Quarterfinal - One Piece Tournament 2015 - Jinbe vs Monet | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal One Piece Tournament 2015 - Jinbe vs Monet

Select which fighter advances.

• Jinbe

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Monet

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphin

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:

• Bo16 onwards battles are 1 vs 1.
  • Starting with the Quarterfinals, discussion and voting will end on the same day.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the "unvote" function at the top right of the vote box and try again.

Jinbe
Monet

Voting will end on: November 6

Lostromos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Voted for Jinbe

Jinbe has proven his power many times. His duel with Ace , his escape from Impel Down, owning Moria and so on...
I believe his water manipulating techniques will also give him the advantage over water based 'snow' logia user Monet.

Monet will have difficult time vs him.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
His duel with Ace
Aaaaand there we go.

Monet you got my vote! :super

Why? It seems like even Jinbei couldnt defeat a mere Logia like Ace... and just to be sure, he had the elemenatry upperhand there with Water > Fire.

Ice on the other hand is superior to water, so Monet could freeze every bit of water and bite him to death, because... and take this guys... Jimbei hasnt shown any way yet to hurt a loiga. :D

Lostromos

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Mere Logia? How come. He didnt deafeat him , but he didnt lose either. And your argument about him having the upperhand with water >fire...:derp

The fight took place on land and as I remember ( please correct me if i am wrong) there was no water around. As we know fishman karate users can manipulate the water in their body or enviroment, they cant generate water out of thin air. If the battleground was similar like when Luffy fought Arlong, then yes , your argument would make sense.

It actually made giggle , because I imagined Jinbe spraying jets of water on Ace like a firefighter :teehee

Jinbe fought Ace for 5 days, how can you say he hasn't shown a way to hurt a logia?He was also shown punching Caribou in the face

Monet is a water based' Snow' logia, Jinbei is the highest level fishmen karate user we know , he might be able to manipulate that water when Monet transforms to her Logia element which is basically frozen water.

I believe Jinbe is a bad Match up for Monet

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes a mere logia. Atleast i never witnessed Ace winning a fight.

Caribou counts only as a comicrelief. :p

Lostromos

Reaction score
Country
Greece
We haven't witnessed Monet winning a fight either, so... she is a mere Logia too :p

So we have a mere logia User with 0 wins vs a battle proven high end Fishman Karate user.. hmmmm :teehee

TheLuffySmile

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yes a mere logia. Atleast i never witnessed Ace winning a fight.
Have you read One Piece?

550 000 000 Beli bounty.

Easily held his own against Jinbe.

No problem stopping a high-level attack from Aokiji.

Trusted to be the second commander of the Whitebeard pirates.

Shanks himself admitted that even though Ace is young, he's "strong!"

Entei - an end-game attack with enough destructive power to level a small city.

Was it so strange that Ace lost against Blackbeard? We're talking about a guy who first dueled ace, then on the same day as "the war of the best" took place, took a full dose of Magellan's "Hydra", took a full-swing bisento blow from Whitebeard himself (right above his heart to boot) as well as a point-blank quake detonation to the head and was still able to pretty much get up unscatched and skirmish with Sengoku.

ONT: Jinbe takes this in a heartbeat. Even if he's not able to manipulate Monet's snow form or use Busoshoku haki, he can still manipulate the water in the surroundings, her body, or even the air around them. All that = Monet is toast.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
1. bounty dont equals power
2. Easily held his own? They friggin fought for 5 days(?) and no one koed the other one. Thats not easy and also not very strong considering... point 6 Entei... such a strong endgameattack... and yet jinbei still stands and blackbeard didnt give a damn.
3. Fire > Ice.
4. And yet the commanders fall like flies currently in the manga according to Aka Inu. So i dont think they are so powerful. Most of them i think at viceadmiral lvl at max.
5. Yes and Shanks also lost a arm to a little seaking.

On one point i agree with you, BB is a beast.

When did Jimbei used water out of pure air? :o

Oh and not only a mere logia. Monet could fly above Jinbei and hurl at him with her icycles. And because there is no water in this arena... goes who first will fall down. And ven when he could use water from some surroundings... hitting her with her own element would be not very effective. Pokemoninformation gen1.

Last edited:

TheLuffySmile

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
1. bounty dont equals power
2. Easily held his own? They friggin fought for 5 days(?) and no one koed the other one. Thats not easy and also not very strong considering... point 6 Entei... such a strong endgameattack... and yet jinbei still stands and blackbeard didnt give a damn.
3. Fire > Ice.
4. And yet the commanders fall like flies currently in the manga according to Aka Inu. So i dont think they are so powerful. Most of them i think at viceadmiral lvl at max.
5. Yes and Shanks also lost a arm to a little seaking.

On one point i agree with you, BB is a beast.

When did Jimbei used water out of pure air? :o

Oh and not only a mere logia. Monet could fly above Jinbei and hurl at him with her icycles. And because there is no water in this arena... goes who first will fall down. And ven when he could use water from some surroundings... hitting her with her own element would be not very effective. Pokemoninformation gen1.
1: Agreed, bounty is not purely correlated to power, but it still plays a large part.
2: Held his own means to be able to fight on ones own, take attacks and deal them out. Do you not agree that a fight that lasts five days is indicative of that?
3: Agreed, yet it still took Akainu ten days to defeat Aokiji, sustaining heavy damage in the process. It's not all about the devil fruit. Plus we have Akainu stating that his devil fruit is superior to Ace's.
4: People really need to get their heads wrapped around this. it's NOT the COMMANDERS that Weeble is attacking, it's the Whitebeard pirates' allies. They're not nearly as strong as the strongest commanders.
5: Seriously? I mean really, seriously? The whole point of that was the older generation making sacrifices for the younger generation. Oda wanted to illustrate Shanks affection and willingness to sacrifice himself for Luffy.

Indeed, Blackbeard is a friggin beast.

When Luffy was acting all hot-headed on Fishman Island.

Jinbe was able to stop Akainu's magma fist and tank a magma punch through his chest, I think he'll be able to withstand Monet's little icicles.

Lostromos

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Oh and not only a mere logia. Monet could fly above Jinbei and hurl at him with her icycles
Wow

And because there is no water in this arena... goes who first will fall down. And ven when he could use water from some surroundings... hitting her with her own element would be not very effective. Pokemoninformation gen1.
But controlling her own water based Element would

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
3: Agreed, yet it still took Akainu ten days to defeat Aokiji, sustaining heavy damage in the process. It's not all about the devil fruit. Plus we have Akainu stating that his devil fruit is superior to Ace's.
The thing is we know two giants who fought each other for decades. And we also know that this wasnt straightforward all the time. This entire time where they fought is just messed up. They could have fought per day one hour, or all 24. We dont know this and therefor its senseless to assume that they got all so much stamina. Luffy beat Doflamingo to a pulp in about an hour?

4: People really need to get their heads wrapped around this. it's NOT the COMMANDERS that Weeble is attacking, it's the Whitebeard pirates' allies. They're not nearly as strong as the strongest commanders.
Ah come on. The only commanders they left a impression were Vista, Marco and Jozu. Currently we dont even know if the commanders are still together or some were already routed by weeble. Its just "affiated".

Enough from the ace-bashing, i made that in nearly every thread already. :3c

So Jimbei can shoot shockwaves, the problem is still that monet doesnt have a solid body, if he shoots the waterparticles through her, they go through her. (take fresh snow and blow it hard it will just fly away)

Sure he can withstand her icycles but even so. We got Jimbei, who in my opinion, cannot damage Monet(especially when she is flying) and then we got monet who can damage jimbei, even if its only 1 from 9999 hp. In the longrun it should be her win.

But controlling her own water based Element would.
I really do not see how.

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Jinbei, I feel he's stronger here. Although we might not know if he can use Haki I feel he could still hurt a logia, and Monet in particular.
Since water is Jinbei's element, if he has access to it he could use some of his gyojin karate techniques that we've seen him use, which might have an effect on a snow logia. After all snow is related to water. Some don't like to bring the Ace argument here, but I feel it's necessary.So even before the proper introduction of Haki we saw that Jinbei was able to fight with a logia.If Jinbei couldn't hurt Ace at all, the fight wouldn't have lasted 5 days.
Also this:
According to Jinbe, the secret of Fishman Karate is mastery of the water in the user's direct vicinity, using its power to send powerful waves impacting the water within the opponent's body. Since every living creature is nothing more than a mass of water, the users of Fishman Karate are able to battle opponents that are usually highly resistant (if not immune) against blows and punches. This was demonstrated against Monkey D. Luffy, a rubber man, who is nearly immune to blunt attacks.
We have logias which are pretty immune to blows and punches, so to me that hints that Fishman karate can also be effective against logias.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Jimbei stomp. Hard. I don't think this is even a contest.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

So Jimbei can shoot shockwaves, the problem is still that monet doesnt have a solid body, if he shoots the waterparticles through her, they go through her. (take fresh snow and blow it hard it will just fly away)

Sure he can withstand her icycles but even so. We got Jimbei, who in my opinion, cannot damage Monet(especially when she is flying) and then we got monet who can damage jimbei, even if its only 1 from 9999 hp. In the longrun it should be her win.

I really do not see how.
But Monet is a scardy cat who will just shake and fall apart even without Haki.

ajc46

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voted for jinbe. Just seems like a higher tier fighter. Monet is a logia but despite that she seemed pretty weak.
We haven't seen jinbe using haki yet, but if he fought to a draw with ace it kind of implies that he has it. Even with an elemental advantage over fire if he didn't have haki ace would have easily won. Also being a (former) shikibukai makes it likely he would have haki as well (I don't think crocodile or Moriah showed it but given the stage of the manga their battles were shown in, it was not really relevant at that time).

I think ice/snow > water but her devil fruit is really all she has. She doesn't seem like she has particularly good combat abilities, so against any good fighter she should lose. Jinbe on the other hand has not necessarily beaten strong people, but he has been shown battling strong opponents and not getting beaten easily.
Not sure if he would win with high or low difficulty, kind of depends on what how his abilities would work against a logia, but 9/10 jinbe wins

Edit: whichever fighter wins this battle IMO will easily get beaten next round, regardless of who they face. Both were pretty lucky to get this far

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jinbe stomps, no question. I imagine Jinbe's the worst opponent for a logia such as herself. Never mind the fact that Jinbe is her physical superior in every single way. The fact that he managed to fight Ace for 5 days means that he was somehow able to land hits on him, so he can harm a logia.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Looks like Deus Ace Machina.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Jinbei takes this and pretty easily too. Monet is his match in anyway and we have proof that Jinbei can hold his own against a logia (for 5 days in fact). Monet isn't a powerhouse like she admitted when she fought Luffy.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aaaaand there we go.
Ice on the other hand is superior to water, so Monet could freeze every bit of water and bite him to death, because... and take this guys... Jimbei hasnt shown any way yet to hurt a loiga. :D
You seem to have some basic logic/manga knowledge fails:
Ice is not superior to water, ice is water, Jimbei can control it or use it to amplify his own attacks.
Ice isn't even Monet's power, her power is snow, which according to Oda is different somehow. :p It's questionable whether or not Monet actually has the power to quickly freeze everything like Aokoji can, her abilities seemed to be based around compacting large amounts of snow into more solid forms, like the igloo she tried to trap Luffy in.
Jimbei has indeed been shown capable of damaging logias. His fishman karate stikes at the water inside their bodies, it might not have worked well against Ace, since Ace's body is made of fire, but get this, Monet's body is made entirely of water! And aside from just using fishman karate, Jimbei was shown using haki here : http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/5 to block a magma punch from Akainu.

Oh and not only a mere logia. Monet could fly above Jinbei and hurl at him with her icycles.
What icicles? If I recall correctly, Monet only hurled bunny-faced snowballs that created a blizzard when they landed. Doesn't really seem like something that can injure Jimbei.

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
^The link you posted is not conclusive. We have no way of confirming if Jinbe used Haki pre-time skip. However, it seems pretty obvious that Jinbe is capable of hurting a logia fighter otherwise he couldn't have fought Ace to a draw. We know his techniques can directly impact the water molecules in another person's body, so I believe he could potentially hurt anyone whether they have logia abilities or not without using Haki.

Jinbe is strong enough to potentially disrupt the order of the monster trio if he joined the Straw Hats. He would not lose to someone as weak as Monet.

Last edited:

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Jinbe is strong enough to potentially disrupt the order of the monster trio if he joined the Straw Hats. He would not lose to someone as weak as Monet.
This is what i think is correct. Monet is a weak character. Her only saving grace was her being logia. but when placed against Jinbe, who has shown to capable of fighting on par with other logia fighters like Ace or shown to be able to stop attacks from super logia user like Akainu; Monet has a chance of snowball in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.