Question - Question regarding historia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Question regarding historia

Baldingman1998

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
SPOILERS AHEAD FROM LATEST MANGA

I don't understand something. Why did historia betray her father and her family? Also this is before we find out the truth about eren etc(yes he killed her family indirectly).

And even after finding it out isn't it a mistake? I'm really confused tbh. Also why was she happy to kill her dad? That didn't make much sense to me

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
SPOILERS AHEAD FROM LATEST MANGA

I don't understand something. Why did historia betray her father and her family? Also this is before we find out the truth about eren etc(yes he killed her family indirectly).

And even after finding it out isn't it a mistake? I'm really confused tbh. Also why was she happy to kill her dad? That didn't make much sense to me
Because She’s Still a Scout Soldier. Despite her own personal Trauma & history within his heavily intertwined with the plot at the time with her father.

The history and revelation of Ppl being Titans/Shifters, The fake Monarchy and the real Monarchy actually being her family via Father, Trying to turn her into the founding titan.....He became a monster Titan.

Sinple answer he became a monstrous titan that had to be killed. Lol just re-watch the episodes dude

POW

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Her father only wanted to use her as a tool as he was too afraid to become a titan himself. Thus he was pretending to care about her well being when in truth it was just abut saving his own pathetic self and using circumstances as cover. Remember she was abandoned and her mother was assassinated because of her ties to the fathers family. Even her own mother saw her as burden so she had no close relationship with either of her parents.

Historia's true friend Ymir told her to live for only herself so she would have no regrets. Thus she was keeping her promise and not sacrificing herself for some BS greater good and instead being true to herself.

Last edited:

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Her father only wanted to use her as a tool as he was too afraid to become a titan himself.
That is an assumption that Kenny made, but it not confirmed, at least it is open for interpretations.

We saw the Reise and Tybur familly dynamics in flashbacks, they are brainwashed into thinking that inheriting the titan is an honor, so I don't think Rod was being a coward, instead he was doing what he thought was optimal.

Historia is a better candidate for inheriting the titan:
- She is a scout, similar to the warrior candidate, a very good choice for a titan shifter.
- She is young and healthy so her titan transformation would go well (look what happen to Connie's mom or Rod himself)
- Rod is a public figure, inheriting the titan would be counter productive (ex: Willy Tybur).
- Once she inherits it, the First king will would take over and everything he did to her before that would not matter anymore.

Why did historia betray her father and her family?
Betray her father and her family? Are we watching the same show?
It a miracle historia is still alive, Rod was about to kill her with her mother, he felt a bit bad so he instead sent her to die in the army, the fact that she survived 2 seasons of AoT is just cheer luck.

Also this is before we find out the truth about eren etc(yes he killed her family indirectly).
Historia's family are the people she risked her life with, the one that were willing to fight titans for her.

I'm really confused tbh. Also why was she happy to kill her dad? That didn't make much sense to me
I think the confusion is from the fact that Rod act like a good father in those episodes, isayama is not a lazy writer that would make an bad person look bad to help the viewer identify who to hate.

He was acting like that because he truly believes what he is doing is so important that Historia would do it, Historia was in truma when she met him, that the dude that killed her mother in front of her, Stockholm syndrome, it took her a while to come to her sense, thanks to Ymir's life philosophy and Eren being a cry baby (Sasha agrees!), which snap her out of Rod's narrative, Eren is not his father.

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
That is an assumption that Kenny made, but it not confirmed, at least it is open for interpretations.

We saw the Reise and Tybur familly dynamics in flashbacks, they are brainwashed into thinking that inheriting the titan is an honor, so I don't think Rod was being a coward, instead he was doing what he thought was optimal.

Historia is a better candidate for inheriting the titan:
- She is a scout, similar to the warrior candidate, a very good choice for a titan shifter.
- She is young and healthy so her titan transformation would go well (look what happen to Connie's mom or Rod himself)
- Rod is a public figure, inheriting the titan would be counter productive (ex: Willy Tybur).
- Once she inherits it, the First king will would take over and everything he did to her before that would not matter anymore.

Betray her father and her family? Are we watching the same show?
It a miracle historia is still alive, Rod was about to kill her with her mother, he felt a bit bad so he instead sent her to die in the army, the fact that she survived 2 seasons of AoT is just cheer luck.

Historia's family are the people she risked her life with, the one that were willing to fight titans for her.

I think the confusion is from the fact that Rod act like a good father in those episodes, isayama is not a lazy writer that would make an bad person look bad to help the viewer identify who to hate.

He was acting like that because he truly believes what he is doing is so important that Historia would do it, Historia was in truma when she met him, that the dude that killed her mother in front of her, Stockholm syndrome, it took her a while to come to her sense, thanks to Ymir's life philosophy and Eren being a cry baby (Sasha agrees!), which snap her out of Rod's narrative, Eren is not his father.
On bold parts.

I don't understand what you mean in the first one.

Regarding 2nd one, I think the OP is referring to how future Eren manipulated Grisha to kill the royal family and take over the founding titan. We don't know if Grisha would've done it purely to fulfil the wishes of Kruger.
But there is no way Historia would know it, unless Eren told that to her himself (who himself realized it only when he was imprisoned in the end of season 3).