On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Also the void Century was 100 years of rain.
Good theory. But rain is just water evaporating from the surface. Where's the extra water coming from?

Also does the Mother Flame causing the ocean level to rise by 1 meter worldwide comes into play?

I think we are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Given the sci-fi element of the arc, I think what could cause the ocean levels to change is gravity.

Random theory of the day: the story takes place in Saturn, not Earth. And the Red Line are the rings of Saturn that fell down on the surface.

korwinkrulpolski

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I guess Oda watched Oppenheimer recently or he's heavily influenced by those events and their aftermath, even with Einstein and relativity theory, because what Vegapunk says and how he looks is clearly similar to that.

"World will sink into the sea"... I guess in the next chapter we'll find out that this happened already, we got so many hints with Wano, Enies Lobby and other things.

ShishiSonson

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
LOL
BIG LOL

How this message will shock the World ?

I mean, The world will sink ? Ok, when ? how ? why ?

This kinda confirms that Im-sama's power. She has the possibility to sink the world. Can she control the earth ? or the sea ?

Ketimatsu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Great another chapter to hype Sanji and that will end up nowhere. Should rename him "One-hit Sanji"
S-Shark, Kizaru, Saturn, Nansjuro. Sanji can face anyone as long as it lasts one blow, after he has to run away or go doing something else.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Nop but it raises the sea level, sinking the world in that way.

I also think this is what happened 800 years ago. And that's why Wano put up a big wall around the island. I also think that's why the Celestial Dragons went atop the redline, because they knew the rest of the world was about to sink.

Everything is coming together.
As far back as 900 years ago, Dressrosa existed because we know the Tontattas were being enslaved at the time, so the world can almost definitely be said to not have been flooded. Dressrosa was has been around as far back as 900 years ago from the Tonttata's history.

This also can't be right because Wano's border is a huge wall around the real Wano which is supposed to be destroyed. The reason for the border wasn't to avoid being sunk, but rather to stop the WG from infiltrating, acquiring Pluton and all their resources.
We already know part of Joyboy returning is to remove the WALL/BORDER of Wano... there'd be no reason to remove the wall if being submerged underwater was something they've been trying to avoid because of the WG.

On a separate note, I feel the summary is leaving out A LOT of context.
The secret cannot be that the world will sink, I think what VP is saying is related to the fact the WG are wiping countries off the map and this raises the sea-level.
Secret of the world can't be the world is going to drown, much rather it's a consequence in the sense that if the WG continue to wipe countries off the map, the world will sink.

The secret is more likely going to be related to the fact the WG are evil and are doing evil things. The big news can't be the world is sinking when we know there are countries from as far back as 900 years ago still around. Pretty sure even Alabasta was around even before the Void Century.
Highly doubt the sea-levels rising is the problem, more likely it's what the WG's agenda is... that is the problem.

Will be waiting for the full summary, but I'd be pretty disappointed by the people giving out summaries if this brief summary is almost completely different from the full summary as it's essentially misleading, but can only wait and see.

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Yeah this theory doesn't fit the fact that after the rain. CD-Gorosei-Imu has to implant living people around the world to repopulate it.
And if it was true, they could have governed them from start more easily.

Maybe it was the original plan but somehow it got interrupted by JoyBoy or else.

But the sink-rain theory can fit many holes. Like the reason why Zou is a moving island, why Wano was not concerned and why they had to put big mountain walls and why the original Wano sink under the sea.

It may fit many things but many other things are not making sense :
Who populated the world after that ? Since we have so many races existing.
Same thing for the animals.

Monkey.D.Bowes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Good theory. But rain is just water evaporating from the surface. Where's the extra water coming from?

Random theory of the day: the story takes place in Saturn, not Earth. And the Red Line are the rings of Saturn that fell down on the surface.
If Imu has the Water water fruit, the rain god fruit or simply is the sea devil, maybe the extra water came from him but has used all of his/her water? That could be why he need a weapon like the motherflame to increase the sea level now.

I thought of your random theory too. But I think it was really a earth connected by lands (Oden said Wano was connected to the rest of the world). Probably had ocean too as the fishmen was already living underwater but maybe 8-9000 km below and not 10 000?

The only thing preventing to create a One Piece of land was the redline, thus creating the ancien weapon and destroying the world as the Celestial dragon puts it?

Lol this one chapter bring so much theory/advancement to the story of this world!

warsetone

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I always knew OP is liberal, but the story is turning into a “fight against climate change” plot real quick.

korwinkrulpolski

Reaction score
Country
Poland
LOL
BIG LOL

How this message will shock the World ?

I mean, The world will sink ? Ok, when ? how ? why ?

This kinda confirms that Im-sama's power. She has the possibility to sink the world. Can she control the earth ? or the sea ?
I think that this is more likely Uranus' power, not the Im sama. We saw Imu silhouette while using DF's power. Uranus being responsible for heavy rain and flood would be much more logical and would be further consistent with other biblical/christian themes within the story (with Sol Invictus cult being cleansed like Sun God Nika was as the most flagrant one).

Right now Noe ark's being brought into the story in Fishman Island arc makes so much more sense.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
why Wano was not concerned and why they had to put big mountain walls and why the original Wano sink under the sea.
Wano put up a wall to protect the real Wano from the outside world and Pluton is hidden inside the walls or behind the walls.
Don't forget Joyboy/Momonosuke intend to open up Wano's borders, but not now.
So, it doesn't make sense as they will open it up later, and they'll be on normal sea-levels like pretty much every other country.

The real Wano is under water not to avoid sinking, but to protect Pluton from the WG. It will only be opened at the right time when Joyboy and Momonosuke ally probably when they need Pluton.

I think the sea-levels rising is not the WG secret, but a consequence of whatever they're doing like wiping out countries like Lulucia which led to a rise of the sea levels.

armycat23

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I have to admit I wasn't expecting that....but frankly it just adds another 5 questions on top of the other 20 questions.

Frankly, I doubt the CD would be part of this drowning. There has to be a reason why the CD was set aside as different than an "ant".

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't think Vegapunk is being literal ( unless he's referring to the emerald flame) about the world sinking.
I mean everybody lives on an islands so wouldn't be that unusual to use terms like that.
Also I'm glad I we didn't have to wait too long to get vagpunks message.

Monkey.D.Bowes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
As far back as 900 years ago, Dressrosa existed because we know the Tontattas were being enslaved at the time, so the world can almost definitely be said to not have been flooded. Dressrosa was has been around as far back as 900 years ago from the Tonttata's history.

This also can't be right because Wano's border is a huge wall around the real Wano which is supposed to be destroyed. The reason for the border wasn't to avoid being sunk, but rather to stop the WG from infiltrating, acquiring Pluton and all their resources.
We already know part of Joyboy returning is to remove the WALL/BORDER of Wano... there'd be no reason to remove the wall if being submerged underwater was something they've been trying to avoid because of the WG.

On a separate note, I feel the summary is leaving out A LOT of context.
The secret cannot be that the world will sink, I think what VP is saying is related to the fact the WG are wiping countries off the map and this raises the sea-level.
Secret of the world can't be the world is going to drown, much rather it's a consequence in the sense that if the WG continue to wipe countries off the map, the world will sink.

The secret is more likely going to be related to the fact the WG are evil and are doing evil things. The big news can't be the world is sinking when we know there are countries from as far back as 900 years ago still around. Pretty sure even Alabasta was around even before the Void Century.
Highly doubt the sea-levels rising is the problem, more likely it's what the WG's agenda is... that is the problem.

Will be waiting for the full summary, but I'd be pretty disappointed by the people giving out summaries if this brief summary is almost completely different from the full summary as it's essentially misleading, but can only wait and see.
1. Dressrosa is a good point. As Alabasta. But we don't know if they were protected by some kind of forces as part of the Allied Forces or maybe they were even bigger lands but some part that we don't know could have been flooded.

2. You are right also about Wano's walls being to prevent the WG from infiltrating and taking Pluton, but it could be to protect the land from being sunk. They await Joyboy's arrival to confront Imu before destroying the Wall makes sense as they knew without him they are vulnerable. The rain still flooded their lands but it has probably been less radical than the ocean water raising.

3. It was a first when Imu used the Motherflame and the recording could be even before the use of his weapon. So I don't think that it is because of the use of his weapon but that Vegapunk discovered that it was the true objective of the WG that he is talking about that.

Don't forget the knock-up stream, Water 7 drowning each year, Impel Down built into the Ocean floor, there's clue since a long time that this announcement brings together. And I find it exciting!

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Wano put up a wall to protect the real Wano from the outside world and Pluton is hidden inside the walls or behind the walls.
Don't forget Joyboy/Momonosuke intend to open up Wano's borders, but not now.
So, it doesn't make sense as they will open it up later, and they'll be on normal sea-levels like pretty much every other country.

The real Wano is under water not to avoid sinking, but to protect Pluton from the WG. It will only be opened at the right time when Joyboy and Momonosuke ally probably when they need Pluton.

I think the sea-levels rising is not the WG secret, but a consequence of whatever they're doing like wiping out countries like Lulucia which led to a rise of the sea levels.
No, I mean original Wano being under sea is fitting the sink theory, it is what I meant.

Yes, it may be the consequences but still a wordwide weapon, just make the comparaison with mother flame. I mean if is the ancient weapon Crocodile was after, it must be really huge.

This weapon can be the reason why the world it is what it is now. It can also explain why Mary Geoise is way abose all.

The theory of One Piece meaning the world was one, fits well now with "the world will sink under sea".
A huge weapon destroys-splits the One World into hundreds-thousands pieces. Probably fired by Im-Sama and others while hiding in Mary Geoise.
And Noah being a way to save or carry the survivors.

Senoirmeow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m not surprised, the sea in One Piece has been abnormal since the start of the series. The waterfall at Enies Lobby being a basic example.

CharlosTenryuubito

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I guess the relationship between the destruction of Lulusia and the rise of sea level can be explained as follows :
Moon and sea have some relationship, the most noticeable is sea tide. The gravity of the moon pulling of the sea cause the sea rising and vis versa. The lost of mass caused by the destruction of Lulusia (I mean it was exploded to nothingness) made gravity of the moon gettin stronger and pulled the sea to certain level. Maybe its weird to imagine compared to our world because we only have one moon, while OP world have six moons. Vegapunk knew this and predict the effect of Motherflame, he knew that WG will use it for whatever reason. The rising of Wano is perhaps to avoid this effect as the last fortress against WG. See of how high Zunishas legs even more suspectible because in the past the weapon that could banish everything into nothingness exist. The more it absorbs every single mass, the more sea level rising. The poetic of this effect can be pictured as the nature try to fight this weapon, sea is rising to chase the weapon, the weapon that can only be defeated with sea, Yami yami no mi is the Uranus itself. Please correct me if I am wrong, I am not one of the smartest here.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
York is a Vegapunk though. And they sync their brains regurlarly, so Vegapunk was atleast aware. It feels this was too big a project to keeping secret from others.
All vegapunks are definitely aware of motherflame, my comment was more on the gorosei obtaining it. Which IIRC was due to york going rogue. Otherwise there's no specific reason to think the main vegapunk should feel particularly bad about it, let alone at the time this would have been filmed. Considering that the satellites were not around 2 years ago and they were all seemingly present when this was filmed this could have taken place as late as a few months ago...