Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread

What series should we start reviewing next?

• Naruto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Piece

• New Series (specify in post)

• Total voters

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread

Welcome, everyone, to the Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread. This is the place where everything JR-related is discussed.

Bakuman

[user]kdowns[/user]
[user]alphabeta[/user]
[user]FrostyMouse[/user]
[user]OtakuModeEngage[/user]
[user]scav[/user]
[user]blade5468[/user] (Senpai)

Bleach

[user]Mattiaildivino[/user]
[user]OtakuModeEngage[/user]
[USER]Mrlazsa[/USER]
[user]vagabond87[/user]
[user]The Underscore[/user] (Senpai)
[USER]danzouismadara[/USER] (Senpai)
[user]SaitoSpike[/user] (Senpai)
[user]The Newbie[/user] (Senpai)

D.Gray-Man

[user]Niko_kun[/user]
[user]unknownymous[/user]
[user]Kisame Hoshigaki[/user]
[user]Cezgeth[/user] (Senpai)
[user]Jaymie[/user] (Senpai)

Fairy Tail

[user]FrostyMouse[/user]
[user]k-dom[/user]
[USER]Jyten[/USER]

Naruto

[user]benelori[/user]
[user]Delbi[/user]
[user]jdw[/user]
[user]ninjabot[/user]
[user]KiSwordsman[/user]

One Piece

[user]vagabond87[/user]
[user]Zehahaha[/user]
[user]Page356[/user]
[user]ukimix[/user]
[user]Razh[/user]

Art Corner

Bleach

Banner made by [USER]~Coffee~[/USER]

Banner made by [USER]Shinsatsu[/USER]

Naruto

Banner made by [USER]Gintara[/USER]

Bakuman

Fairy Tail

Banner made by [USER]alphabeta[/USER]

Banner made by [USER]Gintara[/USER]

Yohoho...this is sort of a workshop thread, for future Joint Reviews. Enjoy!

You can discuss review formats, choose mangas to review, etc...basically discuss everything that is relevant to the Alliance.

I will stick around, maybe suggest stuff, but the main voice is Alpha, so take the scene dear sir.

Let's make this awesome!:lolo

TOP SECRET PLAN ON HOW TO TURN
THE REVIEVER ALLIANCE INTO SOME AWESOME SHIT

Before we start, the above title is the only thing which will even remotely remind of a joke. Starting from this point and ending with the publication of our next Joint Review I get serious. There’s a helluva amount of work lying in front of us, and if we just goof around the Reviewer Alliance (RA) will remain just a failed project. You get it. No jokes, no wannabe-bullsh**, nothing at all. Let’s begin.

Small explanation of what awaits us next. You will see three sections called “Format” “Content” and “Organization”. The titles are self-explaining and don’t need any extra explaining from my side. What comes next, are those questions listed under the respective sections. Now, and this is important. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH ANY JOINT REVIEWS UNTIL WE CLEARED ALL THE QUESTIONS. Did I make myself clear? I want to avoid at all cost the horror that happened back at our Bleach JR. We are going to do it like this. We’ll start with the “Format” section and will work our way up to the very last question. Basically, whenever we face a question, we make a brainstorm, then filter out the best suggestions and finally come to an agreement and move on, until we finish all the questions. Note, that over the time, I might add new questions if I decide that a certain aspect hasn’t been discussed, or the other way round, I might remove the finished status of a question (with stating a reason obviously) and then we’ll have to go back to it, and discuss the matter. Also, as you see now, every question is colored in red. This means that this question is not answered. Once we start discussing it, I will change it into blue, what will mean “Work in progress”. And finally when we come to an agreement, it will turn green. Easy to understand, no? :police If you don’t agree, feel free to tell me what you would do different and I’ll gladly discuss the matter with you.

P.S. @ all the newcomers.
As I’ve explained before your main task is to provide us with material for the Bonus Section. Now you might think, that this is where you have to stop, but this isn’t the case. Even though you don’t write the actual review, you are still members of this big group called Reviewer Alliance. By no cost do I want to achieve the feeling, that you are “outcasts” or anything of that sort. You are members of the RA, just like me and black and bene and everyone else. We all are one big group and we must stand together, no? :D Anyway, I got distracted. The main thing is that you can also participate in the discussion of those questions. I should only be grateful for any ideas you could give us. :thumbs

- Format
- A1 What and how many sections should be in a review?
- A2 What should the sections be called?
- A3 What is the maximum amount of reviewers for every precise sections?
- A4 In what order should we make the respective sections?
- A5 Should we make one fixated format for all reviews, or a specific one for every different manga?

- Content
- B1 If there are more than 2 reviewers working on one section, how should the section be spilled as to avoid repeats?
- B2 How big should be a section? How many paragraphs should it have?
- B3 How much humor/jokes should we put into our review?
- B4 How to link the content of our respective sections? How to make the review seem more like a whole thing, and not just a bunch of text from 5 different people?

- Organization
- C1 How do we choose the reviewers who are responsible for the respective sections ?
- C2 Who is the boss in a team and responsible for everything?
- C3 What to do with the newcomers and how to involve them in our review?
- C4 Is there a way how to prevent accidently deleting the review?
- C5 How to find out, whether someone did any changes?
- C6 How do we choose the manga we are going to review?
- C7 Where will we write the actual review? Google Docs or MH?
- C8 What is the deadline for the finishedl Review? 48 or 72 hours?

I’m pretty sure I’ll add more questions later. I’ve only published this thing so that we can actually start working. Here’s an example to show what I mean.

Question A1:
Let’s count. Poll; Review Intro; Small Summary; Long Summary; Art Corner; Character Spotlight; Predictions; P.S. (I’m not sure of this section, maybe we should remove it?); Bonus.
So, if we count the Poll as well we have 9 sections.

==============================================================

Finish the Review in [countdown]2011:11:7[/countdown]

@Coffee
Make a One Piece Banner.

@Shinsatsu
Make a Fairy Tail Banner.

@Googlez_kun
Make a FT/OP fanart

@Writers
FT/OP based story

@Reviewers
Discuss the questions

No maximum amount of Reviewers. Write as much as you can. "Editor" will put it all together.

Member List

alphabeta (Reviewer) (GMT+3)
benelori (Reviewer) (GMT+2)
blackjack612 (Reviewer) (GMT-6)
dark Lord (Reviewer) (GMT)
Googlez_kun (Artist) (GMT+2)
Jammin (Reviewer) (GMT-5)
Josef K. (Reviewer) (GMT+1)
Kdowns (Reviewer/Writer) (GMT-8)
LoneLobo (Reviewer) (GMT+2)
otomo20 (Reviewer) (GMT+8)
phio_chan (Writer) (GMT+7)
RaveDragon (Writer) (GMT+2)
scav (Reviewer) (???)
Shinsatsu (Artist) (GMT)
The Underscore (Reviewer) (GMT+1)
yukilove21 (Writer) (GMT-8)
~coffee~ (Artist) (GMT-8)

O.K. Let's skip the formalities (they'll come later :hurr) and get over to main business. In my last message I asked you guys to... well, you remember what. The point is, that I want to specify that I need your timezone in a GMT format. Thanks in advance.

I already kinda got used to those PM's. :darn

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

In all these big whirl of good news, I have a bad one for you guys. otomo20 is as of now, officially not part of the Reviewer Alliance anymore. This will stay this way until we hear any new news from him.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings all. For anybody who doesn't know I'm the current reviewer for a manhwa webcomic called "Noblesse". If you've never heard of the series I recommend you check it out. It starts out a bit slow but steadily improves as the series progresses and at this point I would put it's story on par with any manga or manhwa out there.

My timezone is eastern standard daylight time or GMT - 5:00

LoneLobo

Reviewer
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Greetings!
Because I'm really busy all I'm posting right now is my timezone:

Central European Time, normally GMT+1, currently we have daylight saving time, meaning GMT+2.

Greetings,
Lone

blackjack612

Reviewer
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. I'm currently CST (US) : GMT -6. However, when I move to start my new job, I'll be GMT-8 after 10/7/11.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
In case anyone is interested. My timezone is MST (Moscow Time Zone): GMT +3.

:vbunny

[mod=bene] take 1 from that and you got me[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Underscore

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
For me it's GMT +1, same as LoneLobo.
Little activity except for the occasional Friday night, Saturday a couple of hours and Sunday (almost) all day. I'm far too busy :(.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
As always, scav is late. :fail Scav, man, stop ignoring your activity in this Alliance. If you want a Breaker/Noblesse Joint Review, better do as I say :pwnge

---------- Post added September 30, 2011 at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was September 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

On a side note, Jammin and Underscore, I need a real nick for you. I mean something like alphabeta ---> alpha ; benelori ----> bene

Writing your whole usernames everytime is getting a little bit annoying. I suggest jamm and u_s respectively. Your thoughts about this, please.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Scav mentioned to me that he was a bit busy. So it might be a little while before he ready your message alphabeta.

-----------------------------

As for thoughts on nicknames.....

• My 1st thought is "Since Jammin is my nickname, having a nickname for a nickname is a weird concept.":amuse
  • My 2nd thought is "Jammin is only 6 letters! Is shortening it really worthwhile?" -teasing:p
  • My 3rd thought is "However you want to shorten it is fine. When I'm putting in a pinball score or something I usually go with "JMN"; can't get much shorter than that. Or "Jam" or "Jamm" as long as I can figure out who your talking about it's fine by me."

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
OP was on break this week, so when finally it comes back next week, we could try reviewing that

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
OP was on break this week, so when finally it comes back next week, we could try reviewing that
First we gotta finish all the preparations I mentioned in my last PM. Then we have to decide what to review next. Let's not forget about scav's idea with the characte review.

---------- Post added October 01, 2011 at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was September 30, 2011 at 07:56 AM ----------

I'm kinda late with the preparations and stuff, but I suggest that the next manga we review should be Fairy Tail. Everyone who read the last chapter should agree with me.

Last edited:

The Underscore

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Either One Piece or Fairy Tail could be good. With Fairy Tail's current events it would be fun doing the next chapter. Though I'd say it would have to be next week's chapter to review considering the current events :amuse.

Also on a nickname for my nickname, I guess you could use u_s. I usually use Underscore if "The" can't be added, but as long as an underscore is used it could work :amuse. Though just using an underscore would be confusing ;).

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Either One Piece or Fairy Tail could be good. With Fairy Tail's current events it would be fun doing the next chapter. Though I'd say it would have to be next week's chapter to review considering the current events :amuse.
I'd love to review FT 254, but no matter how we look at it, we're not gonna make it. Heck, I'm not even sure about 255. I didn't mention this here, but aside from structurizing the whole JR business, I'm also recruiting people for our Bonus section. Artist's and writers. I send my proposal only yesterday, but already got 3 new people for our Alliance. I suppose though, that I'll finally post the main stuff of what I thought up today. :headscratch

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yohohoho~So what's the next review?OP or FT?Would be good to know.Thanks in advance!

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yohohoho~So what's the next review?OP or FT?Would be good to know.Thanks in advance!
We'll tell you in advance. One thing's for sure. There guaranteed won't ba a review the next chapter.

How soon do you have to know in advance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I see,thanks.

Of course it depends on what i want to do.Fanart,coloring or something else,but that doesn't really matter all that much.What I'd want to know is how long you need to complete a review?But I guess I'd like to know it one day in advance.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I see,thanks.

Of course it depends on what i want to do.Fanart,coloring or something else,but that doesn't really matter all that much.What I'd want to know is how long you need to complete a review?But I guess I'd like to know it one day in advance.

one day :lmao

Let me tell you this. Once we finish the whole prepation stuff, we'll only have to make a schedule of reviews. My plan is that we'll make a schedule for 4 reviews straight meaning you'll have a whole month before you to prepare some works :thumbs

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello. :)

I reviewed this weeks One Piece chapter and became fond of it, it was pretty fun actually, may I suggest more attention to that place, I mean I decided to do a review about the chapter because of the break, can someone try to do it more frequently there like it used to be, it feels like it has died out, I will try my best to do weekly reviews but I hope for others to jump in, other popular manga get reviews pretty much weekly.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Trololo~

Ladies and Gentlemen,

please allow me to introduce the new members that I managed to bring into our Alliance. First we start with the newborn Reviewer Josef K. Then we move onto three new people who will write some awesome literral works for our Bonus Section. yukilove21, kdowns and phio_chan. And, saving the best for last :D. We have Googlez_kun as the main contribution of the artistic half in the Bonus Section.

Welcome Everyone
:confetti

Let's get the party started :party (No alcohol to minors tho :police)

O.K. I was joking. Things get serious from now on. I PM'ed bene with the list of changes I was talking about. Once he publishes it in the OP we can finally start working. Also, newcomer-group. Please tell me your timezones in a GMT format, so that I can make deadlines and stuff. Once again, welcome to our Reviewer Alliance.

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Umm, I am CST which I believe is GMT-8 I think

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am CET(Central European Time), that is GMT+1.