Voting Round 1 - Regulus Corneas vs. Illyasviel von Einzbern | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Regulus Corneas vs. Illyasviel von Einzbern

Who wins?

• Regulus Corneas

• Illyasviel von Einzbern

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Long term memory is a physical change. In the shorter term so is breathing, talking, moving, thinking, hearing, and seeing.

This ReZero writing is going to be the death of me one day.:epicfacepalm

Edit: I know. I know. Suspension of disbelief and all that but...come on man. That's asking a lot.
Your bias towards Re:Zero is always welcome :teehee

The wikia were generalizing and describing both abilities, which was likely why you were confused about there are two different versions.
Yeah I know that there are two "attacks" for Gae Bolg, what I meant is that it never said the shield wasn't a countermeasure only for the second one (thrown) but also the "fate" one, which implies the attack cannot happen if it doesnt have means to trespass defences that are beyond the spear's capabilities.

Which btw makes sense since its a B rank NP, one of my points is that if it simply decided fate regardless of the opponent's defensive hax it would be some A+ shit at least.
And it would never need the second attack in the first place, which is defined as stronger than the fate one (lol).

Sure. For one, being stronger than divine protection in the world of ReZero isn't the same as being stronger than what's in the Type Moon universe.
:lambirb

The name is literally "Protection of Divine origin" and Authorities are defined as Above Divine power.
So your argument is that Divine Protections of Fate are stronger than Divine Protections in Re:Zero... because you say so.

Nice :lmao

As for Regulas nullifying the act of dying, it's because of the way that ability functions. He nullifies his death by freezing his heart's time, however, Gae Bolg bypasses time and so moves around that ability. It'd be like if someone killed Corneas with Lions Heart not activated and then activated Lion's Heart after his death. Does he survive? I doubt he does.
I think you know this and you just had a small lapsus but... You do know that Regulus has his heart inside his wives right? This is proved when Reinhard gets close to him and he cannot detect any heartbeats, then the scene shifts to Emilia speaking with one of the wives and detects two heartbeats in her.

The action of dying by having his heart pierced is straight up impossible. The only thing at this point that can sustain your argument is that Gae Bolg just decides you die without a say in the matter, which is something it never proved to do.

Sure, but the attack itself isn't the spear thrusting, the attack is the heart being destroyed. Lancer thrusting the spear and all that is just for show. And no, the attack does just happen, that's the whole point, it happens and then fate shapes itself afterward to match that outcome. As for why it depends on range, it's not a physical limitation, it's just the function of the technique. You have to be within a certain distance to activate it, but once it's activated it doesn't matter where you are.

Because Luck in the fate world is a stat, one that allows you to reverse your fate. So unless you're giving Regulas' Pandora's powers, he can't avoid it.

For why Saber avoided it, because her fate was changed due to her Luck stat.
What it proved to be is an attack that makes the cause happen before the effect (its base definition) which decides the attack will hit, no way to avoid it except through some divine providence that makes you instinctively dodge for some weird reason (Saber precisely said she dodged it through instinct and luck).

But the attack is still an attack, subjected to range, subjected to land on the opponent, subjected to be capable of piercing the opponent (Defences of divine origin or above could deflect it). This is what it proved to do.

The example you put for that event for Hollow Ataraxia can even be explained by that guy having his heart pierced already before travelling back in time, that version of him that travelled back was already dead so he died anyway.
Weird overall of course, but Fate isn't a work that you can call consistent with what they claim.
Shit is defined in a supercolourful way and later it ends up being countered by shit that by that weird definition it shouldn't be possible to be countered, which means that what it actually does is different. You only need to check the wiki page of Ea to see what Im talking about.

Would it be meta even if Gilgamesh told her? Nothing implies that x or y can't have a conversation before the battle. I don't think it's like a fighting game where they simply spawn there.

Anyways she would come back to life or regenerate thanks to God Hand Divine Protection and Avallon. There's no limit to how many cards she can use and she can change 'em mid combat. Just like she wouldn't knew about the wives, Regulus wouldn't know it in any case. That would be the perfect moment to blitz and finish him. Fate servants tend to be inhumanly strong.
It is meta because its deciding things outside of the events in the VS. She's getting help from another character and knows something that by herself she cannot know.

As for the cards Im not versed in Kaleid but arent the cards subjected to the limits of their powers? Why would she need unlimited mana with her "ultimate form" if she can spam everything without limits? Sounds very contradicting.

Last edited:

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Your bias towards Re:Zero is always welcome :teehee

Yeah I know that there are two "attacks" for Gae Bolg, what I meant is that it never said the shield wasn't a countermeasure only for the second one (thrown) but also the "fate" one, which implies the attack cannot happen if it doesnt have means to trespass defences that are beyond the spear's capabilities.

Which btw makes sense since its a B rank NP, one of my points is that if it simply decided fate regardless of the opponent's defensive hax it would be some A+ shit at least.

:lambirb

The name is literally "Protection of Divine origin" and Authorities are defined as Above Divine power.
So your argument is that Divine Protections of Fate are stronger than Divine Protections in Re:Zero... because you say so.

Nice :lmao

I think you know this and you just had a small lapsus but... You do know that Regulus has his heart inside his wives right?

The action of dying by having his heart pierced is straight up impossible. The only thing at this point that can sustain your argument is that Gae Bolg just decides you die without a say in the matter, which is something it never proved to do.

What it proved to be is an attack that makes the cause happen before the effect (its base definition) which decides the attack will hit, no way to avoid it except through some divine providence that makes you instinctively dodge for some weird reason (Saber precisely said she dodged it through instinct and luck).

But the attack is still an attack, subjected to range, subjected to land on the opponent, subjected to be capable of piercing the opponent (Defences of divine origin or above could deflect it). This is what it proved to do.

The example you put for that event for Hollow Ataraxia can even be explained by that guy having his heart pierced already before travelling back in time, that version of him that travelled back was already dead so he died anyway.
Weird overall of course, but Fate isn't a work that you can call consistent with what they claim.
Shit is defined in a supercolourful way and later it ends up being countered by shit that by that weird definition it shouldn't be possible to be countered, which means that what it actually does is different. You only need to check the wiki page of Ea to see what Im talking about.

It is meta because its deciding things outside of the events in the VS. She's getting help from another character and knows something that by herself she cannot know.

As for the cards Im not versed in Kaleid but arent the cards subjected to the limits of their powers? Why would she need unlimited mana with her "ultimate form" if she can spam everything without limits? Sounds very contradicting.
By "it" I assume you mean the wiki. And like I told you, the wiki isn't canon. They wrote that the shield is a countermeasure, because it blocked the thrown version, this isn't a thing that's stated in the game or in the materials. So the wiki not specifying that it was only for the thrown version doesn't matter, because they don't have a say in it. And it's not that they're wrong, they just didn't specify that it was for the thrown version.

Like I said, the letter ranking denotes power, not usefulness, a B rank Noble Phantasm alone can let you kill 3 servants using A rank noble phantasms at the same time.

I'm not making that claim, you are. The rules of Re Zero aren't the rules of Fate. If you're saying ReZero Authority is above Fate's divine protection then make your case. Not that power is the issue anyway, deciding fate is.

Is it his physical heart? As in he pulled it out and gave it to them? I thought he had a heart, and then he also had Lion's Heart.

No, what's proved is that the attack transcends time and possibility. If you are killed before you use an attack, then the attack is impossible, because the person who used it is dead. Gae Bolg is above that, it literally decides fate, and has proved to do so.
She didn't travel back in time, her weapon did, and it killed Lancer before he used Gae Bolg, thus erasing Gae Bolg since Lancer can't cast it if he's dead. Gae Bolg altered fate so that it was still cast despite that impossibility.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This conversation is basically about saying Cu Chulain can instakill any Fate Character whose Luck isn't B or above. Makes the character look like a total moron dont you think? :eyeroll

By "it" I assume you mean the wiki. And like I told you, the wiki isn't canon. They wrote that the shield is a countermeasure, because it blocked the thrown version, this isn't a thing that's stated in the game or in the materials. So the wiki not specifying that it was only for the thrown version doesn't matter, because they don't have a say in it. And it's not that they're wrong, they just didn't specify that it was for the thrown version.
The statement makes sense, precisely because the attack can be interacted with. The spear seemingly stretching itself in impossible angles to strike the heart proves it, Saber dodging it proves it, Cu Chulain not using this attack to stomp the entire Grail War proves it.
Will you start adressing the points that take down your argument?

So the one that is assuming it does something its never proved to do is you man, not the wikia.

Like I said, the letter ranking denotes power, not usefulness, a B rank Noble Phantasm alone can let you kill 3 servants using A rank noble phantasms at the same time.
Usefulness? I would say a weapon that can ignore defences, happens the moment the attacker decides it and brings absolute unavoidable death to anything is powerful asf even in Fate Universe, definitely not a B and Im sure you know this. It would dare say its like one of the strongest Anti Unit weapons of all Fate even.

Im pretty sure that what you claim is not what the author meant with this weapon at all.

I'm not making that claim, you are. The rules of Re Zero aren't the rules of Fate. If you're saying ReZero Authority is above Fate's divine protection then make your case. Not that power is the issue anyway, deciding fate is.
Dude dont get nervous and read, you are back to ignoring my arguments.

You are assuming Divine Protections of Fate > Divine Protections of Re:Zero because you say so and Im calling you out on that.
Why would they be different? They are both Divine Protections, powers of divine origin that protect the character.

Then Re:Zero Authorities are stated to be stronger than Divine Protections at anything, the one going around this fact is you, not me. :heh

Is it his physical heart? As in he pulled it out and gave it to them? I thought he had a heart, and then he also had Lion's Heart.
No he doesn't have it, he only got it back when he lost his Authority. He can exist without movement in his own being, thats the crazy nature of his power.

Lion's heart allows to place his heart inside anyone that he considers his wife, not a copy heart or the like.

No, what's proved is that the attack transcends time and possibility. If you are killed before you use an attack, then the attack is impossible, because the person who used it is dead. Gae Bolg is above that, it literally decides fate, and has proved to do so.
Prove it, I just gave several reasons as to why it doesn't. You are basically saying it does because it does. :cookiehand

She didn't travel back in time, her weapon did, and it killed Lancer before he used Gae Bolg, thus erasing Gae Bolg since Lancer can't cast it if he's dead. Gae Bolg altered fate so that it was still cast despite that impossibility.
This actually makes the case easier to understand and contradicts this claim you did in the first place:

So even if you go back in time and kill Lancer before he can even use Gae Bolg, the fact that Gae Bolg was invoked means you are already dead, even though it's impossible because you killed him before he even used it.
The attack happened before she sent her weapon back in time to kill him, so the paradox easily gets resolved in her getting killed before she sends the weapon in the first place.

Theres no "fate" bs, she was simply already hit when she tried mending it.

I rest my case.

Last edited:

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This conversation is basically about saying Cu Chulain can instakill any Fate Character whose Luck isn't B or above. Makes the character look like a total moron dont you think? :eyeroll

The statement makes sense, precisely because the attack can be interacted with. The spear seemingly stretching itself in impossible angles to strike the heart proves it, Saber dodging it proves it, Cu Chulain not using this attack to stomp the entire Grail War proves it.
Will you start adressing the points that take down your argument?

So the one that is assuming it does something its never proved to do is you man, not the wikia.

Usefulness? I would say a weapon that can ignore defences, happens the moment the attacker decides it and brings absolute unavoidable death to anything is powerful asf even in Fate Universe, definitely not a B and Im sure you know this. It would dare say its like one of the strongest Anti Unit weapons of all Fate even.

Im pretty sure that what you claim is not what the author meant with this weapon at all.

Dude dont get nervous and read, you are back to ignoring my arguments.

You are assuming Divine Protections of Fate > Divine Protections of Re:Zero because you say so and Im calling you out on that.
Why would they be different? They are both Divine Protections, powers of divine origin that protect the character.

Then Re:Zero Authorities are stated to be stronger than Divine Protections at anything, the one going around this fact is you, not me. :heh

No he doesn't have it, he only got it back when he lost his Authority. He can exist without movement in his own being, thats the crazy nature of his power.

Lion's heart allows to place his heart inside anyone that he considers his wife, not a copy heart or the like.

Prove it, I just gave several reasons as to why it doesn't. You are basically saying it does because it does. :cookiehand

This actually makes the case easier to understand and contradicts this claim you did in the first place:

The attack happened before she sent her weapon back in time to kill him, so the paradox easily gets resolved in her getting killed before she sends the weapon in the first place.

Theres no "fate" bs, she was simply already hit when she tried mending it.

I rest my case.
Well he is literally described by the author as a jobber.

Saber dodged thanks to fate, so that doesn't really prove anything. And it stretching in different angles is just show, what it actually does is generate a scenario in which the foe is pierced.
No. I'm going by the definition set out by the game and side materials.
As I recall I've addressed every point, they simply don't take down my argument :toc

Yes, it is useful asf. That's why I said the letter denotes power and not usefulness.

Not assuming anything. What you're doing is assuming that a power in the ReZero world is greater than a power in the Fate world. It's like saying Goa is fire, and Ameterasu from Naruto is fire, so obviously Ul Goa is more powerful than Ameterasu because Ul Goa>Goa.

Not what the wiki says. He supposedly gives them a pseudo heart.

I did prove it, in that Hollow Ataraxia fight. I'm not saying it does this, Hollow Ataraxia is saying it does this.

Not at all. Her weapon always strikes first, and it did strike first, it went back in time and killed Lancer. Gae Bolg simply altered fate so that Gae Bolg hits regardless.
Call it "fate bs" all you want, determining fate is literally in the definition of the weapon. It's not my words, it's the words of the game and it's materials.

Resting your case again eh? You'll be back, you always are :)

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

As I said, it would occur BEFORE the fight, not during it. But it doesn't matter because Ruby can also predict the future by some extent. Me mentioning Gil in a question was to know if PRE-BATTLE dialogues would be considered meta since it's Gaia (the world) who asks Gilgamesh to help Ilya. Not Ilya herself.

Limited to their powers but taking into account that Servants are overpowered. They move at blinding speed, they are resilient enough to resist energy blasts or even death in Heracles case. The unlimited Mana is an innate ability from Ruby, she can use the second magic to fuel her master. And Ilya herself is also a 'lesser grail', which means she alone hold tons of mana and even trained to better utilize it. Not limitless. Aside from the servant abilities, she still have her own output in the end. Don't know how it's contradicting at all.

I'm pretty sure Ilya is way more experience than Emilia. And I'm also pretty sure she wouldn't mind to kill others if it meant a path to her victory. And I'm also pretty sure she can make a mess in a spam of 5 seconds if equiped with any of the combat-oriented class cards like emiya, medusa, gordon or heracles.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I will not address the Gae Bolg nonsense any further, its a waste of time and I consider it closed, let people decide themselves with the points raised.

As I said, it would occur BEFORE the fight, not during it. But it doesn't matter because Ruby can also predict the future by some extent. Me mentioning Gil in a question was to know if PRE-BATTLE dialogues would be considered meta since it's Gaia (the world) who asks Gilgamesh to help Ilya. Not Ilya herself.

Limited to their powers but taking into account that Servants are overpowered. They move at blinding speed, they are resilient enough to resist energy blasts or even death in Heracles case. The unlimited Mana is an innate ability from Ruby, she can use the second magic to fuel her master. And Ilya herself is also a 'lesser grail', which means she alone hold tons of mana and even trained to better utilize it. Not limitless. Aside from the servant abilities, she still have her own output in the end. Don't know how it's contradicting at all.

I'm pretty sure Ilya is way more experience than Emilia. And I'm also pretty sure she wouldn't mind to kill others if it meant a path to her victory. And I'm also pretty sure she can make a mess in a spam of 5 seconds if equiped with any of the combat-oriented class cards like emiya, medusa, gordon or heracles.
Dude... something that happens before the VS is something outside of the VS come on. :XD

Gil helping her in anyway for the VS is part of a convenient pre-battle plot. How would Gil tell her anything that he cannot know until the VS starts?

Its like if I say Regulus reads in his gospel (book that guides him and shows the future) that to defeat Illya he has to destroy the cards. Its a stretch of the plot and something that happens outside of the actual VS, therefore I cannot use that point.

And before you say this again, no, Gil cannot help her during the VS. This is Illya vs Regulus, no extra characters are allowed or else this is not a thing of characters but Universe vs Universe.

Also what I meant with the cards is that I know that she can use the powers of the servants which said cards hold, but using those skills and powers still consume her mana (even if her mana pool is huge) so she will eventually run out of it.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tbh I'm liking most of these discussion
I will not address the Gae Bolg nonsense any further, its a waste of time and I consider it closed, let people decide themselves with the points raised.

Dude... something that happens before the VS is something outside of the VS come on. :XD

Gil helping her in anyway for the VS is part of a convenient pre-battle plot. How would Gil tell her anything that he cannot know until the VS starts?

Its like if I say Regulus reads in his gospel (book that guides him and shows the future) that to defeat Illya he has to destroy the cards. Its a stretch of the plot and something that happens outside of the actual VS, therefore I cannot use that point.

And before you say this again, no, Gil cannot help her during the VS. This is Illya vs Regulus, no extra characters are allowed or else this is not a thing of characters but Universe vs Universe.

Also what I meant with the cards is that I know that she can use the powers of the servants which said cards hold, but using those skills and powers still consume her mana (even if her mana pool is huge) so she will eventually run out of it.
You're wrong to assume he doesnt know. He have clarevoyance and all his bodies from every era shares information. GoB allow him to have every treasure that ever existed on humanity's story, btw. Even this book is in his possession.

The fact that the World would do anything to keep Ilya as it's savior and last survivor, I dont see how that would make the vs "unfair". Not as much as Regulus using his wife as scapegoat and having them directly interfere on the battle. How is that different from using external help?

About the mana issue, I'll repeat. Ilya is a lesser grail. Someone as Regulus wont make her run out of mana as fast as you think, plus he is as arrogant as F/SN Gilgamesh, she's physically superior in every aspect + Ruby will provide her a lot of mana via Second Magic.

And, again, again, again. Any battle-oriented class card would give him a run for his money. She literally move at blinding speed and can tank or block physical harm. 5 seconds are nothing.

Again, let's not ignore that fact that Ruby also have the capacity to see the future by some extent. Ruby is the weapon she uses.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
You're wrong to assume he doesnt know. He have clarevoyance and all his bodies from every era shares information. GoB allow him to have every treasure that ever existed on humanity's story, btw. Even this book is in his possession.
Wrong, Gate of Babylon allows him to summon all the weapons and artifacts that he collected during his lifetime. That means he also has many Noble Phantasms that other heroes owned later on but theres no way he owns information on Regulus and much less his book. He doesn't belong to the same Universe as Gilgamesh.

The fact that the World would do anything to keep Ilya as it's savior and last survivor, I dont see how that would make the vs "unfair". Not as much as Regulus using his wife as scapegoat and having them directly interfere on the battle. How is that different from using external help?
His wives technically exist because he has access to all his abilities according to the rules, which include Lion's Heart.
The wives existence is actually his weakness so Illya can take advantage of it, the point is how would she would figure out she has to get rid of them. There are no ways for her to figure it out without external influence (Gil) and that is against the rules. This is a 1v1.

He can technically set his heart inside her too tbh, but that means he would consider her his wife... huh, pedo vibes not welcome.

About the mana issue, I'll repeat. Ilya is a lesser grail. Someone as Regulus wont make her run out of mana as fast as you think, plus he is as arrogant as F/SN Gilgamesh, she's physically superior in every aspect + Ruby will provide her a lot of mana via Second Magic.
Thats why I said she can run away for quite some time, the point is she doesnt have means to hurt him so in a direct confrontation she will eventually run out of resources while Regulus wont. If Regulus manages to hit her once its instakill too so it comes down to running away... This is a tournament fight, remember that.

And, again, again, again. Any battle-oriented class card would give him a run for his money. She literally move at blinding speed and can tank or block physical harm. 5 seconds are nothing.
He cannot sustain damage, he's effectively invulnerable to anything subjected to Time in any manner, so I dont see how that makes a difference.
When he gets serious he can move fast enough to surprise Reinhard, which is a huge feat too, only in straight lines tho for the nature of his impossible acceleration but still enough to speed blitz most servants.
Rein only managed to contend him (not defeat him) cause he was the better fighter, has insane regeneration, can resurrect if killed and his stamina is unlimited. He needs to go Anti-world (in Fate terms) on Regulus' ass to eliminate him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Page if Regulus wins (and I think he should) Im going to ask for commission in future rounds. Im defending Regulus so much and he isn't even my champion... :lambirb

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You are the great champion of all things ReZero @Lambu and we love you for it. :verily

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Wrong, Gate of Babylon allows him to summon all the weapons and artifacts that he collected during his lifetime. That means he also has many Noble Phantasms that other heroes owned later on but theres no way he owns information on Regulus and much less his book. He doesn't belong to the same Universe as Gilgamesh.

His wives technically exist because he has access to all his abilities according to the rules, which include Lion's Heart.
The wives existence is actually his weakness so Illya can take advantage of it, the point is how would she would figure out she has to get rid of them. There are no ways for her to figure it out without external influence (Gil) and that is against the rules. This is a 1v1.

He can technically set his heart inside her too tbh, but that means he would consider her his wife... huh, pedo vibes not welcome.

Thats why I said she can run away for quite some time, the point is she doesnt have means to hurt him so in a direct confrontation she will eventually run out of resources while Regulus wont. If Regulus manages to hit her once its instakill too so it comes down to running away... This is a tournament fight, remember that.

He cannot sustain damage, he's effectively invulnerable to anything subjected to Time in any manner, so I dont see how that makes a difference.
When he gets serious he can move fast enough to surprise Reinhard, which is a huge feat too, only in straight lines tho for the nature of his impossible acceleration but still enough to speed blitz most servants.
Rein only managed to contend him (not defeat him) cause he was the better fighter, has insane regeneration, can resurrect if killed and his stamina is unlimited. He needs to go Anti-world (in Fate terms) on Regulus' ass to eliminate him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Page if Regulus wins (and I think he should) Im going to ask for commission in future rounds. Im defending Regulus so much and he isn't even my champion... :lambirb
What he collected was the origin of human wisdom. It constains magic too, not just weapons. Artifacts of all kind. As an act of altruism, he gave his master the potion of youth, for example. True, he could not possess the book, but one could say that he possess the origin for this book as a prototype. You can check GoB's page, but I admit I was wrong stating that he have the actual book.
About his clarevoyane, Sha Naqba Imuru allow him to also see the possibilities of various parallel worlds should he so choose. The only drawback of this ability is that he could go and "nah that's bullshit" because of how prideful he is and totally ignore a vision.

Ruby would act as a 'farseer' instead of Gil, anyways.
"Another among of Ruby's device functions is called Secret Device #18 which allows Ruby to predict an immediate future event based on statistics and event fluctuation patterns based on the target's life.
Humorously, it has been implied that Ruby is a very skilled chemist as she keeps multiple powerful sedatives, able to cause the victims to enter a 'nirvana'-type trance when injected, handy as well as a truth and love serum. "
It still a 1v1 since Ruby is her weapon, in the end.
And no pedo allowed! :D

It isn't instant kill if she's either with berserker/heracles or avenger/gorgon installed. They both have battle continuation and berserker even have protection from the gods. Gorgon can curse her opponent just by screaming and petrify or null magic with her eyes. By Fate logic, if you have divinity, you can fight on equal grounds as someone who also have divinity unless said person drop this rank on purpose (like Gilgamesh as incarnated human did, or Karna when he obey the condition to use Vasavi Shakti).

This is how fast she can move while using Gorgon. And you said he can only move in a stright line, wouldn't be a problem at all for her. And the 5 seconds rule? Servants can, I'll repeat, make a big mess in a five seconds spam. Plus her eyes have the ability to:

a) petrify him
b) stun him if he resists petrification
c) low all his parameters if he resists the stun and petrification

All she have to do is look at him.

There's no way they will be fighting on even grounds. No matter the tactic, she can use her instincs to answer it. Darius stated that Ilya's instinct, although a skill possessed by Saber, might be in the end a natural gift in her possession.

Few, I think we all showed both our cards. and Ilya isn't my fighter either. I didn't picked one but I'm rooting for Vegeta because my inner shonen lover wants to. Plus Dragon Ball is very famous in my country. Even my grandma knows who Goku is.

This was my last reply. You guys can vote for whoever you want, but I will keep thinking that Ilya can beat this guy due to all the tools she have at her disposal. Good luck!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Meh, unlike Regulus, Illya is an independent character that doesn’t need the help of others to fight. :hmph
What’s the point of entering a battle like this if you are just going to hide behind wives? That I still don’t see on a battlefield lol. Where is he going to find them? If he tried this on her: llya is a literal child, not a woman.

To illustrate Illya’s interesting skill set visually, have some Illya :3

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Fact
He cannot sustain damage, he's effectively invulnerable to anything subjected to Time in any manner
Argument:
:lambirb :fail

Look if we are going to vote the character we like or the most popular this contest loses its purpose but theres no way around it I guess.

Im sure there are a lot more Fate fans than Re:Zero novel readers and those will not even care about this discussion, they will just vote the character they know/love and leave, which is "fine but not fine" if you know what Im saying.

I also love DragonBall, but that doesnt make me think that Goku can beat this guy for example. There are things and concepts much bigger than DB in fiction.

Im kind of done too tho, cyclic discussion can only entertain till a certain point.

Meh, unlike Regulus, Illya is an independent character that doesn’t need the help of others to fight. :hmph
What’s the point of entering a battle like this if you are just going to hide behind wives? That I still don’t see on a battlefield lol. Where is he going to find them? If he tried this on her: llya is a literal child, not a woman.

To illustrate Illya’s interesting skill set visually, have some Illya :3

The nerve to say that when Illya depends on being a massive copycat of other characters :fan:pjsalt

Still damn... Ufotable does make her look good :lambirb

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well at least (copy)cats are cute :teehee

I do hope this deadly cuteness will have you all consider to watch/read Kaleid :3 It's 100% worth your time~

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Breaking my own word.
By no means I meant to say it would be a vote for popularity, but the arguments are all on the desk for people to analyze and pick. And facepalming as if petrify was my only argument wasn't cool, tho. But I don't care, those bring exhaustion and i still think Ilya should win. She's the better fighter and have the better tools.

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Still damn... Ufotable does make her look good :lambirb
Those would be from Silver Link rather than Ufotable (and IMHO I think SL's done their slice of the Fate universe very well, despite not quite having that Ufotable polish. :D)

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Those would be from Silver Link rather than Ufotable (and IMHO I think SL's done their slice of the Fate universe very well, despite not quite having that Ufotable polish. :D)
Cool I didnt know that. o/

Breaking my own word.
By no means I meant to say it would be a vote for popularity, but the arguments are all on the desk for people to analyze and pick. And facepalming as if petrify was my only argument wasn't cool, tho. But I don't care, those bring exhaustion and i still think Ilya should win. She's the better fighter and have the better tools.
Hey, you gotta give me just a bit of credit after I explained how Regulus works for a dozen times now and you still use that argument, its exhausting. :XD

My take is Illya needs meta-role (know stuff that she cannot know and act according to it) or external help to win this match. Best case scenario for her is a draw or retreat for lacking means to effectively attack Regulus.

Which is kind of normal, I believe he's one of the tankiest characters ever made with a rather cool concept/idea behind it.

No hard feelings tho, this is a game, an event of dumb discussion on weeb culture (lol). It wouldn't be the same without salt. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.