Doubles - Round 1 Block A - Miyako/Yanagi vs Oishi/Momoshiro | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Doubles Round 1 Block A - Miyako/Yanagi vs Oishi/Momoshiro

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Miyako Shinobu / Yanagi Renji

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Oishi Shuuichirou / Momoshiro Takeshi

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Just cause? Umm, so you tell me Fuwa might be stronger than Ochi or Tohno or Kimijima? Meh. I'm done here. There's just too much Rikkai fanism for me to take this seriously. Oishi/Momoshiro probably going to lose although Momoshiro shows that he can beat 1st stringer level player and none of his opponent this time is that high up. But well, it happens. This is even ignoring the canon partnership that Momoshiro/Oishi pair have.
The pattern, not the order. It ain't to hard to understand, Ken. Fuwa might be stronger than Mouri, just like Mitsuya and Taira are prolly better than one of the Mutsus.

Actually, Rikkai is one of the schools I like the less (I prefer, Hyotei, Seigaku... hell, even Yamabuki and Rokkaku), so stop implying that I'm biased or something, I'm being objective.

Last edited:

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
No, Miyako and Yanagi have not shown anything at all that shows that they are 1st stringer material from what we've seen so far. And Momoshiro alone solo 2 1st stringer. That's really enough for me to vote Momoshiro/Oishi in this match. Unless Yanagi/Miyako added sum is higher than 2 1st stringer combined, I don't see them winning this match.

It's irrelevant how weakling Oishi are in this battle because Momoshiro is too much for the other two to handle. Stats doesn't matter as much as partnership. This is shown when Chitose/Tachibana lost to the 3rd court pair. Unless you were to say those two are 3rd court level. But then, Yanagi doesn't show much more impressive things than WoK. So in that case, Yanagi is 3rd court max too then. If you're not sure about Oishi/Momoshiro partnership, they are from the same school AND have a canon pair match in the series before.

This is doubles, so all Oishi role have to do is to ensure that Momoshiro can hit BJK and it'll all be good game. Momoshiro have a decent strength and it's been shown throughout the first series. Yet his waist is broken.

Why can't I say Momoshiro will take out those two with BJK when he take out a 1st stringer who is pretty much 3 court above Miyako? Renji is the other team only hope here. And I don't see him as 1st stringer material as he got completely stomp by 1. But it doesn't look like I'm going to convince you.
So because Momo and Oishi defeated two first stringers doesn't mean that Yanagi or Miyako can't make it to the first string. Either Yanagi or Miyako can go to Oishi or Kenya and crush them and be from the first string. Guess what, Oishi is higher ranked than Momo, so like you said before, higher # means better/stronger player, ok. Oishi>Momo? Anoher example: Kawamura>Tooyama? No way in hell.

What makes you think Hara/Taira won't lose for example to Yanagi and miyako? Miyako has freakin 5 in power, which should be able to deal with Bakyuun or BJK (from momo, not Oni). Yanagi has Data Tennis and probably really strong technique to develop either ways to seal BJK or return it.

You are saying that Momo would win this match alone because he stomped two first stringers with BJK. What makes you think Yanagi and Miyako can't return BJK? That's my point. I agree with you that Momo has drastically improved since his loss against Oni, but BJK is not Rai, meaning, players like a good power stat like Miyako or good technique like Yanagi should be able to deal with it.

And because Momo and Oishi have a good partnership doesn't mean they will suddenly open Synchro. Either way, you can't say Oishi cam create setups for Momo to hit BJK because that'd mean he would have to create chance balls for Momo or hit the ball to hard places for Miyako and Yanagi to reach, and that's highly unlikely.

Because Momo stomped two first stringers doen't mean a thing. And Yanagi or Miyako can be first string material, they can go to Oishi or Kenya and defeat them, and voila, they're first stringers. So it's not reckless to say that Yanagi and Miyako can win the match, and I won't repeat again, so for me they're the winners.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Yeah. Except Momoshiro is the only player here who actually defeat a ACTUAL first stringer. Saying Yanagi and Miyako can beat Oichi is laugh worthy. Thanks for letting me know that I can't take your opinion seriously. Let's end it here. It's clear you're blind with fanism and refuse to see the truth in the manga.

And what make you think Miyako and Renji can return BJK when two player who is better than Miyako and Renji can't return it? Why do you think 1st stringer, who have been selected to play oversea, would have a lower technique than Renji? And if power is enough, why doesnt Momoshiro return it back then? Can you prove to me that Momoshiro power stat is lower than 5? Unless you can, I'm just going with facts in the manga. Which is Momoshiro > 2 1st stringer. Both of his opponent this time is weaker than 1st stringer. And ALSO, they probably have less "doubles partner" bonus than the pair that been playing oversea. I really don't see him losing.

Momoshio/Oichi pair, on the other hand, is a canon pair from the manga and have a 1st stringer material character.

And there's no way Taira/Hara team will lost to Miyako and Yanagi. Miyako is 3rd court. He's not even 1st court. How the hell can he even come close to 1st stringer who is even stronger than the 1st court. That leaves Yanagi, who we only know have a amazing chance of winning of 0% against #17, who is just 1 seat higher than them. Give Yanagi the most benefit of doubt you will give him, and he might be even to #18. And that's the most you can really give him. And that's ignoring the doubles bonus that the captain pair should have, since this is doubles, and that Yanagi/Miyako pair have none. Taira/Hara stomp. And since Momoshiro alone solo them, he win this too. Just the fact that you think Miyako/Yanagi pair have a chance of beating Taira/Hara makes me know it's just useless to argue against you. You don't use evidence nor logic from the manga. Just your gut feeling of a character. Don't bother anymore unless you can provide evidence from the manga, because it's just useless. You're not going to convince me with just your opinion.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
First of all, are you trolling? I'm not sure, no one here is a Yanagi /Miyako fan, as far as I know.

Tezuka has a 5 in tech. Freaking Tezuka, "just" a 5. Do you really think that Momo is as powerful, as Tezuka is skilled? No way

Taira and Hara didn't show impressive strength nor tech. Yanagi is part (even if you don't wanna face it) of Rikkai's 3 demons that dominated the nationals SINCE THEIR 1ST YEAR. The guy IS skilled. He only had 0 % chance against #17 because it was a Data Tennis match and his data was inferior. Had #17 been someone else, the story would had been different.

Momoshiro / Oishi isn't canon (unless I'm missing something) they never played a match together, they are as canon as Horio / Tezuka.

Miyako (even though he lost) was selected to play against #12 and #13, and only lost because it was a pure power match (even Kawamura and Kabaji could win points). As I said before with Yanagi, if he had a different rival the story would had prolly been different.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Tezuka has a 5 in tech. Freaking Tezuka, "just" a 5. Do you really think that Momo is as powerful, as Tezuka is skilled? No way
Krauser also had a 5. Did Krauser ever knock someone out with a ball? No? Momoshiro has.And a higher power stat than Momoshiro doesn't guarantee that BJK can be return just because of that. In fact, the only clean return of BJK we saw comes from Kintarou, who hit it back with a move that's more dangerous than 108th style. And Gin send Kawamura off further than Krauser send his opponent flying with not even his 30th style yet. It doesn't show much.

Taira and Hara didn't show impressive strength nor tech. Yanagi is part (even if you don't wanna face it) of Rikkai's 3 demons that dominated the nationals SINCE THEIR 1ST YEAR. The guy IS skilled. He only had 0 % chance against #17 because it was a Data Tennis match and his data was inferior. Had #17 been someone else, the story would had been different.
Yeah, evidence in the manga that say that. Go on, I'll wait. Taira and Hara is 1st stringer. They play overboard. They are more powerful than 1st court. 1st court is more powerful than 2nd court. 2nd court is more powerful than third court, which Miyako is on. Seriously, that's the end of story.

Momoshiro / Oishi isn't canon (unless I'm missing something) they never played a match together, they are as canon as Horio / Tezuka.
Read Kantou first match with Hyoutei and come back to me.

Miyako (even though he lost) was selected to play against #12 and #13, and only lost because it was a pure power match (even Kawamura and Kabaji could win points). As I said before with Yanagi, if he had a different rival the story would had prolly been different.
Miyako is 3rd court. That's all there is to it. It's tier difference. If Miyako is as powerful as you say, why isn't he on the team to play aboard? Why the hell is there at least 16 players above him in 1st and 2nd court? Now I ask, are you trolling?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Krauser also had a 5. Did Krauser ever knock someone out with a ball? No? Momoshiro has.And a higher power stat than Momoshiro doesn't guarantee that BJK can be return just because of that. In fact, the only clean return of BJK we saw comes from Kintarou, who hit it back with a move that's more dangerous than 108th style. And Gin send Kawamura off further than Krauser send his opponent flying with not even his 30th style yet. It doesn't show much.

Yeah, evidence in the manga that say that. Go on, I'll wait. Taira and Hara is 1st stringer. They play overboard. They are more powerful than 1st court. 1st court is more powerful than 2nd court. 2nd court is more powerful than third court, which Miyako is on. Seriously, that's the end of story.

Read Kantou first match with Hyoutei and come back to me.

Miyako is 3rd court. That's all there is to it. It's tier difference. If Miyako is as powerful as you say, why isn't he on the team to play aboard? Why the hell is there at least 16 players above him in 1st and 2nd court? Now I ask, are you trolling?
Actually, Krauser's main technique (Southern Cross) consists on making people fly... and yeah he usually knocks people with that move. He almost Knocked Kirihara and Nakagauchi... and Sakata was almost dead. We're really gonna compare power basing on how far people fly? :XD

Kanto? Kikumaru / Momoshiro against "Dirty Pair"? Oishi was injured back then...

This isn't just about courts, it wouldn't be fun that way.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

And yeah, Kaoz, letal and me decided to troll you, and we're all big fans of Miyako. Sorry.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kanto? Kikumaru / Momoshiro against "Dirty Pair"? Oishi was injured back then...
Ah, yeah, so I was wrong on that one.

This isn't just about courts, it wouldn't be fun that way.
Except that the court really simply shows Miyako is flat out weaker than 1st stringer. It doesn't matter how awesome you think Miyako is. The fact is that he's below 2nd court, which is below 1st court, which is below 1st stringer.

There is exception. Oni, Irie, and Tokugawa are those exception. Yamato can also be consider to be higher than 3rd court since he never use his Yume tech before his match with Tezuka. If Miyako have something up his sleeve, then sure. Give me a page that shows that, then.

Court is canon material that shows a character tier. 1st stringer # is also another canon material that shows the tier. Ignore all that all you got is just fanism.

If you say you're not Miyako/Renji fan, fine. Show me a proof from the manga that shows that both of them combined are higher than 2 1st stringer level and I'll concede. If you're cheering for characters without any evidence, that's what it look like.

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Lol hardy nailed it. We're big fans of Miyako.

No seriously, Ken, your post are full of assumptions sometimes. For example, saying higher # means better player. Also, I'm not a fan of neither Miyako or Yanagi, but I'm talking based on what we know and what could happen, and because I don't have your same opinion doesn't mean I'll try to convince you. So don't say that and also that my posts have no logic. I'm just defending my opinion.

So I won't change my mind and I will keep my decision based on what could happen in this match.

You think he higher the # the better the player? Like you said, first string number shows the tier. Completely baseless. You think Mouri>Date? Or Duke>Ryoga?
I guess you're the one who's trolling.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
See, I don't think the higher #= better player is an assumption. In fact, I think thinking otherwise is, based on what we've seen so far. I support this claim before in other post, too. Why doesn't G10 follow the same format as 11-20 1st stringer? Why does Ochi look stronger than Mouri? Kimijima/Tohno also prove their skill if you look at their score in their match, not to mention Kimijima pretty much "win" against Tohno by using negotiation and beating 3 people at once should be enough proof why he's stronger than Tohno.

Ryoga is the one who just join because he was just pick up from overboard. His # wouldn't reflect his actual skill. I do think it's very possible Mouri can beat Date. It's just that I mention this point before over and over again. Actually, the coach themselves says that G10 army is on a whole another level. Shall I give you a link on that? If Konomi say they are another level, I'll listen to Konomi instead of your attempt at trolling. Thanks.

Oni is another player that doesn't follow this rule because of sealing Kishin mode. We saw Tanegashima in doubles. Should we assume Duke can beat him? Or Akiba can beat him? Akiba a singles player, right? Or maybe Akiba can beat #6, because you guys say it's clear #6 is a doubles player, and from what we've seen, Akiba is Singles player. Is it simply a coincidence that Byoudonin, the strongest player (barring Oni) is #1?

There's too much of a general trend upward that higher skill comes with # closer to 1. Having pure high base stats and being a very high tier player is not something that Konomi haven't done before. Shiraishi is a prime example of this, and he's from PoT. SPoT have A LOT more example. In fact, Miyako is one of those player that only got high base stats and nothing else. And so, just because some player doesn't have 1000 fancy tricks doesn't mean they are going to lose. Kenya got speed as his prime attribute and he lost to Mouri who had none. Some 3rd stringer got some tech and they got trash in 11-20 1st stringer first appearance. Fuji got trash by Shiraishi.

And please support your claim earlier that Miyako can beat one of the 1st stringer. Seriously, it's flat out ridiculous. He's 3rd court. He's not like Tanegashima, Yamato, Oni, Irie, or Tokugawa. There's nothing that shows he's higher than his court #. At all. Show me anything that even shows he can beat 2nd court, much less a 1st stringer. Take this page into consideration,

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v03/c027/9.html

And look at different in score here.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v03/c027/11.html

And then using Tanegashima quote to support it, assume the same difference from 2nd to 3rd. and 1st to 2nd. There's nothing in the manga that say the gap between 2nd and 1st court and 3rd court are smaller. There's only that page. That's a mimimum of how much difference Miyako and Hara between those two and Miyako. Sure, the difference between 1st court and 1st stringer might be bare minimal, because it's not mention much at all. But taking common sense into consideration, 1st stringer should be stronger than 1st court because they are selected from all HSes to play overboard.

And lastly, I don't think you guys are Miyako fan. Probably Renji. Rikkai have a lot of fan in this board as far as I know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.