On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Raising the water surface level is a great theory. It could explain the current state of the world as a hint of a previous cleansing, the effects of the mother flame weapon and Ennies Lobby. Marie Joie being located so high above ground means that the celestials would be safe

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Opening up Wano's border might cause a significant rise in the sea level for that particular area, but I can't think of how it'd actually happen across the whole world, maybe if the red line is destroyed?

escoxking

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Dragon shows up with weather powers like Storm to save Luffy & co I'm going to fall out is all I can say. Right now the SH escape are very slim given the elders have split up and targeted different players. Along with no one knows how to damage them at all. The wind needs to blow in their favor the Giants aren't enough at this point and I doubt Shanks is going to show up.

This arc has literally been the sleeper arc and given so much. It's giving me so much hype for what Oda will come with next. I'm hoping for a reunion with Vivi in Elbaf along with Luffy meeting Dragon. We know Robin will be reunited with Saul but how do we get there with the current situation is crazy. I know the ancient robot is on the move but that still doesn't seem like enough.

vicefulder

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Did we need to include

"If the image doesn't appear, copy the URL and paste it in a new window/tab."

in every spoiler thread post?

I think it is unnecessary, useless, and distracting because I think spoilers are added when someone adds a new post to the thread.

Most of us know this, or we could just put that message somewhere else. Thanks.
Thank you! About damn time someone says this. It's either that or some clueless mofo writing some dumb stuff in a thread that should've been locked to anyone below a certain rank or something in the first place

sanjisan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Thank you! About damn time someone says this. It's either that or some clueless mofo writing some dumb stuff in a thread that should've been locked to anyone below a certain rank or something in the first place
I've been a silent reader on this forum for years, especially to see spoiler updates for every chapter. I enjoy reading during work breaks for entertainment, but I feel distracted by those posts. That's why I created an account to post this. I hope it makes the thread less cluttered and better. :super

Bradhimself

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
They do sync. That's a fact. There are though ways to manipulate the system clearly. York definitely did not create Mother Flame alone and the process was probably too long to keep hidden anyway. And it was main Vegapunk who first talked about fire based power source.

And even if it was all York, which I doubt, she is still a Vegapunk, and feeling second hand guilt from his creation makes sense imo.
They definitely do sync, but the context here was “regularly” which does not seem the case if York was able to hide her plans for as long as she did.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The person posting that only did it to help those who didn't know what to do.
I understand some of you don't like it, but there's no need to insult someone over something so trivial.
If it's that much of an annoyance, then just block the person posting it, but there's no need to insult them as they're only trying to be helpful.
The forum moderators will decide whether it should be removed or not, but it really isn't that big a deal, it can be ignored.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

They definitely do sync, but the context here was “regularly” which does not seem the case if York was able to hide her plans for as long as she did.
Given that York probably spends most of her time sleeping, maybe she had exemption rules as to the frequency. Or she straight up just didn't sync, but I feel like that's really poor practice for the genius that is VP.
There were 5-6 of them, surely someone should have suspected something.
I'd say this was poorly executed, but hopefully we get some more elaboration, but I doubt we will.

Idkwhatanameis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If they couldn't suspect york then im guessing its the other way around as well in some way

nightmare17

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
York situation is confusing and needs to be explained thoroughly.
She either didn't sync which should be noticed by the genius VP or she synced and her actions went unnoticed which is not possible.

Either way VP making copies of himself which are prone to go rogue are not what I'd expect from a genius.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wanted to pop in and say "Called it!" 😎 Stella is a surrogate body (if the spoilers are accurate)! Not sure if it's a clone body or whatnot, but if it's his whole head, and not just his brain in a jar (we all know translations on spoilers are tricky), then Stella can't be his original body.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

She either didn't sync which should be noticed by the genius VP or she synced and her actions went unnoticed which is not possible.

Either way VP making copies of himself which are prone to go rogue are not what I'd expect from a genius.
Either there's more to it, like a ruse or something arranged by all of the Vegapunk's, or we don't understand the whole sync process. Like maybe they just sync raw data and not memories or thought processes, or they can choose what they want to sync. If they synced absolutely everything then they would all be effectively the same person.

Trip_LLL

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So, from Chapter 1090, if we take it, read as written, York's "My brain isn't synced to all of yours" implies the syncing is always happening. She's just able to disconnect and no one noticed, or partially disconnect and no one noticed. Fact--she wasn't continuously syncing once she started her plot.
From Chapter 1108, we see the room where the mechanisms activated. Them going to punk records was already a bad move in that sense. The room they blasted wasn't the same as the source/activator.

On the note of why York didn't know anything, it's pretty simple to logic out.
Vegapunk seperated aspects of himself into the sattelites, so they just reflect the one distilled quality. There's a lot of interesting things to take away from this, such as Vegapunk tilting more toward negative aspects than positive, but I digress.
Everything York is capable of, Vegapunk is capable of. If she is wise enough to desync, so is Vegapunk.
Another point to take note of is that the ONLY sattelites involved in the message were Good and Wisdom, the one positive aspect, and one of two neutral aspects.
These three seem to have never synced the events of that day, and they actively witheld it from the negative qualities.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

He's naive as fuck and clearly always went "science first, questions later". The syncing thing isn't that weird- all a Vegapunk would have to do is somehow make "exceptions" for syncing, which is a pretty simple conceit.

The thing that bothers *me* is what exactly is the significance of Punk Records? Isn't Vegapunk's dream destroyed if it's destroyed? Do all the Vegapunks have the current information that Punk Records has? They must, if York is valuable enough to reconstruct the Monterflame. But also, what happens to the satellites if it's destroyed? It's literally Vegapunk's brain, which was taken out of the Stella... all of that is what's convoluted and confusing to me.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Imagine if Vegapunk know all that's happening coming from the others VP but have a big plot that this mess doesn't matter for the final plot, that's tell the truth about the WG.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I highly doubt Tenryubito left their 20 kingdoms and built Marigeoise to protect themselves from a big flood - I would rather assume the "big flood" is a consequence of AK project. The Red Line is rising up to 10km above the sea level and is fully circling the globe so it’s not like there is a limited high level area to protect a few people. On the other hand, Marigeoise is the specific X,Y location on the Red Line where Grand Line passes through the Red Line which means that it may be a weak spot of the Red Line to be protected from Pluton and that’s why WG HQ is there. Grand Line and Calm Belt sea currents are probably a consequence of this Red Line hole - waters are massively moved from one side to another causing the Grand Line crazy weathers and Calm Belt are the places where the Grand Line and Blues sea forces balance each other. There should also be a place in New World where the sea currents coming from Red Line hole go back to Paradise area otherwise there would be a Grand Line water current issue - I bet you this place is where AK is located because it used the sea currents as an energy source. Considering the seas are a fundamental topic in One Piece I think that the Ancient Kingdom unknown energy source is hydroelectricity. The AK studied the Grand Line and may have wanted to use the Red Line as a giant water accelerator tunnel to generate hydroelectricity worldwide. AK could have planned to do terraforming on the Red Line to control the Grand Line currents and bring hydroelectricity all over the world. That would explain why they needed to work on this specific Red Line location and why they asked Fishman Island and Lunarian kingdom to relocate elsewhere and why WG established itself on this spot to protect the Red Line.

Last edited:

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Opening up Wano's border might cause a significant rise in the sea level for that particular area, but I can't think of how it'd actually happen across the whole world, maybe if the red line is destroyed?
I think the WG will have a way to cause land to sink vs sea levels to rise. Like if all land all over the world is sinking into the earth similar to how legends have Atlantis sinking into the ocean. Like maybe the way the Red Line formed is by pulling up land from beneath and as it rises all other lands sink. This could be how they won the war in the past.

Reactions: kcd

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, could something happen to Wano’s borders based on what Vegapunk just said?

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given that York probably spends most of her time sleeping, maybe she had exemption rules as to the frequency. Or she straight up just didn't sync, but I feel like that's really poor practice for the genius that is VP.
There were 5-6 of them, surely someone should have suspected something.
I'd say this was poorly executed, but hopefully we get some more elaboration, but I doubt we will.
I've always been under the impression that they individually have control over what gets synced. Just would be weird to have memories of mundane/private things be shared across all of them e.g. going to the bathroom, taking a nap, etc. If they literally were a single mind split across 6 bodies they would be more like a hive mind or like puppets controlled by one mind (good example is Pain). I think the VP system is meant to be more like FMA where Father extracted pieces of himself out into the world as the Homunculi who all represent an aspect of him. I think each Satellite is a copy of a portion of VP (Stella) where each Satellite shares enough of the same base to be considered VP but some small % difference gives them each their unique personality. This then helps guide them as individuals with specialities as they research. They then sync back into Punk Records all the knowledge they gained with ability to hide stuff if they want but they all trust each other enough to just not do that. Hopefully Oda elaborates on this more so we can definitively know.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
But also, what happens to the satellites if it's destroyed? It's literally Vegapunk's brain, which was taken out of the Stella... all of that is what's convoluted and confusing to me.
The satellites should most likely be fine. The punk records so far is an external data storage to them (satellites), they can reference information from it and equally add to it.

They’d only be losing that source, but their knowledge on things they've worked on should still be intact, as long as they remember.

The thing that bothers *me* is what exactly is the significance of Punk Records? Isn't Vegapunk's dream destroyed if it's destroyed? Do all the Vegapunks have the current information that Punk Records has? They must, if York is valuable enough to reconstruct the Monterflame. But also, what happens to the satellites if it's destroyed? It's literally Vegapunk's brain, which was taken out of the Stella... all of that is what's convoluted and confusing to me.
Vegapunk's dream should still also be possible even if the punk records was destroyed, but it'll draw them back a few years. They could develop alternative storage devices just for that if they really want, but it'll cost resources. I’d personally prefer that system to an actual brain that is organic.

Like maybe the way the Red Line formed is by pulling up land from beneath and as it rises all other lands sink. This could be how they won the war in the past.
Quite interesting take. I imagine achieving this on a global scale would take a while.