Quarterfinals: Match 2: Mihawk vs. Dragon | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinals: Match 2: Mihawk vs. Dragon

Who wins?

• Mihawk

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Dragon

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Quarterfinals: Match 2

MIHAWK VS DRAGON

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I don't think I could vote for Dragon without even knowing how he fights and what kind of power he has. Except Conqueror Haki, that much is evident, but that's not much help against someone like Mihawk.

SuperPeon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don't think I could vote for Dragon without even knowing how he fights and what kind of power he has. Except Conqueror Haki, that much is evident, but that's not much help against someone like Mihawk.
It wasn't stated that he has a conqueror haki was it?

His greatest feat shown on the manga was stopping Smoker, I would also go for Mihawk here since he could par Shanks in a swords fight.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah for Mihawk!

jaymizzo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mihawk wins by logic, Dragon wins by hype and mystery.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
It wasn't stated that he has a conqueror haki was it?
Iwankov gave a clear hint here. It's not exactly 100% confirmation, but we don't have to act like it's not obvious what he meant.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
actually, mihawk's character was ruined at my eyes after this scene : http://www.mangareader.net/103-44810-9/one-piece/chapter-570.html . he used to keep up with shanks,but the latter wasn't an emperor yet,hence his strength was much lower. mihawk was proclamed the strongest swordsman only because shanks lost an arm,imo. Dragon is stronger than garp,imo,that's why I think he would defeat mihawk.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Mihawk wins, he's really a powerhouse enough to withstand Monkey D.'s bloodlines in a battle, the world's best swordsman could put a decent fight on anyone, and beats mysterious skills like Dragon might have.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mihawk wins, he's really a powerhouse enough to withstand Monkey D.'s bloodlines in a battle, the world's best swordsman could put a decent fight on anyone, and beats mysterious skills like Dragon might have.
In the manga i doubt Mihawk would beat Dragon, based on Dragons status i dont think there is a lot of people who could currently beat him based on the hype.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know if I buy Dragon being all that strong. Certainly not Admiral level. I'm sure he's fairly strong; a given since he apparently managed to make Smoker back down. I think his success has to do more with his intelligence than sheer strength.

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
It's really hard to say who would win. We know Mihawk is ridiculously strong. But we also know he's not the "Strongest Man In The World," that title belonged to Whitebeard. But Mihawk has the title of "Strongest Swordsman." And titles do count for something in One Piece. Dragon's the "Most Wanted Man In The World," so as far as bounties go, that's above even the Yonkou. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger than the Yonkou, but my feeling is that he is definitely at least as strong, if not stronger.

Mihawk didn't go toe-to-toe with Whitebeard, he was held back by Vista. Of course, he was probably not being very serious. But the fact remains he's the strongest swordsman, but not necessarily the strongest overall. And based on what Whitebeard said, Shanks didn't lose any power after losing his arm. And Shanks and Mihawk always fought to a draw.

So if Dragon is slightly more powerful than a Yonkou, then he'd win this fight. So I'll vote for him based on that reasoning.

...Although I'm sure many people will rage about "voting on hype" ... that's all we have to go on, so I'm going to do it! Hahaha. :3c

Dekker

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Iwankov gave a clear hint here. It's not exactly 100% confirmation, but we don't have to act like it's not obvious what he meant.
Also, Garp one chapter later says he knew he had that in him. He does not really say it out loud, but this further strengthens the thought that Dragon has it, too

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't know if I buy Dragon being all that strong. Certainly not Admiral level. I'm sure he's fairly strong; a given since he apparently managed to make Smoker back down. I think his success has to do more with his intelligence than sheer strength.
instead,I believe he has either a metereological paramisha(which would allow him to rule over weather,better than nami),or a dragon mythological zoan,which could also involve the weather,as oriental dragons are said to be able to control weather.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A very close decision here, I changed my vote from Dragon to Mihawk to Dragon, very confusing, but I do have hope for Dragon, I admit it may just be blind hope. But Oda just can not disappoint on Dragon. That would be like disappointing on one of the yonko, which have been hyped so much in the New World. I do admit that Mihawk can take this one, we have seen a lot from him plus him training Zoro, but he is it the strongest swordsman, but certainly there people stronger then him generally.

astute_azure

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A fairly good fight. I can't say who owns who. But to vote I'd say Dragon wins. This fight surely will be interesting. But to say that Dragon is not Yonko level or Admiral level is fairly an understatement to me, I'd say currently Dragon is on top 5 of the strongest in One Piece, Mihawk can be anywhere around top 15.

Though fights don't go strong owns weak, but generally it still holds.

Edit:

Let's put it this way, to say that Dragon is weaker than Mihawk is saying that Revolutionary Army is not a real threat to World Government. Because Mihawk can single handedly own the Revolutionary army, or any Admiral or 2 can stop this non existent threat.

Since this is not the case, because RA is the greatest threat (reflected by Dragon's bounty) to the World Government.

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
A fairly good fight.
What? How do you come to this conclusion without even knowing dragons skills. D: It could be a total stomp, but also a devastating loss for dragon.

mugiwara4343

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
I would go with Dragon on this. For me Whitebeard, Shanks, Akainu, Aokiji and Dragon are in a league apart from others. Mihawk is strong but from what we saw in the war Luffy was able to avoid his attacks and Mihawk didn't go easy on Luffy. I wouldn't say it would be the same (pre time skip) if its Akainu or one in the above leauge. Even though nothing more about Dragon was shown except stopping Smoker, I would say Dragon is stronger than Mihawk. He even gained powerful alies like Kuma, ivankov etc.,

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
I would go with Dragon on this. For me Whitebeard, Shanks, Akainu, Aokiji and Dragon are in a league apart from others. Mihawk is strong but from what we saw in the war Luffy was able to avoid his attacks and Mihawk didn't go easy on Luffy. I wouldn't say it would be the same (pre time skip) if its Akainu or one in the above leauge. Even though nothing more about Dragon was shown except stopping Smoker, I would say Dragon is stronger than Mihawk. He even gained powerful alies like Kuma, ivankov etc.,
Man, Shanks is in pair with Mihawk xD.

leshrak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Mihawk probably wins. He's supposed to be as strong as Shanks and that's pretty strong. Besides, we saw almost nothing of Dragon.

astute_azure

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Fight goes like this

Mihawk spots Dragon

Dragon: ....
Mihawk: ....

off paneled

Mihawk on the floor all worn out, sword broken, and spewing bubbles from mouth

Dragon did not bother to take off his hood.
Dragon: ( Some strong pirates eh?) ...

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.