Seinen - Nobunaga no Chef by NISHIMURA Mitsuru & KAJIKAWA Takurou | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Nobunaga no Chef by NISHIMURA Mitsuru & KAJIKAWA Takurou

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear

Nobunaga no Chef (A Chef of Nobunaga)
Story: Nishimura Mitsuru (Hell's Kitchen)
Art: Kajikawa Takurou
Serialization: Shuukan Manga Times
Publisher: Houbunsha
Genre: Historical, Fantasy
Mangaupdates

Ken is a modern-day chef who wakes up one morning in war-torn 16th century Japan. Faced with an impossible situation, he does what he does best – he cooks. Soon, word of his wonderful food reaches the capital, and the ears of warlord Oda Nobunaga, who immediately orders Ken to cook for him. What will happen to Ken as he finds himself stumbling around in an era he doesn't belong?

So basically, the same idea as JIN but this time it's about cooking rather than medicine. The art goes well with the premise and damn the foods look good. And it seems to have a television drama ongoing right now.

Last edited:

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Indeed looks like a cooking manga version of Jin. The setting was a bit fast but I guess we will learn more how things ended this way later. I like the fact about when the different ingredient were introduced in Japanese food. It's funny to imagine there was time with no soy sauce :-)
Also, I first came into a reader with 3 chapter translated but their translation is really not good when you compare with the new version available on batoto.

raDar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Good thing I read chapters 4 and 5 consecutively. I would really feel trolled with the way it was cliff-hanged that Natsu was supposed to be the gift.

Chapter 5 was great and sweet. I ship Ken and Natsu badly. I liked how Ken failed to make justice of his choice for Salmon as the main ingredient for the pre-war food. And instead of taking offense, Nobunaga took it as an advice of reality.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I think i am gonna follow this once a few more chapters are translated. I hope it is better than the JDrama adaption.

raDar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
That Volume 2 end chapter is awesome. Great to see the big names of that era getting involved in the story gradually. And this page just made me chuckle. I actually didn't expect this series to delve this much on the political side, but hey, Nishimura-sensei does it really well.

Damn you, Nobunaga you sly. You're such a badass. You just made the shogun shit bricks. I wonder if he really did call some of his minions by animal names or just the writer's own touch to Nobunaga's manliness.