Discussion - Relationship/Pairings/Shipping Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Relationship/Pairings/Shipping Thread

Clown from Argentina

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
For me:
Mimosa's personality > Noelle's
But her power development < Noelle's
I don’t care how strong Mimosa if she is much better as a character :disappoint

P.s She is a much more variable magician than her cousin (she is a sensor, healer, has protective spells and even one for attack). Noelle can only beat the enemy or do some tsuntsun shit.:yodawg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not that Mimosa is all this much from the point of view of the personality, rather it is rather bland and stereotyped, a bit like Noelle, who however compensates with a more active role.
Did you joke so subtly?:umad

The author showed Noelle doing only 3 things in the manga :

1)Scream and beat Asta (WTF).:fail
2)Try to behave arrogantly with Yuno who constantly puts her in her place.:yodawg

3)Whining that she does not have enough strength.:disappoint

Given that the topic is about relationships but Noelle doing nothing there when Mimosa is already purposefully trying 3/4 arch in a row.

P.s Neutral remark but even Yuno has more chemistry with Noelle that she with Asta ,lol :yodawg

Last edited:

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nozel and Dorothy are dating.

Nozel wouldn’t randomly tell just anybody about the secret of his mother’s death, and the fact that he could tell Dorothy inside of her dream world without activating the demon’s curse wouldn’t be enough reason to tell her. That he told Dorothy implies they’re much closer than just co-workers. Plus, while Noelle thought the dream-Nozel that Dorothy conjured was acting ridiculously out of character, Dorothy seemed to think she got his personality right. Implying that she’s seen a side of him that he doesn’t show to anybody else, not even his family.

There really is no reason for Nozel to tell Dorothy about Megicula. If he wanted to tell Noelle then he would of just contacted Dorothy to send them in the pocket dimension.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadow22

Reaction score
Country
United States
How would the Vermillion family react to Mereolenona dating?

would they pull the typical brother thing in alot of ashows where they go if you hurt her I will kill you , say that if you hurt her she will kill you , or would they not care

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I guess they would be happy, in fact it is strange that the firstborn of the Vermillion and the Silva are not married, they should have hundreds of marriage proposals at least ....

Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
I'm more into a sweet threesome by Asta x Noelle & Mimosa. BEST RELATIONSHIP!! Because both Noelle and Mimosa are cousins.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't ship Asta and Noelle, she's more dense than Lucy is from FT. Mimosa would be much better for Asta

Crimson_Dawn13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Of the ships that could feasibly become canon, I ship:
  • Yami Sukehiro x Charlotte Roselei - it's obvious that their feelings are mutual and though sometimes Charlotte makes me look away in second hand embarrassment from her reactions to Yami, she clearly likes him and he clearly likes her as in Nean, he does offer that the two can look after one another when they reach old age. Once Charlotte becomes more honest with the men in her life, I'm sure they're bound to get together.
  • Noelle Silva x Asta - I mean, she is the main female character in the show and has a crush on Asta. Sister Lily most likely will never accept Asta's request because she's a nun. She's married to God or something like that.
  • Dorothy Unsworth x Nozel Silva - Maybe it's just me but the two seem close considering he lets her in on his secrets and she does have a glowing opinion of him. (Now, Dorothy clearly has some very wacky opinions of everyone, but still...)
  • Gauche Adlai x Grey - Grey definitely cares for him and respects him, and, at least in one of the anime-only episodes he did help her, and since the Underwater Temple arc they have gotten close, especially in the Spade Arc. Clearly, since Grey was extra worried about him dying and even developed a whole new ability because of it.
  • Charmy Pappitson x Rill Boismortier - mostly I prefer it over Yuno x Charmy, but also I think there is a certain art to cooking and based on that, the two "artistic" souls would probably work together well if Rill realised that Dwarf Charmy and Normal Charmy are the same person and Charmy came to have a romantic interest in him.

Of the ships that probably won't become canon but I still like, I ship:
  • Mereoleona Vermillion x William Vangeance - Having the shorter one in a relationship be the guy is quite refreshing. But seriously, I like the opposing personalities and the fact that neither of them are phased by one another, or will let the other walk all over them. Or, at least in "Book of Yuno" William does actually confront Mereoleona about her... acting... methods. Unlike Yami and some other people he's not intimidated by her. Sure there is one glaring problem with this: William was a traitor and um... he did enable Patri to take her brother's arm... but er... AUs anybody? Or slowburn? Or er... let's hope Mereoleona is more forgiving than she sometimes acts...? Either way I only ship the two of them with one another and no one else. (It's unlikely Tabata will pair them up with anybody anyway, seeing as there's nothing hinting at it, which works fine for me.)
  • Nebra Silva x Zora Ideale - Very different attitudes, but that's what would make it so fun to see them in a relationship. It might even encourage them to re-evaluate their world-views. But mostly it's a crack-ship.
  • Patri x Secre Swallowtail - I mean they went through a similar thing together 500 years ago, are alive in the current events of Black Clover, and they could bond over their losses? Also, Nero could always peck him into behaving himself if he ever got any homicidal/genocidal urges again... just thought that'd be funny... in a twisted way.
  • Finral Roulacase x Vanessa Enoteca - I prefer it over the canon pairing, because they both look like they'd be just fine in a loose relationship were Finral wouldn't need to stress himself over being faithful to one person without even thinking about another woman. It's clear that's not working for him very well. Also the two seemed close, especially after the Underwater Temple Arc and then in the Tournament Arc and I just felt that the Finral x Finesse ship was shoe-horned in when it didn't need to be. Plus they could have made a great support mage couple...

Inuhanyou123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Asta Noelle

Yami Charlotte

Yuno Charmy

I don't really see much else besides finral and finesse.

Don't really understand why mimosa is on any pairing lists. She was set up as a romantic foil for Noelle, like Rebecca. Vanessa was romantic foil for Charlotte but atleast Vanessa is an actual character outside of that.

I binged the manga within the last week from start to finish so I'm very new to black clover and don't know what the anime may have added or how fandom ships have developed but this is what I see purely from what I've read of the manga so far.

Last edited:

Davy Clyde

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yuno Charmy

Don't really understand why mimosa is on any pairing lists. She was set up as a romantic foil for Noelle, like Rebecca. Vanessa was romantic foil for Charlotte but atleast Vanessa is an actual character outside of that.
How do you see Yuno/Charmy getting a serious chance? It feels more like a joke pairing, with the interest mainly coming from Charmy.

Mimosa is in pairing lists because she is a likeable character. Her character is pretty simple, but that does not mean she lacks character.

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you see Yuno/Charmy getting a serious chance? It feels more like a joke pairing, with the interest mainly coming from Charmy.

Mimosa is in pairing lists because she is a likeable character. Her character is pretty simple, but that does not mean she lacks character.
I think yuno charmy is half a joke and half serious possibility, like charmy herself. It's played for comedic relief but instead of making it clearly one sided like how yuno treats bell, tabata goes out or his way to show that he clearly appreciates her whenever he sees her and she's clearly infatuated with him.

It's honestly not that much off from how Yami Charlotte is portrayed beyond less scenes of them.

There is a lot we don't know about charmy herself or her backround so I also think that plays into things for the future depending on what tabata wants to do.

I'll admit its not much to go on considering the scarcity, but I am largely only going by what I see has potential to evolve in the actual series, not by which characters I personally like for their personality or fan ship with other characters.

So I listed them in order of what I thought was most likely to grow into something else as series progresses if this isn't the final arc.

And I didn't mean to sound like I thought mimosa didn't have a character outside of asta. She's definitely not Inoue or Hinata. I just meant that in comparison to someone like Vanessa who clearly has a place with her friends on the black bulls outside of whatever her feelings might be for yami, mimosa doesn't really have a defined goal in the story like many of the other characters.

And so in the fanbase she largely gets treated as pairing fodder for asta which I don't think is right. Especially now that tabata went out of his way to teach her ultimate plant magic.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
My personal headcanon's Zora and Kirsch. XD
It's a wild combo, I'll give you that, but that's not the Vermillion I'd ship Zora with...IK there's an age gap there, on the reverse, but I kinda think something very funky might develop, if given the chance, with Mereoleona. Crazy, I know, but during the Royal Knights' "visit" to the Gravito Rock elf base I could sort of glimpse a possible triangle with Rhya as well, there were plenty of sparks going out there, and I feel like only BST could do for Anegoleon or either of those 2 :heh ... Ofc, with Kirch and Zora we'd get BST as well
I don't ship Asta and Noelle, she's more dense than Lucy is from FT. Mimosa would be much better for Asta
LOL, Lucy is not dense, she's defensive, since her love interest is the overly typical dense shounen MC. Natsu's the one competing with Bakarina, not Lucy. And Noelle used to be in denial because of her trust and confidence issues, something she's mostly over now. But she's the one with the deepest feelings so far, Mimosa is indeed infatuated, but, Idk, it feels a lot more like the generic hero worship than genuine attraction...not to mention that it's still Noelle who gets more chances, of the two, to spend time with him and develop their relationship. And looking at things from the other angle, Noelle is the type of person Asta would find more things in common with, complete with a natural career competition and somewhat similar fight style(she's at least partially a swordswoman, which gives them ample reasons to train together), plus they're almost default mission partners, much like Luck and Magna, Vanessa and Finral, or the 3G oddballs. Yes, Asta and Mimosa had the chance to fight together, but it was like once, and he hardly gets the chance to hang out with his foster brother in that same squad as her, much less with their common friends.
Sister Lily most likely will never accept Asta's request because she's a nun. She's married to God or something like that.
True this, I also think it's impossible since Sister Lily came into his life as an adult(by BC standards) and has always had more of a motherly attitude towards and type of affection for the kids there, Yuno and Asta included. With Yuno we can see it played straight since he does treat her like a foster mother.

K, given the story so far, there are plenty of chances to find some people to ship, either canonically or as pure crack, but my take is:

Canon:

Asta X Noelle. It's been a while since I've last seen such a wholesome and endearing, sprinkled with understandable tsundere moments, MC duo, with possible growth from reluctant partners to friends to eventual lovers. I call it wholesome since Noelle's canon tsundere outbursts are not as strong or often as "seen" by those who dislike her, and sometimes her reactions are completely warranted, such as when Asta is indeed crass or breaching personal space, all within the context where Noelle has a history of being exposed to even physical abuse from her older siblings. And he understands that side of her even if he doesn't always show it.
Throughout their interactions Asta has doubly proven himself able to be more of a fight partner who has her back when/ if she fails(cause she's not perfect) as well as her most avid supporter, the main person in her life enabling her to strive for always more, always better, and for being her own "amazing" hero. Sure, she's been working hard for years before they'd met, but he's the first person who got her to succeed by showing her they can share the burden until she can shoulder it all by herself.
On the other hand, we have the one established royal who persistently shows Asta that, in spite of all that granted, natural power, she's flawed, she actually owns it, no matter the surface bickering, and she's willing to work for improvement just as much as him. She understands what it means for society to be letting them down for matters outside of their own control. She understands receiving some level of scorn even from family(for her it was worse, but I recall Father Orsi and some of his siblings poking fun at Asta for his ambitions or putting down his dreams since he didn't have any magical means to pursue them).
Some would argue about Yuno being there before Noelle, but he was actually not. Yuno's always been blessed with not only immense magical power, but also with the means to naturally control and manage it very well even before receiving his grimoire. Throughout his childhood in Hage he's had the chance to build a positive reputation among the villagers in spite of his orphan status and it grew even further when he was chosen by a 4 leaf grimoire. So he can't really understand where Asta stands in rapport with society and even the family to whom he always needs to prove himself to be taken seriously. Sure, Yuno admires him, but it never felt genune before the point Liebe chose Asta as his host/medium.
Others would argue about Yami also getting the chance to empathise/sympathise with Asta earlier than Noelle, but Yami's only true problem's always been his foreigner status, he's always had the means to defend himself to a degree, thanks to his ki reading, and ever since getting his grimoire( cause even he has magic and quite the high quality type), his odds have only risen, to the point he earned prestige among the best quality MKs since early on, and at this point he hardly needs to prove anything anymore.
Either way, it's always been Asta and Noelle as MKs with very similar problems, so, there's one more point they can always be on the same page together.
Plus, the guy has a type for tsundere ladies beating him down with Holy Water, Noelle's variation should even ward off naughty devils, provided Luci or Liebe ever become a real threat to Asta others need to protect him from:derp
And really, can anyone figure out a prettier ship name than Astelle?

Yuno X Charmy/ Charmy X Rill. On the fence with both ships to the point I'm close to crack-shipping Yuno and Rill:heh, just cause there are odds Charmy dumps both for food.

Yami X Charlotte. Kinda fairy-tale-ish, but really not, very similar to the Astelle dynamic, but with both of them already able to toughen up in front of adversity even before meeting each other. Much less fazed out on the inside by social standards and reception.

Nozel X Fueg...no, let's leave it at Nozel X Dorothy, even if Nozel and Fuegoleon seem to give off some ho!yay vibes during their confrontations, I'll leave it to a not too friendly rivalry between removed cousins, plus, Dorothy seems to know all the salt & pepper about Nozel, which gives both of them some character development. She's cheery and fun when talking about how she sees him...and he's a completely different person( but way closer to his oddly blushing self) in her perspective. Would be fun if the runaway witches patch their relationship with the WQ mommy and try to bring their oddballs home to meet her. And a witch marrying into one of the 3 royal families?!? The scandal, the outrage, so what if she's a CK squad captain?! Kyria would implode just from that:gar
Also, imagine Nozel and Noelle bringing Dorothy and Asta over to the family dinner. *chef's kiss* The best way for us to meet their father.

I blame it on the anime fillers, but Gordon X Puli? Maybe?

Also Magna X Sol, that BST's been running wild ever since the Royal Knights selection. I can imagine these two getting together sooner than Yami and Charlotte or Asta and Noelle.

I've always seen Lumiere as sort of Secre's male version of a Lost Lenore...so Idk there...on the fence again.

Gauche X Grey cause they deserve something real and constructive in life, lol, and Marie deserves to grow up a normal girl with regular access to romance, should she want that, and given their backgrounds and character builds, it would be oddly poetic for the two to end up together. Plus, c'mon, Grey already has the mother of all crushes on him, considering...

I could see Vannessa X Finral as a "pair the spares" situation, or a "playing with" attempt, should Langris' character development somehow make him Finesse's plot-twist choice...Finral doesn't seem anywhere near surpassing his womanising tendencies, in spite of his persistent failures.

Can't think of anyone for Julius(he's in a very odd situation, but I do see why some ship him with Secre), William or Klaus, unless I'm not imagining seeing the last one being more than marginally drawn to Mimosa('s beauty).

Nothing in mind for Fuegoleon(aside from that smidgen of BST(?) with Nozel(and only because Nozel's efeminate beauty always stands out in contrast :fan)), nor for Leo.

The Gadjah X Loropechka ship is sinking fast...along with his odds for survival...

And...correct me if I'm wrong...but Mars X human! Fana is canon, right? So I'm not sure if there's any point in mentioning them( aside from the fact that childhood friends to lovers is a cute trope for such a harsh environment), just like with Sister Lily X her order, Yuno's parents, Licht X Tetia or the (high ranking) devils X death...

NB: Out of the actually canon ships I love the Licht X Tetia pairing, I can see Tabata enjoys his Tolkien.
I think this is about it among canon ship possibilities...

Cracking whip/ship time:

Anegoleon X Rhya/ Anegoleon X Zora

Fuegoleon X Nozel(cause maybe it's just my BST loving brain)

Mimosa X Klaus(they can heal each other of simping for Asta)

Nebra or Solid X Sekke (just for sadistic lulz, again, imagine the family dinner, and how everyone would yeet Sekke; no, Sekke stans, Idgad about your ideal king, he's as annoying as Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki in overplayed gags)

Yuno X Rill? (I'm sorry, the canon possibility of Charmy X Food FTW awoke this weird thing)...Or am I sorry?!

How would the Vermillion family react to Mereolenona dating?

would they pull the typical brother thing in alot of ashows where they go if you hurt her I will kill you , say that if you hurt her she will kill you , or would they not care
Depends on whom she's dating, cause if it's one of the Eyes of the Midnight Sun, welp, only Fuego would dare try acting protective and even then he'd be yeeted by his sis for meddling, and because she can handle her own relationships. She'd grab both bros by their heads(Leo: B-b-but, ane-sama, I didn't do anything) and hurl them all the way to Yultim telling them that if they have the time to poke their noses into her dating business, they're not spending enough time training.

Last edited:

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
And Noelle used to be in denial because of her trust and confidence issues, something she's mostly over now. But she's the one with the deepest feelings so far, Mimosa is indeed infatuated, but, Idk, it feels a lot more like the generic hero worship than genuine attraction...not to mention that it's still Noelle who gets more chances, of the two, to spend time with him and develop their relationship. And looking at things from the other angle, Noelle is the type of person Asta would find more things in common with, complete with a natural career competition and somewhat similar fight style(she's at least partially a swordswoman, which gives them ample reasons to train together), plus they're almost default mission partners, much like Luck and Magna, Vanessa and Finral, or the 3G oddballs. Yes, Asta and Mimosa had the chance to fight together, but it was like once, and he hardly gets the chance to hang out with his foster brother in that same squad as her, much less with their common friends.

True this, I also think it's impossible since Sister Lily came into his life as an adult(by BC standards) and has always had more of a motherly attitude and type of affection for the kids there, Yuno and Asta included. With Yuno we can see it played straight since he does treat her like a foster mother.
I agree with everything in your larger post but especially what you said here.

Just from someone new to the 🍀, for me Noelles vision of asta is probably the purest love in the series just due to how much positive reinforcement there is between the two. They both essentially started having to work for being aknowledged by others for various reasons.

And it's clear tabata was setting up Noelle and asta from the beginning because she was introduced in chapter 4 and her actual issue was set up at the same time. So she's essentially been growing the almost the same amount of time in the series as asta and yuno have.

In addition, it's clear that asta with mimosa has been a superficial affair on her part. It's clear her crush on asta hasn't really been developed at all beyond a few gags despite all the opportunities in the series proper due to how many times they had to work together as a team. There's nothing really there tying the two together beyond the friendship that's like the other friends asta has made along the way.

For astas part in particular I have gotten the feeling since much earlier in the series that he actually is attracted to Noelle romantically already, and also understands on some level her feelings for him as well. In the chapter asta gives advice to Charlotte on Yami, he says that he gets the same feeling from Noelle as he sees from Charlotte to Yami, but mistakenly understands it to be trust as opposed to romantic love and even says Noelle can't be honest about her emotions which is true which shows he understands that much as well.

This is also why I see it being obvious that astas feeling for lily is just him mistaking a clear affection for a mother figure he never had for something romantic and it's clear lily sees asta himself as a foster son along with yuno.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Undina hasn't posted at all in this thread before. So she's naturally just responding to posts prior. It's not as if anyone can control that the thread hasn't been updated in a long time.

I agree with everything in your larger post but especially what you said here.

Just from someone new to the 🍀, for me Noelles vision of asta is probably the purest love in the series just due to how much positive reinforcement there is between the two. They both essentially started having to work for being aknowledged by others for various reasons.

And it's clear tabata was setting up Noelle and asta from the beginning because she was introduced in chapter 4 and her actual issue was set up at the same time. So she's essentially been growing the almost the same amount of time in the series as asta and yuno have.

In addition, it's clear that asta with mimosa has been a superficial affair on her part. It's clear her crush on asta hasn't really been developed at all beyond a few gags despite all the opportunities in the series proper due to how many times they had to work together as a team. There's nothing really there tying the two together beyond the friendship that's like the other friends asta has made along the way.

For astas part in particular I have gotten the feeling since much earlier in the series that he actually is attracted to Noelle romantically already, and also understands on some level her feelings for him as well. In the chapter asta gives advice to Charlotte on Yami, he says that he gets the same feeling from Noelle as he sees from Charlotte to Yami, but mistakenly understands it to be trust as opposed to romantic love and even says Noelle can't be honest about her emotions which is true which shows he understands that much as well.

This is also why I see it being obvious that astas feeling for lily is just him mistaking a clear affection for a mother figure he never had for something romantic and it's clear lily sees asta himself as a foster son along with yuno.
I got into BC barely a year ago, so I ended up binging the anime and then the manga too, but if I'm not mistaken the part about trust was in some anime fillers. I'm not exactly sure, since I went through too much of this story in too short a time and didn't have the breaks for the info to settle and help me easily tell the difference between the plot each media format conveys.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Stay civil guys.

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got into BC barely a year ago, so I ended up binging the anime and then the manga too, but if I'm not mistaken the part about trust was in some anime fillers. I'm not exactly sure, since I went through too much of this story in too short a time and didn't have the breaks for the info to settle and help me easily tell the difference between the plot each media format conveys.
Was it really filler? I coulda sworn it was in the manga.... let me check

Edit

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania