High Tier Singles - Round 1 Block C - Tachibana Kippei vs Kirihara Akaya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

High Tier Singles Round 1 Block C - Tachibana Kippei vs Kirihara Akaya

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Tachibana Kippei

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Kirihara Akaya

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Singles - High Tier
Round 1 Block C

NameTachibana Kippei
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayAugust 15th
Height179 cm
Weight67 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder

VERSUS

NameKirihara Akaya
GradeMiddle School 2nd Year
BirthdaySeptember 25th
Height168 cm
Weight61 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner

Serve order: Tachibana -> Kirihara

This round ends on Wednesday, August 14th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Back in the Regionals Kirihara crushed Tachibana but Tachibana didn't reveal his true self (Mojuu). Back then it was REM!Kirihara. Now Kirihara has Devil Mode and tachibana has Mojuu. Moreover Akaya can only use AM! when paired up with Shiraishi. Tachibana will get definitely hurt by Akaya's Devil Mode.

On the other hand, Tachibana will get points using Mojuu, Abare jishi and Abare Dama. Kirihara will definitely use Devil Mode but Tachibana will overcome it with Mojuu for sure. I think that Tachibana will use Mojuu to get used to Akaya's shots in Devil Mode and eventually avoid being hurted. Kirihara's Knuckle Serve shouldn't faze Tachibana and Tachibana has enough speed with Mojuu to return Akaya's shots. He will get points with Abare Dama, and in the end he'll be victorious.

Tachibana wins the match 6-4 or 7-5.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kirihara will start out ahead, and then Tachibana gets serious, and then Kirihara uses Devil Form and dies from its side effects so Tachibana wins by default. The score is probably going to be 5-3 with Kirihara ahead.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Deaths are not an acceptable outcome.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Lol Kirihara will not die from using DM. He might not use it anymore but that's not totally sure, so if he uses it Tachibana will struggle against it, but I think he will overcome it eventually he should be able to start a counter against it.

For me, Tachibana with Mojuu is fast enough to return Kirihara's shots. He'll take some damage but I see him showing resistance and enduring the shots. Other than that, if kirihara doesn't use anymore DM, Tachibana crushes him.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tachibana didn't win any points against Chitose after Chitose got Saiki. Furthermore, it was also said that Tachibana was better than Kirihara during the Kanto tournament, but in the end he still lost 1-6.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
But that was Gimp!Tachibana and wasn't even revealing his true self. If he went serious and used mojuu? He would have completely owned Kirihara. He defeated Kanto!Fuji who was ahead of Akaya until he used Muga. Kirihara would have been crushed

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Tachibana didn't win any points against Chitose after Chitose got Saiki.
It was also said that if Tachibana had used Abare Dama earlier or aimed not only at Chitose's right side (until the very last shot), the story could had been different.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I can't see Tachibana losing this since Kirihara cannot move between AM and DM in Singles. If he could freely weave between the two Kirihara becomes dangerous as hell.
Until then, Tachibana takes this. I'm not too confident on the game count though.
6-4?

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'd give Tachibana a 6-4 victory. Abare Dama may give Akaya some trouble, but even if it doesn't really, Moujou no Aura is seemingly better than Devil Mode. As everyone else has stated, Akaya can't use AM or SDM, so...

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
But that was Gimp!Tachibana and wasn't even revealing his true self. If he went serious and used mojuu? He would have completely owned Kirihara. He defeated Kanto!Fuji who was ahead of Akaya until he used Muga. Kirihara would have been crushed
Of course, but Kirihara wasn't crushed because he injured Tachibana. What I'm saying is that if Tachibana gets injured again, he might lose despite being stronger on paper.

It was also said that if Tachibana had used Abare Dama earlier or aimed not only at Chitose's right side (until the very last shot), the story could had been different.
Abare Dama is true enough, but the right side should be fairly negligible as long as Chitose has Saiki. It is extremely likely that, unlike Tachibana, Tezuka targeted the complete court during his match with Chitose, but the blind spot wasn't an issue anymore.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if Kirihara doesn't physically die he'd have to forfeit the game like most people do when they've exhausted themselves.

Devil Mode is considerably above Tachibana's tier as of POT. There's no way Tachibana can handle DM but as of NPOT it is no longer possible to sustain Devil Mode for any period of time so it doesn't matter anyway. I assume the version of DM where Kirihara has control of himself is much weaker. Honestly, I'm not even sure what's the point to go to Devil Mode or Angel Mode in NPOT because he looks more or less the same before and after. It seems like the whole point is that Kirihara becomes a team player except this is singles so that part isn't relevent.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I view Tachibana as even-ish to Yanagi. As Yanagi can seal devil mode completely, I assume Tachibana can do the same here. But I don't have much to prove that Tachibana is on Yanagi level.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I view Tachibana as even-ish to Yanagi. As Yanagi can seal devil mode completely, I assume Tachibana can do the same here. But I don't have much to prove that Tachibana is on Yanagi level.
Yanagi is part of the Big 3 so at least people consider him to be on the same tier as Sanada and Yukimura, even though it's hard to see why he'd be in that tier. Nobody would consider Tachibana the same tier as Sanada and Yukimura. I think Yanagi is way underrated in the series because of his relationship with Inui, but he's supposed to be only slightly weaker than Sanada. People talk about the big 3, not "Sanada Yukimura and his sidekick".

If you go back to the original dialogue about Furinkazan, Yanagi said once he had Sanada on the ropes but then he can't do anything once Sanada used Rin. However, unlike the other cases of that flashback, we know Rin is definitely not data tennis. That is, we know Sanada can beat Kirihara with ka (power vs power) or Atobe with zan (endurance vs endurance), but Rin versus Yanagi is definitely not data tennis versus data tennis. I realize at that point Konomi might not have even thought of what Rin is supposed to do, but since Sanada has nothing in common with data tennis this implies this is a victory that wasn't a 'head-on' victory, and the only other person that Sanada needed to do that was Tezuka.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yanagi is part of the Big 3 so at least people consider him to be on the same tier as Sanada and Yukimura, even though it's hard to see why he'd be in that tier. Nobody would consider Tachibana the same tier as Sanada and Yukimura. I think Yanagi is way underrated in the series because of his relationship with Inui, but he's supposed to be only slightly weaker than Sanada. People talk about the big 3, not "Sanada Yukimura and his sidekick".

If you go back to the original dialogue about Furinkazan, Yanagi said once he had Sanada on the ropes but then he can't do anything once Sanada used Rin. However, unlike the other cases of that flashback, we know Rin is definitely not data tennis. That is, we know Sanada can beat Kirihara with ka (power vs power) or Atobe with zan (endurance vs endurance), but Rin versus Yanagi is definitely not data tennis versus data tennis. I realize at that point Konomi might not have even thought of what Rin is supposed to do, but since Sanada has nothing in common with data tennis this implies this is a victory that wasn't a 'head-on' victory, and the only other person that Sanada needed to do that was Tezuka.
No, no one considers him being part of the same tier as Sanada and Yuki, not even in the manga. Perhaps at the beginning, it was true, but that's before we actually met Renji and we just heard about the Three Kings. Renji's good in specific matchups against people, but by the end of PoT, he wasn't exactly top tier. Before this year, most of the Japanese middle school players were fairly bad. In comparison, Renji would've been awesome, but, in terms of singles by the end of PoT, Renji's not that great. He's a solid player, but he's not top tier.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Before this year, most of the Japanese middle school players were fairly bad. In comparison, Renji would've been awesome, but, in terms of singles by the end of PoT, Renji's not that great. He's a solid player, but he's not top tier.
I'd say at least bottom of the top tier man.
Nationals!Yanagi can still cream and eat away at Nationals!Kirihara lol.
At an MS level, Yanagi's still a dangerous dude, although you're absolutely right, he doesn't compare to the other 2 members of the 3Monsters of Rikkai.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yanagi is nowhere near Sanada and Yuki's tier. Yes by the end of POT he was a fairly strong player and could cream most MS, but he's nowhere near Rikkai's big 2.

He's not top tier now. There are several MS above Yanagi at this point. The Rikkai's big three should be inmediately changed to Rikkai's big two or something like that (including Yanagi with them is pointless).

Last edited:

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
While there's obviously nothing based on what Yanagi's done that'd suggest he's ever in the same tier as Sanada or Yukimura, the fact is that even Mouri refers to this collection of individuals as "big 3". In the manga they're always referred to as the big 3 which means all the characters in the manga consider them on the same tier. Therefore it is unfair to use a character in the Sanada tier to say Kirihara is weak, since neither Kirihara nor Tachibana has any chance against someone in that tier.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
They are called Rikkai's Big 3 as they were part of Rikkai's regulars and dominated the Nationals since their first year (and obviously, they are Rikkai's 3 best players)... That doesn't mean that they are in the same tier, at all.

Imo Tachibana would have a chance to win against Yanagi (and it's actually very likely), why not?

This went kinda offtopic btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.