gain speed, physical stats and strength, he surely can surprise Licht one time to put him a blow like he did with Jellal in the Tower but should not do it again : Jellal could enhance his "meteore" to escape Natsu who couldn't touch him anymore without help. Licht can do the same and more. He is far speeder than Jellal and any current Fairy Tail's characters. Natsu can resist with high durability and possibly counter Light Magic for a while but it's only resisting without causing damage. Natsu is reduce to be a punching bag. If Light's Magic isn't enough to take down Natsu, he can use his swords to "drain" his attacks or "break it", and I think his ultimate weapon can remote his Dragon Slayer Mode (assumptions).

If Licht is still not strong enough to KO Natsu, the fight should end with empty reserve for the Fairy Tail's wizard. Licht is bless with endless Mana while Natsu consumes crazy Ethernano especially in Dragon Force.

Without the Speed factor, I can see Natsu winning by upper strength and durability, like he did with Aldoron seed. But remaining untouchable and striking too fast to defend against give Licht high average. His swords also give him some average against any Magic. And Natsu's MP is also far less durable than Licht's.
Licht does not have light magic. I believe you're thinking of Patolli.

Not to mention those feats against Jellal that you mention are from chapters 40~50. Understandably, Natsu by now is far faster and stronger than that. Just by scaling his growth from some of his older feats he should be, imho, a big step above Licht.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Triple post.

Ever since Natsu just went and burnt through space-time godtier magic... and taking into account random feats like when that stadium melt around him when he was way weaker than he is now... We could even make a point that Licht, no matter how fast he is, simply can't get close enough without getting burnt. And that's if we believe Natsu can't react to his speed, something I don't agree with. The basis to assume Licht is literal light speed is to assume light magic moves at literal light speed (since Licht moved at a similar speed than the first Hokage Magic Emperor), an assumption we could just easily make for the light dragon slayer Sting who Natsu handled like a baby.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

If Natsu starts in base he is dead imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.