Reason of difference between tower borns and Irregulars | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Reason of difference between tower borns and Irregulars

insignificant creature

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is the difference between irregulars and tower inhabitants vastly lie on shinsu black hole Sphere? Taking immortality contracts out of the equation, just the power, irregulars possess vastly outmatch tower inhabitants. In ch 539, it was narrated that everyone in the nest could feel that their life was threatened when Traum activated his all creatures.Traum was not that concerned about war or insignificant creatures till ch 577 when he realised the power exhibited by shinsu black hole sphere floating carriers was equal to shinsu black hole sphere. Traum, who was known not to leave his battleship was forced to leave to know about the floating carriers. In ch 580, we see traum was really concerned and worried about shinsu black hole sphere floating carriers. Even robadon was surprised to see gran abuelo being pierced by floating carriers which was almost unpenetrable to most high rankers. Though it can be debated as neither urek nor enryu had learned shinsu black hole sphere but still outmatch 10 GFLs.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's simply talent. Even without Shinwonryu they are more talented than Towerborns.

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
to me, its a seal.

towerborn are born sealed in their entire lifetime inside the tower. Their potential, strength, etc. has a definitive peak limit. Once they hit it, they will stop there and despair.

irregulars are unhinged people with no set limits. They can grow to whatever level there is, and even exceed whatever limit that might be imposed within the tower.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would make the case that there's some truth to irregulars being inherently greater than tower born folk. Though the context of this is still unclear. I think a hint of this is given during the floor of death arc. Gustang refers to the souls there as tiny... I'd say the implication there is that gustang for instance would have a huge soul. Urek doesn't exactly object too hard to gustang's comments about the tower's inferior beings, he just doesn't like the utter disdain gustang has for them.

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
To drive fate of the tower

Towerborn live as they live common people live.
Irregular live can make change the fate of everything around themself in the tower.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
to me, its a seal.

towerborn are born sealed in their entire lifetime inside the tower. Their potential, strength, etc. has a definitive peak limit. Once they hit it, they will stop there and despair.

irregulars are unhinged people with no set limits. They can grow to whatever level there is, and even exceed whatever limit that might be imposed within the tower.
Even Irregulars have their limits. Zahard, Urek and Baam are more talented than the rest of the Great Warriors. Gustang is less talented than Blossom etc.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Even Irregulars have their limits. Zahard, Urek and Baam are more talented than the rest of the Great Warriors. Gustang is less talented than Blossom etc.
I question that when it comes to Baam. We've even seen Towerborn have greater spikes of power growth than anything he's ever done.

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
They don’t have a limit. If there is one, it might be related to their stagnant climb and inacitivity.

Zahard for one is trying to master his fate gimmick. He’s still growing stronger.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
They don’t have a limit. If there is one, it might be related to their stagnant climb and inacitivity.

Zahard for one is trying to master his fate gimmick. He’s still growing stronger.
You aren't really contradicting what I am saying.

Irregulars aren't equal. Just like Gustang can never manage to equal or surpass Blossom, the 11 other Great Warriors aren't as talented as Zahard. Baam isn't compared to Zahard for nothing. Data Eduan even admitted that he is the one who has a chance to defeat him outside.

Zahard, Urek and Baam are superior to the other Irregulars in the Tower. But what is their limit? It's unknown as of now. I don't know if Zahard is growing stronger at the moment(I don't think so) but he is still doing this with the access to highest floor locked. So, if they are all equals or comparable then the others should be able to reach the same heights, but they can't.

We don't know what SIU has in store but he said before that Zahard and co are below the level of Admins and we know that Phantaminum(Irregular, top 5 Axis) and Enryu(unknown origins) are above Admin level. Even someone like Phanta doesn't have unlimited power.

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's simply talent. Even without Shinwonryu they are more talented than Towerborns.
Hardwork beats talent. Do you think viole could have harmed kalla chad with normal shinsu in last station? Even a high ranker as powerful as Yuri, karaka couldn't damage already worn-out kallachad? And in round 2, karaka wasn't able to make any what so ever damage in Kalla chad? Even yama, a slayer could not break the shield of probably Richemont. I think if it weren't for all creatures, trauma could never create an infinite number of creatures and revive his creatures.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hardwork beats talent. Do you think viole could have harmed kalla chad with normal shinsu in last station? Even a high ranker as powerful as Yuri, karaka couldn't damage already worn-out kallachad? And in round 2, karaka wasn't able to make any what so ever damage in Kalla chad? Even yama, a slayer could not break the shield of probably Richemont. I think if it weren't for all creatures, trauma could never create an infinite number of creatures and revive his creatures.
I am not into these hard work VS talent discussions and hard work always helps but it's pretty clear in ToG that there are heights which are unreachable if you aren't gifted enough and it was established pretty early. All the people you mentioned in this post are talented and most are confirmed hard workers? Obviously you aren't going to reach your peak if you don't train enough. Both matter in the end.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

LOL no it doesn't. If hard work beats talent then why is Hatsu still a mook?
He is pretty strong for a Regular, but yeah. He is definitely more "hard work" than "talent".

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
LOL no it doesn't. If hard work beats talent then why is Hatsu still a mook?
I can't believe you asked this. He could already go one on one with AA who is one of talented khun's in NHS arc. That already proves him. In current arc, the opposition are rankers no high rankers. Even high rankers like goruro is weak. Why would they bring him. I think viole has been in tower for 15 years. 15 years is short for towerborns. He(Hatz) already has massive progress. In early S2, he was considered one of strongest. Viole was also surprised that rapdevil beat him. Anyway the talk isn't about hatz. It's about top towerborns like adori,mirchea. They could probably beat or seal the FLs if they hadn't SBHS which I believe

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I can't believe you asked this. He could already go one on one with AA who is one of talented khun's in NHS arc. That already proves him. In current arc, the opposition are rankers no high rankers. Even high rankers like goruro is weak. Why would they bring him. I think viole has been in tower for 15 years. 15 years is short for towerborns. He(Hatz) already has massive progress. In early S2, he was considered one of strongest. Viole was also surprised that rapdevil beat him. Anyway the talk isn't about hatz. It's about top towerborns like adori,mirchea. They could probably beat or seal the FLs if they hadn't SBHS which I believe
What do you mean by SBHS? Shinwonryu?

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I can't believe you asked this. He could already go one on one with AA who is one of talented khun's in NHS arc.
But not win. Against Koon, who has merely above average talent and infamously does not train at all unless Baam pleads with him to. If hard work was king, then Hatsu (who trains harder than anyone we've seen) should mop the floor with someone like that.

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Shinwonryu?
Yes

But not win. Against Koon, who has merely above average talent and infamously does not train at all unless Baam pleads with him to. If hard work was king, then Hatsu (who trains harder than anyone we've seen) should mop the floor with someone like that.
Hatsu has been there for just 15 years. Considering this, he already has shown what he can do. Even 1000 years in TOG is like 1 year in our world. Now think what can a regular achieve in these mere 15 years.He isn't like AA who could get sudden power up.With SIU'S current writing, you will see AA being on the level of adori and Mirchea or maybe surpass them.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes

Hatsu has been there for just 15 years. Considering this, he already has shown what he can do. Even 1000 years in TOG is like 1 year in our world. Now think what can a regular achieve in these mere 15 years.He isn't like AA who could get sudden power up.With SIU'S current writing, you will see AA being on the level of adori and Mirchea or maybe surpass them.
Shinwonryu is a special ability, sure it's great to have but they don't need that to be above the Towerborns. Urek doesn't even have it.

When Data Maschenny wanted to test her skills against Data Zahard she got destroyed and he didn't use Shinwonryu.

Baam showed many times that he was above his peers talent-wise way before Shinwonryu got introduced.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Baam showed many times that he was above his peers talent-wise way before Shinwonryu got introduced.
SIU seems to be trying his damnedest to walk this back lately.

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Shinwonryu is a special ability, sure it's great to have but they don't need that to be above the Towerborns. Urek doesn't even have it.

When Data Maschenny wanted to test her skills against Data Zahard she got destroyed and he didn't use Shinwonryu.

Urek is special. He wasn't weak at the start unlike Jahad and co. Sure, they don't need SBHS to deal with petty creatures like branch leaders. But what about top towerborns like mirchea, Anne, adori, even baek or 3 lords if they exist in ToG verse.They need to use their ability like unlimited shinsu which can be used through SBHS.

SIU showed many times without SBHS, Viole wouldn't be able to fight Rankers in Last station or even harm data J and kalla chad there. If there was no SBHS, while arriving near shield of richemont, they would have been stuck there without doing anything. Even yama wasn't able to pierce the barrier.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Irregulars are an invasive species to the tower, with inherent advantages allowing them to displace and wipe out indigenous life.

Ancients have become an endangered species in their own natural habitat.

With irregulars introducing something not unlike -climate change- to the lowest 134 floors.