On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Quite interesting take. I imagine achieving this on a global scale would take a while.
Yeah this def should take a lot of time to execute since its essentially terraforming a planet. The interesting thing is we have a Void Century so an entire 100 years of history is missing, which could lend credence to something of this scale happening over decades to create the world of today. It also separately implies the AK came to be in that century and was short lived, since otherwise history prior to the Void Century would contain info about them.

Reactions: kcd

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
something more mysterious is, why the water flow up the redline?

bhendjol

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Make sense, if the world is drowned then DF user have no power.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Make sense, if the world is drowned then DF user have no power.
And if they drown, the last ones with DF will be WG, so, they'll rule the world

Trip_LLL

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've always been under the impression that they individually have control over what gets synced. Just would be weird to have memories of mundane/private things be shared across all of them e.g. going to the bathroom, taking a nap, etc. If they literally were a single mind split across 6 bodies they would be more like a hive mind or like puppets controlled by one mind (good example is Pain). I think the VP system is meant to be more like FMA where Father extracted pieces of himself out into the world as the Homunculi who all represent an aspect of him. I think each Satellite is a copy of a portion of VP (Stella) where each Satellite shares enough of the same base to be considered VP but some small % difference gives them each their unique personality. This then helps guide them as individuals with specialities as they research. They then sync back into Punk Records all the knowledge they gained with ability to hide stuff if they want but they all trust each other enough to just not do that. Hopefully Oda elaborates on this more so we can definitively know.
This post reminded me that Vegapunk's implementation of wifi is so great that things like nutrition and sleep levels can be transmitted through the air such that one person can eat for seven.
In that sense, it's silly to split hairs over whether or not something can be exluded from a sync, when they've gone to the extent of regulating hormones and managing hunger through wireless signals.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
So it's another setup chapter hmm
Seems like it. I suppose that the world sinking is a big deal and introduces the big problem that needs solving across multiple arcs that make up the final saga. However, we're all interested in the why/how so we can learn more about the WG, not the bad thing that they are somehow causing. Reading this chapter felt like drinking water to stop feeling hungry, its just never all that filling.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
This post reminded me that Vegapunk's implementation of wifi is so great that things like nutrition and sleep levels can be transmitted through the air such that one person can eat for seven.
In that sense, it's silly to split hairs over whether or not something can be exluded from a sync, when they've gone to the extent of regulating hormones and managing hunger through wireless signals.
Haha they do have all of that going on though I'm skeptical on how "real" it is even within the universe. They do have weird things like York eating, sleeping, and shitting for the rest of them. But could also be something she does to satiate a feeling that the Satellites have to partake in those activities since they are all based on the mind of a real human, VP (Stella).

So far half of the Satellites are robotic and not biological (Edison is a robot, Atlas underneath is a robot, Pythagoras is a robot) and Shaka despite seeming to have blood when shot in the head never had a face that we saw so might be cybernetic in some way. All this to say, without human bodies most of the Satellites don't need the things York does, but I think York is necessary since at the end of the day they are all mentally based on a human mind that does have those needs. Heck maybe Punk Records itself being a giant human brain needs to get an outlet for these human instincts and York serves that purpose (if so explains why she turned on VP cuz man that is a cruel life lol).

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Good chapter. Always nice to see the one piece world so alive.
Robin running into Saturn wondered when that would happen.
I still not convinced that Imu literally wants to sink the world or at least that's not his endgame. Especially if we want to be biblically accurate. But perhaps they did once before. But that's just me.
Overall good chapter.

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Brook cuts off one Saturn's leg. Usopp shoots an explosive bullet. Nami pulls Robin away while she uses Zeus to block Saturn's legs. And Chopper uses "Guard Point" to protect all of them.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The real question is: why Stella chose to keep York in the dark about this little project?
Stella suspected a traitor some amount of time before Egghead even started. He probably realized somebody was "excluding" things from the sync and instituted his own "exclusions" just in case.

Yoko75

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like this will be a very interesting chapter despite the fact it's basically a set up chapter. With Golden week coming up it's going to leave quite a cliffhanger. It will be nice to see some familiar faces we haven't seen in a long time like Kaya and company from Syrup village.

Finally we see the other SH's getting a chance to fight. With Sanji, Oim, Kashii and Bonney against Nusjuro and Brook, Usopp, Chopper and Nami against Saturn. It's nice to see them getting the much needed attention they need. With Nami telling everyone to protect Robin and both sides using teamwork. Poor Robin having shocking memories of the incident Ohara after hearing Saturn's voice.😢

I have to admit that I didn't expect the world sinking into the sea would be VP's message. According to the spoilers Mars wonders what would happen if they destroy the power plant. Saturn tells him not to do it and seems not to give a shit if it wipes out the battleships and soldiers. Topman believes nobody will be able to create another Mother Flame if VP dies if he isn't already dead now. Makes me wonder if one of the clones could. Either way we'll have to wait 2 weeks to find out more.

chitgoks

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
tsk. didnt like this chapter. not much juice.

DavidCrimz

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
This is the kind of chapter that you need to read with the images (basically when the chapter is out) to appreciate and understand how good it is.

From the summary it doesn't excite anyone, including me. It's like another information and transition chapter which people complain and get bored with but once you read the actual manga you'll realize it's not as bad as you initially thought from the spoilers and summary.

Oda does everything for a reason and we can see why eventually, though I admit I want to see Zoro every week.

kg21tmac11

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I understand the breaks Oda has to have plus golden week is upon us… but am I the only one punching the air and causing a tantrum for this damn information to drop. For those of us who have been waiting 15+ years, in real time, what happened during the void century, who are the world government. It’s pretty damn frustrating. I loved this little summary and I’ll probably love this chapter like any other but damn enough with blue balls. I know Japan is a highly sexual suppressed nation (maybe it has changed or you don’t get 100 million+ population?) don’t project that with the rest of the world! LMFAO

All jokes aside, can’t wait for this chapter to come out and Oda getting the rest he deserves.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmm, with those last words it seems we are going to get some context regarding the purpose of noah. I've been saying for a while that's there's a timer to the plot events related to one piece and why roger believed he was 20 years early... I suppose the implication could be a natural catastrophe which is about to unfold. Or perhaps not a natural one but one related to ancient weapons. If the world is about to sink then perhaps shirahoshi's role here is clear... it might be her purpose to have every sea king in the world rescue people at islands.